• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I doubt it'll take that long...

Anyways corocoro officially comes out in two weeks so hopefully we'll leave the eye of the storm and get to the wall again.

I know I probably shouldn't, but I'm almost expecting an announcement to be made this weekend on that new Pokemon show in Japan that replaced GetTV. It's their premier this Sunday, and from a business standpoint it would be a great idea for them to announce it in order to kickstart their premier ratings. IIRC, GetTV's ratings weren't doing very good. Also, while they announce the game then CoroCoro shows up a couple weeks later to delve into more details.

Do I really REALLY super-duper expect that to happen? Nope. But I do think CoroCoro will show something this month. I'll be really shocked if they don't.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
Years
It has indeed been very quiet lately. I think Gamefreak have given us time to check what facts and hints have been released already, so that when the announcement is made we're completeley wrong again :P

On a different note, Nintendo faces some more issues as far as I can see. I don't know if this happenned in other countries too, but from what I have heard Nintendo have stopped the partnership with the company that delivered all games and consoles in my country. That being said, I doubt Nintendo will release a new game or console (or literally anything) without having made sure that all countries will have access to their products.

If I'm not making myself clear enough, Nintendo do not sell their products directly in the market. They provide another company (in this case, Nortec Greece) and the company promotes the products to the shops with their resposibility (they are also responsible for the service of deviced, warranty issues etc.). Right now, since the partnership is over, Nintendo must find another company to work with. Otherwise, each and every shop that would want to sell Nintendo products on its shelves will have to make contact straight with the Nintendo headquarters (the sales sector), which is really complicated, leading to the point that very few shops in only densely populated cities of Greece will have access to these products, and for a much higher price, which benefits nobody.

Anyways, I wish to see Nintendo work to solve this problem so that I can get the game exactly when it arrives :P If anyone can help my thought on that please help me, and if it's the wrong topic to say that I am sincerely sorry, but all this nonsense ends up with me doubting we will get a release date or an announcement any time soon!

Peace

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It has indeed been very quiet lately. I think Gamefreak have given us time to check what facts and hints have been released already, so that when the announcement is made we're completeley wrong again :P

On a different note, Nintendo faces some more issues as far as I can see. I don't know if this happenned in other countries too, but from what I have heard Nintendo have stopped the partnership with the company that delivered all games and consoles in my country. That being said, I doubt Nintendo will release a new game or console (or literally anything) without having made sure that all countries will have access to their products.

If I'm not making myself clear enough, Nintendo do not sell their products directly in the market. They provide another company (in this case, Nortec Greece) and the company promotes the products to the shops with their resposibility (they are also responsible for the service of deviced, warranty issues etc.). Right now, since the partnership is over, Nintendo must find another company to work with. Otherwise, each and every shop that would want to sell Nintendo products on its shelves will have to make contact straight with the Nintendo headquarters (the sales sector), which is really complicated, leading to the point that very few shops in only densely populated cities of Greece will have access to these products, and for a much higher price, which benefits nobody.

Anyways, I wish to see Nintendo work to solve this problem so that I can get the game exactly when it arrives :P If anyone can help my thought on that please help me, and if it's the wrong topic to say that I am sincerely sorry, but all this nonsense ends up with me doubting we will get a release date or an announcement any time soon!

Peace
The 3DS you have is Greek right? I do beleive that the EU (and some other areas) countries are considered the same region so if they don't resolve that issue you can import the game from nearby country (could be delayed a couple days), hopefully that won't be too expensive. It could be that the Greek market wasn't profitable for Nintendo and they just dropped it...I think that was also the case with the Brazilian market.

Anyways it is possible that we don't get anything in this month's corocoro. We still have XY&Z's premier so hopefully we can get an announcement around that time.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
So what is the official name of the new game? I've heard two different names. Pokémon Z & Pokémon XYZ
We don't know yet what the official name is. We don't even know if we're getting 3rd versions or sequels or prequels or what. People just find it likely that it'll be called Pokemon Z or Pokemon XYZ because of the name of the new season of the anime, and the fact that Zygarde (which is obviously gonna be the mascot), starts with Z.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
Years
The 3DS you have is Greek right? I do beleive that the EU (and some other areas) countries are considered the same region so if they don't resolve that issue you can import the game from nearby country (could be delayed a couple days), hopefully that won't be too expensive. It could be that the Greek market wasn't profitable for Nintendo and they just dropped it...I think that was also the case with the Brazilian market.

Anyways it is possible that we don't get anything in this month's corocoro. We still have XY&Z's premier so hopefully we can get an announcement around that time.

Yeah it is Greek, and despite the fact that the customers are not too many, we are regular and buy most of the products Nortec brought here for Nintendo. I do not know how things can get better, I have heard that Nintendo is looking for another partner, but only time can tell...

Let's hope a clarification is soon to be seen, either from the CoroCoro or the anime beginning!

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years

The 3ds pretty much only has 3 region codes. PAL, NTSC-U and NTSC-J. So you could buy the games from pretty much anywhere in Europe or Australia(PAL). Also you can still buy it digital from the e-shop. A lot of Australian people change there location to like the UK because the Europian e-shop had more to offer. Don't know if that still is the case.

