• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    So does this confirm that we aren't getting a main series game this year?

Basically it does as he mentioned both upcoming spin offs/side games making it seem like that's all for now.
    He mentioned evolving according to Wingbliss' Bing translation which is how they referred to XY and the generation as a whole, so there's a good bet that he's talking about a new main game here.

Last edited:

Years
    Can we deduce from that that we're not getting a normal 3rd version?

He doesn't provide any hints to what kind of game to expect from what I can translate and based on what the Bing translator says.

Edit: Nevermind, by Green he means Midori (as in Pokemon Green version). He's saying that next year is also the 20th anniversary since Red and Green's release, and that Pokemon will continue to evolve basically.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    He doesn't provide any hints to what kind of game to expect from what I can translate and based on what the Bing translator says.

Edit: Nevermind, by Green he means Midori (as in Pokemon Green version). He's saying that next year is also the 20th anniversary since Red and Green's release, and that Pokemon will continue to evolve basically.

Wait, Im confused hehe. So he isn't talking about a new main game ?

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    This tweet basically ruined my day. Not because I could translate it and found out something terrible nahnahnah. It's because the past hours I've been trying to extract some meaning from it and just nothing makes sense. What I figured out is:

- Pokemon evolved one step further than already known with Mega Evolution. Maybe in the future games Pokemon's bonding with their trainers will result to them getting stringer and changing their performance, as we have first seen with Ash and his Greninja.

- Green. The Z and Zygarde are Green. (thank you captain Gr) LeafGreen is also a thing. 20th anniversary is also a fact. No I'm not speculating again about a first generation remake. Just saying all the facts that came up to my mind that have something to do with green.

- The anniversary is not Red and Green. It's Red and Blue, and Green was the name of a character, I think the rival's name from the original games if the player didn't want to nickname him.

- About the evolution thing. It may be simply because of Pokemon Go. It is a completely new aspect to the game and I see that the Internet is flooded with hype for its release, and it basically is an evolution to the standard games we play in our consoles. I STRONGLY doubt it being the future of Pokemon, but it is really good if we look at it seperately.

CAN'T THERE BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT ALREADY? I'd much rather KNOW that we're getting something trubbish, for example a special Azurill plushie or a real size snorlax couch than expecting something big and not knowing what it is! COME THE PSYDUCK OOOON GameFreak!

ΕDIT: What OrAs said about the signature moves of the legendary Pokemon is really interesting. Yveltal drains the life of the Pokemon it attacks and Xerneas creates life (well raises its stats to destroy life but whatever). So that leaves us with the two signature moves of Zygarde, Thousand Waves and arrows. What could their connection be? Maybe thousand arrows can hit Yveltal despite it being a part Flying type -mon and Thousand waves flinches Xerneas to exhaustion?

Last edited:

Years
    This tweet basically ruined my day. Not because I could translate it and found out something terrible nahnahnah. It's because the past hours I've been trying to extract some meaning from it and just nothing makes sense. What I figured out is:

- Pokemon evolved one step further than already known with Mega Evolution. Maybe in the future games Pokemon's bonding with their trainers will result to them getting stringer and changing their performance, as we have first seen with Ash and his Greninja.

- Green. The Z and Zygarde are Green. (thank you captain Gr) LeafGreen is also a thing. 20th anniversary is also a fact. No I'm not speculating again about a first generation remake. Just saying all the facts that came up to my mind that have something to do with green.

- The anniversary is not Red and Green. It's Red and Blue, and Green was the name of a character, I think the rival's name from the original games if the player didn't want to nickname him.

- About the evolution thing. It may be simply because of Pokemon Go. It is a completely new aspect to the game and I see that the Internet is flooded with hype for its release, and it basically is an evolution to the standard games we play in our consoles. I STRONGLY doubt it being the future of Pokemon, but it is really good if we look at it seperately.

CAN'T THERE BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT ALREADY? I'd much rather KNOW that we're getting something trubbish, for example a special Azurill plushie or a real size snorlax couch than expecting something big and not knowing what it is! COME THE PSYDUCK OOOON GameFreak!

ΕDIT: What OrAs said about the signature moves of the legendary Pokemon is really interesting. Yveltal drains the life of the Pokemon it attacks and Xerneas creates life (well raises its stats to destroy life but whatever). So that leaves us with the two signature moves of Zygarde, Thousand Waves and arrows. What could their connection be? Maybe thousand arrows can hit Yveltal despite it being a part Flying type -mon and Thousand waves flinches Xerneas to exhaustion?
    Uh it is the anniversary of Pokémon Redand Green. In Japan Red and Green were the original pair and FireRed and LeafGreen reflect this.

