• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    My guess is that it might evolve into Sylveon or Leafeon.

I would say Umbreon, but that would allow Pancham to evolve. Which I'm not sure will happen. Because Gary has an Umbreon. I kinda hope if Pancham evolves, it will be when Ash has Greninja and Serena and Ash are battling together with Pancham and Greninja and let Pancham evolve.

I doubt Pancham will evolve.. I dont see Serena with a big scary Bear+ It needs to stay with its cute look.
    Having it evolve into Leafeon will be REALLY random and out of the blow since it's a 4th gen Pokemon and doesn't need to be promoted.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • This is true. I also thought they wouldn't evolve Pancham, not only would it lose it's cuteness, I don't think a big clunky bear would be good for Show Cases. Though it would be really funny to see a Pangoro dressed up in a dress, bows and ribbons. :p

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    This is true. I also thought they wouldn't evolve Pancham, not only would it lose it's cuteness, I don't think a big clunky bear would be good for Show Cases. Though it would be really funny to see a Pangoro dressed up in a dress, bows and ribbons. :p
    I mean dawn had mamoswine so it isn't impossible. Just unlikely, I'd be ok either way.

Years
  • I mean dawn had mamoswine so it isn't impossible. Just unlikely, I'd be ok either way.

True. If Pancham were to evolve I could imagine the nearby Dark-type inflicting it with bad thoughts and undergoes a personality change when it evolves into Pangoro. As a result, it often disobeys Serena's commands and then she has to go through the struggle of performing with something that isn't as small or cute as she's used to doing.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    True. If Pancham were to evolve I could imagine the nearby Dark-type inflicting it with bad thoughts and undergoes a personality change when it evolves into Pangoro. As a result, it often disobeys Serena's commands and then she has to go through the struggle of performing with something that isn't as small or cute as she's used to doing.

i'm up to this idea, would be intriguing to watch. on the contrary, I just don't see the writers make it evolve..

Years
  • Speaking of Ash's Noibat... I kinda want it to stay as a Noibat because if it evolves he'll be doing nothing but copying Alexa's team. Plus I want Fletchinder to evolve into Talonflame anyway because his regional birds always fully evolve.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am almost 100% sure Flechinder will be evolving sometime in the future. Evolved to early for it not to evolve again.

I wouldn't mind if Noibat didn't evolve. However, it really wouldn't be copying Alexa sense Ash doesn't have a Gogoat or a Helioptile.

Years
  • I wouldn't mind if Noibat didn't evolve. However, it really wouldn't be copying Alexa sense Ash doesn't have a Gogoat or a Helioptile.

The concern is that if Ash were to get a Grass-type for his sixth slot, many are thinking it'll either be a Skiddo or Phantump, and if he were to get Skiddo I'd likely see it having to stay unevolved just because of Alexa having Gogoat.

But Phantump at the same time would be something fun and different, the fact it would give him his first officially caught Ghost-type. The main reason why these two are often being brought up is because of Jessie already having Pumpkaboo (which could be evolving into Gourgeist if the new Japanese end credits scene is to go by) and Clemont having Chespin.

However I'd be kinda surprised if Kalos becomes the first region where he never catches a Grass Pokemon at all.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    This could be neat to see with their different personality's(Dawn and Serena)Also pangoro could still do well, it all depends.

Oh and I actually thing ash's six slot will be either purely for a mega or a rotation between negas and whatever sixth pokemon he gets.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Famon, there are things that are wrong about what you have posted. First of all, they won't necessarily bring Goodra back if fans throw a fit. Also, fans of Pokemon are too weak and pathetic? While I can't speak for everyone, they aren't weak or pathetic, maybe they just accept that Ash released Goodra, and aren't you a fan too? Why do you also hate Iris so much since she gets a Dragonite. You're whining because Ash doesn't have a Pseudo Legendary anymore since Goodra left, and while Noibat can be common in the anime, training it is a different thing. Also while it depends on the opinion, XY isn't different than BW, the main characters actually have personality.

