• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    > Talonflame needs to learn a fire type move
    > Flame Charge was Fletchinder's main move

lmao ok. I mean obv Brave Bird will probably become the 'main move' but doesn't mean it doesn't have Flame Charge.

I have a feeling that the Mega Sceptile miiiiight be Shouta/Sawyer's. But that might be me still thinking that they aren't going to be bringing any of Ash's old Pokemon back. Certainly not before the league or anything.

Very excited for Ash!Greninja though yeeee

Years
  • I have a feeling that the Mega Sceptile miiiiight be Shouta/Sawyer's. But that might be me still thinking that they aren't going to be bringing any of Ash's old Pokemon back. Certainly not before the league or anything.

Very excited for Ash!Greninja though yeeee

I know that Ash's Sceptile has that twig in its mouth so I guess Sawyer will be getting Mega Sceptile before Ash does, and instead Ash has to settle for this Greninja that bears a resemblance to him. I guess it's the writers' excuse for not allowing Ash to use a Mega, but still this saga will be even more likely to end as the first where Ash has not owned a Grass-type on his regional team.

Oh and I think Noibat may evolve as well judging by the Noivern on the poster.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I know that Ash's Sceptile has that twig in its mouth so I guess Sawyer will be getting Mega Sceptile before Ash does, and instead Ash has to settle for this Greninja that bears a resemblance to him. I guess it's the writers' excuse for not allowing Ash to use a Mega, but still this saga will be even more likely to end as the first where Ash has not owned a Grass-type on his regional team.

Oh and I think Noibat may evolve as well judging by the Noivern on the poster.

Well , Soon they will turn Sawyer into the most hated character in the show!
    One Anime-exclusive Greninja can't make up for all those Megevolution Ash can have! Plus , Ash has much closer bond with Pikachu , Charizard , Beyleaf and his other Pokemon so why only Greninja receive special treatment.
    Now , I wonder what attack Ash-Greninja will learn .
    So far , The only Confirm attack are "Aqua Jet" & "Water Blade"! However Greninja can't learn Aqua Jet.
    Honestly , It would be cool if Greninja learn a Punch Attack that can destroy Mountain Or Knock "Building-size Pokemon". It would even cooler if Greninja could create a "Susanoo" from Water.
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Susanoo

Years
  • Well , Soon they will turn Sawyer into the most hated character in the show!
    One Anime-exclusive Greninja can't make up for all those Megevolution Ash can have! Plus , Ash has much closer bond with Pikachu , Charizard , Beyleaf and his other Pokemon so why only Greninja receive special treatment.
    Now , I wonder what attack Ash-Greninja will learn .
    So far , The only Confirm attack are "Aqua Jet" & "Water Blade"! However Greninja can't learn Aqua Jet.
    Honestly , It would be cool if Greninja learn a Punch Attack that can destroy Mountain Or Knock "Building-size Pokemon". It would even cooler if Greninja could create a "Susanoo" from Water.
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Susanoo

I do wonder what this so-called "Water Blade" is, but we are aware the Froakie line doesn't learn Aqua Jet under any circumstance in the games so I guess this means Greninja might have something special that his species don't normally have.

Also, I know Ash has had a stronger bond with Pikachu than any of his other Pokemon so seeing this happen to Greninja is just making us question which Pokemon really holds the best bond with him.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Greninja probably gets the "special treatment" because a. Pikachu is never going to evolve. So of course Pikachu would be out of the question. Talonflame is already fully evolved and he doesn't have as close a bond with Noibat yet.

Meanwhile Greninja is
    1. a Kalos Starter
    2. the most popular Pokemon he has

Remember that this sort of thing that's happening to Greninja is something that specifically happens in Kalos. It wouldn't make sense for Pikachu (or any of his other Pokemon for that matter) to "evolve" in this way with that in mind anyways. It really has nothing to do with the bonds he has with his other Pokemon, to be honest. You guys are thinking way too much into it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't see it being Shouta's. Nor do I see it just being some random Sceptile. First off, Charizard came back to help fight Team Plasma. And They are probably doing the same thing.

2nd, Team Flare does not use any pokemon who are not either Dark or Fire Types.

3rd, there is only 7 trainers in the posters. Lysadre, Alaine, Bonnie, Clemont, Serena, and Ash. And every single pokemon belongs to. And every single pokemon present is their own pokemon. Why include a random Sceptile if it doesn't belong to one of the 7 trainers. As far as I can remember, every pokemon, unless legendary or a main focus pokemon, belongs to one of the trainers on the cover.

This is the perfect time to bring Sceptile back to help fight Team Flare. Shouta isn't even in the poster, why include Souta's pokemon if he isn't even in the poster?

Years
  • I don't see it being Shouta's. Nor do I see it just being some random Sceptile. First off, Charizard came back to help fight Team Plasma. And They are probably doing the same thing.

2nd, Team Flare does not use any pokemon who are not either Dark or Fire Types.

3rd, there is only 7 trainers in the posters. Lysadre, Alaine, Bonnie, Clemont, Serena, and Ash. And every single pokemon belongs to. And every single pokemon present is their own pokemon. Why include a random Sceptile if it doesn't belong to one of the 7 trainers. As far as I can remember, every pokemon, unless legendary or a main focus pokemon, belongs to one of the trainers on the cover.

