• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It's so funny I pretty much predicted Sylveon all along. But the question is, when will Eevee evolve during the XYZ arc?

Possibly in XY&Z008!
    Or may be , Serena loses next Tripokalon in XY&Z008 and Eevee train hard to make up for it therefore evolving into Sylveon.
    Man , I wish for a Pokemon & Doreamon crossover where Doreamon falls madly in love with Sylveon.

Anyway , Since Ash & Serena got ORAS Pokedex so I'm wondering if they going to catch Hoenn pokemon.
    Off course , Its would be cool if Ash catchs an aggressive Kirlia while May return with her own Kirlia for ORAS promotion.
    Ash wishes for a cool Gallade while May wishes for a Beautiful Gardevoir .
    But an accident will cause Ash's Kirlia to evolve into Gardevoir while May's Kirlia evolve into Gallade.
    It cause Max & Bonnie to brock into laughter because Ash & May got opposite of what they wanted.
    Think about it , If Ash catch a Gardevoir and Aegislash then he will finally have all the type pokemon in his collection.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Possibly in XY&Z008!
    Or may be , Serena loses next Tripokalon in XY&Z008 and Eevee train hard to make up for it therefore evolving into Sylveon.
    Man , I wish for a Pokemon & Doreamon crossover where Doreamon falls madly in love with Sylveon.

Anyway , Since Ash & Serena got ORAS Pokedex so I'm wondering if they going to catch Hoenn pokemon.
    Off course , Its would be cool if Ash catchs an aggressive Kirlia while May return with her own Kirlia for ORAS promotion.
    Ash wishes for a cool Gallade while May wishes for a Beautiful Gardevoir .
    But an accident will cause Ash's Kirlia to evolve into Gardevoir while May's Kirlia evolve into Gallade.
    It cause Max & Bonnie to brock into laughter because Ash & May got opposite of what they wanted.
    Think about it , If Ash catch a Gardevoir and Aegislash then he will finally have all the type pokemon in his collection.

We're already done with May, It's time for Iris to shine ;)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am seeing Serena to catch a Snorunt or getting a Hoenn starter. All the anime counter parts (May and Dawn) have caught starters that Ash has also owned. I thought Serena would catch a Treecko, and still possibly can, but I am not sure with Shota catching Treecko.

I see her catching a Snorunt near the Snowbelle. I am still not sure about Ash. He has already caught pokemon, but I am not sure he will catch one this time. I can see him coming closer to still catching Snover. However, I do not think we have yet to see a Bergmite still.

As for the scan on sylveon, it still looks fake, even if it is on Serebii. It would be in character bios if serebii was to think it was real.

Years
  • I barely see them catching any more pokemon at this point. It might just stay this way. Though I would like to be surprised and see them get more, I won't hold my breathe. But if they surprise us like how Charizard and Gliscor permanently returned to Ash then I'm all for it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    We're already done with May, It's time for Iris to shine ;)

Iris already has enough Shine after a Free Dragonite fall into her lap.
    The Last thing I need is her appearing to show her Dragonite.
    I rather prefer Zinnia to make her appearance since she's a better Dragon Master then Iris.
    Also , This came out--
    Spoiler:

Oh , I wish Ash Could get that Litleo!
    According to Pokedex entry , Pyroar would be dangerous fire type because its fiery breath is over 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit which hotter then the surface of the Sun.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ash-Greninja doesn't seem to have powerful attack .
    Cut , Aqua Jet and Water Shariken are low powered attack.
    Since Greninja is a Ninja so he should have all sort of Elemental attack since mythological Ninja can use various element like Fire, Thunder , Wood , Water etc etc.
    Plus , Ninja are known for Transforming and copying !
    Also , They are connected with Chi and Dragon So I believe Greninja should know Focus palm & Dragon Plus .
    It would be cool if Ash-greninja learn Copycat/Mimic.
    Also , I wish Ash-Greninja to learn "Sheer Cold" since it will match the destructive power of Charizard's "Blast burn".

Also , It seem the Anime hiding any spoiler about Ash's 6th pokemon.
    So , It feels like Ash's 6th pokemon will be some sort surprise .
    Specially , Since Coro Coro talk about Other New Pokemon beside Zygarde form.
    May be , Ash might catch a whole new Pokemon that haven't revealed yet.
    May be , Dunspree will reveal of have Alternate form , Evolution or Mega Evolution. That would explain why Ash wants to catch a Dunspree so much.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I barely see them catching any more pokemon at this point. It might just stay this way. Though I would like to be surprised and see them get more, I won't hold my breathe. But if they surprise us like how Charizard and Gliscor permanently returned to Ash then I'm all for it.

We still have a year and a half at least for PokemoN XYZ. This arc will probably last up until next year and end at the start of 2017 or end of 2016. I do not see them going so long without catching one even though they did it in Decora Arc.

Ash didn't catch Snorunt till after the 7th gym.
    Ash also didn't catch Gible until after the 7th gym if I am not mistaken.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After watching the trailer for the Litleo episode, it is possible that Litleo my go with Ash. This would give him another fire type, and would help against Wulfric greatly, however we have seen similar episodes to this in the past. By Litleo seems to be a great choice for Ash. Not to mention Ash hasn't caught a quadruped yet like he does in all of his teams. Unova he had boldore, so I guess that somewhat counts.

There can't be 2 males to a pride. So either Litleo goes off on his own with a female or he joins Ash. This still does not leave out a chance for additional pokemon. As I think most of his pokemon are fully developed personality wise.

