• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I don't recall there ever being a two year break between two Pokémon games (the most is one year off)...no game in 2016 would be really off...

Yeah it does seem absurd. I think that was just me speaking out of post-pokemon go announcement depression. lol

The timeline they showed during the conference almost felt like they were alluding to gen 7 being released in 2016. I think it's possible but given the mega evolution special and the movie + Zygarde hype it's hard to tell what's going on lol.

Eh. At least we're bound to know something within the next few days.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah it does seem absurd. I think that was just me speaking out of post-pokemon go announcement depression. lol

The timeline they showed during the conference almost felt like they were alluding to gen 7 being released in 2016. I think it's possible with given the mega evolution special and the movie + Zygarde hype it's hard to tell what's going on lol.

Eh. At least we're bound to know something within the next few days.
    Joe (from Serebii) said on Twitter that it was just meant to show the 20th anniversary off, nothing more. With my limited Japanese it seems that is the case (after the twenty is the Kanji for year and the other one I assume means celebration/anniversary or something along those lines in other words the 20th year anniversary/Celebration ). It could be a clever hint though...

I am desperate for news too...the heat here is making the wait even worse >_<

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    I don't recall there ever being a two year break between two Pokémon games (the most is one year off)...no game in 2016 would be really off...
    going by japanese release dates & only counting the main series
    red & green- 2/27/96
    red & blue- 10/15/96
    yellow- 9/12/98
    gold & silver- 9/21/99
    ruby & sapphire: 9/21/02
    firered & leafgreen: 1/29/04
    emerald: 9/16/04
    diamond & pearl: 9/28/06
    platinum: 9/13/08
    heartgold & soulsilver: 9/12/09
    black & white: 9/18/2010
    black2 & white2: 6/23/12
    X & Y: 10/12/13
    omegaruby & alphasapphire: 10/21/14
    so 2 year gaps have occurred before

Years
    going by japanese release dates & only counting the main series
    red & green- 2/27/96
    red & blue- 10/15/96
    yellow- 9/12/98
    gold & silver- 9/21/99
    ruby & sapphire: 9/21/02
    firered & leafgreen: 1/29/04
    emerald: 9/16/04
    diamond & pearl: 9/28/06
    platinum: 9/13/08
    heartgold & soulsilver: 9/12/09
    black & white: 9/18/2010
    black2 & white2: 6/23/12
    X & Y: 10/12/13
    omegaruby & alphasapphire: 10/21/14
    so 2 year gaps have occurred before
    You forgot Crystal (Dec 2000 irc)
    I said "two year break" as in two years in a row without a game. 1997, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011, and 2015 all count as one year off/break.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    Wouldn't surprise me if Pokemon Go was meant to lead into the next main series game. I never played HGSS, but they came with the PokeWalker at first, right? Or whatever it was? Maybe they plan on releasing the Go+ with the next game and having some sort of feature where you can catch a Pokemon in Pokemon Go and transfer it with a Hidden Ability or 3 IVs or something into the game.

Years
    Wouldn't surprise me if Pokemon Go was meant to lead into the next main series game. I never played HGSS, but they came with the PokeWalker at first, right? Or whatever it was? Maybe they plan on releasing the Go+ with the next game and having some sort of feature where you can catch a Pokemon in Pokemon Go and transfer it with a Hidden Ability or 3 IVs or something into the game.
    Sounds possible but for those like me who lack a Smart Phone it will be disappointing (unless they pull a reverse of what they did with shuffle aka mobile first, 3DS second in this case).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    It could be any hour or even any minute now that CoroCoro busts the fandom wide open. I'm putting in my last prediction of what the relationship between Blob-mon, Zygarde, and monolith Pokémon might be. They might be stages of a standard evolution... Blob-mon as pre-evolution for Zygarde, and monolith being the finale stage of evolution for Zygarde. I think that would be kind of cool, at least to me anyways. I can't recall a Legendary having some sort of evolutionary line other than Phione and Manaphy. What makes me think this is that Zygarde's name is partially derived from "zygote". The definition and the Greek naming for it reminds me an awful lot of what we seen the multiple Blobs do at the end of the trailer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zygote

A zygote (from Greek ζυγωτός zygōtos "joined" or "yoked", from ζυγοῦν zygoun "to join" or "to yoke"),[1] is a eukaryotic cell formed by a fertilization event between two gametes. The zygote's genome is a combination of the DNA in each gamete, and contains all of the genetic information necessary to form a new individual. In multicellular organisms, the zygote is the earliest developmental stage. In single-celled organisms, the zygote can divide asexually by mitosis to produce identical offspring.