Years
The 3ds pretty much only has 3 region codes. PAL, NTSC-U and NTSC-J. So you could buy the games from pretty much anywhere in Europe or Australia(PAL). Also you can still buy it digital from the e-shop. A lot of Australian people change there location to like the UK because the Europian e-shop had more to offer. Don't know if that still is the case.

I was going to bring up the E-shop but it sounded like he was interested in a hard copy. I tend to buy my Pokémon games in physical form too (even though downloading them can be less tedious at times).

Looking at your avatar really makes me want Mega Johto starters (your avatar comes up whenever I googled Mega Typlosion fan art). I hope they look cool. I imagine Mega Typhlosion getting either Ground (like the other mons linked to volcanos like the Numel line and Primal Groudon) or being pure Fire with a new ability that makes normal moves into fire moves and boosts them like Pixelate and the other variations of Normalize. I hope to see Water/Dragon Mega Feraligatr and Grass/Fairy Mega Meganium (Maybe Typhlosion should be Fire/Dark so all three can share a type with the Mortality trio).

Years
what about a kalos region in the classic timeline? that would be different.

What do you mean by "classic timeline"? Generation I-II, or Gen III-V(and XY pre retcon)?

Hopefully we'll get Corocoro this upcoming week (the week end being the best chance as next Sunday falls on the 11th which is one of the earlier times when we get leaks).

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
What do you mean by "classic timeline"? Generation I-II, or Gen III-V(and XY pre retcon)?

He might mean the alternate universe in which Mega-Evolution doesn't exist. Which might actually be interesting, because Zinnia hints at such a universe in the Delta Episode.

Hopefully we'll get Corocoro this upcoming week (the week end being the best chance as next Sunday falls on the 11th which is one of the earlier times when we get leaks).

I think we're definitely getting close to something being revealed this month, because more merchandise involving the new anime XY&Z has just recently popped up on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/faiarrow/status/650238939534483456

These are supposed to be released in January of next year. Jeez, we're so close to something being revealed that I can feel it in my spleen.

Years
He might mean the alternate universe in which Mega-Evolution doesn't exist. Which might actually be interesting, because Zinnia hints at such a universe in the Delta Episode.

I think we're definitely getting close to something being revealed this month, because more merchandise involving the new anime XY&Z has just recently popped up on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/faiarrow/status/650238939534483456

These are supposed to be released in January of next year. Jeez, we're so close to something being revealed that I can feel it in my spleen.
Some (me included) of us read that as a reference to the original RSE.

I'm starting to think that's Ash's Greninja will appear in the new games in some form (no pun intended)...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Found something that may or may not be worth mentioning...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos...Dnosim&usg=ALkJrhjF21WS01NsoBqEOJSZUrU4OsT3_w

On the Bing Translator, it comes up as something called "Pokemon pictorial book Z". Interestingly it looks like the Hoenn Pokedex in ORAS, but yet it has "Z" in the title of the product. I think we're gonna start seeing "Z" plastered all over the place for whatever it is they're planning.

Years
Found something that may or may not be worth mentioning...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos...Dnosim&usg=ALkJrhjF21WS01NsoBqEOJSZUrU4OsT3_w

On the Bing Translator, it comes up as something called "Pokemon pictorial book Z". Interestingly it looks like the Hoenn Pokedex in ORAS, but yet it has "Z" in the title of the product. I think we're gonna start seeing "Z" plastered all over the place for whatever it is they're planning.
Is this one official merchandise? I find it interesting that it looks like a Gameboy Advance original version (which is what the RS Hoenn dex was based on).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Thought this was kind of funny.... but I've noticed that whenever I have used Bing translator on some tweets and Pokemon websites like the official sites, Zygarde's name comes up as "Asgard". Wasn't sure if that's intentional due to the Kalos Trio's references to Norse mythology(all Zygarde forms included, supposed to be Loki's children?), or if it was a mistranslation of sorts. Either way, I thought it was interesting. Calling it now, Zygarde is originally from Asgard. Pokemon Thor Z and Pokemon Loki Z CONFIRMED.

Years
I don't quite understand what you mean by that.... is there something that I don't know?
Sometimes fans sell fan made merch, but as Pei just wrote it likely is as it would break copyright if they tried passing it off as real merchandise.

Thought this was kind of funny.... but I've noticed that whenever I have used Bing translator on some tweets and Pokemon websites like the official sites, Zygarde's name comes up as "Asgard". Wasn't sure if that's intentional due to the Kalos Trio's references to Norse mythology(all Zygarde forms included, supposed to be Loki's children?), or if it was a mistranslation of sorts. Either way, I thought it was interesting. Calling it now, Zygarde is originally from Asgard. Pokemon Thor Z and Pokemon Loki Z CONFIRMED.

That's just because Zygarde isn't a real word outside of the context of Pokemon and the translator is trying to figure out which english word it most looks/sounds like. It is funny though that that's the one that comes up. Replace the 's' with a Z and you get AZgard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back