• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It doesn't necessarily have to be before, it can be shortly afterwards too. With the current situation at hand, we can have anywhere between now and the very end of October to hear anything. IIRC, ORAS almost literally came out of nowhere during a business meeting, so I think it's plausible that something similar could happen with this game or games too. Or, the official Pokemon website on any given day could be like "OH AND BY THE WAY.... have this trailer" and watch the fandom have a complete meltdown. Which would be awesome and funny at the same time.
    They did come out of the Blue, even though I had been looking forward to the news of RS remakes I didn't even hear about ORAS until a few hours to a day later.

We could also get an announcement in December. Pt was announced 3 months after Giratina and Shaymin's new formes were revealed. Also December was the intended release month of RG (but were delayed).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I hope that the pull a BW2 in terms of region expansion geographically. I thought Kalos was the most gorgeous region yet, but it felt like there could have been more exploration opportunities. I liked how just about every kind of climate and season(depending on the area, there's a route in Mountain Kalos that looks like fall) was present in the games.

Years
    Perhaps they'll expand the area around Anistar like how the area around Undella town in B2W2 was shown off.

If this is a third version then does that mean that Xerneas and Yvetal will be catchable too like GK in Emerald and DP in Platinum? I sure hope so...but where would they be? GK got areas that for some reason roamed, and DP appeared in portals at Spear Pillar. I imagine they'll get new areas. Perhaps the fairy town and the Mountain around Anistar.

Years
    I think we're going a bit overboard with our speculation. We shouldn't speculate something completely outrageous like a prequel/sequel pair - if we get a pair, it's more likely to be an actual pair instead of two standalones.
    I am doubting a pair in anyform now with 3/4 (counting Cellgarde) new formes as I can't figure who the mascot would be for the other (it seems like getting Zygarde to perfect form will be the objective), the most likely scenerio I see for a pair is if they remake Emerald (Delta Emerald) alongside Z... but that would still be two standalone versions.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I wonder how far Team Flare would have to go for Complete Forme to start kicking Arceus and taking names? While this is most likely nothing, I'm going to bring this up because I thought it was kind of interesting. When you find Zygarde in X/Y, it was in its 50% Forme. According to the information on Complete Forme, both 50% and Complete Forme are designed to straighten things out with the ecosystem. It's when it becomes too much for Snakegarde to handle that it forms into Complete Forme. The Pokedex entry for Zygarde also says that it monitors those who are a threat. So, what if Zygarde took on 50% Forme(the one we see in X/Y) while watching Team Flare in preparation, and then decided "screw it" when it seen Caleb/Serena had things under control?

As for speculating on 2 versions or not, I think that just about anything is fair game right now. Game Freak has made it next to impossible this time for us to try and predict what we're getting, and this is mostly because of what happened with Gen 5 and Masuda stating they always want to surprise us. Ok yeah, I think the anime has given us a little hint, but I'm still keeping my mind open to any possibilities. The anime and game plots don't always follow each other.

On another note, I just had an idea about Zygarde. What if we somehow obtain a Zygarde Core in the early part of the game? And then as the story progresses and you travel throughout the region, you get 10% and towards the climax you have to get it to 50%. And then y'all realize it ain't enough to save Kalos, so you have to upgrade it to Complete Forme.

Years
    I wonder how far Team Flare would have to go for Complete Forme to start kicking Arceus and taking names? While this is most likely nothing, I'm going to bring this up because I thought it was kind of interesting. When you find Zygarde in X/Y, it was in its 50% Forme. According to the information on Complete Forme, both 50% and Complete Forme are designed to straighten things out with the ecosystem. It's when it becomes too much for Snakegarde to handle that it forms into Complete Forme. The Pokedex entry for Zygarde also says that it monitors those who are a threat. So, what if Zygarde took on 50% Forme(the one we see in X/Y) while watching Team Flare in preparation, and then decided "screw it" when it seen Caleb/Serena had things under control?

As for speculating on 2 versions or not, I think that just about anything is fair game right now. Game Freak has made it next to impossible this time for us to try and predict what we're getting, and this is mostly because of what happened with Gen 5 and Masuda stating they always want to surprise us. Ok yeah, I think the anime has given us a little hint, but I'm still keeping my mind open to any possibilities. The anime and game plots don't always follow each other.

On another note, I just had an idea about Zygarde. What if we somehow obtain a Zygarde Core in the early part of the game? And then as the story progresses and you travel throughout the region, you get 10% and towards the climax you have to get it to 50%. And then y'all realize it ain't enough to save Kalos, so you have to upgrade it to Complete Forme.
    As I said before I think the game will be about us getting or helping Zygarde become Perfect Zygarde which includes getting Zygarde early and gathering all the Zygarde cells spread throughtout Kalos (perhaps our Core buddy will lack the power to do so). Meanwhile Team Flare or whoever the antagonists are do the same with another core. In the end we will end up with two Original, aka 50%, Zygardes. "Flare's" will likely absorb ours...

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    i'm starting to think zygardes other forms are going to be accessed though interaction with a side series game. so far there have only been 2 side series games(the two biased in orre) despite the various spin offs and only the ranger spin off series & the little bit of story in the dream radar can really be linked to the canon of the main series. well, maybe pokemon snap can be as well but that's kinda pushing it.
    either way, it would make more sense if zygardes various forms where introduced with unique game mechanics in a different game then the main series.
    i can honestly see them doing something like making zygardes form depend up what level its at. 1 core form 2-9 core form with cels equal to the level -1 around the cores feet , 10-49 10% form, 50-99 50% form 100 complete form.
    also, something interesting proving that that it can be done at least is that someone managed to hack both the 10% form & ash greninja into OR/AS.

