• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox 360 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Anyone with a 360 played Dead Rising 2:Case Zero at all?

Want to get it when it comes out next month, but haven't heard many opinions of the demo so far.

It's alright. It's only 400 MSP, but the "campaign" can literally be beaten in an hour or so. The achievements are kinda fun to get too, I guess. The point is to give you a feel of what the actual DR2 game will feel like.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I'm not complaining/whining, i was just wondering why they think it's necessary to raise the price.

I don't use XBLA. I'm perfectly good playing in solitude. /Loner

Anyone with a 360 played Dead Rising 2:Case Zero at all?

It looks nice, but I have a list of XBLA games I want to get. Case Zero isn't very high on said list. n_n

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    I can't wait to see what they're gonna pop out on the fall update.

I haven't played case zero yet. I was thinking about getting it, but I've become rather smitten with Plants vs. Zombies =D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Xbox are increasing their prices?! Well, that's it! I'm throwing away a console that I spent £200 on and I'll start to listen to My Chemical Romance because of an increase in price.

Seriously, guys. Microsoft want money for a good job and, with the economy the way it is, they deserve it. :/

monkeyandhead

I didn't train to be a Pilot.
    Years
    What would be the best way to record with an Xbox 360? I've got a DVD player and a WD TV Live. I don't actually know if the WD TV Live can record, but I do know the DVD can but takes some time to convert to a viewable format.

Any suggestions?

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    In my opinion, this is by far and away the best system. 1. I don't like moving when I play video games. 2. I like this controller way more than any other system. 3. It provides all games I could ever want with promised high quality.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    What would be the best way to record with an Xbox 360? I've got a DVD player and a WD TV Live. I don't actually know if the WD TV Live can record, but I do know the DVD can but takes some time to convert to a viewable format.

Any suggestions?
    What do you mean "record with an Xbox 360"? You talking about recording your gameplay or something like that? If so then the best way is to get a "Dazzle DVD Recorder", it's around $50 and can record SD video. The Dazzle does the job, but if you want something a little better (and more costly) and records in HD then go with the "Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR", it's around $200.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Guess what they're doing to Xbox Live?...boosting the price up $10. Yayy..it's not like they don't make enough money as it is.

You act like it's raising so much that people will quit LIVE.
    But I'd rather just get a years worth of Gold Membership for just $40.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Picked up Medal of Honour this morning. I think its miles better than MW2. It's a lot more enjoyable. Has a good although short story mode. Lots of fun to play overall and alot more fun than MW2.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    At first I didn't think I liked it, but now that I've used it a little more I think I like it better then the old one.

Not sure about the party chat... it is clearer but as Alex put it... you sound like you're talking into a cup.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    AT first I didn't like it but after using it a bit more I like it. party chat sounds different but I guess you will get used to it over time.

Years
    which Xbox 360 game is good.

I want to buy one Xbox 360 game. Please tell me which Xbox 360 game is good.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    There are many good games on the 360. But the thing is... we can't tell you what a good game would be without you telling us what type of games you're into. I could say Call of Duty Black Ops, but if you're not into shooters then that game would be pointless. I could say Final Fantasy XIII but if you're not into JRPGs then that isn't a good game for you.
    So you got to give us something to work with, just saying "Tell me a good game" isn't going to work.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    As a potential Xbox 360 owner, I have a few questions for you fine folks!

First of all, I've been to my local Target and have felt the Xbox 360 controller. Actually, I played some Madden 06 (yeah, it was awhile ago), and I must say that the controller was great! However, from what I've read, there seems to be a general consensus that the D-pad stinks. What is so bad about it? For someone who plays mostly sports games and platformers (and mild action games), the analog stick is always used. I know there is a new controller coming out in the next day or two, but is the original really that bad with regard to the D-pad? Will it matter?

Next up, what are good exclusive 360 games? I'm not a big shooter guy, so Halo and such aren't a big draw for me, though I'll probably end up buying one to try 'em out. However, in basically any other genre (usually I enjoy the game if it's well put together), what are some good 360-exclusive games to consider? On a similar note, what are good games in general? I'm definitely getting NHL 11, NBA 2K11, and The Bigs 2. Outside of that, I'm a little lost, and frankly paying $400 for the system and necessary accessories seems like a waste for only a few games that I really want to play. What is really worth playing/what will blow me away?