This is the perfect time to bring Sceptile back to help fight Team Flare. Shouta isn't even in the poster, why include Souta's pokemon if he isn't even in the poster?

1: that's six, not seven.
    2: Bonnie's not a trainer so she doesn't count.
    3: Lysandre and many team flare members use non-fire and dark types a lot. On his very team he has a mienshao and a gyarados (I know he mega evolves gyarados into a dark type, but he uses it in at least one battle before that where it doesn't mega) not to mention the fact that almost half of his grunts in the hq use at least one non-fire or dark type or none at all.
    Aside from that, I agree with everything else you said. I really want ash to use some of his older Pokémon again. For three series in a row he used many of them on different occasions, especially the leagues, but only used charizard again in b&w and he didn't even get used in the league.

Years
  • Given the Olympia arc and subsequent Gym Battle is on next week and the week after, I'm speculating this will be when Frogadier evolves because I know it's likely already a Greninja based on the XYZ series evidence. I do wonder if it will evolve before the episode where he gains Ash's physical features and unmatched power though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Does anyone notice that Both Serena & Clemont has a Kitten Pokemon ??
    May be, Ash should get himself a kitten as well.

Given the Olympia arc and subsequent Gym Battle is on next week and the week after, I'm speculating this will be when Frogadier evolves because I know it's likely already a Greninja based on the XYZ series evidence. I do wonder if it will evolve before the episode where he gains Ash's physical features and unmatched power though.

I doubt Ash-Greninja to have Unmatched Power , he seem more like a foil to prevent Ash from megevolving his Pokemon.
    But all Ash's Pokemon deserve their Megevolution and One Special Anime-exclusive Greninja can't take the away from them.
    If there going to be a few group of Trainer to process Megevolution then Ash should be one of them !!!

* All Ash Pokemon mean those who can megevolve !

Years
  • I'd like to see Serena's Eevee evolve into Sylveon and I'd like to see her catch a Bergmite.

I probably don't picture Bergmite as a Serena Pokemon, but I feel like something is telling me her Eevee may evolve into Sylveon, especially with how far she goes to protect it and keep it safe, as in forming a bond, like how you have to form a friendship-like bond in Pokemon Amie in the games to evolve it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I probably don't picture Bergmite as a Serena Pokemon, but I feel like something is telling me her Eevee may evolve into Sylveon, especially with how far she goes to protect it and keep it safe, as in forming a bond, like how you have to form a friendship-like bond in Pokemon Amie in the games to evolve it.

Who knows, maybe she's gonna have Avalugg as her powerhouse. I can see that happen hehe

Years
  • Who knows, maybe she's gonna have Avalugg as her powerhouse. I can see that happen hehe

I could also picture a moment where Pancham is taken by a Dark-type and tries to teach it to learn bad things, triggering Pancham into evolving. I figured that could be interesting considering it evolves when there's a Dark-type present in the party in the games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Given the Olympia arc and subsequent Gym Battle is on next week and the week after, I'm speculating this will be when Frogadier evolves because I know it's likely already a Greninja based on the XYZ series evidence. I do wonder if it will evolve before the episode where he gains Ash's physical features and unmatched power though.

Oh Also , There is no point of Greninja getting an alternate form if its ability still turn out to be "Torrent".
    Even a Ordinary or Mega Greninja with Protain ability will be better then Ash-Greninja.

Plus , Ash getting an Alternate Greninja is same as him catching a Rotom or Darmanitan.
    Both of them can change their form but that doesn't mean they can make up for Ash's lack of Megevolution.

Years
  • Oh Also , There is no point of Greninja getting an alternate form if its ability still turn out to be "Torrent".
    Even a Ordinary or Mega Greninja with Protain ability will be better then Ash-Greninja.

So you're saying a Pokemon can only be good in the anime if it only has the ability that makes it good in competitive battling? Remember that the anime is a completely different universe than the games so there are times that context from the games isn't taken into account.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    So you're saying a Pokemon can only be good in the anime if it only has the ability that makes it good in competitive battling? Remember that the anime is a completely different universe than the games so there are times that context from the games isn't taken into account.

No , I saying Ash-greninja won't be so Special if his ability turn out to be "Torrent".
    At least , "Protain" add new dynamic to be anime as Greninja change its type with every move.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • I was watching the new episode today and while i don't understand Japanese it seemed like they might of said the frogadier could mega evolve by everybody reaction then looking at frogadier

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I wonder if Ash can catch a Granbull as his first Fairy type Since its the only fairy type that doesn't look feminine.
    Off Course , There is Whimsicott who's both Grass & Fairy type.
    Unfortunately , Those 2 are also the most ignored pokemon! Sometime I forget that they exists.
    Spr_6x_210.png
    Spr_6x_547.png

FYI : I think Whimsicott make a better bride for Pikachu then Buunary & Eevee.
    Also , If Ash catchs a Granbull then it should be bigger then Clemont's Luxrey . Honestly , I prefer if Ash catchs a Big Granbull that can carry Ash on its back.

Years
  • Well at least the Quilladin that we've seen on merchandise is confirmed to not be Clemont's. What a relief.

I was watching the new episode today and while i don't understand Japanese it seemed like they might of said the frogadier could mega evolve by everybody reaction then looking at frogadier

That's not what was said at all...

Years
  • It's so funny I pretty much predicted Sylveon all along. But the question is, when will Eevee evolve during the XYZ arc?

Back