• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Currently , Ash need a Big Pokemon that outshadow Clemont's Luxray and also has a personality .
    For example--

---A Naughty , Selfish , unmotivated and lazy Ganger who irritate Ash with its various prank. It also loves busty & sexy women like Alexa.
    106.jpg

---An Arcanine who often bite people's head! Like this--

Sadaharu_e_Gintoki_di_Gintama.jpg

--- A Slowpoke that was caught accidentally and often irritate its trainer like Misty's Psyduck.

--- A talking Aegislesh who want to take Ash on the path of King despite latter disapproval. He act like Ash's butler like Whisper from Youkai Watch.

I remember Ash kento team had pokemon with different personality such as Loner wolf Bulbasaur, Mischievous Squirtle , Timid Charmender and Leader Pikachu !

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Currently , Ash need a Big Pokemon that outshadow Clemont's Luxray and also has a personality .
    For example--

---A Naughty , Selfish , unmotivated and lazy Ganger who irritate Ash with its various prank. It also loves busty & sexy women like Alexa.
    106.jpg

---An Arcanine who often bite people's head! Like this--

Sadaharu_e_Gintoki_di_Gintama.jpg

--- A Slowpoke that was caught accidentally and often irritate its trainer like Misty's Psyduck.

--- A talking Aegislesh who want to take Ash on the path of King despite latter disapproval. He act like Ash's butler like Whisper from Youkai Watch.

I remember Ash kento team had pokemon with different personality such as Loner wolf Bulbasaur, Mischievous Squirtle , Timid Charmender and Leader Pikachu !

omg this entire post. I AM C A C K L I N G.

The days of Ash's Pokemon all having fleshed out personalities is long gone. Pikachu, Frogadier and Hawlucha are the only Pokemon on his team as far as being interesting and having personalities is concerned. The rest are literally there to make up his final 6. The odd appearance and gym battle is all they get really..

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    A long time ago I was hoping that this team would be his final team in Kalos.
    1.Pikachu
    2.Greninja(protean)
    3.Talonflame(gale wings)
    4.Florges or Sylveon(pixilate)
    5.Goodra(Gooey)
    6.Aegislash or Lucario(mega), preferably Aegislash because he has enough fighting type pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I have a feeling, more of a prediction. I reckon when the sequel to X&Y comes out it'll introduce "Southern Kalos" and around 20 new Pokémon. Either Ash will catch a grass type Pokémon from there or he will recall Sceptile for his assault on the Kalos League.

His team could end up:

Pikachu / Greninja / Talonflame / Noivern / Hawlucha / Sceptile (with Sceptilite)

Although to the person that said ash should get a Gengar that pranks him a lot, although it would be completely random and maybe wouldn't make sense, I'd be thrilled with that for my own selfish reasons. :P

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am interested and why people keeping bringing up Southern Kalos, I am not sure why it is a problem with the gap there, it happened with most of the other regions.

But I do believe a few areas will be added in Z or whatever we get, but I am off topic.

I kinda figured Chespin would eventually evolve and Serena will be catching Eevee soon, but it would be nice for Seren and Clemont to catch another pokemon, as well as Ash.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Greninja confirmed

16cl-0010.jpg

Off Course , I'm not that thrill.
    Currently , My mind is set in Ash catch another Pokemon as big , majestic , uncommon and Pseudo-Legendary as Goodra that overshadow Clemont's Luxrey.
    Greninja mean nothing since its common! Plus , He can't overshadow Clemont Luxrey
    I'm little upset with Talonflam learning '''Brave Bird".
    I was hoping for him to learn another Fire type move like "Flamethrower" and "Fire Blast"!

Skyxyd

The one
    Years
  • Ash can't catch any pokemon with mega evolution. Why ? I don't know, but the scriptwriters should konw ...
    Why Ash have not a Riolu ? Or a Zorua ? They're so cute :)

Years
  • Greninja confirmed

16cl-0010.jpg

I wonder if this'll mean XY might end up to be the first saga which ends with each starter on the main cast being at a different stage of their evolution line? This was what the previous sagas had so far:

Kanto - 2 unevolved, 1 final stage
    Johto - 2 unevolved, 1 middle stage
    Hoenn - 1 middle stage, 2 final stage
    Sinnoh - 1 unevolved, 2 final stage
    Unova - 2 unevolved, 1 middle stage

For Johto I'm counting Cyndaquil as unevolved because it didn't evolve into Quilava until DP which was in Sinnoh. I'm kinda upset if Serena's Braixen doesn't become Delphox because I want to see her saga end like May's, with the starter reaching the final stage, plus both girls' starters are the Fire-type of their region.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Greninja confirmed

