• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I kinda doubt that Zinnia (is that even confirmed to be her official English name?) confirms a Z version. I think it's just people grasping at straws.....again.

But I wouldn't be surprised if she does show up in Z (if that's the route they go).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
The Delta mission in ORAS has some references towards the war of 3000 years ago and AZ himself. So there you have a little bit of extra info, which the third game will explain even further.

I think the third version (s) is/are going to be prequels. Kalos has a lot of back story to tell. And with prequel I mean like 20 years back, not 3. Sycamore and Lysandre could be your travel companions (more back story on Lysamdre's anger), and the protagonists could be your parents (parents from X and Y).

Prequels could also explain more what happened in the Kalos region, like seeing Sycamore writing a note to his future self, the Lost Hotel being a very popular Hotel (and why it collapsed), the succes of the mine, the urbanisation of Lumiose, development in technology, meet the Lumiose Ghost Girl (which is alive now) and many more.
This means we also get to see new Elite Four members and Gym Leaders. Ramos, Olympia and Wulfric could stay Gym Leaders, while we get 4 new ones, and Korrina being replaced by her grandfather. Drasna and Wikstrom could also stay Elite Four members, or even be Gym Leaders.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I think the third version (s) is/are going to be prequels. Kalos has a lot of back story to tell. And with prequel I mean like 20 years back, not 3. Sycamore and Lysandre could be your travel companions (more back story on Lysamdre's anger), and the protagonists could be your parents (parents from X and Y).

I was a bit irritated that Game Freak left the protagonists mother back home even though she's easily the most interesting parent in all of the series so far. I want to race Rhyhorns too, dammit.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Prequel idea as Liberal Army had stated would actually be pretty unique. We've never seen such a thing before, to be honest, and it would definitely be a nice change of pace. Plus, we wouldn't have to worry much about connections and whatnot; although some things are bound to be linked with X and Y versions, which take place in future, majority of its things would still be different, giving us a fresh, new experience all-together.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
A prequel would be awesome, but I'm starting to think there won't be a third version. This is the "surprise" GF will give us.

If all the legendaries are catchable between XY and ORAS, there's little reason for a third Kalos version, isn't there?

Unless, of course, there are still some legendaries left to catch. I've seen no mention of the beast trio, the lake trio and the musketeers in ORAS.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Unless, of course, there are still some legendaries left to catch. I've seen no mention of the beast trio, the lake trio and the musketeers in ORAS.

The Beasts, lake trio and the musketeers were actually confirmed to appear in Hoenn a day ago.

The only non-event legendaries that are left are Giratina amd Kyurem, no more. They could be reserved for the third version, and you can only encounter them once you bring Dialga, Palkia and Reshiram, Zekrom respectively.
Event Pokemon could still appear in the third version, but requires an item to unlock them. Much like Mew in Emerald, Victini in BW and the Sinnoh Event Trio in Gen IV.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
The Beasts, lake trio and the musketeers were actually confirmed to appear in Hoenn a day ago.

The only non-event legendaries that are left are Giratina amd Kyurem, no more. They could be reserved for the third version, and you can only encounter them once you bring Dialga, Palkia and Reshiram, Zekrom respectively.
Event Pokemon could still appear in the third version, but requires an item to unlock them. Much like Mew in Emerald, Victini in BW and the Sinnoh Event Trio in Gen IV.

That's really sad IMO. A third Kalos game is less likely then. :(

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
That's really sad IMO. A third Kalos game is less likely then. :(
Why would that make another Kalos game less likely? They don't make the games just for legendaries. There's not really any reason imo for them to not make another game this gen.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Why would that make another Kalos game less likely? They don't make the games just for legendaries. There's not really any reason imo for them to not make another game this gen.

I agree, but legendaries are a big reason too. Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza weren't obtainable in 4th gen until HGSS, which was the last set of games.

They should do something with Kyurem, though, because you can get the DNA Splicers in X and Y.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Really? When do you get those? It must be later on in the game, 'cause I'm still grinding for experience on Route 5.
You get the DNA Splicers in the post-game. If you show a woman in Kiloude City Kyurem, she'll give you the DNA Splicers.

Why she has them in the first place, idk.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
You get the DNA Splicers in the post-game. If you show a woman in Kiloude City Kyurem, she'll give you the DNA Splicers.

I hope there's a reason, but it's probably as simple as the fact that her being there gives players who didn't get to go through one of Generation V's games a chance to get them. Oh, well…

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I feel it'd be pretty interesting if Kyurem were able to sort of adapt forms of Xerneas and Yveltal (similarly to how it did with Reshiram and Zekrom in Black 2 and White 2), but chances of this actually happening isn't very high, I believe, especially considering that it's a generation-five Pokémon (and in terms of plot, was not focused in neither X nor Y in any way).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Yes, they could still make a third version, but with only a few legendaries. Xerneas, Yveltsl and Zygarde are probably the main focus.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I hope there's a reason, but it's probably as simple as the fact that her being there gives players who didn't get to go through one of Generation V's games a chance to get them. Oh, well…

I think it's there for the same reason we got the Gen IV Legendary Dragons' Orbs. They didn't allow us to transfer those items up with our pokes and wanted to keep the experience whole for us. Yanno, bein Good Guy Game Freak for a change.

Nothing's worse than cognitive dissonance about your RNG'd perfect roaming legendary halfway through a later-gen metagame. There goes another 30 hours down the commode.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years

They should do something with Kyurem, though, because you can get the DNA Splicers in X and Y.

Really? When do you get those? It must be later on in the game, 'cause I'm still grinding for experience on Route 5.

I think it's there for the same reason we got the Gen IV Legendary Dragons' Orbs. They didn't allow us to transfer those items up with our pokes and wanted to keep the experience whole for us. Yanno, bein Good Guy Game Freak for a change.

OK, you're probably right about that.

Nothing's worse than cognitive dissonance about your RNG'd perfect roaming legendary halfway through a later-gen metagame. There goes another 30 hours down the commode.

True, that.

Last edited:
Years
Z after X and Y ?

I'm not sure that I'm in the right section for this thread. I'm sorry if I'm not. I'm new so I'm really sorry if it's not the right section. I'll delete it if I'm wrong.

Do you think that there will be Pokemon Z after ORAS ?

I think it will be. Cuz as far as I'm concerned, I think Pokemon X and Y are quite incomplete. There are mysteries unsolved and Zygarde must have a story or at least a role to play in the story.
Beside Hoopa and Volcanion may not be officially released in ORAS.

What do you think ?

Here in France people are confused ~_~
Is it the same across the sea :D ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back