• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    Looks like Ash will have pokemon
    pikachu
    frokie>Frogadier (and may be) >Greninja
    Fletchling>Fletchinder> Talonflame
    Hawlucha

^ these are confirmed but i think Ash should also catch some of these
    Skiddo>Gogoat
    Tyrunt>tyrantrum or amaura>aurorus
    Goomy>Sliggoo>Goodra or may be Honedge>Doublade>Aegislash

Sorry to disappoint you guys but i think Ash won't be catching Pancham, Chespin (as Clemont already caught one same is case with bunnelby , Dedenne and Helioptile line), Frennekin, Scatterbug, litleo(since fletchling is gonna evolve to a fire type it is not possible at all), Flabébé, (or any other fairy type, who knows if writers got something new in their sleeves XD)Furfrou ( no way it is sereena who might get it) Espurr ( I can't say anything about it now but i can say no about it because ash never got psychic type before) Inkay( team rocket already got one same with Pumpkaboo, Phantump( maybe not) Klefki( maybe he will get one but i can say no about it), Carbink (NO), Sylveon (NO WAY) Clauncher(no since ash already got frokie), Skrelp ( i don't think He will get one like thsi one) Binacle ( may be not), Bergmite ( no) Noibat( it would be cool if he gets one)

Ash won't be catching pokemon from previous generations that can now mega evolve (as far as i'm concerned)
    But if he catches one he should catch Blaziken or Lucario
    But He won't

I said all of this based upon my experience of anime, You guys might have got more experience than me but I think this should happen in anime. Also I haven't played Pokemon x and y game yet so i do not know which pokemon sereena got in that game (Everyone knows She will not get same pokemon in anime as she got in the game since it has been happening in previous games)
    Ok please give me your feedback and correct me if i am wrong

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    Yea but I am sure Ash will not be catching Pokemon from previous gens no way. At least not before Kalos league.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    Ash for now will have 4 Pokémon:

Pikachu-Froakie-Fletchling/Fletchinder-Hawlucha.

This means that he has space for more 2 Pokémon (I doubt he will catch more like in the Unova series, since Ash getting more than six I see only as a reference of the original series).

The next two for me would be a grass type (Ash has/will get a fire-type and has a water-type, wouldn't be fair for the grass-type to be ignored by Ash) Also Skiddo/Gogoat which I would which is my favourite Kalos grass-type and thta's why the one I would love he to get, or Phantump since Jessie has a Pumpkaboo which both can trade with eachother and so both evolving. But I still would prefer Skiddo :P.

The last one is difficult I would say either Tyrunt or Bergmite but I would say Bergmite to copy a little the Hoenn series. (Ash got a Snorunt as the sixth Pokémon which is a ice-type too).

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    Ash should get a fossil pokemon this time or may be a psychic type because he already traveled 5 regions but still no psychic type. Well writers should figure out something about this and also a fairy type because they are cute and are immune to dragons :D

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    The new episode just aired and Fletchling didn't even appear in that episode. Fletchling won't evolve before the Diancie movie, so Fletchling would never evolve, ever, period.

Not to mention, none of Ash's Water-type Pokemon (bar Kingler) never evolved, hopefully Froakie would break the "Kingler Curse". It wouldn't be fair. His Bayleef, Sceptile, Torterra, and Pignite evolved from their previous forms, and since Chespin is Clemont's Pokémon, and Fennekin is Serena's Pokémon, Ash doesn't have much of a choice.

As a matter of fact, Ash doesn't have any Pokémon that can Mega Evolve. I suspect that he also catches a Houndour or Snover. Houndoom is the only Fire-type in Kalos that can Mega Evolve, and Abomasnow is the only Grass-type, other than Venusaur, that can Mega Evolve.

If Snover, he should catch a Litleo, and train it into a Pyroar, but if Houndour, I have no clue what he would catch, but it would probably be an Exeggcute or a Bellsprout, but I'm pretty sure it would be Litleo and Snover.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The new episode just aired and Fletchling didn't even appear in that episode. Fletchling won't evolve before the Diancie movie, so Fletchling would never evolve, ever, period.

Not to mention, none of Ash's Water-type Pokemon (bar Kingler) never evolved, hopefully Froakie would break the "Kingler Curse". It wouldn't be fair. His Bayleef, Sceptile, Torterra, and Pignite evolved from their previous forms, and since Chespin is Clemont's Pokémon, and Fennekin is Serena's Pokémon, Ash doesn't have much of a choice.

As a matter of fact, Ash doesn't have any Pokémon that can Mega Evolve. I suspect that he also catches a Houndour or Snover. Houndoom is the only Fire-type in Kalos that can Mega Evolve, and Abomasnow is the only Grass-type, other than Venusaur, that can Mega Evolve.

If Snover, he should catch a Litleo, and train it into a Pyroar, but if Houndour, I have no clue what he would catch, but it would probably be an Exeggcute or a Bellsprout, but I'm pretty sure it would be Litleo and Snover.