16cl-0010.jpg

Off Course , I'm not that thrill.
    Currently , My mind is set in Ash catch another Pokemon as big , majestic , uncommon and Pseudo-Legendary as Goodra that overshadow Clemont's Luxrey.
    Greninja mean nothing since its common! Plus , He can't overshadow Clemont Luxrey
    I'm little upset with Talonflam learning '''Brave Bird".
    I was hoping for him to learn another Fire type move like "Flamethrower" and "Fire Blast"!
    I agree with the disappointment on Brave Bird, I though Talonflame's suppose to act as his Fire-type fighter, despite its status as a regional bird. He has no access with duh... Fennekin and he didn't catch himself a Litleo either, so it should be natural for Talonflame to act as his Fire-type ace. @_@

Just leave the Flying-type moves to the Noibat, seriously. @_@

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I wonder if this'll mean XY might end up to be the first saga which ends with each starter on the main cast being at a different stage of their evolution line? This was what the previous sagas had so far:

Kanto - 2 unevolved, 1 final stage
    Johto - 2 unevolved, 1 middle stage
    Hoenn - 1 middle stage, 2 final stage
    Sinnoh - 1 unevolved, 2 final stage
    Unova - 2 unevolved, 1 middle stage

For Johto I'm counting Cyndaquil as unevolved because it didn't evolve into Quilava until DP which was in Sinnoh. I'm kinda upset if Serena's Braixen doesn't become Delphox because I want to see her saga end like May's, with the starter reaching the final stage, plus both girls' starters are the Fire-type of their region.

I prefer Serena Braixen not evolving !
    Braxien is much more cuter and marketable as Braxian ! Delphox look weird to me , Its like Putting a fox head on a Woman body.
    Seriously , Fennekie evolution is a Big disappointment. I think we all wanted a Nine-tailed fox instate of Woman with Fox's head.
    Same goes with Clemont's Chespin , There are no need for it to evolve.
    Its nothing unfair , Clemont never suppose to catch a Chespin ! The only reason he caught one because he is Ash's sidekick .
    Honestly , I prefer 2 New & Serious rival with Delphox and Chesnaught! A Proud Girl with Delphox and an arrogant Boy with Chesnaught.
    All The current Rival are Rookies who full with admiration for Ash.
    This Anime need Rival who would appear as Challenge and threat for Ash. They have to be people that cause Ash to develop into a better Trainer.
    That"s Why Gary and Paul was great rivals Because they made Ash into a better trainer then before.
    Rivals doesn't exist for themselves , They only exist for the Protagonist!

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Umm, to the two people that posted the pictures of the supposed evolutions, did no-one else catch that they aren't consistent? Haha

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In the first picture, Chespin, Braixen and Greninja. In the second picture Quilladin, Braixen and Frogadier.
    That would mean that Chespin would evolve, then Frogadier would evolve, then Quilladin would transform back into Chespin.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Currently , I'm wondering Ash's possibility for catching Aggron or Tyranitar.
    Because both of them are "Tank" which something Ash needs.
    Specially if he Megevolve them.
    Aggron might have more chance because Ash haven't caught his 6th Hoenn Pokemon so by catching & Megevolving Aggron he will have both Gen III & Gen VI Pokemon (Since Megevolution are Gen VI Pokemon).
    As For Tyranitar , Its the 2nd flightless Pseudo-Legendary alongside Goodra.
    Currently , Everyones eye is toward Ash catching a perfect replacement of Goodra. I don't think most people can enjoy the show until then! Noibat is not much of a replacement & evolving it might be bad for Marketing. Ash truly need to catch a rare Pokemon who's bigger then Snorlax and has amazing Movepool.
    That explain the rapid decline of TV-Rating.
    Pokemon XY's regular rating was 4.00-5.90 ! But The series rating decline to 3.00-4.90 after Shalure Gym. Possibly because People's dream of Ash's Lucario was broken for the 3rd time and there weren't a single hint of Ash ever getting Key-stone from Korrina & her Grandfather.
    Pokemon then start receiving below 3.9 rating in a row after Frokie evolve because Kids doesn't like Frogadier as much as Frokie or Greninja.
    The Rating started to improve upon Goodra arrival but releasing it made thing worst.
    Just think , Ash finally caught a Pokemon that is bigger then Snorlax and learn all sort of elemental attack ! But he has to release it because its too strong despite Iris keeping a freaking Dragonite.
    if Iris can still face challenge despite raising a Dragonite then why can't Ash face any challenge! What kind of pathetic Gym-Leader & Rival "Atuhiro Tomioka" created that can't take on a Goodra.
    Umm, to the two people that posted the pictures of the supposed evolutions, did no-one else catch that they aren't consistent? Haha

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In the first picture, Chespin, Braixen and Greninja. In the second picture Quilladin, Braixen and Frogadier.
    That would mean that Chespin would evolve, then Frogadier would evolve, then Quilladin would transform back into Chespin.

