• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The dog form is admittedly a little weird to me and it came out of nowhere, but I like the perfect form a lot. Idk how exactly we're supposed to change Zygarde between it's different power level forms, but personally I kinda hope that it doesn't involve absorbing Xerneas/Yveltal. I'd rather that they try to avoid reusing some things. I mean yeah there's the red and blue on it but that doesn't necessarily mean Zygarde is gonna absorb them. It just at least confirms what everyone already kinda knew, that the 3 of them are related.

Don't really care for the Ash-Greninja.

Well we know what the dog like statue in the Elite 4 is now. Those statues seem to be Zygarde forms.
    There were dog-like statutes at the Pokemon League? Guess I gotta take a visit to there later....

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    XYZ? I'd just like to say I called it a page or two back on this thread! Haha

Have u guys noticed Team Flare's scientists being in the poster? I think that means we're gonna have a third version- Z, as the main evil team wasn't changed like they did with Team Plasma.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Even though the anime is now gonna be called Pokemon XYZ idk if that necessarily confirms that what we are getting next is indeed Z version.....

I'm very curious as to what Perfect Zygarde's Ability and stats will be. Back before B2/W2 and the Kyurem forms were revealed I wouldn't have ever thought that they'd make Pokemon with a stat higher than base 160 (with the Deoxys-A and Deoxys-S being the exceptions just to have an exception, not to mention that the rest of their stats are really low), but with the introduction of Black/White Kyurem, Megas/Primals, and Mega Rayquaza, there isn't really a limit now probably on how strong statwise they're willing to make Pokemon now. Will 100% True Power Zygarde surpass Mega Rayquaza, or will it be a hyped up but ultimately underwhelming legendary? Or something in-between?

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Even though the anime is now gonna be called Pokemon XYZ idk if that necessarily confirms that what we are getting next is indeed Z version.....

I'm very curious as to what Perfect Zygarde's Ability and stats will be. Back before B2/W2 and the Kyurem forms were revealed I wouldn't have ever thought that they'd make Pokemon with a stat higher than base 160 (with the Deoxys-A and Deoxys-S being the exceptions just to have an exception, not to mention that the rest of their stats are really low), but with the introduction of Black/White Kyurem, Megas/Primals, and Mega Rayquaza, there isn't really a limit now probably on how strong statwise they're willing to make Pokemon now. Will 100% True Power Zygarde surpass Mega Rayquaza, or will it be a hyped up but ultimately underwhelming legendary? Or something in-between?

Usually I'm not a fan of the extremely powerful Pokémon but I think I'd want 100% Zygarde to be an absolute monster. I think it'd be pretty pointless to hype it up with several different formes at different power levels *cough*ahem*cough* and then have it not be one of the most powerful Pokémon in the Pokéverse.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019

You're right, it doesn't confirm that the new game is gonna be called Z version (although very likely), but many things indicate that we're gonna have the traditional 3rd version: The main evil team staying the same, the main legendery Pokemon having 1 full final form (Unlike Kyurem's) etc

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Is the new Greninja form ACTUALLY based on Ash's look? Or was the magazine just pointing out the similarities? I really hope it's not based on Ash. But if it is, I guess that makes Ash "canon" in all games going forward if there's a Pokémon based on him.

EDIT: And if it is based on Ash, how does that even make sense (In the Pokémon world of course) that all trainers can capture a Pokémon based on this little trainer from Pallet town?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Is the new Greninja form ACTUALLY based on Ash's look? Or was the magazine just pointing out the similarities? I really hope it's not based on Ash. But if it is, I guess that makes Ash "canon" in all games going forward if there's a Pokémon based on him.

I'm mainly wondering that Big Shuriken Greninja carrying on its back !
    That's What make The New Greninja unique.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    As I pointed out in the other thread, there are three colours on Zygarde's chest. Blue, white and red in that order. Not only are the blue and red representing the other two legendaries but adding the white in makes it the colours of the French flag where Kalos is based on. :)

Years

EDIT: And if it is based on Ash, how does that even make sense (In the Pokémon world of course) that all trainers can capture a Pokémon based on this little trainer from Pallet town?

