• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Well, there is, like I've been trying to explain, always the somewhat Farfetch'd possibility that GameFreak might just update X and Y with the content which it would normally reserve for a director's cut….
That is certainly another option, albeit an unlikely one due to hardware limitations. But is there anything else anyone can think of?

I suppose I'm just wondering how old Zinnia is now (I thought that she was supposed to be about the same age as your player character) as well as opposed to how old she would be by the in-universe time of X and Y. Speaking of which, didn't some developer post a tweet saying that these games occur at the same series-internal time as Black 2 and White 2? That would knock the age difference down to seven years, right?
Oh, X/Y happens at the same time as B2/W2? I didn't know that. So yeah, that would bring it down to 7 years.

As for how old she is, there's really know way to know for sure. Personally I'd peg her at about 15, but for all I know she could be 6 years old or 5000 years old. You can never tell when it comes to characters made by Japanese people {XD} I suppose we can hope that Game Freak will give us some idea about that.....

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The question isn't, "When will we be allowed to return to Kalos?" but, "How exactly will our return there play out?" You pointed out that we still don't know whether we'll get just one new game or there'll be two new titles for us to choose from, but that's not the only thing that's still up in the air. What GameFreak might do with a pair of games if that is what it will decide to release is Unown: will it just release two director's cuts, or will each of the two games in the pair be, like Black 2 and White 2 were to Black and White, a sequel to one of the games in the first pair of games released in Generation VI? Another thing that we don't know is how GameFreak might release whatever it cooks up: if we get directors' cuts, then will they be released traditionally (though both in stores and on the eShop, of course) as completely separate games from X and Y or will they be released as updates to those titles, as Farfetch'd as that idea might sound? And what will these new games be called? As a player, I'm hoping that GameFreak will take advantage of the things that I mentioned earlier to which it could allude in these new game's titles, that we get dual director's cuts, and that their content will be patched on to X and Y, but I suppose I shouldn't really be holding my breath for something so different from what we've gotten before (though GameFreak has been throwing us curveballs lately…I wonder if I've anticipated another one?)

That might be interesting.

…except for the fact that they'd have to be historical references.

Wouldn't Zinnia be kind of old by the point in the Pokémon timeline where X and Y sit?
I don't think they'll make XY into the director cuts as GF said they wouldn't do DLC, they didn't even update XY with the OrAs Mega Stones.

Speaking of character who will be old by the time of XY I hope they show Green/Blue as they said he was visiting Kalos in those games but he never shows up (I guess he is the one stuck in the bathroom in the Museum in Lumiose).

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Ok, somewhat crazy idea I got here from the Hoopa Unbound thread. This is part of what someone posted in a spoiler in a post:

Matthew Jay Reynolds said:
Its deeds and exploits: "There's a tale about an organization that tried to manipulate Hoopa's power for their own benefit. After a while, certain objects that belonged to the organization mysteriously began to disappear. Everything from weapons and vehicles to money… It all began to vanish one by one. The organization got scared and decided to hole up inside of their headquarters. Once they did, things stopped disappearing! Just like that! Relieved that it was finally over, the organization finally decided to step outside. It was then that they discovered their headquarters had been transported wholesale to somewhere in the middle of a desert! Terrified of what they had unleashed, the organization promptly disbanded."

What if Game Freak makes a prequel game that has Hoopa as the mascot legendary and this "organization" mentioned is the villain team you have to deal with?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hoopa-Unbound being mascot would be sense of the prequel, definitely. Its design is astonishing enough to be put on a box-art, at least from my perspective; when choosing mascot and whatnot, GameFreak usually tends to side with Pokémon that look fierce and though, which I believe Hoopa-Unbound does a great job at. It's enormous, and is intimidating. Not only this, but I believe they're also looking forward to making this Pokémon powerful. With such a design, I feel it's likely best to live off that in terms of stats and whatnot. Though, I could always be mistaken here, and they wind up making it rather tough to control, such as Regigigas. Am really hoping this doesn't happen, as it'd cause Unbound form to be sort of a... waste, in a way. I don't precisely feel it's worth it.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
What if GameFreak were to release two games, but one would be a director's cut or sequel — I'll call that game 'Pokémon Z' — and the other — this would be 'Pokémon W' — would be the prequel starring Hoopa?

Reactions: Nah
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2015
What if Game Freak makes a prequel game that has Hoopa as the mascot legendary and this "organization" mentioned is the villain team you have to deal with?

This actually sounds reasonable.