Years
    i'm starting to think zygardes other forms are going to be accessed though interaction with a side series game. so far there have only been 2 side series games(the two biased in orre) despite the various spin offs and only the ranger spin off series & the little bit of story in the dream radar can really be linked to the canon of the main series. well, maybe pokemon snap can be as well but that's kinda pushing it.
    either way, it would make more sense if zygardes various forms where introduced with unique game mechanics in a different game then the main series.
    i can honestly see them doing something like making zygardes form depend up what level its at. 1 core form 2-9 core form with cels equal to the level -1 around the cores feet , 10-49 10% form, 50-99 50% form 100 complete form.
    also, something interesting proving that that it can be done at least is that someone managed to hack both the 10% form & ash greninja into OR/AS.
    How does the hacking things into a game prove that Zygarde can be handled the way you're suggesting?

I doubt that Zygarde will be dependent on Levels as the story will likely revolve around it's formes. I imagine that the Zygarde cells will pop up at important parts of the story (perhaps a bit of a side quest at some points).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    How does the hacking things into a game prove that Zygarde can be handled the way you're suggesting?

I doubt that Zygarde will be dependent on Levels as the story will likely revolve around it's formes. I imagine that the Zygarde cells will pop up at important parts of the story (perhaps a bit of a side quest at some points).

I don't tend to think that Zygarde will accompany us along the journey. The main reason is that we only have 6 Pokemon slots to begin with, but I liked the idea.
    It's still so unclear which game we're gonna get and if it will indeed be a traditional 3rd version I will be super dissapointed hehe

Years
    I don't tend to think that Zygarde will accompany us along the journey. The main reason is that we only have 6 Pokemon slots to begin with, but I liked the idea.
    It's still so unclear which game we're gonna get and if it will indeed be a traditional 3rd version I will be super dissapointed hehe

Well the games have lately made us add the legends unto our teams (BW, the Delta Episode in ORAS), this could merely be a longer inclusion of one. Perhaps Zygarde will be special and will occupy a "Seventh" slot which will be for it only. Perhaps the only way we can use Zygarde pre-climax is if all our mons faint then the little blob/dog/snake will come out and assist us.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Well the games have lately made us add the legends unto our teams (BW, the Delta Episode in ORAS), this could merely be a longer inclusion of one. Perhaps Zygarde will be special and will occupy a "Seventh" slot which will be for it only. Perhaps the only way we can use Zygarde pre-climax is if all our mons faint then the little blob/dog/snake will come out and assist us.

Well perhaps you're right. The recent games have been quite unpredictable so who knows ? :)
    I just hope they announce it already through a random business meeting etc since I don't reckon any major event going on this month?

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday

not what i meant, i meant that it means that they can be put into the games not the the methods above that

or it might be the enemy ring leaders pokemon you have to face it in each form 1 at a time, then when you beat it a final time it's given to you with an item that allows you to change its form. a good name for such an item would be something like "Synthetic BC"
    also, given the nature of this pokemon it might corrupted at first with a false "cel" genetically created(like mewtwo) to control the cores

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'm betting that you have to use the Anistar Sundial somehow to get Zygarde's Complete Form. Even if it's something else and not that, the anime poster is strongly hinting that the Sundial is somehow connected to Zygarde.

Gaaaahhhhhh I feel like I can't wait anymore for an announcement. GF is torturing us.

Years
    Well perhaps you're right. The recent games have been quite unpredictable so who knows ? :)
    I just hope they announce it already through a random business meeting etc since I don't reckon any major event going on this month?
    I think they're done for this month in terms of major business meetings. Next month perhaps as they will report their 3Q earnings soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016

I dont feel that way but I understand so theyre slow about announcing it

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2015
    My thought on what Pokemon Z coule be about

This isn't quite a question but instead my thought on the subject

Hello everyone I'm sure you've all heard the news of Pokemon Z or Pokemon XY&Z but whatever the title may be it will be a sequel to X/Y, or an alternate version of it. Now I will be discussing my thoughts on the matter.

Spoilers Ahead, you've been warned

Pokemon omega ruby had an additional story in the end called The Delta Episode. Anyway, this featured a unique and brand new character named Zinnia, being frank she was very mysterious and sort of insane with crazy methods of committing her actions. After the delta episode we are shown what happens to the characters in the end of it all. Since I'm only focusing on Zinnia and not Aqua nor Magma I won't mention them unless I'm prompted to do so. Anyway, Zinnia is seen talking to her grandmother, in which she basically says she's leaving to explore and recreate her life.

There are many speculations that ORAS occurs before X/Y. The exact date is not known, my speculation is that Pokemon Z which mainly will focus on Zygarde will also feature Zinnia (a Dracanoid or something like that [she focuses on dragon type mastery is what I'm trying to say]) and guess what Zygarde is... a Dragon type! Could she somehow be there to help the player (Calem or Serena [Maybe new character?]) in changing Zygarde's form into his perfect 100% complete form? It can't be a coincidence her name starts with a Z. I understand her name in Japanese is Higana but still... She barely had in game screen time and was very mysterious with basically no background history. So what are your thoughts on the matter?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I think that the player character will end up fighting a Zygarde infused human created by the Devon Corporation as a prototype for their super soldier problem that went bonkers and burned some village years ago (possibly Ecruteak). This protoype will be looking for a legendary to serve as the core of that ancient superweapon in Kalos to destroy all humans and will be immensely attached to Zygarde and then Zygarde will be revealed to be an alien shapeshifter from outer space and then- wait, sorry, wrong video game series.

I dunno what the plot will be. Whatever it is I hope it's way more fleshed out than X and Y. And doesn't involve Team Flare.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back