• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    yes, it makes sense that ash is gonna catch a litelo. didn't say he won't. BUT like i said im pretty sure he will get a hawulcha as well. look at the new mini movie and check for ur self ;)

It could be Korrina's Hawulcha or Serena's Or Clemont !
    Or may be a wild one ! We have multiple wild Pokemon showing up in Pikachu shot before.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    It could be Korrina's Hawulcha or Serena's Or Clemont !
    Or may be a wild one ! We have multiple wild Pokemon showing up in Pikachu shot before.

yes it does sound logical... but i'll stick with my opinion for now. we'll see what's gonna happen.
    and in other subject- what do u think of serena character?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    yes it does sound logical... but i'll stick with my opinion for now. we'll see what's gonna happen.
    and in other subject- what do u think of serena character?

This is a Capture/Evolution/Release thread so I only allow discuss Pokemon that I want Serena to catch .
    I want Serena to catch a Skkido instate of Ash because it fit her much better .
    Plus Ash seem much cooler riding a Pyroar while Serena look better riding a Skkido.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    This is a Capture/Evolution/Release thread so I only allow discuss Pokemon that I want Serena to catch .
    I want Serena to catch a Skkido instate of Ash because it fit her much better .
    Plus Ash seem much cooler riding a Pyroar while Serena look better riding a Skkido.

I'm pretty sure serena will catch slurpufff's first evolution

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I got a idea for a great capture episode-
    Ash catch a nasty Phantump who's been trapping people in the forest for its own enjoyment .
    The next episode , Ash's Phantump get switch with Jessie's Pumpkaboo .
    As Ash & Jessie look for their pokemon , Pumpkaboo & Phantump start bonding with them .
    Pumpkaboo got attracted to the friendly nature of Ash's team while Phantump was attracted to Jessie's nasty Personality .
    So when Ash & Jessie found each other , Pumpkaboo & Phantump refuse to go back .
    Ash & Jessie also doesn't want them to go .
    So Clemont suggest a solution , He brought out a Trading machine out of nowhere and suggest Ash & Jessie to trade their Pokemon.
    Serena ask Clemont ''Where do You keep all those stuff!''
    Ash & Jessie trade their Pokemon , But Jessie was planning on backstabbing and take both Pumpkaboo & Phantumb .
    Her new Phautumb evolve into a Trevenant at time .
    However Ash's new Pumpkaboo evolve into a Gourgeist and defect Trevenant with Wil-o-Wisp .
    At the end , Ash & co welcome Gourgeist on the team .
    As for Skiddo , I think it fit Serena better ! Plus she wasted her childhood learning Rhyhorn racing so she should use that knowledge on other pokemon.
    She can try to win Gogoat race.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • Hawlucha

LEAKED NEWS: Ash has captured a Hawlucha.

800px-Manga_Movie_17_11.png

Manga_Movie_17_4.png

Based on the Diancie movie manga scans plus the CoroCoro stuff, it seems as if this Hawlucha will be captured by Ash, making his Kalos team Pikachu, Fletchinder, Froakie, and Hawlucha.

What are your thoughts on this matter? What kind of moves do you think his Hawlucha should learn? What kind of use do you think it will see?

Trainer 781

It would be a very solid addition to his team. 2 quick birds in a single team can punch huge holes in the opposing team. It has a very high speed which suits ash' style. For moves, flying press for novelty as a signature move and illustrating a new concept of a dual type move. Hi jump kick, acrobatix and swords dance to be champion material.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't think we can follow this to be honest. Usually a pokemon that is captured by Ash, after the movie has been announced, it is not in the movie. Plus I have never seen anything like this before. It could just be my hatred to Hawlucha, but this manga, whatever it is, does make it look a bit better.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Manga_Movie_17_4.png

Based on the Diancie movie manga scans plus the CoroCoro stuff, it seems as if this Hawlucha will be captured by Ash, making his Kalos team Pikachu, Fletchinder, Froakie, and Hawlucha.