Game Freak shocked us all when we got B2/W2 instead of Grey. Maybe now that we know to either expect X2/Y2 or Z, they'll do the prequel.

I'm not sure what they'd call it though... W? haha.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I don't think they'll make XY into the director[s'] cuts[,] as GF said they wouldn't do DLC[;] they didn't even update XY with the [OR/AS] Mega Stones.

I don't know…haven't Nintendo and friends contradicted old public comments with new content enough times that contradiction of that statement might be inevitable?

Speaking of character who will be old by the time of XY I hope they show Green/Blue as they said he was visiting Kalos in those games but he never shows up (I guess he is the one stuck in the bathroom in the Museum in Lumiose).

As far as I can remember, GameFreak didn't make any NPCs say anything about Green/Blue/Gary/whatever actually being in Kalos while your player character is; it just let slip that he had studied abroad in Kalos a while back — though the thought that developer might have stuck somebody with an attitude like his in the bathroom dealing with, say, constipation does tickle my funny bone and face palming reflex…

Years
I don't think that Hoopa will be the mascot. Though it's interesting to note that an organization was after it. I made a thread awhile back that a girl in Anistar mentions how another team (she mentioned Flare earlier so hence the 'another') came looking for a legendary. That group may have been the same one that tried looking for Hoopa. (Also of interest is that OrAs mentions how Maxie and Archie once belonged to the same 'Team' in the past, I wonder if this group has any connection to the former group. If it's the same one for all three then we may get the first game(s) prior to RGBYFrLgRSEOrAs in the general timeline).

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
I don't want to hype myself for the next release, since XY to me was fantastic, im gonna... wrap... my head around "Pokemon X2 Y2" or "Pokemon Z"... Nothing too dramatic there.

(Also, pun intended).

Years
Some things I'll like to see in the next games are Mega Kalos Starters, Mega Evolutions for Xerneas and Yvetal (if they're going to do X2 Y2 they should be the mascots with Zygarde transforming into their Mega Stone sort of in a reversal of the Tao Trio's dynamic). For Mega Delphox I'll like it to have a 40 point boost to special attack, 20 to attack (for those who want to surprise or just Flame Charge), 10 for it's defenses, and 20 to speed with the ability Serene Grace. I'll like Mega Chestnaught to have the ability Solid Rock or a new ability that will at least weaken it's weakness to Flying, or maybe even Speed Boost (it won't be as good as fellow Fighting type starter Mega Blaziken but it'll get it off the floor). Also it should get a 40 boost to attack, 20 to speed, 20 to each defensive stats. Mega Greninja should get Protean or Speed Boost, it should get a boost of 20 each to non-Hp stat. With Other Megas I'll like to see include Zoroark, Porygon-Z, Zebestrika, Flygon, Milotic, Arcanine, Ninetales, Raichu, Persian, Mamoswine, and Kingdra.

Also the addition of more lore behind the legends to the extent of the Gen III-IV mascots.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
lol Xerneas doesn't need a Mega Evolution. But Mega Evolutions for the Kalos starters would be cool. Speed Boost doesn't make sense for Chesnaught tho because it's design is based around the knight/tank RPG archetype. It's supposed to be slower.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, I definitely agree that Chesnaught doesn't need Speed Boost when or if it gains a mega-evolution at some point.

It's meant to be more of a wall as stated by Zekrom, so having its Speed stat raised every turn, which it doesn't precisely focus towards, isn't the right path to take. Instead, I believe it would be great if it were to get itself something along the lines of Thick Fat.

For Mega-Delphox, I'm not so sure… since it specializes in special-based moves, how about a counterpart to Moxie, which increases Special Attack stat every time take down an opposing Pokémon rather than Attack? I strongly believe it would work; it'd certainly lend a hand on raising its usage competitively and whatnot.

Years
I wrote a whole post last night behind my reasoning but the internet was turned off, luckily I saved it (and I'll post it later).

As for Mega Delphox I have a feeling any new abilities will be reserved for the legendary Pokémon. Maybe it'll get something like Telepathy, or Frisk...those will be lame. Considering that none of the Megas have gotten such bad abilities I doubt it'll get those. Well Telepathy isn't bad...but it'll be better on something that runs Earthquake...

Maybe Delphox will get get Levitate as it's M.A. thus eliminating it's Ground weakness (leaving it with the Greninja types as it's weaknesses).

If they do make new abilities for the Kalos starters I'll like to see-
Delphox get one that that works like Frisk but also renders the item unusable (imagine the many teams it'll destroy) including Mega Stones (meaning only Mega Rayquaza won't be affected) maybe calling it Oracle's Curse.