You talking about Accepting ? Well , The main reason Pokemon Anime still running because Some fans haven't accepted various thing in Anime !
    The Original Series was popular because there were various mystery like ''Ash & Ho-oh'' , ''The identity of Ash's father'' , ''2 other rival from Kento'' ,''GS Ball'' , ''Team Rocket'' and ''Ash becoming Pokemon Master''.
    Thats why People watched Pokemon because they believe their expectation will come true.
    But When People start to accept Ash has no connection with Ho-oh , His father doesn't exist , GS Ball and other thing then Pokemon start to lose popularity.
    Truth is , The only reason this Anime still running because Some idiots still think Ash will win a Real League ! The Day Everyone accept Ash will not Win a League , The show's popularity will be gone.
    Some Fans think that Pokemon can last forever & ever ! But the ultimate truth is that '''Nothing Last Forever''
    Truth is , Pokemon can be shut down by other Competition like Youkai watch or Digimon if they are not careful.
    Detective Conan is still Popular because Everyone knows that Conan will surely take down ''Black Organization'' Some day So The Show is Worth watching.
    Pokemon is not as Everlasting as Doreamon ! Hack , Even Doreamon was canceled , The Current Doreamon episode is just rewritten old episode .
    But , Pokemon can't be rewritten like Doreamon.

Also , Why I shouldn't be angry with Iris's free Dragonite when Ash is allow to keep Goodra ?
    Goodra is not nearly Overpowered like Dragonite and it look like a ''Mascot'' from Amusement Park which make it a perfect Pseudo-legendary pokemon in the cast !
    There isn't any other Pseudo-legendary pokemon as perfect as Goodra for a ''Children Anime'' !
    Yet , Ash has to release Goodra Because Goodra is ''Too Good'' for him .
    So Basically Iris , Dawn and A piece of Shit call Cameron is worthy enough to keep Dragonite , Togekiss , Lucario and Hydregion But Ash is not ''Worthy'' to keep a Goodra!
    And You ask me Why I'm angry at Iris !
    May be , It doesn't matter For Other Character fans that their favorite character doesn't has to follow any rule like Ash But it does matter to Ash's fans.

Noivern doesn't make up Dragonite Because Iris can find and caught a Noibat herself anytime she want from any Cave of Kalo.
    Not to mention , The unbalance and Boring Team Ash having now with 3 flying type Pokemon and all his current pokemon are focused on Speed! A trainer with A good team & Trick Room can wipe Ash XY Team clean.
    Goodra brought Balance in Ash's team and Writer decide to kick him out for being ''Too Good'' for Ash.
    Now , It become absolute necessary for Hawlucha to be replaced by a Non-flying Pokemon with Naughty personality to bring back balance .

By the way , If Sharlock Homes Fans didn't put a fit then Sharlock Homes would have remain Dead ! Also , Doreamon would have a crappy ending where Doreamon reveal to be A delusion created by a dying boy named Nobita Unless Doreamon fan protested against that ending.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh and I actually thing ash's six slot will be either purely for a mega or a rotation between negas and whatever sixth pokemon he gets.

The problem is they'll likely only want to promote Kalos Pokemon so it may be even unlikely he'll get a Mega in the first place. And if he were to get an accessory to Mega Evolve with I know he'll probably only bring Charizard back, but Sceptile could be a possibility as well despite the concern there's been very little OR/AS promotion lately.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The problem is they'll likely only want to promote Kalos Pokemon so it may be even unlikely he'll get a Mega in the first place. And if he were to get an accessory to Mega Evolve with I know he'll probably only bring Charizard back, but Sceptile could be a possibility as well despite the concern there's been very little OR/AS promotion lately.

Mega-Evolved Pokemon can be consider as Generation VII Pokemon So May be Ash can catch that Abomasnow from Frost craven and megevolve it.
    Remember , That Abomasnow from Frost craven has his own Mega-stone that he give to be the Player.
    Also , Megevolution Special start with a Battle between Mega Abomasnow and Mega Gyarados.
    However , I think Ash should just catch Trevenant ! That way he will finally have his own ghost type and the power to control trees.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Mega-Evolved Pokemon can be consider as Generation VII Pokemon So May be Ash can catch that Abomasnow from Frost craven and megevolve it.
    Remember , That Abomasnow from Frost craven has his own Mega-stone that he give to be the Player.
    Also , Megevolution Special start with a Battle between Mega Abomasnow and Mega Gyarados.
    However , I think Ash should just catch Trevenant ! That way he will finally have his own ghost type and the power to control trees.