Except , Are you sure that Clemont's Quilladin ?
    It might be Manon's Quilladin.
    Who know , She might join the group for an upcoming Team Flare arc after The Final Megevolution Special.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Except , Are you sure that Clemont's Quilladin ?
    It might be Manon's Quilladin.
    Who know , She might join the group for an upcoming Team Flare arc after The Final Megevolution Special.

That's true, it might not be Clemont's Quilladin. It's just weird that they would show it along with the other two second stage starters leaving Clemont out. (If that isn't his)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    COrUtztWoAAWU23.jpg:large

Confirm Pokemon--

--Alternate Greninja

--Noivern

--Unknown Mega Sceptile.

My Thought --

Ash doesn't have a key-stone in the poster so sadly he might not get a Megevolution!
    Which mean , Thats not Mega greninja . Its ether a alternate Greninja or Cosplay Greninja.
    Honestly , An Alternate Greninja won't make up for Megevolution to me.
    Ash also confirm Noivern But I wonder if it was a good decision to evolve Noibat because it might hurt marketing.
    Then a Mega Sceptile is confirm. I hope it does not belong to Scotic because it would be even more painful for me to see that pipsqueak is allow megevolution instate of Ash.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Lookign at the poster, looks like Ah gets Mega Greninja, Mega Sceptile, and Noivern.

Bringing Ash's team to:
    Pikachu
    Greninja (Mega?)
    Mega Sceptile
    Talonflame
    Noivern
    Hawlucha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Lookign at the poster, looks like Ah gets Mega Greninja, Mega Sceptile, and Noivern.

Bringing Ash's team to:
    Pikachu
    Greninja (Mega?)
    Mega Sceptile
    Talonflame
    Noivern
    Hawlucha.

Honestly , I don't want Ash to bring back his Sceptile Or Shota getting a Mege sceptile because he's too young for it.
    Currently , I prefer if Ash catch a Aggron since he never caught his 6th Hoenn Pokemon and replace Hawlucha with a Grass type like a Naughty Phantump or Gogoat.
    Its much better then Ash getting another Dragon type! Its better if he gets a ghost & steel type pokemon.
    Plus , Hawlucha & Greninja BOTH process the same "Loner Warrior" Persona So Ash really need a NAUGHTY POKEMON.
    So , Adding the another "Loner Warrior" like Sceptile in not a good idea .
    After all , Squirtal and Bulbasaur was a great pair because Squirtal was "Mischievous" while Bulbasaur was the "Loner".
    Off course , Ash can take Lysandre's Pyroar after he kills himself ! It would be new & interesting for Ash to raise a pokemon of the Evil Team Boss.
    I also wondering , What attack Ash's Greninja would learn ? The only confirm attack is those "Water Blade" he's holding on the poster.
    Since we don't know anything about Ash Greninja , Its hard to guess its attack since he might learn attacks the ordinary Greninja can't learn.
    Also , Talonflame doesn't feel like a Fire type ! Even though Ash has Talonflame , Its still feel like Ash doesn't have any fire type in Kalo. Ash really need to teach Talonflame some Fire type attack.

Last edited:

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
  • Well, at least Sceptile's balancing out the team (assuming it is Ash's), which is always a good thing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well, at least Sceptile's balancing out the team (assuming it is Ash's), which is always a good thing.
    But Sceptile does the opposite , Ash's team will be more unbalance with Sceptile.
    Here My recommendation--

Spr_6x_025_m.png
    = The Leader

Spr_6x_658.png
    = Lone warrior

Spr_6x_708.png
    = The Prankster/Troublemaker

Spr_6x_715.png
    = The Bitter

Spr_6x_663.png
    = The searcher

Spr_6x_306M.png
    = The Heavy-lifter

However , If Sceptile Join Ash's team then it will be The Leader (Pikachu) , Lone warrior (Greninja) , Lone Warrior (Hawlucha) , Lone warrior (Sceptile), The Bitter (Noivern) , The Searcher (Talonflame)

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
  • What if the Sceptile is irrelevant with all the trainers in the picture? What if it is just a Mega Sceptile that Alain faces during an episode. To me technically this Sceptile is just a filler in the poster, mainly because I totally agree eith Famon's team build. If he ends up taking three loners he will end up getting wrecked once again, despite none of the Pokemon except for the almighty Pikachu will be fully evolved. And then the Pokemon anime will take a downfall (another one) because many people keep watching it with the hope Ash evolves his Pokemon to defeat the league. So Pokemon Evolution + No league winning = FAILURE

Though I seriously doubt Ash getting an Aggron. I can see Pikachu with what moves it already knows, Greninja with that special move, night slash, ice beam and one more move, Noivern getting draco meteor or some other OP ****, Talonflame becoming a competitive (not ingame competitive) Talonflame with Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Tailwind and probably steel wing, and Hawlucha staying in the team, giving us powerful Flying presses, seismic tosses (due to it being too OP in the anime) etc

We'll see

Back