Greninja...well Protean is good enough...maybe a fancy named version of it? Like Ninja's Cloak?

Chestnaught should get something like a stronger version of Rough skin mixed with recoil moves that causes mons' who make contact receive half of the damage Chestnaught got. Maybe calling it Knight Armor.

Also I'll like to see Mega Mew. Perhaps two if we're getting X2 Y2 over Z. The X2 one should be pure Psychic (with a large boost in special defense) and the Y2 one should be Psychic/Fairy (with a boost in attack similar to Mega Mewtwo X. Though it's best Fairy move will be Play Rough). With the ability Vital Spirit for the first (yes the copy of Insomia), and Inner Focus for the last. Mew X should look taller with a longer tail. It's forehead will have a jewel that glimmers like a diamond in the colors fire Gold, Red/Ruby, and Black. While I'll like Mew Y to have wing like appendages coming out of it's back. It'll also have a jewel on it's forehead except shining like a pearl in the colors Green, Silver/White, and Sapphire blue.

Years
I was just battling Lysandre, and got to thinking that perhaps he wouldn't have the same mega in the new game(s). A strong possibility in my mind is that we could get a Mega Pyroar, especially since Pyroar matches Lysandre way better than Gyarados ever did.

I hope for the same thing too. Since it appears to be his ace more than Gyarados does. It could have a new ability that works like a special attack version of intimidate.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
first off, honestly, can someone PLEASE explain to me why anyone EVER expected a pokemon grey? Gamefreak just picks colours/metals/jewels at random to name games, so why on earth would black and white result in grey when blue/green and red resulted in yellow, Gold and Silver resulted in Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire resulted in Emerald, Diamond and Pearl resulted in Platinum, so the question is not why Gamefreak didn't do what was expected and not make grey but rather why isn't' anyone asking why people were EVER expecting grey? Have they seen the colour grey? It's drab and not very exciting, why would you name a game after it? Why not name it "17th monster related cartridge industry"? When has Gamefreak EVER released a third game in a series that was a merging of the previous two? Okay, rant done

I have to question, because between X, Y, OR, AS all the pokemon are currently obtainable, and all with their hidden abilities (except for some starters and legendaries which get given out via events anyway) what would entice people to actually buy another game in the series? Sure there's story elements and this that and the other thing, but people really don't put in 999:59 hours into a pokemon game for the story, it's the mechanics, the gameplay, the competition and the pokemon themselves. So I would say that the thing that will get people wanting to play the game is move tutors with new moves for sure, There's really no pokemon left to get in game anymore since everything is currently obtainable between Kalos and Hoenn now, including all the non event legendaries, and even one of the formerly event legendaries (deoxys) is now capturable, so one thing that I think they might do (mostly just because I really, really hope they do!) is make more event legendaries obtainable within Pokemon Z. They've done it once, why wouldn't they do it again? After all, there's literally only 10 pokemon that are not obtainable right now (11 if you count Celebi) so no matter how great the story is, no matter what additions they make to the gameplay, difficulty, extra battles and whatnot, would anyone REALLY buy the game again if there's literally nothing new they can get in it?

Ofcourse, having said all that, I would GLADLY bu a rehash of X and Y in Pokemon Z if they made the game for Wii U. Full cel shaded 3D on a home console quality game on your TV? Absolutely! (and yes, I know Gamefreak said they would never do a home console version of the game, ignoring that the existence of balck and white 2 TOTALLY shows that they never do anything different with their game series! ;-) not to mention they actually WERE making a Pokemon RPG for the N64, isn't that correct? (although it became pokemon Stadium or something I think) but that's definitely just wishful thinking on my part. I just really want to see pokemon on the big screen, especially now in their cel shaded 3d goodness!

Also, for people that keep citing "Gamefreak said they will be doing something different" is everyone honestly just totally forgetting the Pokken game that's coming out? I mean, you can't get much different than a Tekken style fighting game for the Pokemon RPG series. That's obviously what Gamefreak has been referring to this past little while.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
first off, honestly, can someone PLEASE explain to me why anyone EVER expected a pokemon grey? Gamefreak just picks colours/metals/jewels at random to name games, so why on earth would black and white result in grey when blue/green and red resulted in yellow, Gold and Silver resulted in Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire resulted in Emerald, Diamond and Pearl resulted in Platinum, so the question is not why Gamefreak didn't do what was expected and not make grey but rather why isn't' anyone asking why people were EVER expecting grey? Have they seen the colour grey? It's drab and not very exciting, why would you name a game after it? Why not name it "17th monster related cartridge industry"? When has Gamefreak EVER released a third game in a series that was a merging of the previous two? Okay, rant done
I'ma go with:
>Zekrom is black
>Reshiram is white
>Kyurem is gray
>therefore Pokemon Gray