Years
    It could be any hour or even any minute now that CoroCoro busts the fandom wide open. I'm putting in my last prediction of what the relationship between Blob-mon, Zygarde, and monolith Pokémon might be. They might be stages of a standard evolution... Blob-mon as pre-evolution for Zygarde, and monolith being the finale stage of evolution for Zygarde. I think that would be kind of cool, at least to me anyways. I can't recall a Legendary having some sort of evolutionary line other than Phione and Manaphy. What makes me think this is that Zygarde's name is partially derived from "zygote". The definition and the Greek naming for it reminds me an awful lot of what we seen the multiple Blobs do at the end of the trailer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zygote

I mentioned a similar theory to Unapologetic by Vm a couple days ago. I think that Zygarde could be mimicking the stages of evolution. Of course the implication of that is that the giant may not even by Zygarde's final form (could appear in a Gen VII remake alongside Mega Xerneas and Mega Yvetal) if we're talking about a three stage line like Blaziken and others.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    I can't recall a Legendary having some sort of evolutionary line other than Phione and Manaphy.
    not really an evolutionary line but more family thing which other legendarys have.
    mewtwo was an offspring of a mew that was genetically tampered with(main series games), a genetically enhanced clone of mew made from a fossil(anime first one voiced by male VAs, still no explanation as to where the hell the second mewtwo came from outside of it just being some lab) & a human/pokemon hybrid clone of mew with some of blanes cells infused into it to make up for the lack of mew cells needed(adventure/special)
    it has also been heavily speculated that the 3 legendary beasts ho-oh revived where originally a flareon, jolteon & vaporeon. if this is the case then it would mean all the eeveeslutions & eevees are related to them.
    regirock, regice & registeel are basically regigigas's children as it created them
    the lake guardians & the creation trio where directly made by arceus and arceus itself started out as an egg indicating it has a mother whom i shall now call the "holy mother of god".
    genescet is a cybernetically enhanced pokemon revived from a fossil so before death it was more then likely hatched from an egg & the theory is that it was made from a kabutops fossil given that they where around @ the same time.
    diancie is a transformation of cabink. i honestly don't see why you can't breed cabinks from diancies unless the transformation includes an early menopause.
    also, both latias & lugia are capable of having kids in the anime.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Hmm... no leaks to speak of, and it's Friday here in the U.S. I can't remember, but is it possible to get leaks on the weekends? From what I can remember, they have usually happened on a weekday. I'm willing to admit, the waiting is starting to slowly grate at me lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Hmm... no leaks to speak of, and it's Friday here in the U.S. I can't remember, but is it possible to get leaks on the weekends? From what I can remember, they have usually happened on a weekday. I'm willing to admit, the waiting is starting to slowly grate at me lol.

Yes they r quite pushing it hehe. Since some have told here that CoroCoro usually doesn't announce new games, I dont get my hopes too high. The foreseen upcoming news about the new Mega Evolution act don't really stand out for me as the new game's are. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Years
    Yes they r quite pushing it hehe. Since some have told here that CoroCoro usually doesn't announce new games, I dont get my hopes too high. The foreseen upcoming news about the new Mega Evolution act don't really stand out for me as the new game's are. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Even if we don't get an announcement as long as we know the blobs' name we can better predict what's coming. If it's not a form of Zygarde but an entirely new Pokemon then that means that Gen VII is going to happen within the next 3 years (most early bird mons get their games within 3-1 year of being shown off), or we're getting Gen VI.5.

Hmm, I had a feeling this Corocoro would come late... it may even leak on the 13 (usually the latest day for it to leak during a 15th release). Btw I think the person who mentioned this issue was coming out on the 13th got confused as the issues are named after the upcoming month and the issue titled "September issue" was officially released on the 13 and that's the one we got last month :P (plus there was a holiday last month too). Also the "September issue" mentioned that more info on the blob and giant and the anime would be released in the following issue due on the 15th (the issue we're now waiting for).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Even if we don't get an announcement as long as we know the blobs' name we can better predict what's coming. If it's not a form of Zygarde but an entirely new Pokemon then that means that Gen VII is going to happen within the next 3 years (most early bird mons get their games within 3-1 year of being shown off), or we're getting Gen VI.5.