Oh please, Abomasnow?? REALLY?
    Famon, you should know better than that. Why would Ash catch an Abomasnow and mega evolve it when all the mega evolution thing is about a strong bond between the trainer and the Pokemon. If Ash is going to evolve any1 it's definitely Charizrd/Sceptile. Besides, we're already half series away so there's not enough time for Ash and Abomasnow to bond lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Oh please, Abomasnow?? REALLY?
    Famon, you should know better than that. Why would Ash catch an Abomasnow and mega evolve it when all the mega evolution thing is about a strong bond between the trainer and the Pokemon. If Ash is going to evolve any1 it's definitely Charizrd/Sceptile. Besides, we're already half series away so there's not enough time for Ash and Abomasnow to bond lol.

Because Ash will not not bring Charizard or any other old pokemon until the League and there is no point in Ash getting Megevolution after the League .
    So , He should catch and Bond with New Pokemon to megevolve until Charizard arrives.
    Plus , Ash need a Tank and Abomasnow is a Tank .
    Also , The Anime seem to make a mockery about of the requirement of Megevolution considering how Mewtwo and Diancle can megevolve without a Key-stone.
    And We are talking about Ash Ketchum ! 1 Day is enough for Him to create Strong Bond with any Pokemon

Off course , I did said I prefer Trevenant !!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Because Ash will not not bring Charizard or any other old pokemon until the League and there is no point in Ash getting Megevolution after the League .
    So , He should catch and Bond with New Pokemon to megevolve until Charizard arrives.
    Plus , Ash need a Tank and Abomasnow is a Tank .
    Also , The Anime seem to make a mockery about of the requirement of Megevolution considering how Mewtwo and Diancle can megevolve without a Key-stone.
    And We are talking about Ash Ketchum ! 1 Day is enough for Him to create Strong Bond with any Pokemon

Off course , I did said I prefer Trevenant !!!

Phantump seems like a good choise for him.. but I wonder if it would evolve into Trevenant since it requires a trade .

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I don't see any reason for Satoshi to catch an older generation Pokémon simply for the purpose of Mega Evolution. He already has four potential candidates back at Masara Town, two of which - Lizardon and Jukain - are highly marketable and already have an established bond with him, the former especially so (in terms of Satoshi's signature Pokémon, Lizardon comes second only to Pikachu). If Satoshi is to get a Mega Evolution at any point in this anime, it's going to be one of those two: Lizardon to showcase the Y-variant, Jukain to further promote ORAS.

The problem is they'll likely only want to promote Kalos Pokemon so it may be even unlikely he'll get a Mega in the first place.
    I was doubtful that Satoshi would get a Mega Evolution before, and there's obviously still been no solid foreshadowing that he will, but I think we should now keep in mind three things: 1) the end of Act III of the Mega specials made a point of having Platane see Alan on TV, indicating that the specials were going to cross over with the main anime; 2) the ending of XY068 has Platane and Limone teaming up to further the former's research on Mega Evolution, suggesting a new story arc in the works. Alan is also mentioned and seen in flashback during that episode; 3) the new images in the opening confirm that Satoshi will be meeting Alan at some point, and Alan's placement amongst the Gym Leaders during that sequence suggests that Satoshi will be battling him and his Mega Lizardon. So, whatever is being planned with this storyline, Satoshi and co. will be involved. And it'll probably occur before the League.

My assumption before was that the specials were a way for the writers to promote Mega Evolution throughout XY without having to give one to Satoshi. But now that we know that not only will the main anime and the Mega specials come together, but it's likely that Satoshi and Alan will battle, and I'm having a hard time imagining the writers passing up the opportunity to do Mega Lizardon X (Alan) vs. Mega Lizardon Y (Satoshi). And it's worth noting that Lizardon Y hasn't shown up at all in either series yet. Given Lizardon's general popularity and the fact that it has two Mega Evolved forms, I don't see a reason for the writers not to show the other variant unless they were planning something.

That doesn't mean Satoshi will have to keep Lizardon in his party full-time or anything, it could just be for that particular arc. So he'd be free to send Lizardon back to the lab once the storyline's over and pick up whatever permanent sixth party member for his team he's going to have in time for the Kalos League.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I don't see any reason for Satoshi to catch an older generation Pokémon simply for the purpose of Mega Evolution. He already has four potential candidates back at Masara Town, two of which - Lizardon and Jukain - are highly marketable and already have an established bond with him, the former especially so (in terms of Satoshi's signature Pokémon, Lizardon comes second only to Pikachu). If Satoshi is to get a Mega Evolution at any point in this anime, it's going to be one of those two: Lizardon to showcase the Y-variant, Jukain to further promote ORAS.

