• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • If they were to do that like GSC in the sense that it incorporates two full-fledged regions, that would make it the first since then to do such a thing. Although given the system's limitations, it's not likely that they'd be able to, but if they did it once with HGSS they might be able to do it again with a more powerful system. Maybe even with new cities in Kalos like B2W2 had after BW?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • If they were to do that like GSC in the sense that it incorporates two full-fledged regions, that would make it the first since then to do such a thing. Although given the system's limitations, it's not likely that they'd be able to, but if they did it once with HGSS they might be able to do it again with a more powerful system. Maybe even with new cities in Kalos like B2W2 had after BW?

It's probably within GameFreak's reach with the 3DS since the company's always been pretty good at finding ways to hide loading times, but the New! Nintendo 3DS's extra processing power probably wouldn't hurt things any.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Speaking of quick question thread, I have one regarding a future game. How will the Xerneas/Yveltal events be planned in a third game? In X/Y, Xerneas/Yveltal was located in Team Flare's HQ within the heart of the "Ultimate Weapon". The game is specifically coded to prevent the player's PC Boxes from being completely full before the capture of said Pokémon, but upon said capture, Team Flare HQ will be destroyed and further access is prohibited and all members of Team Flare will have died!
    Spoiler:

With no more traces of Team Flare anywhere in the post-game, where will Xerneas/Yveltal respawn? Or will they somehow make them a mandatory capture again, which would be problematic in the hunt for Zygarde, with the Master Ball already being thrown at Xerneas/Yveltal (during a speedrun, that is...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Speaking of quick question thread, I have one regarding a future game. How will the Xerneas/Yveltal events be planned in a third game? In X/Y, Xerneas/Yveltal was located in Team Flare's HQ within the heart of the "Ultimate Weapon". The game is specifically coded to prevent the player's PC Boxes from being completely full before the capture of said Pokémon, but upon said capture, Team Flare HQ will be destroyed and further access is prohibited and all members of Team Flare will have died!
    Spoiler:

With no more traces of Team Flare anywhere in the post-game, where will Xerneas/Yveltal respawn? Or will they somehow make them a mandatory capture again, which would be problematic in the hunt for Zygarde, with the Master Ball already being thrown at Xerneas/Yveltal (during a speedrun, that is...)

I don't really understand what you're asking, just because a third game in the series comes out doesn't mean it's in chronological order. When Ruby and Sapphire came out, they had the quest of one fo the teams in whichever game your were playing, whereas in emerald they combined the teams so both played a prominent role in your game and the story was slightly changed but in a way as if Ruby and Sapphire never happened. There's no reason why they couldn't do a similar thing in this third game, namely pretend like X and Y never happened and merge the two (slightly) differing stories into one story. (so the fact that Team Flare is not in the post game doesn't mean that Pokemon Z doesn't start the story all over again like they did with Emerald with differences to make the story make sense, so perhaps instead of using Xerneas or Yveltal for the machine, they use Zygarde and Xerneas and Yveltal are off in random caves like Zygarde was in X and Y)

Also, it's not gamefreak's concern if you use a Master Ball for speed run purposes or on a random Scatterbug, that's your problem, if it's a mandatory capture it's a mandatory capture.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

We can only speculate what the third game will be at the moment. Like Howmander stated, it might be the same like Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Or it could be like Black and White where instead of Gray/Grey, we instead got Black2 and White2. Or GF could make the third game as a prequel from X and Y. Really though, no one knows until GF starts giving hints or makes an official announcement. :3

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    @ 3 posts above me: I moved your posts into the speculation thread, since that's more along the lines of speculation of a future game. The Q&A thread is more for about the existing games themselves than ones that haven't come out yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If they were to do that like GSC in the sense that it incorporates two full-fledged regions, that would make it the first since then to do such a thing. Although given the system's limitations, it's not likely that they'd be able to, but if they did it once with HGSS they might be able to do it again with a more powerful system. Maybe even with new cities in Kalos like B2W2 had after BW?