I think he meant the evolution of the franchise as awhole. As I noted earlier GF used "evolving" to refer to the series in 2013 too and soon after the start of the year we got a XY announcement.

Wait, Im confused hehe. So he isn't talking about a new main game ?
    He isn't.But, "evolving" is how they referred to the series going into 2013 and we got XY announced soon after the start of the year so it can be treated as a hint.

Last edited by a moderator:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    You know, I got to thinking about the 2 remaining slots in the Gen 6 hack-thing for game space... and it would be really awesome if they could combine the aspects of a 3rd version AND a sequel, and still make it a new concept. I'm talking about making a "Pokémon Z: Part I" and a "Pokémon Z: Part II". There's been a lot of movie franchises within the past few years that have done the "Part I and II" thing(Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Twilight, upcoming Avengers: Infinity War), and it just made me think of it. Like make Part I the standard 3rd version(but make it really good and worthwhile, obviously), and then make Part II a direct sequel to Part I. From a business standpoint, even though Part I is essentially a revamped version of X/Y, people would still have the incentive to buy it because they would have to play it in order to move on to Part II.

Years
    You know, I got to thinking about the 2 remaining slots in the Gen 6 hack-thing for game space... and it would be really awesome if they could combine the aspects of a 3rd version AND a sequel, and still make it a new concept. I'm talking about making a "Pokémon Z: Part I" and a "Pokémon Z: Part II". There's been a lot of movie franchises within the past few years that have done the "Part I and II" thing(Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Twilight, upcoming Avengers: Infinity War), and it just made me think of it. Like make Part I the standard 3rd version(but make it really good and worthwhile, obviously), and then make Part II a direct sequel to Part I. From a business standpoint, even though Part I is essentially a revamped version of X/Y, people would still have the incentive to buy it because they would have to play it in order to move on to Part II.
    I had a similar idea except one being a prequel to XY and the other being a sequel to XY.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I had a similar idea except one being a prequel to XY and the other being a sequel to XY.
    XY are only about 1.7GB each, ORAS are 1.8 GB each. 3ds cartridges are made to be able to hold up to 8 GBs.
    right now they can fit all 4 of the 3ds pokemon games onto 1 cartridge & still have about another GB left to add a swap around feature.
    maybe the game will be some quad remake classic edition with remakes of red, green, blue & yellow with each renamed to:
    umbrared, aurablue, aethergreen & luminousyellow

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
    XY are only about 1.7GB each, ORAS are 1.8 GB each. 3ds cartridges are made to be able to hold up to 8 GBs.
    right now they can fit all 4 of the 3ds pokemon games onto 1 cartridge & still have about another GB left to add a swap around feature.
    maybe the game will be some quad remake classic edition with remakes of red, green, blue & yellow with each renamed to:
    umbrared, aurablue, aethergreen & luminousyellow

You do have a point there. However, the games DO sometimes lag. I think it would lag much, much more if they decided to add anything else to it.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    It's been pretty quite after Corocoro...I hope it's not like this until next issue is upon us. Perhaps there'll will be an announcement in Nintendo Direct. What if it turns out that February isn't the release of "Z", but instead it's official announcement?

If they waited until February to announce the game, I would honestly be very disappointed. Not mad, but disappointed.. I don't think they'll wait that long to give an announcement, but yeah... if we thought half the fandom is pissed right now, whoo boy.... I would not touch the Internet under any circumstances if they ever did decide to wait that long.

I have a strange feeling that we're going to get a reveal before CoroCoro next month, and I just about bet that it's going to be like how they revealed X and Y with a trailer.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    If they waited until February to announce the game, I would honestly be very disappointed. Not mad, but disappointed.. I don't think they'll wait that long to give an announcement, but yeah... if we thought half the fandom is pissed right now, whoo boy.... I would not touch the Internet under any circumstances if they ever did decide to wait that long.

