• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
  • Wait, won't it be funny if the "big news" is VC RGBY?

I would honestly be so mad lol. I wonder if we'll get an official reveal of Eternal Flower Floette in CoroCoro? That or Volcanion, or maybe both? Plus a movie reveal and possible game announcement? All four of those at once would be something, but unlikely... maybe?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • i wonder how bad you guys would flip out if the 5th 6 gen main series game was a 3ed part to the Colosseum games...

I would actually be more than thrilled for that, but unfortunately Genius Sonority(who made Colosseum and XD) have no longer shown any interests for those games... which sucks, because they're among my favorites.

Ok... so I looked back at the tweet that Masuda had made concerning the Zygarde Forme issue of CoroCoro, where he told fans to watch out for it. The post was made on the 11th of September, which was about a couple days before it leaked. So if he does it again sometime towards the end of next week, watch out.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • I despise the Pokemon games on the Gamecube. If that were true, I WOULD flip out, but not from excitement. I would be flipping out in dissapointment.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I despise the Pokemon games on the Gamecube. If that were true, I WOULD flip out, but not from excitement. I would be flipping out in dissapointment.
    Why? Sure they were a bit strange for Pokemon games (you couldn't really catch wild Pokemon, you had to steal Pokemon from other people, the Pokemon you did get were brainwashed) but I thought they were pretty good. Had really nice music, too.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years

• That led me to thinking that the next game will be for the New Nintendo 3DS, meaning it would no longer be compatible with the simple 3DS. But when did we have games of the same generation at different consoles? Correct me if I am wrong but I am almost sure that we did not. Therefore: GEN 7 Confirmed 2016

Well, I've apparently had the misconception that Generation II was like this for a while, but a quick check of Bulbapedia just proved me wrong. To elaborate, I thought that Gold and Silver; as well as Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow; were for the original Game Boy and Game Boy Pocket and used the Game Boy Color's backwards-compatibility mode's color-space–swapping/–remapping feature to play in color on that device while Crystal was truly a Game Boy Color game. Apparently, I was mixing up the Generations in my head! My apologies to the fandom…

You're not entirely wrong. GS could be played on both the GB and GBC, but Crystal on the otherhand was GBC exclusive. International Yellow meanwhile was GBC enhanced.

Huh, that's weird; I didn't see any references to that on the Bulbapedia pages for the Gen. II games. Did I just overlook it, or is it simply not mentioned at all? Well, whatever the case may be, that's orthogonal to this discussion; maybe I'll mention it on-wiki soonish. Anyway, back to business…

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • Why? Sure they were a bit strange for Pokemon games (you couldn't really catch wild Pokemon, you had to steal Pokemon from other people, the Pokemon you did get were brainwashed) but I thought they were pretty good. Had really nice music, too.
    Mainly because the whole game is Double Battles. I don't really find the interest in that. And, the concept of Shadow Pokemon is just ridiculous to me. Yeah, the music was good, I can agree with that. I just can't seem to get enveloped into the characters as much as other people can, I guess. We shouldn't talk about this too much here, though. We're starting to get off topic. xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I would honestly be so mad lol. I wonder if we'll get an official reveal of Eternal Flower Floette in CoroCoro? That or Volcanion, or maybe both? Plus a movie reveal and possible game announcement? All four of those at once would be something, but unlikely... maybe?
    Why would it need one? EF Floette was featured in XY's story...I mean it's not being kept secret. Only Light of Ruin, the "Thousand" moves, and Volcanion (and it's signature move) are at this point.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I don't really find the interest in that. And, the concept of Shadow Pokemon is just ridiculous to me.
    you know, its basically the same thing as mega evolution only in reverse & without stones being involved and wasn't just limited to fully evolved pokemon