It's probably going to be an anime exclusive thing. Ash's Frogadier will probably evolve to look like that from due to Ash's influence or something equally ridiculous and probably wont show up in the games outside of maybe a WiFi distribution event. It wouldn't be the first time the anime pulled something like that (the Spikey Eared Pichu comes to mind).

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I'm hoping it's just similar OR it became similar to Ash because their bonds are too close that Greninja has gained a new form. Imo, it's just too messed up to merge a trainer and their Pokémon.

That disturbing moment when you merge with an offspring of your Pokémon and the parent Pokémon technically becomes your parent. @_@ There are more, but it's getting out of topic. I'm hoping that new mechanic isn't fusing with the trainer. Just no.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It's probably going to be an anime exclusive thing. Ash's Frogadier will probably evolve to look like that from due to Ash's influence or something equally ridiculous and probably wont show up in the games outside of maybe a WiFi distribution event. It wouldn't be the first time the anime pulled something like that (the Spikey Eared Pichu comes to mind).

However , What about that Large "Shuriken" on Greninja's back ???
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

I mean , Its is ether a Shuriken or Twin Blade !

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I think Greninja is just a Mega Evolution for it. I don't see them changing something like that and I don't think they would make something anime exclusive and not include it into the games.

And having Megas for the Kalos starters at least just makes sense. Especially now with Diancie having a Mega.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Have u guys noticed Team Flare's scientists being in the poster? I think that means we're gonna have a third version- Z, as the main evil team wasn't changed like they did with Team Plasma.

Yeah namely the green hair and the one who made Looker's adoptive daughter to do stuff.
    I'm sure those aren't screenshots from XY, as there's a screenshot featuring Zygarde's in-game event.

That doesn't deny the posibility of a prequel though! >:)

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    I woke up to seeing this and I can tell you I am really hyped, but there are several questions that remain unanswered to me:

- What will be the connection between the new game and Pokemon Go be (if there is one) ?
    - What will the official announcement say (coming in a few days)? Will the new game be announced?
    - What purpose does Perfect Zygarde serve? I mean, it can be anything, depending on the game being either a prequel or a sequel, but It's just really mysterious.
    - Why a dog? I like its design but it really reminds me of Keldeo and Meloetta, it looks like a total different Pokemon that could be introduced back then and form like a weird trio or something.
    - The blob is the brain of every form of Zygarde? Does that mean that without it Zygarde can't take a specific form without it? Will the blob be an ingame item (Prison bottle, Splicers etc) or must specific conditions be met for Zygarde to change form?
    - About the game, given that Perfect will still be a Dragon/Ground type, will they give it an ability so that it doesn't get wrecked by Ice Type attacks (like they did with primal Groudon) or an ability that will make it a total offensive beast? I'm leaning towards it being a defensive wall when used competitively.

I also made a sort of speculation, regarding one of my questions above (that are rhetorical and just food for thought, they may all be replied by Gamefreak/Nintendo with the announcement). Us getting a prequel or a sequel share the same chances. Why you ask? Well, first occasion is the prequel, where the events take place before XY events and Zygarde is a huge Guardian, which in order to keep Kalos safe separates into Xerneas and Yveltal and its power is seriously diminished. I can't speculate further on the scenario, but one occasion is Perfect Zygarde splitting into 3 different Pokemon, Xerneas Yveltal and itself at 50% (what we already know as Zygarde).

The other occasion is us getting a sequel, which to me is much more interesting. After Kalos events Team Flare will be reunited under Malva (I think they mentioned she had something to do with team flare at XY games). What if Xerneas and Yveltal feel a greater threat in the face of Hoopa (and possibly Volcanion) and share their strength with Zygarde to form its ultimate form? That poses many further questions, like why hasn't Volcanion been announced or hinted yet, but let things be the way they are as of now.

I think we're getting a game announcement before 2015 ends with a release near June 2016. And we're only getting one game, most likely Pokemon Z. But we still have to think what "Flowers" have to do with that as well...

Regarding Greninja, I'd be totally pissed off if it along with the other 6th gen starters gets a mega evolution. I wasn't expecting anything regarding Greninja at all at this coro coro leak. It's great for competitive use and I get it that they promote it for the fact that it is brand new and want to promote their main games at the moment, but why Greninja? Why not all the starters? And why not give some love to other gens, because to my eyes Greninja is really poorly designed, probably second worse behind Samurott. Show some love to Feraligatr, Empoleon, Typhlosion, Infernape or Serperior dammit!