Hmm, I had a feeling this Corocoro would come late... it may even leak on the 13 (usually the latest day for it to leak during a 15th release). Btw I think the person who mentioned this issue was coming out on the 13th got confused as the issues are named after the upcoming month and the issue titled "September issue" was officially released on the 13 and that's the one we got last month :P (plus there was a holiday last month too). Also the "September issue" mentioned that more info on the blob and giant and the anime would be released in the following issue due on the 15th (the issue we're now waiting for).

Yes I get you but now that we found out that the blob is somehow connected to Zygrade, Im not so interesting in it since the news cant be that shocking. Maybe they will announce the new game/s in the event that's gonna take place in 2 weeks? The one u mentioned earlier.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Regarding the 13th VS 15th: That's what I kind of thought, because the issue that came out last month specifically stated that the next issue(the one we're waiting for) would come out on September 15th. So yeah, I was kind of confused by the "it's coming out on the 13th" statement. Fake 4chan leaks aren't the only thing that we have to watch out for, but misinformation as well.

For the announcement of a new game or games, I'm betting that anywhere between the second half of September through all of October. Since they didn't do it before the CoroCoro leaks, it's safe to assume that anytime afterwards before the end of 2015 is fair game. We first learned about Kaiju-garde and Blob-mon back in July, I can't imagine them keeping a new game title in the dark for much longer. I might be totally wrong on this, you never know... but it doesn't seem very reasonable to tease us new forms and 'mons, and then make us wait for 4-6 months to hear any official game announcement.

Years
    Regarding the 13th VS 15th: That's what I kind of thought, because the issue that came out last month specifically stated that the next issue(the one we're waiting for) would come out on September 15th. So yeah, I was kind of confused by the "it's coming out on the 13th" statement. Fake 4chan leaks aren't the only thing that we have to watch out for, but misinformation as well.

For the announcement of a new game or games, I'm betting that anywhere between the second half of September through all of October. Since they didn't do it before the CoroCoro leaks, it's safe to assume that anytime afterwards before the end of 2015 is fair game. We first learned about Kaiju-garde and Blob-mon back in July, I can't imagine them keeping a new game title in the dark for much longer. I might be totally wrong on this, you never know... but it doesn't seem very reasonable to tease us new forms and 'mons, and then make us wait for 4-6 months to hear any official game announcement.

Especially when you consider that Giratina & Shaymin, and Kyurem's formes were revealed close to when Pt and B2W2 were announced respectively. Though Platinum was announced in May three months after Giratina's Origin forme and Shaymin's sky forme was revealed...interestingly the game came out in Japan four months after the announcement...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Really sorry for double-posting, but a wild MASUDA appeared:

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/642338446380437504

He's tweeting to people to get hyped for CoroCoro, has he ever done this before? It has to do with the anime as well, so there may be more stuff than what we're expecting? He tweeted this just today, so I'm wondering if the leaks are pretty imminent. Also the reaction tweets are hilarious.

Years
    Really sorry for double-posting, but a wild MASUDA appeared:

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/642338446380437504

He's tweeting to people to get hyped for CoroCoro, has he ever done this before? It has to do with the anime as well, so there may be more stuff than what we're expecting? He tweeted this just today, so I'm wondering if the leaks are pretty imminent. Also the reaction tweets are hilarious.

He has with the variety show...and some of those things weren't very exciting...one of them was a special event Mewtwo... I don't recall him saying the same for a corocoro before...there might have been one...

Edit: It seems to be talking about anime news in Corocoro...which just so happens is what the blob and kaiju were being linked to in last issue...

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Isn't there supposed to be some "exciting" anime news coming in October? I read that on a forum that I lurke on regularily(I think it was Marriland?) I've also heard on and off that there is supposed to be a crossover sometime with Ash and Alain. Are both of those things correct? If so, I'm wondering if that's what all the fuss is about.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Thanks for sharing the news, the comments are hilarious as u said hehe.
    I guess that means no game/s news this month or atleast in the next CoroCoro issue.

Years
    Isn't there supposed to be some "exciting" anime news coming in October? I read that on a forum that I lurke on regularily(I think it was Marriland?) I've also heard on and off that there is supposed to be a crossover sometime with Ash and Alain. Are both of those things correct? If so, I'm wondering if that's what all the fuss is about.

I think they meant the October issue (aka the corocoro issue that is due this month). I think the Ash and Alain thing is a rumor.

@ janejane We still don't know what is in the Corocoro for sure, who knows it could tease a big announcement next month. Actually since Platinum was announced 4 months prior to release in Japan an October release with a similar release window would put it in February (in time for the anniversary of the release of RG)
    Also there is still the Tokyo Game show next week...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back