• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Didn't I said Ash doesn't use his older pokemon before the League ! It doesn't maqtter how many pokemon he has in Professor Oak lad with the ability to megevolve if Ash doesn't call upon them before the league.

Also , Charizard is not Ash's signature Pokemon , he is his Secret Weapon !
    If Ash going to get megevolution then he should get a signature pokemon as his Regular Megevolution partner.

There is rumor about a Big announcement in May 21st !
    I predict it might be about the 3rd installment of Gen VII game.
    So , Chances are that Kalo starter might get their Megevolution there ! In that case , Greninja will work better as Ash's regular Megevolution partner until Charizard appear.
    After all, Greninja is popular ! I think I like it because his design remind me of ''Kamen Rider''
    I hope Greninja's Megevolution will be like this--
    Spoiler:

An armored Ninja !
    It is happening, but the 1thm corocoro will leak and probably have this game as well. I bet on third versions as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Kalos starters got mega but not sure about the other kalos mons.
    The problem is they'll likely only want to promote Kalos Pokemon so it may be even unlikely he'll get a Mega in the first place. And if he were to get an accessory to Mega Evolve with I know he'll probably only bring Charizard back, but Sceptile could be a possibility as well despite the concern there's been very little OR/AS promotion lately.
    As stated, megas technically are gen 6 mons, so it isn't impossible. Just unlikey.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    To be honest the anime has stated again, and again, and again, the bonds that are needed in order for a Pokemon to mega-evolve. Even then both the trainer and the Pokemon need to have the ability to hold that mega-evolve without it going haywire (example: Korrina and Lucario before Lucario was able to mega evolve without temporarily losing itself in the process). If they were going to give Ash a new Pokemon that was capable of mega evolving they would have done it already. Despite how well Ash connects with his Pokemon it wouldn't be right for Ash to catch one and then have the ability for it to mega-evolve. Especially since people, like Korrina Sycamore, had spent far more time with their Pokemon before they had that ability. To be honest even the beginning of XY I feel like isn't enough time compared to the trainers we know can mega-evolve their Pokemon.

So, like mentioned before if Ash is going to mega evolve a Pokemon it's going to be Charizard. While he does have a few others that are capable of mega-evolving Charizard is the one he has the closest bond with and no doubt the one he has the closest bond with as well.

But this is if they plan of giving Ash a mega evolution at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't tbh.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Mega-Evolved Pokemon can be consider as Generation VII Pokemon

wHAT?!?!?! GEN 7 GOT RELEASED AND I DIDNT KNOW????

Ok seriously, this was a nice read, until, as always, Famon shoves his nose in like an annoying shrew.
    Like please go away you can't expect anyone to care about what you say when you call characters a piece of shit.... You know nothing about how writing works, so just shut up and go away please. I'm honestly tired of coming in here trying to read speculation and thoughts,only to be overshadowed by your long slabs of post which consists of bitching, insults, and are just downright rude, please stop.

JUST STOP WWTCHING THE SHOW FFS UR SK ANNOYING

Years
  • Noivern doesn't make up Dragonite Because Iris can find and caught a Noibat herself anytime she want from any Cave of Kalo.

Yeah, it's true although even if Iris were to make a cameo in XY I still think she might have the same team she had, other than introducing her new Gible to Ash.

Not to mention , The unbalance and Boring Team Ash having now with 3 flying type Pokemon and all his current pokemon are focused on Speed! A trainer with A good team & Trick Room can wipe Ash XY Team clean.

Type overlapping can make a team feel unbalanced, but we have to remember he had three Ground-types over the course of Sinnoh (Torterra, Gliscor, Gible). Flying-types on the other hand are quite fast, and if you look at those two Ash currently has (along with the one he's soon to be getting aka Noibat), in the games they all have Speed as their highest stat and it also doesn't help that he has Frogadier there as well, whose best stat is again, Speed. It's clear the writers want him to have a fast team in this saga.