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I doubt that 'Z' will have anything to do with the Orre games. RG remakes mixed with a Kalos third version are more likely than that...
    thats the whole problem with this thread, nothing is at all likely to happen.
    both nintendo & game freak both just do things on their own whims and change their minds on stuff constantly to flow with what they think will sell with mixed results.
    additionally, its speculation threads like this that bring up quite a bit of what shows up in pokemon games. of course when something spirals out of control that they know they'll make a profit on....
    it will go from joke self-fulling prophecy
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

hell, the delta episode was crafted by that lie turned rumor of being able to get dexoys via space ship in emerald...
    first you catch the legendary dragon, in this case it would be Latias. level it up to 65, i think it was and go to the space centre, can't remember but i think it was in mossdeep city. talk to the dude by the launch area and he'll tell you how many launches there have been. at this point it should be 65, the same level as the legendary dragon. if it is already higher, get the dragon higher in level to match the launches. when both the dragon's level and the launches are the same, he'll tell you if you want to be on the next one you can be, but you have to hurry. continue through and take the rocket into space, when you land on the moon, walk north a bit and face off against deoxys.
    but of course nintendo profits from wild speculation as it builds up hype
    hype increases sells
    and so dose shadow mewtwo

a lot of people want the Colosseum series to continue.
    lets face it, Genius Sonority is far better with RPGs
    their bests works are with the Colosseum series & the The Denpa Men series.
    the Colosseum series is not really a spin off either, its a side game.
    it & the ranger series are canon to the main series
    Black2 & White2 where made because people where expecting a Grey
    same thing here, everyones expecting a "Z" or an "X2/Y2" set based on previous gens or a gen1 remake or hybrid biased on how inconsistent remakes are.
    constant consistency leads to a sales drop
    nintendo loves to make what no one is even thinking of
    various ingenius game mechanics came from this
    all things lead to never knowing wtf nintendo will do next
    but it won't take long for sony & microsoft to steal it & improve upon on it
    hence the silence about the NX system
    for all we know, the next main series game will be on that

Years
  • thats the whole problem with this thread, nothing is at all likely to happen.
    both nintendo & game freak both just do things on their own whims and change their minds on stuff constantly to flow with what they think will sell with mixed results.
    additionally, its speculation threads like this that bring up quite a bit of what shows up in pokemon games. of course when something spirals out of control that they know they'll make a profit on....
    it will go from joke self-fulling prophecy

hell, the delta episode was crafted by that lie turned rumor of being able to get dexoys via space ship in emerald...

but of course nintendo profits from wild speculation as it builds up hype
    hype increases sells
    and so dose shadow mewtwo

a lot of people want the Colosseum series to continue.
    lets face it, Genius Sonority is far better with RPGs
    their bests works are with the Colosseum series & the The Denpa Men series.
    the Colosseum series is not really a spin off either, its a side game.
    it & the ranger series are canon to the main series
    Black2 & White2 where made because people where expecting a Grey
    same thing here, everyones expecting a "Z" or an "X2/Y2" set based on previous gens or a gen1 remake or hybrid biased on how inconsistent remakes are.
    constant consistency leads to a sales drop
    nintendo loves to make what no one is even thinking of
    various ingenius game mechanics came from this
    all things lead to never knowing wtf nintendo will do next
    but it won't take long for sony & microsoft to steal it & improve upon on it
    hence the silence about the NX system
    for all we know, the next main series game will be on that

I thought it was Jirachi, not Deoxys that the rumor was about...anyways we still couldn't capture Deoxys in Space :P

Eh, some people did predict B2W2, and rumor has it that GF did it as Nintendo didn't think they could sell a third version in a dying console (even though the entirely of Gen I did, even Yellow...). Masuda mentioned that they might do a third version, it depends on the ideas they have, which to me sounds like a good strategy. Also, I think he or someone else also mentioned that the lack of a major spin-off on the Wii U is due to lack of ideas...
    Also Nintendo is the publisher...GF is the developer, they aren't exactly the same entity with GF having some level of autonomy.

Btw I would prefer a remake to the Orre games on the NX over a third entry to the series, especially since Gen VI takes place in a different timeline (if the Orre games are considered canon to the Gen III-V timeline) from that established back in Gen III. A lot of Game Cube games are being remade right now so...

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I thought it was Jirachi, not Deoxys that the rumor was about...anyways we still couldn't capture Deoxys in Space :P

Eh, some people did predict B2W2, and rumor has it that GF did it as Nintendo didn't think they could sell a third version in a dying console (even though the entirely of Gen I did, even Yellow...). Masuda mentioned that they might do a third version, it depends on the ideas they have, which to me sounds like a good strategy. Also, I think he or someone else also mentioned that the lack of a major spin-off on the Wii U is due to lack of ideas...
    Also Nintendo is the publisher...GF is the developer, they aren't exactly the same entity with GF having some level of autonomy.

