• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The new forme/mega for Greninja is interesting, I'm pretty sure this means Chestnaught and Delphox will get the same treatment. It probably won't be too long before an official announcement trailer is released, they tend to happen soon after Coro Coro is has leaked. Masuda has already teased an announcement related to the TV anime series on 15th September, it will probably tie into what has been discovered today.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It's probably going to be an anime exclusive thing. Ash's Frogadier will probably evolve to look like that from due to Ash's influence or something equally ridiculous and probably wont show up in the games outside of maybe a WiFi distribution event. It wouldn't be the first time the anime pulled something like that (the Spikey Eared Pichu comes to mind).

Except , Spikey Eared Pichu didn't had a extra body-part ! They simply had different shape ear & color.
    But Ash's Greninja has a Shuriken/Twin Blade on its back .
    I wonder , If Greninja does have a Megevolution in 3rd version then how would Ash's Greninja would look if he megevolve. (since he already look so different then other Greninja)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    But I dont get it, Masuda said that Pokemon Z will be too predictable so why would he go with it?
    You're right , a prequel is also a possibility and I hope that's what we're gonna get ( I prefer sequels but that option doesn't seem that realistic atm).
    I think that Z was too cool of a title for them to let them pass by if that is the new game's name and if the anime name is not just a reference to the trio's first letters (XY&Z).
    Yeah, a sequel seems unlikely as it'll choose one over the other (there is debate as whether GS is a sequel to RG/B or Yellow after all...)

@ Blue. I was pretty sure that what Masuda was talking about was Corocoro itself (it leaks officially on the 15th)...

Years
    Except , Spikey Eared Pichu didn't had a extra body-part ! They simply had different shape ear & color.
    But Ash's Greninja has a Shuriken/Twin Blade on its back .
    I wonder , If Greninja does have a Megevolution in 3rd version then how would Ash's Greninja would look if he megevolve. (since he already look so different then other Greninja)

I think the Shuriken is a reference to Water Shuriken (the move), in Super Smash Bros it forms one similar in size and shape to Ash's Greninja one.
    I wouldn't mind it being a Mega though (and it looking like Ash is an easter egg or a tribute to Satoshi (the creator) whom Ash in Japan was named after...this will likely be linked to the 20th anniversary after all).

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    There is a flaw in only getting one sequel version...we had a pair and how can we have a sequel to a pair whose story events slightly differed? Unless the new game doesn't reference either game of course... I mean in X Lysandre got hit by the immortality ray (maybe), and in Y he got hit by the death ray (maybe), how would they fix that?
    A prequel makes more sense than a sequel as XY can be treated as diverging timelines from it.

But as I said earlier it could be like Emerald, an alternate world of XY but whose events take for whatever reason take place a few months later compared to XY.

I'm guessing an earlier release. I'm a hoping for February but it could also come out a bit later. If it's later I am guessing it'll come out around when Go does since Go is early 2016.

I too believe that a prequel is more likely to happen, but in any case, if we get a sequel Lysandre will not make any appearance in the games. He could be completely ignored, or mentioned but the reasons why he left can remain unspecified. What I'm trying to say is, when you first encounter Malva as the Team Flare leader, she would only mention that she is the leader now instead of Lysandre [(example: "You weren't expecting to see me eh? Well yeah, since Lysandre left I was left in charge to handle team Flare and here we are!") totally unrealistic dialogue but something like that, that states that SHE is the leader but not WHY she is the leader]. That way they can overcome the trouble they posed to themselves after the mystery of Lysandre (death or immortality). But yeah, in the end a prequel under the name of Pokemon Z is musch more likely to happen.

And I really hope you are right about the earlier release, but only time will tell!

EDIT: Also, does anybody see the Noivern in the background? And that Mega Sceptile. Whose is this Sceptile? I get that Ash's Frogadier will have evolved until the IV Mega Special, and most likely this is the case about the Noibat as well, but what about that Sceptile? Is it the same Sceptile Ash had back in the day? And will the anime continue with Alain as Ash's rival (in which case we can forget Ash getting his Charizard back :'( )?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I think the Shuriken is a reference to Water Shuriken (the move), in Super Smash Bros it forms one similar in size and shape to Ash's Greninja one.
    I wouldn't mind it being a Mega though (and it looking like Ash is an easter egg or a tribute to Satoshi (the creator) whom Ash in Japan was named after...this will likely be linked to the 20th anniversary after all).