what do you mean the system's limitations? Wasn't the Gameboy Colour capable of two regions? Not having multiple regions really isn't a limitation of the system but rather the storage capacity of the game (current pokemon games are almost 2GB as it is right now)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • what do you mean the system's limitations? Wasn't the Gameboy Colour capable of two regions? Not having multiple regions really isn't a limitation of the system but rather the storage capacity of the game (current pokemon games are almost 2GB as it is right now)

Adding to this the 3DS cartridges range from 1GB up to 8 GB so it's possible to have two regions in one game given the size of the Kalos games and the most recent version of Hoenn. If they pulled two regions in one game we'll end up with a game with 3.5-4 GB. Add in the BF and new areas and it may get close to 5 GB. However, if the next Kalos games come out in 2016 then I think they should instead include Kanto (if they are adding two regions) in them as a tribute to RGBY. The Kanto starters could be saved until we get to Kanto.

Years
  • This idea popped into my head yesterday just randomly, but....

I believe there will be a sequel to the Kalos region, and I'm predicting the starters to get mega evolutions in those games.
    I think that would be awesomeeee. xD

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    This idea popped into my head yesterday just randomly, but....

I believe there will be a sequel to the Kalos region, and I'm predicting the starters to get mega evolutions in those games.
    I think that would be awesomeeee. xD

Id love to see Mega Greninja, I'd really like to see another Kalos game now actually. Take the advancements they made with OR/AS and pair them with X/Y's features like character customisation, rollerskates, holo messages etc. Would be really good i think.

Years
  • I think the Dex Nav will be a ORAS exclusive. The only things from ORAS that I see Kalos games using are emotive characters, and the backgrounds (but modified for Kalos' locations) but those are both graphical (actually Emerald which is the last game to come out after remakes in the same generation (as HGSS were the last games of Gen V) didn't incorporate much stuff from FRLG other than a few locations that were the same and better sprites). Oh but I do see Move tutors coming back for the next Kalos games, maybe they will be more tutored moves than ORAS had.

I think GF will also opt for prequels instead of sequels.

Years
  • Don't forget super bases.

If they can keep those customization features (clothes/appearance) and bases, that would be magical.
    Next, it would be awesome if you can switch pokemon's pokeballs. I love them luxury ones. @_@

Bases only popped up in the Hoenn and Sinnoh games with the remakes of Kanto and Johto lacking them, so I think chances are we won't be seeing secret bases in Kalos, as it's pretty much a Hoenn and Sinnoh exclusive feature (with differences between the two types).

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Okay, here's what I think the new main games of Generation VI will be like.

Exactly true to what Junichi Masuda said way back in the interview with GameSpot, in which he states "we're tying it together in some unique ways". Which means, it'll be a mix between X/Y and OR/AS.

What do I speculate from that? Well that's a very interesting scenario. One thing that came to my mind was a completely new region with the same Pokémon. And from earlier X/Y leaks, there was a planned professor of the Kalos region, before Sycamore took the main role of a professor. They originally were going to have two professors, Sycamore and Patrice were going to be the regions professors. Now what if... Patrice was the professor of that new region?

But of course, not every new region made would be about "new Pokémon", some things may just remain the same as they were, especially if it's a game within Generation VI. But there's always room for a new region and new villains within Generation VI.

What if these new games that are coming out this year... are prequels to X/Y? And taking place two years before the events in X/Y as well as several years after the events in OR/AS? This would really fit the words that Junichi Masuda said about "tying it together in some unique ways".

What if the games were called something like "X Alpha and Y Omega", "Alpha X and Omega Y", "X Omega and Y Alpha", "Omega X and Alpha Y", "X Delta and Y Delta", "Delta X and Delta Y"...

or how about... "X Zeta and Y Zeta" or "Zeta X and Zeta Y"?

These are the sort of names I would be speculating on the games that will be released this year. Project Pokémon has already uncovered two placeholders in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in which point in the direction of two new games that would provide compatibility between the two games.

And of course, another thing is the two Zygarde moves that were unused in X/Y, which are... Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows. These are evidence that Zygarde would be getting two new formes, and no... it would not be mega evolutions, because they don't give any Pokémon any new moves. So I'm speculating something more like Primal Reversion. So what if the new formes were called "Primal Zygarde X and Primal Zygarde Y"? And what if Land's Wrath was to be replaced with the new moves whenever Zygarde changes forme?