Goodra brought Balance in Ash's team and Writer decide to kick him out for being ''Too Good'' for Ash.
    Now , It become absolute necessary for Hawlucha to be replaced by a Non-flying Pokemon with Naughty personality to bring back balance.

Yeah, I kinda liked what Goodra did. The fact it was not weak to Electric while the rest of the team (barring Pikachu) was, and not being a speedster unlike Frogadier, Fletchinder, Hawlucha and of course Pikachu. I could see many reasons behind why they wanted Goodra written out, because having a pseudo-legend will naturally be attracting loads of attention to it, given how they tend to be Dragon-types and kids always worship dragon-like creatures (explains all the Charizard fanboys in 1st Gen) plus the fact Goodra is portrayed to be very strong shows that we could have seen Ash use it way too much, and that would come at the expense of focus on his other Pokemon.

Seriously, look at the disaster that was Unova. The fact he had a constantly rotating team meant some Pokemon got way more screentime than the others, the notable ones being the Unova starters and also Scraggy and Krookodile. Palpitoad suffered the most from this, the fact he's now surpassed Kingler as the most absent Pokemon from Ash's team over a certain number of episodes. Boldore also got shafted a lot, and while Unfezant and Leavanny never got much screentime either they did at least get more than Boldore and especially Palpitoad. I'm now even debating if Ash should have even caught Palpitoad to begin with, if it was going to get the most shafting from the writers.

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
    Years
  • I doubt Ash will catch a previous gen Pokemon that can mega evolve for his grass type. If Ash gets a mega, it will most likely be Charizard, since it has so much popularity, Sceptile, for the ORAS games, or another of his Pokemon. Pokemon require a strong bond with their trainer. While Ash might get a mega (there is a relatively small chance) it will probably be Charizard, since Shota has Treeko which might evolve into Sceptile, I'm questioning if Ash will be the one to get Mega Sceptile.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Can we please keep the discussion away from bashing Famon? He is entitled to his opinion, even if you don't agree with it. I'd rather you just ignore it or discuss things with him privately and out of this forum.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Can we please keep the discussion away from bashing Famon? He is entitled to his opinion, even if you don't agree with it. I'd rather you just ignore it or discuss things with him privately and out of this forum.

Famons allowed to bash characters so I think it's only fair to bash him in return. What's the difference? Ones fictional and ones real? I still don't see that as a valid reasoning. If he's gonna bash characters then I'm gonna bash him, and he's bashed characters worse than I've bashed him (I was gonna call him a piece of shit in return as he did to Cameron but I didn't!!)

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion, but when you constantly rant on about the same pessimistic thing don't expect he to play nice. He constantly disagrees, argues, complains, and posts negatively about everything, which multiple users are tired of seeing. If you don't see how that's an issue then i-g-g-bye.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Famons allowed to bash characters so I think it's only fair to bash him in return. What's the difference? Ones fictional and ones real? I still don't see that as a valid reasoning. If he's gonna bash characters then I'm gonna bash him, and he's bashed characters worse than I've bashed him (I was gonna call him a piece of shit in return as he did to Cameron but I didn't!!)

Aside from this excerpt from PC's rules,
    Everybody is to respect other people on the board.
    The PokéCommunity is open to anyone. Do not threaten, harass or insult your fellow members, or launch ad hominem or personal attacks against any of them. Please respect the beliefs of other members. If someone acts uncivil, or harasses/intimidates you or other members, you are not given the excuse to act the same in retaliation. By retaliating, you may also be held responsible and infracted. Always contact a staff member if you have any issues with other members' conduct.

the main difference is that Famon is staying on topic whereas bashing him is off-topic.

However, if you wish to continue discussing this, I'd prefer if we did it through VM or PM.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Also Bashing characters =/= you can bash the person posting? It's like bashing on the orange because the orange bashed on cupcakes it doesn't make sense. Oranges and cupcakes aren't even close to the same thing haha.

now to be on topic:

Yeah, I doubt Ash is going to mega-evolve Sceptile, which would be the closest after Charizard, since Shota has what will be a Grovyle by the time he actually meets Ash. Although I doubt Shota's Grovyle will really evolve if he's newto the whole trainer thing? I suppose we'll just see his backstory when we get to him.