What are your thoughts on this matter? What kind of moves do you think his Hawlucha should learn? What kind of use do you think it will see?

You should post this at Capture/Evolution/Release thread instate of posting it here !
    And I'm serious pissed about Ash capturing Hawlucha !
    Because now capturing Fletchinder seem meaningless .
    Because Ash could have catch Litleo instate Fletchinder which evolve into Pyroar that seem much cooler ridable Pokemon that Gogoat ! Also Ash has plenty of Bird but he doesn't have any Pokemon that come close to a lion ,cat Or Dog .
    It seem that idiot responsible for most stupidity during BW series still haven't left the show and still forcing other to follow he/her stupid idea.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It could also be a typical pokémon Ash befriends during a movie and then says goodbye to. Like Sableye, Lucario, Shaymin, Keldeo etc.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • It could also be a typical pokémon Ash befriends during a movie and then says goodbye to. Like Sableye, Lucario, Shaymin, Keldeo etc.
    It seems like a catchable Hawlucha will be coming up in the anime soon, though, or so it seems based on that video (you may have to copy the URL, it's still not working for me). There's been speculation about it being captured, anyway, and it seems like it'll be by Ash.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So before this hits a month old, I want to revive this and say sorry for not believing in Hawlucha.

As of right now, this is his team, according to the new theme/opening if it is accurate.

Pikachu
    Froakie
    Flechider
    Hawlucha.

This gives Ash, 1 Elec, 2 Flying, 1 Water, 1 Fighting, and 1 Fire. (Counting double types.)

It looks like Ash may only catch new pokemon maybe 1 or 2 old. I am hoping he get at least 8 pokemon total, with him getting double types, he may have more. This is what else I am hoping he gets now.

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Honedge or Evos
    Dragalag or Goodra line (Unlikely, but he might still get one.)
    Treverent ( I am thinking he could catch this as a Treverent instead of Phantump sense you can get them in the wild in the games)
    Flygon or pre evos(This could just be a pokemon for him to catch for ORAS. Other than Lucarion, I have always wanted Ash to catch one of these.)

I kinda hope he does not catch a Bug type. As he has caught a few in the past, but I wouldn't mind it. Another thing I would love if he did was bring Gable back and evolve it into Gabite and maybe Pignite, Snivy and Oshawott to evolve. I really want him to catch a Ghost, Steel, and a Psy type. I would also love for him to bring Buizel back and evo it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I would forget the pain of Ash again losing his chance for a Lucario if This god damned Show ever bring back Primeape .
    Seriously , Ash had him for like only 2 episode.
    Plus , Didn't Anthony said he only going to train Primeape ? So Isn't it time for Ash to get him Primeape back.
    I wonder if there going to be a Mega Primeape in ''ORAS'' Or ''XY Remake'' ?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Manga_Movie_17_4.png

OMG YES! I'm so freaking happy! I was hoping that Ash would catch Hawlucha when I saw the new title after the Korrina plot~ I love this so much!

Because now capturing Fletchinder seem meaningless .

I fail to see your logic here. Ash has had multiple Pokemon of the same type before. Fletchinder/Talonflame is as easily replaced with Ash having a Litleo/Pyroar as it is with Hawlucha. Hawlucha aren't Pokemon capable of extended flight so Ash still has Fletchling for scouting as he tytpically uses all of his bird Pokemon.

I would forget the pain of Ash again losing his chance for a Lucario if This god damned Show ever bring back Primeape .
    Seriously , Ash had him for like only 2 episode.
    Plus , Didn't Anthony said he only going to train Primeape ? So Isn't it time for Ash to get him Primeape back.
    I wonder if there going to be a Mega Primeape in ''ORAS'' Or ''XY Remake'' ?
    Primape, like Butterfree, Pidgeot, Squirtle, and Lapras are Pokemon that were written out of the story completely. There isn't much of a chance of Ash going back to get those Pokemon especially since he has yet to even attempt to do so. They aren't forgotten, they were written out like bad soap opera villans.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    OMG YES! I'm so freaking happy! I was hoping that Ash would catch Hawlucha when I saw the new title after the Korrina plot~ I love this so much!