I have to question, because between X, Y, OR, AS all the pokemon are currently obtainable, and all with their hidden abilities (except for some starters and legendaries which get given out via events anyway) what would entice people to actually buy another game in the series? Sure there's story elements and this that and the other thing, but people really don't put in 999:59 hours into a pokemon game for the story, it's the mechanics, the gameplay, the competition and the pokemon themselves. So I would say that the thing that will get people wanting to play the game is move tutors with new moves for sure, There's really no pokemon left to get in game anymore since everything is currently obtainable between Kalos and Hoenn now, including all the non event legendaries, and even one of the formerly event legendaries (deoxys) is now capturable, so one thing that I think they might do (mostly just because I really, really hope they do!) is make more event legendaries obtainable within Pokemon Z. They've done it once, why wouldn't they do it again? After all, there's literally only 10 pokemon that are not obtainable right now (11 if you count Celebi) so no matter how great the story is, no matter what additions they make to the gameplay, difficulty, extra battles and whatnot, would anyone REALLY buy the game again if there's literally nothing new they can get in it?
Not everyone is into catching them all. I know I'm not. Hoping for new gameplay additions, better story, and extra content is mainly what gets me to buy the new games.

That and for all I know I could have an addiction.

Ofcourse, having said all that, I would GLADLY bu a rehash of X and Y in Pokemon Z if they made the game for Wii U. Full cel shaded 3D on a home console quality game on your TV? Absolutely! (and yes, I know Gamefreak said they would never do a home console version of the game, ignoring that the existence of balck and white 2 TOTALLY shows that they never do anything different with their game series! ;-) not to mention they actually WERE making a Pokemon RPG for the N64, isn't that correct? (although it became pokemon Stadium or something I think) but that's definitely just wishful thinking on my part. I just really want to see pokemon on the big screen, especially now in their cel shaded 3d goodness!
I gotta agree, a new console Pokemon game would be great. They haven't done one since like Battle Revolution back in Gen 4, right?

Also, for people that keep citing "Gamefreak said they will be doing something different" is everyone honestly just totally forgetting the Pokken game that's coming out? I mean, you can't get much different than a Tekken style fighting game for the Pokemon RPG series. That's obviously what Gamefreak has been referring to this past little while.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that's really all it was and the next game doesn't really do something crazy different. There's also some other game that they're going to announce soon, so it could be that thing too that they're referring too, and it's not necessarily going to be a main series Pokemon game. Because if there's anything that this gen has shown me, it's that Game Freak has had little interest as of late in doing any major deviations from Pokemon's formula.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I'ma go with:
>Zekrom is black
>Reshiram is white
>Kyurem is gray
>therefore Pokemon Gray

FINALLY! That's the first time someone has actually given an in game reason, not just a colour-of-the-game-related reason! Thank you! :D So having never played the gen 5 games before so I'm just making guesses, but since Kyurem merges with Reshiram or Zekrom, wouldn't it HAVE to have been two separate games rather than one game holding both Zekrom and Reshiram? I mean, they even made two identical black and white movies (just swapping zekrom where reshiram appears and vice versa) so wouldn't they have HAD to do two new games rather than a third?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
FINALLY! That's the first time someone has actually given an in game reason, not just a colour-of-the-game-related reason! Thank you! :D So having never played the gen 5 games before so I'm just making guesses, but since Kyurem merges with Reshiram or Zekrom, wouldn't it HAVE to have been two separate games rather than one game holding both Zekrom and Reshiram? I mean, they even made two identical black and white movies (just swapping zekrom where reshiram appears and vice versa) so wouldn't they have HAD to do two new games rather than a third?
I suppose that it could've been possible to do a single game where all 3 of the dragons fuse back into one (I'm still waitin' on that Game Freak), but in hindsight, yeah, two separate versions was the only way to do it. No one was aware of Kyurem's 2 fusion forms before BW2 came out though. And since there always was a 3rd version that came out after the initial pair in the previous 4 generations (especially when you look at Platinum and Emerald where the 3rd member of the trio suddenly had story significance), the most likely thing that everyone thought was gonna happen was a Gray Version.

And I think that maybe this is getting a liiiiiiiiiiiittle too off-topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back