And of course... there's a whole new story revolving around Zygarde and the new villainous team, as something more spectacular than ever before. New Mega Evolutions would definitely come in, and they could quite possibly be making more new Mega Evolutions than X/Y and OR/AS had developed.

Also, another thing is that the new region would be just south from the Kalos region and can be traveled to by the train in Couriway Town. But of course, the adventure would start in the new region, then after progressing through the game, the player will be able to travel to the Kalos region by the train that goes directly to Couriway Town. And of course, traveling on the train will be just like traveling on the S.S. Aqua, S.S. Tidal or even the subway train in Unova, in where the player can move around in the train and battle trainers as well as do a certain task in which will reach their destination.

Of course, the first starters in the game that you'd receive are the Kalos region starters, which the player will only get to choose one. Then later on... there will be another choice with the Johto starters, then finally... the Sinnoh starters. And what if all of the starters had Mega Evolutions?

Now... what if the starters that we received with the Mystery Gift code in OR/AS were actually starters that were meant to be transferred over to the new games, and they'd then receive the Mega Stones for Serperior, Emboar and Samurott? Wouldn't that be interesting? I would've expected them to do that later in the year, though.

What if there are were all new gym leaders or partially some new gym leaders? And what if the champion was a brand new character? And what if... the Elite Four was partially new characters or all of them were new characters?

What if the new games were playable on both New Nintendo 3DS and the original Nintendo 3DS? What if when played on New Nintendo 3DS... it can have stereoscopic 3D being used everywhere and running at 60 frames per second, while playing on the original 3DS would result in limited stereoscopic 3D and slower framerate?

These would be the stuff I would be speculating about, new Pokémon in the games is completely out of the question, because that would mean it wouldn't be Generation VI anymore, would it? But I can feel... that these new games will be very exciting and very spectacular to wrap up Generation VI. ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Don't forget super bases.

If they can keep those customization features (clothes/appearance) and bases, that would be magical.
    Next, it would be awesome if you can switch pokemon's pokeballs. I love them luxury ones. @_@

Yeah, them keeping trainer customization feature would be great, I feel.

I've been waiting for them to put together such a thing and introduce it into Pokémon series for a long, long time, and seeing the feature suddenly gone like this in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire was a gargantuan disappointing, at least from my point of view.

I suppose it's understandable as to why they had to take it out in those titles (considering May and Brendan are already-established characters; having players personalize them would have demolished that), but hopefully, we won't be facing anything like this in third version of X and Y.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I never thought about prequels, but how would that work? But yeah, I think Primal Zygarde X and Y would be awesome. The move it replaces could be Primal Balance or something.

I am a bit surprised we have not gotten any news on these games yet, then again, ORAS just came out in November.

Last edited:

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Okay, here's what I think the new main games of Generation VI will be like.

Exactly true to what Junichi Masuda said way back in the interview with GameSpot, in which he states "we're tying it together in some unique ways". Which means, it'll be a mix between X/Y and OR/AS.

What do I speculate from that? Well that's a very interesting scenario. One thing that came to my mind was a completely new region with the same Pokémon. And from earlier X/Y leaks, there was a planned professor of the Kalos region, before Sycamore took the main role of a professor. They originally were going to have two professors, Sycamore and Patrice were going to be the regions professors. Now what if... Patrice was the professor of that new region?

But of course, not every new region made would be about "new Pokémon", some things may just remain the same as they were, especially if it's a game within Generation VI. But there's always room for a new region and new villains within Generation VI.

What if these new games that are coming out this year... are prequels to X/Y? And taking place two years before the events in X/Y as well as several years after the events in OR/AS? This would really fit the words that Junichi Masuda said about "tying it together in some unique ways".

What if the games were called something like "X Alpha and Y Omega", "Alpha X and Omega Y", "X Omega and Y Alpha", "Omega X and Alpha Y", "X Delta and Y Delta", "Delta X and Delta Y"...

or how about... "X Zeta and Y Zeta" or "Zeta X and Zeta Y"?