I have a strange feeling that we're going to get a reveal before CoroCoro next month, and I just about bet that it's going to be like how they revealed X and Y with a trailer.
    honestly, you guys shouldn't get your hopes up. we will more then likely see a lot of changes with nintendo. everyones going on about the norm with nintendo & forgetting that the one that there's someone missing that was been in charge since pokemon started getting stable release dates & new core series games. iwata was at the top for 15 years about 3/4ths of pokemons lifespan. things are still setting in & the new president has only had rein over the company for 3 days. its too soon to tell how what changers are going to occur. the new president is far from being anything like iwata. iwata was a gamer at his core, kimishima is an accountant at his core.
    he did predict that the wii u wouldn't go so well due to it being "to similar to the wii"
    additionally nintendo has already announced a large scale revision of the organizational structure of the company.
    things are changing, and are currently in a state of flux. its still to soon to know how nintendo's doing let alone what they might try to change with game freak. outside of tembo the badass elephant & solitiba, gamefreak has been working exclusively with nintendo for years

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    honestly, you guys shouldn't get your hopes up. we will more then likely see a lot of changes with nintendo. everyones going on about the norm with nintendo & forgetting that the one that there's someone missing that was been in charge since pokemon started getting stable release dates & new core series games. iwata was at the top for 15 years about 3/4ths of pokemons lifespan. things are still setting in & the new president has only had rein over the company for 3 days. its too soon to tell how what changers are going to occur. the new president is far from being anything like iwata. iwata was a gamer at his core, kimishima is an accountant at his core.
    he did predict that the wii u wouldn't go so well due to it being "to similar to the wii"
    additionally nintendo has already announced a large scale revision of the organizational structure of the company.
    things are changing, and are currently in a state of flux. its still to soon to know how nintendo's doing let alone what they might try to change with game freak. outside of tembo the badass elephant & solitiba, gamefreak has been working exclusively with nintendo for years

No disrespect towards Iwata(bless his soul), but if that were the case, then why is Game Freak and The Pokemon Company already hyping things the way they are now? Oddly, he died shortly after CoroCoro leaks hinted at the shadowy figure that we now know as Complete Form Zygarde. Did they(Game Freak and TPCi) decide to just stop right there after he passed? No, they have obviously kept the hype train going. If what your suggesting is the case, we wouldn't be in the situation that we are right now. It's pointless to reveal Zygarde Forms and a new anime arc simultaneously, on top of hyping the 20th Anniversary itself all at once, and then decide to wait another 5-6 months to reveal a game title. Also, there's the fact of Pokemon GO. Iwata had been involved with that(they even mentioned and payed tribute to him during that reveal), and are they delaying that? Nope.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    No disrespect towards Iwata(bless his soul), but if that were the case, then why is Game Freak and The Pokemon Company already hyping things the way they are now? Oddly, he died shortly after CoroCoro leaks hinted at the shadowy figure that we now know as Complete Form Zygarde. Did they(Game Freak and TPCi) decide to just stop right there after he passed? No, they have obviously kept the hype train going. If what your suggesting is the case, we wouldn't be in the situation that we are right now. It's pointless to reveal Zygarde Forms and a new anime arc simultaneously, on top of hyping the 20th Anniversary itself all at once, and then decide to wait another 5-6 months to reveal a game title. Also, there's the fact of Pokemon GO. Iwata had been involved with that(they even mentioned and payed tribute to him during that reveal), and are they delaying that? Nope.

What makes you think we're getting more information regarding the game/s before the next Corocoro release? As far as I know there isn't any major event going on soon :o

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    What makes you think we're getting more information regarding the game/s before the next Corocoro release? As far as I know there isn't any major event going on soon :o

It doesn't necessarily have to be before, it can be shortly afterwards too. With the current situation at hand, we can have anywhere between now and the very end of October to hear anything. IIRC, ORAS almost literally came out of nowhere during a business meeting, so I think it's plausible that something similar could happen with this game or games too. Or, the official Pokemon website on any given day could be like "OH AND BY THE WAY.... have this trailer" and watch the fandom have a complete meltdown. Which would be awesome and funny at the same time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    It doesn't necessarily have to be before, it can be shortly afterwards too. With the current situation at hand, we can have anywhere between now and the very end of October to hear anything. IIRC, ORAS almost literally came out of nowhere during a business meeting, so I think it's plausible that something similar could happen with this game or games too. Or, the official Pokemon website on any given day could be like "OH AND BY THE WAY.... have this trailer" and watch the fandom have a complete meltdown. Which would be awesome and funny at the same time.

Wow I hope you're right :)
    ORAS announcement did come out of the blue !

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

End of October... man, that sounds like a long wait, haha. I hope they do find a way to surprise us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back