Years
  • With Serena catching an Eevee soon, I think they'll have it evolve into a Sylveon so that she can battle against Iris, if/when she makes her return. Iris will probably have a Gabite by then, since Ash's Gible most likely won't ever evolve, so I think Sylveon vs Gabite would be a good matchup if the two happened to have a battle at some point.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • With Serena catching an Eevee soon, I think they'll have it evolve into a Sylveon so that she can battle against Iris, if/when she makes her return. Iris will probably have a Gabite by then, since Ash's Gible most likely won't ever evolve, so I think Sylveon vs Gabite would be a good matchup if the two happened to have a battle at some point.

It's not confirmed that Serena gets Eevee. What prevents Clemont from catching it?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It's not confirmed that Serena gets Eevee. What prevents Clemont from catching it?

Although I understand what you are saying, what exactly makes you think Clemont will get it?

In the opening it shows Serena watching the Eevee as it does flips and there is one part where the Eevee is preforming with an outfit on. So it is very unlikely Clemont will catch it. And Clemont already has 7 pokemon which he keeps 3 at his gym for the robot to use.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Considering that it's Serena with the interest in the Eevee and likely the one who will be watching it in the distance (if the opening says it like that) the idea of it becoming Clemont's is very unlikely. In fact even if Clemont held interest I don't think he would be the kind of person who would catch it after seeing its interest in dancing and performing. Instead he'll see that it'll be better off with Serena who is working on becoming a Pokemon performer.

Of course, it won't be confirmed until something more confirms it, but the fact that the Eevee looks interested in performing and dancing it'll most likely be Serena's.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I rather prefer if Ash caught that Gengar !
    Because His team can use a Naughty , Fun-loving and Carefree Pokemon like that , Not because of Megevolution.
    A Gengar That love to pull prank on others , Eat other pokemon food , sometime act too lazy to obey Ash and make fun of Ash's Jerkish Rival like this-

XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

There even could be a running gag where Ash hit gengar with a paper-fan or pinch its cheek for every mischief he does.
    That the type of Pokemon Ash need , Not some Bodybuilder that show off its muscle specially when it doesn't have one .
    Well thats the difference between Current writers and Old writer.
    Current Writer probably thing thinking about giving Serena a Sylveon or Milotic But The Original Writer would gave Serena a Slowpoke that frustrate her.
    Just like Misty & Psyduck Or Jessie & Wobbuffet.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Tbh if Serena does get eevee, I see it either remaining unevolved or evolve into sylveon.

But I think they'll go down the Sylveon route because they already did the eevee route with May (ok it evolved but that was outside of the hoenn saga and happened off screen)

I wouldn't mind her gettin Espeon but I don't see anything other than sylveon

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Its confirmed that Shota has a Bagon !
    If that Bagon evolve into Salamence and Shota is allow to keep it then I will be really pissed Since Ash wasn't allowed to keep Goodra for more then 5 episode.
    I mean , Look at that thing--

XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

If Goodra is ''Too strong'' for Ash then what about this ?
    Why should a little Boy like Shota be allow to keep Salamence when his Senior can't even keep a Goodra ?

By the way , Noivern doesn't really stand a chance against Salamence !
    Since Salamence has more power & Defense and it can learn more attack then Noivern.
    Plus , Noibat is really common in caves so Shota can have his own Noivern any time But Ash can't get a Bagon any time he wants.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Because the stats in game totally matter when it comes to the anime.

I kinda of want Clemont to get another Pokemon between Serena's Eevee and whenever she gets a new one. No idea what Pokemon he would even get but another one regardless. Though if hedoesn't that's cool too since his three (not including Dedenne) are fine enough.

Back