Lastly, I'll admit that I'm leaning towards getting a PS3. What are the 360's advantages over it, especially with regard to gaming itself? (Please be objective and unbiased!) The PS3 has well-reviewed titles like LittleBigPlanet and the Ratchet and Clank series. What on the 360 rivals those titles that the PS3 can't offer me (try to avoid the shooter/war games here)?

Thanks a bunch!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    As a potential Xbox 360 owner, I have a few questions for you fine folks!

First of all, I've been to my local Target and have felt the Xbox 360 controller. Actually, I played some Madden 06 (yeah, it was awhile ago), and I must say that the controller was great! However, from what I've read, there seems to be a general consensus that the D-pad stinks. What is so bad about it? For someone who plays mostly sports games and platformers (and mild action games), the analog stick is always used. I know there is a new controller coming out in the next day or two, but is the original really that bad with regard to the D-pad? Will it matter?
    IMO the 360 has the best controller, and I've used them all (all as in the NES, SNES, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, N64, PS/2/3, and so on and so on). The D-Pad isn't that big a deal, yea I would take a standard 4 point D-Pad over the 8 point D-Pad on the 360 (because I have no use for the other 4), but it's not enough to make me want to buy the new controller with the switchable D-Pad.
    Most every game uses the pad as a secondary thing, and most only use Up, Down, Left, Right points anyway. I wouldn't worry about the 360's D-Pad.

Next up, what are good exclusive 360 games? I'm not a big shooter guy, so Halo and such aren't a big draw for me, though I'll probably end up buying one to try 'em out. However, in basically any other genre (usually I enjoy the game if it's well put together), what are some good 360-exclusive games to consider? On a similar note, what are good games in general? I'm definitely getting NHL 11, NBA 2K11, and The Bigs 2. Outside of that, I'm a little lost, and frankly paying $400 for the system and necessary accessories seems like a waste for only a few games that I really want to play. What is really worth playing/what will blow me away?

Lastly, I'll admit that I'm leaning towards getting a PS3. What are the 360's advantages over it, especially with regard to gaming itself? (Please be objective and unbiased!) The PS3 has well-reviewed titles like LittleBigPlanet and the Ratchet and Clank series. What on the 360 rivals those titles that the PS3 can't offer me (try to avoid the shooter/war games here)?
    What sort of games do you want? RPGs, Platformers, Racing? I'm not going to lie, the 360 is a very shooter heavy console. And not all of them are big time shooters like Call of Duty or Halo. You have others like Left 4 Dead/2, Dead Rising 2, Borderlands (multiplat), Red Dead Redemption (multiplat), and so on. Them are the more casual type shooters you play with friends. If you're into racing you got games like Forza 3 (very very good racer, it has real world cars and you can tune them the way you want, paint them the color you want, or do like me and buy image sets to make stuff like this), Burnout Paradise (it's almost 3 years old, but if you're looking for lots of speed and love to crash things this game is still fun). If you're into RPGs try Fallout: New Vegas (shooter/RPG), Tales of Vesperia, Fable III, Final Fantasy XIII (even if I have this one for the PS3). If you're into fighters, Tekken 6, BlazBlue, Street Fighter 4. And the list goes on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_exclusives_(seventh_generation)
    If you want a list of exclusive games you can look at both the 360 and PS3 above. I can say games like Alan Wake, or Left 4 Dead, or Forza are good. But I'm not going to get into a war of "The 360 has 10 good exclusive games. | Just 10 games? The PS3 has 13 good exclusive games!", you need to look at them yourself and see what you want to play. You're the one spending the money so you need to take a little time to see what you'd like. People all day long can say "Well this game is good, and that game is good" but even being a non-shooter you might not like them.

As far as advantages go... the 360 has a 8 person cross game party chat, where I believe the PS3 doesn't offer any type of cross game voice chat (don't quote me on that one, you're going to have to ask that in the PS3 thread). Many people have said that the gaming community on the 360 is better (as in better game players), now I haven't experienced this for myself so not sure. If you're into sports it has ESPN, and with that I believe you're able to stream live games.

I saw you say "All of my friends have 360's anyway." in the PS3 thread. If your friends have 360s wouldn't you like to have the same system to be able to play with them? Don't look at that as a way to push you into getting a 360, it's just a question.
    I know I wasn't much help, but I try my best not to lead people on, or say "Well ... system is better, go with that one", because I'm not the one buying it. Both the 360 and PS3 are good systems, you can't go wrong with which ever one you choose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back