I still hope he get Bergmite instead, although it is possible this upcoming episode will make Litleo become a better pokemon. Would love to see a Pyroar vs Pyroar battle between Lysandre and Ash.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • After watching the trailer for the Litleo episode, it is possible that Litleo my go with Ash. This would give him another fire type, and would help against Wulfric greatly, however we have seen similar episodes to this in the past. By Litleo seems to be a great choice for Ash. Not to mention Ash hasn't caught a quadruped yet like he does in all of his teams. Unova he had boldore, so I guess that somewhat counts.

There can't be 2 males to a pride. So either Litleo goes off on his own with a female or he joins Ash. This still does not leave out a chance for additional pokemon. As I think most of his pokemon are fully developed personality wise.

I still hope he get Bergmite instead, although it is possible this upcoming episode will make Litleo become a better pokemon. Would love to see a Pyroar vs Pyroar battle between Lysandre and Ash.

Ash isn't getting Litleo imo. He already has Talonflame and it's also too late for him to get a Litleo at this point. I'd rather have Clemont get one.

Years
  • Why would Ash get the Litleo? Ignoring type for a second, nothing implies that the Litleo will be caught: There's not a single piece of merchandise that hints at that happening even though merchandise is what has spoiled every capture in XY so far. :/

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • You can't say he isn't going to catch something based on type. He has 3 flying types and Talonflame is used more like a flying type, similar to how Hawlucha is used mainly as a fighting type. It isn't too late and I really don't understand why you are saying it is too late. At least 3 of his pokemon have been caught toward the end of the season.

As for the merchandise thing, did we have anything at all based on Noibat and Goodra? All we had on Goodra was a cake and I haven't seen Noibat have anything. Nor Hawlucha.

And as I said, it is just an idea. In the preview, he is holding Litleo and Litleo stands up to protect Ash and the others, walking into flames.

Hawlucha was spoiled from a manga book based on the first movie. Goodra was spoiled because of the cake that no one could ever buy. And Noibat was spoiled from the closing. Luxray was also spoiled from the cake.

I haven't seen much merchandise, so I may be missing stuff that same out. I know when a bunch of plushies came out, there was a Turtwig, Pikachu, Eevee and all Eeveelutions, Chespin, Bunelby, Pancham, Froakie, and Fennekin.

And also, there was something long ago when Pancham plush was revealed about a Litleo, however I have no proof of that.

Edit: So one of the two suggestion were right, he went off on his on. I am not yet going to say he is completely gone. It could still be like Sandile and he not be caught till halfway through the season when they change openings. They seemed to have a lot of dev time for Litleo in the episode, but I could just be hoping too much. I still kinda wish it is a bergmite or something he catches. On the side note, DANG Pyroar are huge!

Last edited:
    Years
  • As for the merchandise thing, did we have anything at all based on Noibat and Goodra? All we had on Goodra was a cake and I haven't seen Noibat have anything. Nor Hawlucha.

Goodra had toys even after the cake thing, as did Noibat and Hawlucha. In the case of Hawlucha, his toy was even categorized under a list of Ash's Pokemon on some Diancie movie toy scan a few months before he was caught, but ironically many people still tried to deny his capture despite the evidence. So I find it funny how nothing heavily implied Quilladin or Litleo being caught but people still thought it would happen, yet when we had proof of Hawlucha's capture, many people were skeptical. Odd how that works.

Years
  • Ash isn't getting Litleo imo. He already has Talonflame and it's also too late for him to get a Litleo at this point. I'd rather have Clemont get one.

Why would Ash get the Litleo? Ignoring type for a second, nothing implies that the Litleo will be caught: There's not a single piece of merchandise that hints at that happening even though merchandise is what has spoiled every capture in XY so far. :/

As Korpiklaani said, Talonflame is likely serving the purpose as Ash's Fire-type for the team and I feel like the team he has now might be what he'll stick with until the end. I also hope Clemont or Serena catch something new but then I still sense that it may not happen, although I do hope Serena's Eevee does evolve into Sylveon.

Anime Sucks

I'm thinking Ash's final capture will be a grass type to complete the usual grass-fire-water trio he usually has. I'm not opposed to it being something like Skiddo. It is pretty adorable.

Years
  • The main concern is this could end as the first saga that he doesn't catch a Grass-type in, especially when the only real candidates that other main characters haven't caught are Phantump and Skiddo.

Also, I wonder if Noibat's even going to evolve or not? I know Bulbapedia protected their page for Ash's Noibat claiming he may evolve soon, but I hope the evolution gets revealed soon because I'd love Ash to get another fully-evolved Dragon-type, but I guess that's because Goodra's time was far too short.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't know about Noibat anymore. I know that Noivern was on the poster of XYZ, but so was Mega Sceptile, who ended up being Shota... I forget his name, sorry.

The lack of Noibat being in any episode, annoys me, but at least he finally gets an episode early next year.

I am not positive they can wrap up the anime within the next year, so I am still saying it will end early 2017. But I could be wrong, so we still go plenty of time for him to get his last pokemon.

I to want Serena and Clemont to catch another pokemon. Clemont at least 1 more and Serena 2 more. I would love for Serena to get a full team, but not sure that will happen. I am still thinking that Serena will get a starter from Hoenn or Sinnoh. Mudkip, Hoenn wise, is the only one who hasn't made an appearance in XY. Torchic hasn't, but Blaziken has. And I don't see her getting a second fire type, or fire/fighting if Combusken.

Years
  • Ash: new Tropius pre-evo -> M-Tropius and M-Talonflame on rotation, Binacle -> Barbaracle, Kirlia (from Diantha), Honedge, Krookodile
    Serena: Delphox, Sylveon, Pangoro (Krookodile helps Pancham evolve), Skiddo, Rhydon, M- Roserade or Froslass to promote Z
    Clemont: Chespin, Diggersby, LuxrayChinchou, M-Gengar
    Wulfric gets M-Glalie, Diantha and M- Gardevoir, both trainers are on movie 19

Back