• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
  • Goodra can come back if Fans put enough fit about it leaving !

u sure about that??

You literally throw a fit about everything and nothing goes your way. Maybe it's an omen that you should shut up for once and then maybe things will go your way

:-}

Why do you also hate Iris so much since she gets a Dragonite.

He hates iris because he's a sexist pokenerd

...oops did I say that out loud
    (ǝɯ ʇɥbıɟ)

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    According to serebii, the new opening confirms ash gets noibat and it has trouble flying, and serena gets eevee.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • "I used to have balanced teams but then I got high... Now I'm a cool bird trainer because I got high... because I got high... because I got high!" - Ash

At least it looks like his Fletchinder has the ability Gale Wings.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • According to Serebii and the new opening, Serebii seems to thinks Ash gets Noibat and Serena gets Eevee. (Didn't notice someone had said this yet)

I haven't seen it yet, so I can't say much. Serebii also says that Noibat seems to have trouble flying. I really don't mind at all. I never even liked Goomy line until the anime. I wanted wanted Ash to catch Noibat as he has never caught a bat type, but I wonder if it will evolve sense Alexa has a Noivern?

And honestly, I don't mind him getting so many flying types. Flying types is one of my favorite types. Still leaves him with 1 spot and if he gets other pokemon past his 6 on a team or not.

But so far, his team has been pretty unpredictable this season. So I am not sure what he will get. I still hope for snover, phantump, or honedge. However, if he catched a Bergmite, it might make me like that pokemon more like it did with glalie and goomy.

As for Serena, I would love for her to catch something like Dawn did with Mamoswine. But I would also like Serena to continue to follow the trend of her getting a pokemon like Ash has in the past when it comes to game females. So maybe a Snorunt, but evolve into a Froslass.

Last edited:

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Each of Satoshi's flying types has a dual type that makes up for its weaknesses. Luchabull is part Fighting, so it can take on Rock-types. Hinayakoma is part Fire, so it can take on Ice-types. Onbat is part Dragon, so it can resist Electric-types. I wish there was more diversity, but his team isn't as vulnerable as it seems at first glance.

The updated opening also shows Satoshi and Alan meeting, so the chances of Satoshi eventually getting a Mega Evolution - at least, for a few episodes - just improved. Satoshi's Lizardon doesn't appear or anything, but I couldn't imagine why the writers would try to write something between them (Alan is all about Mega Evolution) and pass up the opportunity. Mega Lizardon X vs. Mega Lizardon Y? Come on, who wouldn't want to see that?

Reactions: Z25

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So it seems that Team Flare is about to get involved if he meets Alan. And as you said, Charizard or Sceptile may come back, but I would love to see X vs Y Charizards as well.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Wait, anyone have a link to the opening?

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
    Years
  • The opening confirms that Ash will catch a Noibat, since he is showing throwing it out. It also seems to have trouble flying, and cries after it fails. I really don't care that Noibat is another flying type, but hopefully it has a different personality than Frogadier and Hawlucha, and it's quite obvious it will, evidenced by it crying. At this point, Eevee is also pretty much confirmed to be Serena, and it wears pink clothing at one part, probably hinting that it will evolve into Sylveon. But, it isn't shown with Serena's pokemon when she sends them out, nor when all the caught pokemon group together. Maybe it won't be caught sometime soon? The part where Alain and Ash touch the glass together might signify that Ash is becoming more like Alain, though they are somewhat different.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The newest closing shows Eevee, with the other pokemon, but you are probably right. It may be a bit before she catches it. I don't see a good episode title right now for it. I would say it might be after her next showcase.

Years
  • The newest closing shows Eevee, with the other pokemon, but you are probably right. It may be a bit before she catches it. I don't see a good episode title right now for it. I would say it might be after her next showcase.

I think she won't get Eevee until after the 18th movie so it'll be quite some time. As for Ash with Noibat, I'm kinda annoyed his team is getting spammed with Flying-types but then again we do remember he had three Ground-types back in Sinnoh as well.

Years
  • If Ash couldn't hold on to a Goodra for more than 5 episodes I don't see him getting a Mega Evolution. For whatever reason he's an eternal underdog so him acquiring anything that is even remotely formidable without getting rid of it or going on to hardly use it is unlikely imo.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm going to have to agree with those who are saying that three flying types isn't a bad thing because they're all dual types. They all counter a weakness. It was the same back in Sinnoh (like Hikari said) where he had three ground types and yet Sinnoh was and is arguably still the best team he's had. So I honestly don't think it's anything to be annoyed about.

That said I'm super excited for Noibat! Eevee as well and can't forget when Pumpkaboo evolves into Gourgiest through some shenanigan.

And lmao at people still not understanding Ash's character after eighteen years smh.

Years
  • I'm eagerly anticipating what Serena's future Eevee will evolve into. I do have a feeling she'll get Sylveon but I hope it can evolve into an Eeveelution that isn't Glaceon, because May already has that. Umbreon could be unlikely as well if the writers are intentionally trying to keep Pancham unevolved for marketability purposes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I'm eagerly anticipating what Serena's future Eevee will evolve into. I do have a feeling she'll get Sylveon but I hope it can evolve into an Eeveelution that isn't Glaceon, because May already has that. Umbreon could be unlikely as well if the writers are intentionally trying to keep Pancham unevolved for marketability purposes.

It won't evolve into Glaceon since May already has one. I can't see it evolving into older evolutions as well since it doesn't have anything to do with this gen. On the other hand, Sylveon is TOO predictable..

Years
  • It won't evolve into Glaceon since May already has one. I can't see it evolving into older evolutions as well since it doesn't have anything to do with this gen. On the other hand, Sylveon is TOO predictable..

I can see where you're going. I feel like they can't evolve it into anything but Sylveon for the excuse of promoting just 6th Gen Pokemon. But then again, there's Clemont and his Luxray...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I can see where you're going. I feel like they can't evolve it into anything but Sylveon for the excuse of promoting just 6th Gen Pokemon. But then again, there's Clemont and his Luxray...

Sylveon was also seen with a side cast member in the early XY series and with the 7th GYM leader. So how can another Sylveon help promoting anything? Again, that's likely gonna happen but still..

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My guess is that it might evolve into Sylveon or Leafeon.

I would say Umbreon, but that would allow Pancham to evolve. Which I'm not sure will happen. Because Gary has an Umbreon. I kinda hope if Pancham evolves, it will be when Ash has Greninja and Serena and Ash are battling together with Pancham and Greninja and let Pancham evolve.

Back