I was doubtful that Satoshi would get a Mega Evolution before, and there's obviously still been no solid foreshadowing that he will, but I think we should now keep in mind three things: 1) the end of Act III of the Mega specials made a point of having Platane see Alan on TV, indicating that the specials were going to cross over with the main anime; 2) the ending of XY068 has Platane and Limone teaming up to further the former's research on Mega Evolution, suggesting a new story arc in the works. Alan is also mentioned and seen in flashback during that episode; 3) the new images in the opening confirm that Satoshi will be meeting Alan at some point, and Alan's placement amongst the Gym Leaders during that sequence suggests that Satoshi will be battling him and his Mega Lizardon. So, whatever is being planned with this storyline, Satoshi and co. will be involved. And it'll probably occur before the League.

My assumption before was that the specials were a way for the writers to promote Mega Evolution throughout XY without having to give one to Satoshi. But now that we know that not only will the main anime and the Mega specials come together, but it's likely that Satoshi and Alan will battle, and I'm having a hard time imagining the writers passing up the opportunity to do Mega Lizardon X (Alan) vs. Mega Lizardon Y (Satoshi). And it's worth noting that Lizardon Y hasn't shown up at all in either series yet. Given Lizardon's general popularity and the fact that it has two Mega Evolved forms, I don't see a reason for the writers not to show the other variant unless they were planning something.

That doesn't mean Satoshi will have to keep Lizardon in his party full-time or anything, it could just be for that particular arc. So he'd be free to send Lizardon back to the lab once the storyline's over and pick up whatever permanent sixth party member for his team he's going to have in time for the Kalos League.

Didn't I said Ash doesn't use his older pokemon before the League ! It doesn't maqtter how many pokemon he has in Professor Oak lad with the ability to megevolve if Ash doesn't call upon them before the league.

Also , Charizard is not Ash's signature Pokemon , he is his Secret Weapon !
    If Ash going to get megevolution then he should get a signature pokemon as his Regular Megevolution partner.

There is rumor about a Big announcement in May 21st !
    I predict it might be about the 3rd installment of Gen VII game.
    So , Chances are that Kalo starter might get their Megevolution there ! In that case , Greninja will work better as Ash's regular Megevolution partner until Charizard appear.
    After all, Greninja is popular ! I think I like it because his design remind me of ''Kamen Rider''
    I hope Greninja's Megevolution will be like this--
    Spoiler:

An armored Ninja !

Last edited:

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Didn't I said Ash doesn't use his older pokemon before the League ! It doesn't maqtter how many pokemon he has in Professor Oak lad with the ability to megevolve if Ash doesn't call upon them before the league.
    So you somehow think it's more likely for Satoshi to catch an older generation Pokémon just for the purpose of walking around with a Mega Evolution in time for the League? I don't buy that.

For one thing, no one says Satoshi would keep Lizardon in his party for the League. Satoshi could just bring it around for whatever story the writers have planned for Alan, Team Flare, Platane, etc. and then he just puts Lizardon back at Ookido's lab when he's done - in just enough time to catch a sixth Kalos region Pokémon and enter the League with his regular team. If the writers didn't want Satoshi walking around with a powerful Numelgon on hand, I don't see him traveling Kalos with a Mega Evolution either.

If the writers plan on having one of Satoshi's Pokémon Mega Evolve, what sense would it make not to go with a popular one that has two variants, Alan (who Satoshi will meet at some point) already having one of them and Satoshi's being a particular favorite of theirs?

You say Lizardon isn't one of Satoshi's signature Pokémon. But if there's one Pokémon Satoshi is known for having, besides Pikachu, it'd be Lizardon. Its appearances are always hyped and advertised. The writers have put a special emphasis in their bond together. When Lizardon came back in BW, approximately half the episode was spent on scenes of older episodes going over the experiences the two had (something I've never seen this anime do). Any way you slice it, Satoshi's Lizardon is a highly special Pokémon - for Satoshi and the anime franchise as a whole, in a way that only Pikachu compares to.

I'd put money on Satoshi bringing back Lizardon (or even Jukain, because ORAS, but Mega Bursyamo and Shōta both make me doubt it now) before I could ever see him catching a Yukinooh (... why?), League or not, assuming he'll get a Mega Evolution at all. You make a good point about possible Mega Evolutions for the Kalos starters, but since that hasn't happened yet it's purely speculation.

Back