Btw I would prefer a remake to the Orre games on the NX over a third entry to the series, especially since Gen VI takes place in a different timeline (if the Orre games are considered canon to the Gen III-V timeline) from that established back in Gen III. A lot of Game Cube games are being remade right now so...

Nah the rumor was this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BneYqOELmH8

But to get it to trigger, the scientist counting rocket launches needed to say it was suppose to be a certain number of times( I think it was in the 60s or 90s) and then says, if you want you could catch a ride on the next one an go and catch Dexoys. In some variations Jirachi was suppose to be up there as well.

That said, I really would love to see another shadow game and have it tie back to the 3rd version of XY.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    it was both, kept shifting between the 2
    when you got millions of people making predictions, odds are someones going to get it right.
    even then i doubt any of them predicted PETA making that abomination of a game & unleashing it on the same day B2W2 was released
    theres really only way way to react to PETA any more...

all the time line stuff is just speculation on what go's where.
    in fact, the only confirmed timeline is

Red/Green = Ruby/Sapphire -> Gold/Silver -> Diamond/Pearl/Platinum -> Black/White -> Black2/White2 = X/Y

whats missing is Blue/Yellow/Firered/Leafgreen/Emerald/OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Crystal
    it can translate into there being 3 time lines
    1) The Main Universe: Red/Green(Blue is basically just green for the US) = Ruby/Sapphire -> Gold/Silver -> Diamond/Pearl/Platinum -> Black/White -> Black2/White2 = X/Y
    2) The Remade Universe: Firered/Leafgreen = OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire -> HeartGold/SoulSilver
    3) The 3ed Universe: Yellow -> Emerald-> Crystal
    in fact, given how its said in X/Y that the first pokemon to mega evolve was a lucario & how it's stated that it was rayquaza in OR/AS can also lead to the conclusion that this timeline theory is accurate as well as confirm it was the 3ed Universe(emerald) that was nearly destroyed by the whole wanting to send the meteor off to a parallel universe thing.
    going a bit off the deep end, it might be possible that the entire mystery dungeon series could have spawned from a parallel timeline where the meteor did get sent though the portal and caused mass devastation resulting in humanity becoming an endangered species with the few left being able to understand pokespeak and a mass intellectual evolution & culturalization of pokemon

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Why would it need one? EF Floette was featured in XY's story...I mean it's not being kept secret. Only Light of Ruin, the "Thousand" moves, and Volcanion (and it's signature move) are at this point.

I think what I mean to say is that they'll make it obtainable for the players at some point in time, most likely in "Z". Whether as an event or in-game, I'm not sure. But I think it may likely be the latter, since it was involved with the plot of X/Y. I'm thinking it will play a more prominent role in the story, and I feel that the Eternal Flower that's seen growing at the base of AZ's tree in Sootopolis is a small hint.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Speaking of Mystery Dungeon, I ran into an Unown...can you guess what letter it was? It was Z...and it started off by saying something like this 'I got to tell somebody about Z' while it might've been talking about itself it might also be a hint...also it's friends are Unown Y and X..,

I saw this in it, Unknown Z conveniently starts off the quest to get all the unknowns, it then goes to Y and X, and then you randomly encounter the others in the overworld or dungeons.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Speaking of Mystery Dungeon, I ran into an Unown...can you guess what letter it was? It was Z...and it started off by saying something like this 'I got to tell somebody about Z' while it might've been talking about itself it might also be a hint...also it's friends are Unown Y and X..,

I saw this in it, Unknown Z conveniently starts off the quest to get all the unknowns, it then goes to Y and X, and then you randomly encounter the others in the overworld or dungeons.

*gives low whistle* If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's foreshadow-trolling at its finest. Have certain spin-offs done any kind of foreshadowing like that before, though? I've never played the Mystery Dungeon games, so I don't know.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    *gives low whistle* If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's foreshadow-trolling at its finest. Have certain spin-offs done any kind of foreshadowing like that before, though? I've never played the Mystery Dungeon games, so I don't know.
    it reminds me of a certain part of pokemon special/adventure....

give it time & the unown might form their own "Perfect" form

Years
  • *gives low whistle* If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's foreshadow-trolling at its finest. Have certain spin-offs done any kind of foreshadowing like that before, though? I've never played the Mystery Dungeon games, so I don't know.

Well some of the late non-main game Gen III games had Gen IV mons making cameos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back