These are the sort of names I would be speculating on the games that will be released this year. Project Pokémon has already uncovered two placeholders in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in which point in the direction of two new games that would provide compatibility between the two games.

And of course, another thing is the two Zygarde moves that were unused in X/Y, which are... Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows. These are evidence that Zygarde would be getting two new formes, and no... it would not be mega evolutions, because they don't give any Pokémon any new moves. So I'm speculating something more like Primal Reversion. So what if the new formes were called "Primal Zygarde X and Primal Zygarde Y"? And what if Land's Wrath was to be replaced with the new moves whenever Zygarde changes forme?

And of course... there's a whole new story revolving around Zygarde and the new villainous team, as something more spectacular than ever before. New Mega Evolutions would definitely come in, and they could quite possibly be making more new Mega Evolutions than X/Y and OR/AS had developed.

Also, another thing is that the new region would be just south from the Kalos region and can be traveled to by the train in Couriway Town. But of course, the adventure would start in the new region, then after progressing through the game, the player will be able to travel to the Kalos region by the train that goes directly to Couriway Town. And of course, traveling on the train will be just like traveling on the S.S. Aqua, S.S. Tidal or even the subway train in Unova, in where the player can move around in the train and battle trainers as well as do a certain task in which will reach their destination.

Of course, the first starters in the game that you'd receive are the Kalos region starters, which the player will only get to choose one. Then later on... there will be another choice with the Johto starters, then finally... the Sinnoh starters. And what if all of the starters had Mega Evolutions?

Now... what if the starters that we received with the Mystery Gift code in OR/AS were actually starters that were meant to be transferred over to the new games, and they'd then receive the Mega Stones for Serperior, Emboar and Samurott? Wouldn't that be interesting? I would've expected them to do that later in the year, though.

What if there are were all new gym leaders or partially some new gym leaders? And what if the champion was a brand new character? And what if... the Elite Four was partially new characters or all of them were new characters?

What if the new games were playable on both New Nintendo 3DS and the original Nintendo 3DS? What if when played on New Nintendo 3DS... it can have stereoscopic 3D being used everywhere and running at 60 frames per second, while playing on the original 3DS would result in limited stereoscopic 3D and slower framerate?

These would be the stuff I would be speculating about, new Pokémon in the games is completely out of the question, because that would mean it wouldn't be Generation VI anymore, would it? But I can feel... that these new games will be very exciting and very spectacular to wrap up Generation VI. ^^

I really do hope nintendo goes with the dual secondary games again like bw2. Because then we can be sure to get an other story and more stuff then just adjusted story events and such. The biggest reasons i never got the 3rd game is because the story is almost the same and thats what i liked about bw2. Complete new story and a lot more things you could do. Really liked pokemon world tournament and new heroes.

Years
  • I never thought about prequels, but how would that work?
    That's just itit probably wouldn't work, as cool as the idea is. Assuming the idea is to set the game 3000 years ago during the war, that means that modern technology like the PC and Pokédex don't exist yet, and I can't see them making a main series game without those things.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I never thought about prequels, …

That's just itit probably wouldn't work, as cool as the idea is. Assuming the idea is to set the game 3000 years ago during the war, that means that modern technology like the PC and Pokédex don't exist yet, and I can't see them making a main series game without those things.

Yeah; if the next Kalos games were prequels, they'd probably be set either two years ago or at the same time as the ΩR/αS/X/Y timeline's version of the events that happened in Kanto and Hoenn. I wouldn't mind seeing The Pokémon Company, International, commission another entry in the Pokémon Conquest side series that fleshed the Kalos war out, though!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Well if they wanted to really throw peope off, they could make it a sequel to conquest an prequel ti oras/xy. The warlords leave their spare pokemon at the palace, The game is set in kalos war era and has new megas, which aren't rediscovered in kalos or hoenn. They classify pokemon with a scholar that details them. Then we get another game set after xy/oras that follows more traditional styles. It gives us more backstory to set the stage for gen 7.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back