I fail to see your logic here. Ash has had multiple Pokemon of the same type before. Fletchinder/Talonflame is as easily replaced with Ash having a Litleo/Pyroar as it is with Hawlucha. Hawlucha aren't Pokemon capable of extended flight so Ash still has Fletchling for scouting as he tytpically uses all of his bird Pokemon.

Primape, like Butterfree, Pidgeot, Squirtle, and Lapras are Pokemon that were written out of the story completely. There isn't much of a chance of Ash going back to get those Pokemon especially since he has yet to even attempt to do so. They aren't forgotten, they were written out like bad soap opera villans.

Expect they were release in wild !
    Ash give Primeape to Anthony for Training like Charizard , Squirtle , Gliscor .
    And They came back .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well guys, Ash now has two pokemon that can Mega Evolve. Although I agree that none of his old pokemon will come back till the League, but maybe he can.

With the way the pokemon stuff is going at the moment, I would not be surprised if he brought back an old pokemon this early. Sceptile is the perfect pokemon to bring back now that it can Mega evolve and that we are getting remakes of RS.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Aw everyone forgets about Heracross tho. :<

I mean, he's got three that can immediately be used for MegaEvo- Heracross, Charizard, and Sceptile. Then there's three that can achieve Megas upon fully evolving- Gible, Bulbasaur, Squirtle (which is still technically his). But like what about Brock coming back with a Swampert? Or May, since she has Blaziken & Venusaur and potentially Blastoise (girl's got some powerhouses dang). I'd like some showing from Hoenn that isn't just Ash's old Pokémon.

also I would love to see Sceptile but if Ash is using Megas there's like a 300% chance he's using Charizard

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Oh wow.... forgot about Heracross lol. I guess it is because it is one of the few megas I don't like over the normal forms.

I would love to see May come back. Was talking to someone earlier that I would love to see another battle between Ash's Sceptile and May's Blaziken, along with Ash's Charizard vs a Mega Blaziken in Mega forms. But yeah I guess you are right. I just like Sceptile over Charizard most of the time. :P

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    also I would love to see Sceptile but if Ash is using Megas there's like a 300% chance he's using Charizard
    There are a couple factors that work against Satoshi's Lizardon, though. One is that the show has already introduced one character with a Mega Lizardon and will introduce another character with a Hitokage that could potentially become the other Mega Lizardon variant. Another is that Satoshi will eventually get a Hinoyakoma, whose typing makes his own Lizardon pretty redundant. And the biggest one is that the anime is going to want to promote the new features of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, one of the most notable being that Jukain and Laglarge now have Mega Evolutions of their own, and there's no one else we know of right now who has either one besides Satoshi. Lizardon obviously has a good chance of coming back should the anime decide to give Satoshi a Mega Evolution, since it's consistently been one of the few Pokemon the anime takes the time to remember, but I really think Jukain has a better one right now (and of course poor Heracross doesn't have a chance in hell).

And personally, while I love Satoshi's Lizardon, I also hope he gets Mega Jukain instead. I would much rather see it come back and take its place on Satoshi's team as the obligatory Grass-type Pokemon instead of going through the predictable process of seeing him catch a weak Meecle and spend an age waiting for it to evolve and get stronger, assuming that it ever does.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I mean they really seem to be pushing Charizard lately tho. It showed up in Epsiode N for no reason (not stopped by Pignite or Unfezant) and like everyone's got one and it's just all over the damn place. Someone mentioned before that we've mostly seen CharX; there's been a significant lack of CharY- maybe they're saving it for Ash? idk I'd love to believe in Sceptile but like Amourshipping, Charizard has just been shoved in our faces for the last however long.

Back