Nothing more to say, I wish we don't have to wait too long for the next game announcement.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Yeah namely the green hair and the one who made Looker's adoptive daughter to do stuff.
    I'm sure those aren't screenshots from XY, as there's a screenshot featuring Zygarde's in-game event.

That doesn't deny the posibility of a prequel though! >:)

But I dont get it, Masuda said that Pokemon Z will be too predictable so why would he go with it?
    You're right , a prequel is also a possibility and I hope that's what we're gonna get ( I prefer sequels but that option doesn't seem that realistic atm).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I woke up to seeing this and I can tell you I am really hyped, but there are several questions that remain unanswered to me:

- What will be the connection between the new game and Pokemon Go be (if there is one) ?
    - What will the official announcement say (coming in a few days)? Will the new game be announced?
    - What purpose does Perfect Zygarde serve? I mean, it can be anything, depending on the game being either a prequel or a sequel, but It's just really mysterious.
    - Why a dog? I like its design but it really reminds me of Keldeo and Meloetta, it looks like a total different Pokemon that could be introduced back then and form like a weird trio or something.
    - The blob is the brain of every form of Zygarde? Does that mean that without it Zygarde can't take a specific form without it? Will the blob be an ingame item (Prison bottle, Splicers etc) or must specific conditions be met for Zygarde to change form?
    - About the game, given that Perfect will still be a Dragon/Ground type, will they give it an ability so that it doesn't get wrecked by Ice Type attacks (like they did with primal Groudon) or an ability that will make it a total offensive beast? I'm leaning towards it being a defensive wall when used competitively.

I also made a sort of speculation, regarding one of my questions above (that are rhetorical and just food for thought, they may all be replied by Gamefreak/Nintendo with the announcement). Us getting a prequel or a sequel share the same chances. Why you ask? Well, first occasion is the prequel, where the events take place before XY events and Zygarde is a huge Guardian, which in order to keep Kalos safe separates into Xerneas and Yveltal and its power is seriously diminished. I can't speculate further on the scenario, but one occasion is Perfect Zygarde splitting into 3 different Pokemon, Xerneas Yveltal and itself at 50% (what we already know as Zygarde).

The other occasion is us getting a sequel, which to me is much more interesting. After Kalos events Team Flare will be reunited under Malva (I think they mentioned she had something to do with team flare at XY games). What if Xerneas and Yveltal feel a greater threat in the face of Hoopa (and possibly Volcanion) and share their strength with Zygarde to form its ultimate form? That poses many further questions, like why hasn't Volcanion been announced or hinted yet, but let things be the way they are as of now.

I think we're getting a game announcement before 2015 ends with a release near June 2016. And we're only getting one game, most likely Pokemon Z. But we still have to think what "Flowers" have to do with that as well...

Regarding Greninja, I'd be totally pissed off if it along with the other 6th gen starters gets a mega evolution. I wasn't expecting anything regarding Greninja at all at this coro coro leak. It's great for competitive use and I get it that they promote it for the fact that it is brand new and want to promote their main games at the moment, but why Greninja? Why not all the starters? And why not give some love to other gens, because to my eyes Greninja is really poorly designed, probably second worse behind Samurott. Show some love to Feraligatr, Empoleon, Typhlosion, Infernape or Serperior dammit!

Nothing more to say, I wish we don't have to wait too long for the next game announcement.
    There is a flaw in only getting one sequel version...we had a pair and how can we have a sequel to a pair whose story events slightly differed? Unless the new game doesn't reference either game of course... I mean in X Lysandre got hit by the immortality ray (maybe), and in Y he got hit by the death ray (maybe), how would they fix that?
    A prequel makes more sense than a sequel as XY can be treated as diverging timelines from it.

But as I said earlier it could be like Emerald, an alternate world of XY but whose events take for whatever reason take place a few months later compared to XY.

I'm guessing an earlier release. I'm a hoping for February but it could also come out a bit later. If it's later I am guessing it'll come out around when Go does since Go is early 2016.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back