• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Where did you hear that? I've heard of no such thing anywhere. ._.

Anyway I... don't have a lot of faith that we're going to have a Pokemon Z announcement.

True, they might announce it next year around January and February instead. All eyes are on the re-releases, so... -whistles-

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Interesting is that Serebii on their forums has repeatedly pointed out that the December movie news in past issues has never gotten teased as "big news", which is what we're getting teased right now. There's been a few times where his educated guesses were wrong, but I do know that he certainly has more knowledge than I do about how this stuff works. It's entirely possible that we may get more than movie news this go-around... it don't have to be a big reveal either, they could announce the movie and then hint at a new game revelation for the next month(January).

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    Long time no see guys, how have you been doing?

I have caught up to this after the Direct news and it seems likely to me that the next game we are having is Generation 7. It just makes more sense, now that R/B/Y have been announced for the 3DS at full usability, trading etc (will wondertrade be a thing in this game? rather unlikely but I hope so). So I do not think we are having a main game series for the 3DS right now, as the lights will be on this anniversary release.

That led me to thinking that the next game will be for the New Nintendo 3DS, meaning it would no longer be compatible with the simple 3DS. But when did we have games of the same generation at different consoles? Correct me if I am wrong but I am almost sure that we did not. Therefore: GEN 7 Confirmed 2016

That being said, we are left with a huge announcement for December, or "very big news" as they want to name it. What I would really want to think it would be, is an update for OR/AS which will implement new Mega Evolutions (not a whole bunch but half a dozen would do, so that some Pokemon would have some more usability) and the Battle Frontier. People have been hyping too much about it, and the directors (I have no idea what their names may be) said it will be something we can not see coming. And despite having rejected that idea in the past, I do believe it is not as unlikely as it looks.

On the other hand, we might be getting another huge spinoff, like Pokken, only that it will be for the 3DS and will count as a main series game. I am expecting everything. What if the next game is not an actual Pokemon game as we know it but changes a bit? It would ruin the game to some extent (at least before my eyes) but hey, a game let's buy it.

Coming to a conclusion, we might have an announcement for a game this December. I do not mind it being a main game or a spinoff, as long as it is a good game. And we still haven't seen that Pokemon after Hoopa which is rumoured to start with the letter V and end with olcanion, so can this be the huge news? We'll see.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Long time no see guys, how have you been doing?

I have caught up to this after the Direct news and it seems likely to me that the next game we are having is Generation 7. It just makes more sense, now that R/B/Y have been announced for the 3DS at full usability, trading etc (will wondertrade be a thing in this game? rather unlikely but I hope so). So I do not think we are having a main game series for the 3DS right now, as the lights will be on this anniversary release.

If it weren't for Zygarde Formes and the eventual official revelation of Volcanion, I would probably be thinking the same thing. Unless they plan on carrying over Kalos into Gen 7, I highly doubt that the upcoming game(s) is the start of Gen 7.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If it weren't for Zygarde Formes and the eventual official revelation of Volcanion, I would probably be thinking the same thing. Unless they plan on carrying over Kalos into Gen 7, I highly doubt that the upcoming game(s) is the start of Gen 7.
    Interestingly Joe seemed skeptical about all the other possible announcement events we got hyped for, but seems to have more confidence in this upcoming Corocoro. I think it might be due to the fact that it's either movie initial title reveal and tid bits of plot, or a new game(s) as only those things use Pokemon's full name in Japanese making it 50/50 almost.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Interestingly Joe seemed skeptical about all the other possible announcement events we got hyped for, but seems to have more confidence in this upcoming Corocoro. I think it might be due to the fact that it's either movie initial title reveal and tid bits of plot, or a new game(s) as only those things use Pokemon's full name in Japanese making it 50/50 almost.

I feel it'll likely wind up to be former, and not latter. When announcing new games, they seem to do it when not much people are expecting.

Years
    I feel it'll likely wind up to be former, and not latter. When announcing new games, they seem to do it when not much people are expecting.

So, they'll destroy our expectations even more by making us hyped and eventually they'll be the boy who cried wolf xD.

I wonder if it might be new formes...last time Corocoro was hyped to have big news it was the Zygarde formes (and Ash-Greninja).

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years

That led me to thinking that the next game will be for the New Nintendo 3DS, meaning it would no longer be compatible with the simple 3DS. But when did we have games of the same generation at different consoles? Correct me if I am wrong but I am almost sure that we did not. Therefore: GEN 7 Confirmed 2016

Well, I've apparently had the misconception that Generation II was like this for a while, but a quick check of Bulbapedia just proved me wrong. To elaborate, I thought that Gold and Silver; as well as Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow; were for the original Game Boy and Game Boy Pocket and used the Game Boy Color's backwards-compatibility mode's color-space–swapping/–remapping feature to play in color on that device while Crystal was truly a Game Boy Color game. Apparently, I was mixing up the Generations in my head! My apologies to the fandom…

Last edited:

Years
    Well, I've apparently had the misconception that Generation II was like this for a while, but a quick check of Bulbapedia just proved me wrong. To elaborate, I thought that Gold and Silver; as well as Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow; were for the original Game Boy and Game Boy Pocket and used the Game Boy Color's backwards-compatibility mode's color-space–swapping/–remapping feature to play in color on that device while Crystal was truly a Game Boy Color game. Apparently, I was mixing up the Generations in my head! My apologies to the fandom…

You're not entirely wrong. GS could be played on both the GB and GBC, but Crystal on the otherhand was GBC exclusive. International Yellow meanwhile was GBC enhanced.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    On Serebii's front page, it says that a "new Pokemon announcement" concerning Pokken Tournement is to be made on December 10th. That's roughly around the time that CoroCoro should be leaking. Coincidence or not? Hmm...

Years
    On Serebii's front page, it says that a "new Pokemon announcement" concerning Pokken Tournement is to be made on December 10th. That's roughly around the time that CoroCoro should be leaking. Coincidence or not? Hmm...

Likely coincidence. There were events that went on last month around corocoro too, but last month's corocoro had nothing on them, not even VC RGBY. Wait, won't it be funny if the "big news" is VC RGBY?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back