Except , The Shuriken is on Greninja's back in both image.
    I'm not even sure if that is a Shuriken , Its look like a Twin Blade.
    It can also be Wing.
    Specially if the new Greninja is based on Cyder Ninja.

Years
    I too believe that a prequel is more likely to happen, but in any case, if we get a sequel Lysandre will not make any appearance in the games. He could be completely ignored, or mentioned but the reasons why he left can remain unspecified. What I'm trying to say is, when you first encounter Malva as the Team Flare leader, she would only mention that she is the leader now instead of Lysandre [(example: "You weren't expecting to see me eh? Well yeah, since Lysandre left I was left in charge to handle team Flare and here we are!") totally unrealistic dialogue but something like that, that states that SHE is the leader but not WHY she is the leader]. That way they can overcome the trouble they posed to themselves after the mystery of Lysandre (death or immortality). But yeah, in the end a prequel under the name of Pokemon Z is musch more likely to happen.

And I really hope you are right about the earlier release, but only time will tell!
    This may be looking too much into it, but Platinum and B2W2 were both released four months after their announcement in Japan, and if this is another WW or quasi WW (like OrAS' release was) then an October announcement would place it in February :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Ash's Greninja vs Normal Greninja.
    Let see the difference .

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years

Ash's Greninja vs Normal Greninja.
    Let see the difference .

At first glance the fin on its head became Red nad got a red circle around it, its ears have gotten black (like Ash's hair) and it obtained a huge Shuriken/Blade thing on its back. It really looks like a regular Greninja, as the differences are really not that big of a deal, so, in terms of the design, I'm starting to think that this is not a Mega evolution, more like something to celebrate Pokemon's 20th anniversary. If so, it is possible that we will only be able to get it via Internet gift and that not all Greninjas can get this transformation (cosplay). Then again, why would they do that? :P And how? They cannot create a new Pokemon slot for a new form, thus the player will get a Greninja. Only that it will look like that. It is weird, I'm really expecting the announcement to erase all the questions I have.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
    Well since Greninja's form seems to be based on Ash's look, I'm wondering if Delphox's form will be based on Serena and Chesnaught's with Clemont. That's if the other two starters will get the same treatment that Greninja gets. I have no idea if it's going to be a mega evolution or not, maybe it'll just be an anime exclusive thing.

I actually don't mind the new forms for Zygarde, it made sense that the blob would be part of Zygarde. The dog form did surprised me, so I'm wondering what the lore will be behind all the forms so I won't judge that form.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    At first glance the fin on its head became Red nad got a red circle around it, its ears have gotten black (like Ash's hair) and it obtained a huge Shuriken/Blade thing on its back. It really looks like a regular Greninja, as the differences are really not that big of a deal, so, in terms of the design, I'm starting to think that this is not a Mega evolution, more like something to celebrate Pokemon's 20th anniversary. If so, it is possible that we will only be able to get it via Internet gift and that not all Greninjas can get this transformation (cosplay). Then again, why would they do that? :P And how? They cannot create a new Pokemon slot for a new form, thus the player will get a Greninja. Only that it will look like that. It is weird, I'm really expecting the announcement to erase all the questions I have.

I'm wondering if we might get a Pokken Tournament trailer featuring this Greninja.
    Off Course , Greninja need its Megevolution for its Burst mode & Burst attack.
    After all , all stater Pokemon should get a megevolution some point in future because its not fair for One region starter to get Megevolution while Other region Starter doesn't.
    I usually imagine Mega Greninja to be like Naruto's Kyoubii/Six path Sage mode.
    Just imagine that Shuriken of Greninja's back become larger and 2 orb floating above it.
    If Alternate Greninja is Anime exclusive then I'm wondering how far writer would go to keep Megevolution away from Ash! Even creating a New version of Greninja just so Ash doesn't get a Mega.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I think 10 % Zygarde's (Canine) learns Thousand Arrows, it howls and shoots arrow to Yveltal. While 100% Zygarde shakes the ground with Thousand Waves to trap Xerneas.

The only thing that connects Zygarde's forms is they are all based of the Norse Mythology.
    https://norse-mythology.org/gods-and-creatures/giants/fenrir/ (canine)
    https://norse-mythology.org/gods-and-creatures/giants/nidhogg/ (The Zygarde as we first know)

https://norse-mythology.org/gods-and-creatures/giants/surt/
    Both are gigantic humanoid beings, Surtr is known for being charred, while 100% Zygarde is mainly dark.
    Surtr is notably a guardian/ruler of Muspelheim and Zygarde's a hidden guardian of the Kalos region.
    Surtr's arrived from Muspelheim, a land of extreme heat and fire. While Terminus Cave isn't stated to be particularly hot, it's worth noting that its location doesn't snow like Snowbelle and Anistar City.

The Ragnarok event might indicate that Kalos will be torn apart by both Xerneas and Yveltal, with Zygarde stepping in.

Now that you bring up Zygarde's connection to Norse myth, the dog form is making more sense now.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Wow, so many thoughts going through my head right now.

- Zygarde. Freaking Zygarde... is awesome. 'Nuff said. I wonder how big Perfect Form is going to be in the overworld? I'll tell you: massive. What if it turns out to be as big as the Anistar Sundial? Speaking of...

- The Anistar Sundial is right smack in the middle of the anime poster. I've hypothesized for a while that the Sundial would have some sort of connection with Zygarde's "secret power", and with it and Zygarde forms positioned in the middle of the poster like that, it tells me I was spot-on. I wonder if it's going to take the Sundial and a specific Item in order to transform Zygarde?

- The anime poster itself. Looks like my earlier question about an Ash/Alain crossover has been answered. Also, it looks like Ash is going to face off against Team Flare after all.

- Sequels, prequels, or 3rd version "Z"? As others have suggested, this is somewhat suggesting a 3rd version. But I'm not going to start making guesses until we get an official game announcement, and I'm hoping that's as soon as the latter part of this month or sometime in October. A 3rd version to me would actually be a good thing in this particular case, because IMO, it would be a great chance for Game Freak to totally revamp the lackluster storyline and Kalos as a whole that's present in X/Y. Here's to hoping they take full advantage of this opportunity.

- Ash's Greninja. I'm not sure what to think, other than it looks pretty cool. I don't know if this is going to be an in-game feature or not. Think about it... we got clothing and accessories for both male and female characters, plus all 3 Kalos starter Pokémon. Put that all together, and you got a butt-ton of combinations for Game Freak to program into the games. Like with the sequel VS 3rd version, I'm gonna hold off until we get more information.

- Game announcement/release date. I'm on board with most of you on that... late September/October-ish announcement, first half of 2016 release. February would be really nice, especially giving that Game Freak has fully acknowledged the 20th Anniversary in the Pokémon GO video. I will honestly be shocked if we don't hear anything before October ends.

- DBZ references. LOL. Pokémon Dragonball CONFIRMED. Maybe Lysandre's hair is a hint that he's a Saiyan god or something.

EDIT: I've go it... judging by the Norse references, we'll get two versions. Pokémon Thor, and Pokémon Loki. Featuring Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    There is another theory behind Greninja new form that we haven't mention.
    What if Greninja have alternate form based on the area they evolve or born ? Like a branch evolution.
    There are 2 possibility---

---1) Player get their starter from another part of Kalo when they evolve differently.

---2) Pokemon Z took place on another universe where the "Battle of Kalo" didn't took place So Megevolution doesn't exist . Basically its the Original universe of Rudy & Sapphire.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    There is another theory behind Greninja new form that we haven't mention.
    What if Greninja have alternate form based on the area they evolve or born ? Like a branch evolution.
    There are 2 possibility---

---1) Player get their starter from another part of Kalo when they evolve differently.

---2) Pokemon Z took place on another universe where the "Battle of Kalo" didn't took place So Megevolution doesn't exist . Basically its the Original universe of Rudy & Sapphire.

#1, has been part of the discussion of XY speculations. There were rumors saying the final evolutionary forms of Kalos starters differs by the version.

I say it's just a Mega Evolution, no need to over read it the similar coloration. They are probably linking it to that main character to create more discussion and speculations.

Years
    Somehow I'm beginning to think that this third version isn't a real third version, but instead its own game... think sequels again.

I'm thinking it could be prequels as unless if they ignore the events of X and Y it'll create issues with which one it's a direct sequel to...
    Or a Emerald style third version.

Years
    I'm thinking it could be prequels as unless if they ignore the events of X and Y it'll create issues with which one it's a direct sequel to...
    Or a Emerald style third version.

That would depend on how heavily X and Y are referenced. So long as they keep which legendary was involved vague and keep Lysandre out of it as much as possible assuming he's around at all, then it could be done. And that's assuming the third version turns out to be a singular one anyway and this whole thing with the anime isn't just the anime doing it's own thing yet again or a blatant attempt to mislead people to throw them off with a real surprise when they finally announce the games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back