After 20 year , Game Freak finally create another non-legendary Big Cat Pokemon like Arcanine . It call Pyroar.
    And Ash lose the chance of catching it again . And This time he didn't even had to catch the Starter Fire Pokemon.
    I mean , If he going to catch a Hawlucha anyway then why ruin he chance with Litleo .
    Kid would go nut if Pyroar turn out to be Ridable and Ash occasionally ride on its back .
    But I guess Writer had to ruin that chance, Again .
    Worst part , Jessie will be catching a Litleo because Female Pyroar's mane is like Jessie hair .
    A good Pokemon like Litleo & Pyroar will be wasted on Jessie ! SERIOUSLY , WHY WASTING GOOD POKEMON ON HER ! IT NOT LIKE SHE GOING TO DO ANYTHING BESIDE STEALING POKEMON.
    I absolutely hate it when Good Marketable pokemon get wasted on Team Rocket .
    I wonder if Ash will have a Gogoat which happen to be next gym-leader's star Pokemon.
    But Gogoat is more Serena's type Pokemon .
    There no way Ash can afford 2 fire type when there only 70 new Pokemon.
    Unless Ash catch other Gen Pokemon like Snoover and send Fletchinder to Prof Sycamore lad while Hawlchua take its Place Therefore Ash affording to catch a Litleo and evolve it into a Pyroar .
    I mean , It would be a little UNFAIR if Prof sycamore's lad doesn't receive any Pokemon from Ash considering he's the third Prof to give Ash a Pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019

I'm starting to believe that you don't want Fletching to evolve to not become a fire-type and Ash catching a Litleo.
    Ash's Fletchling will evolve, just like all other of Ash's bird Pokémon who are the first in their generation's national dex order. (I don't see that trend to be broken at all).

After 20 year , Game Freak finally create another non-legendary Big Cat Pokemon like Arcanine . It call Pyroar.
    And Ash lose the chance of catching it again . And This time he didn't even had to catch the Starter Fire Pokemon.
    I mean , If he going to catch a Hawlucha anyway then why ruin he chance with Litleo .
    Kid would go nut if Pyroar turn out to be Ridable and Ash occasionally ride on its back .
    But I guess Writer had to ruin that chance, Again .
    Worst part , Jessie will be catching a Litleo because Female Pyroar's mane is like Jessie hair .
    A good Pokemon like Litleo & Pyroar will be wasted on Jessie ! SERIOUSLY , WHY WASTING GOOD POKEMON ON HER ! IT NOT LIKE SHE GOING TO DO ANYTHING BESIDE STEALING POKEMON.
    I absolutely hate it when Good Marketable pokemon get wasted on Team Rocket .
    I wonder if Ash will have a Gogoat which happen to be next gym-leader's star Pokemon.
    But Gogoat is more Serena's type Pokemon .
    There no way Ash can afford 2 fire type when there only 70 new Pokemon.
    Unless Ash catch other Gen Pokemon like Snoover and send Fletchinder to Prof Sycamore lad while Hawlchua take its Place Therefore Ash affording to catch a Litleo and evolve it into a Pyroar .
    I mean , It would be a little UNFAIR if Prof sycamore's lad doesn't receive any Pokemon from Ash considering he's the third Prof to give Ash a Pokedex.
    Arcanine is actually a Dog and not a Cat XD.

I don't think Ash will send a Pokémon to Syncamore at all. Like I said the only reason why I see Ash got more Pokémon than six in Unova was because they wanted to mimic the original series.

Also in the recently confirmed episode of XY Ash will meet a Trevenant, don't know if he will catch it, but I doubt it, because, main Grass, Fire and Water he had always in their basic form first. (Palpitoad wasn't his main water-type). Ash still can catch a Phantump and trade with Jessie's Pumpkaboo, but if it will not be the case probably skiddo will be his Grass-type. Of course he could not have a Grass-type at all but it would be unfai because he has a water-type and will get a Fire-type, so a Grass-type Ash should also have. The trend should only be broken if Ash makes spaces for three other types.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I think Ash will leave his Hawlucha at the Oak's lab very soon, as he did with Heracross in Jotho…then he will catch klefki, male espurr and phantump so he will have a pokèmon for each type…
    so his final team will be:
    pikachu
    greninja
    talonflame
    meowostic
    klefki
    phantump

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The trevanent episode is going to be questionable. I don't see Ash catching it, not this soon after Hawlucha. Maybe Serena or Clemont, though that is even more doubtful. It may just be a random encounter and befriending as usual.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm starting to believe that you don't want Fletching to evolve to not become a fire-type and Ash catching a Litleo.
    Ash's Fletchling will evolve, just like all other of Ash's bird Pokémon who are the first in their generation's national dex order. (I don't see that trend to be broken at all).

Arcanine is actually a Dog and not a Cat XD.

I don't think Ash will send a Pokémon to Syncamore at all. Like I said the only reason why I see Ash got more Pokémon than six in Unova was because they wanted to mimic the original series.

Also in the recently confirmed episode of XY Ash will meet a Trevenant, don't know if he will catch it, but I doubt it, because, main Grass, Fire and Water he had always in their basic form first. (Palpitoad wasn't his main water-type). Ash still can catch a Phantump and trade with Jessie's Pumpkaboo, but if it will not be the case probably skiddo will be his Grass-type. Of course he could not have a Grass-type at all but it would be unfai because he has a water-type and will get a Fire-type, so a Grass-type Ash should also have. The trend should only be broken if Ash makes spaces for three other types.

Arcanine is a Tiger that act like Dog !
    Also , Ash caught more then 6 pokemon before , There is no problem in catching more then 6 !

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    According to Bulbapedia "Arcanine is a quadruped, canine Pokémon with an orange pelt marked by jagged black stripes"

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    According to Bulbapedia "Arcanine is a quadruped, canine Pokémon with an orange pelt marked by jagged black stripes"

Bulbapedia also says that Arcanine is a Legendary Pokemon from China !
    But Arcanine isn't Legendary .
    Honestly , I used to believe Ash going to catch an Arcanine''
    Since , In the Opening Ash run with Arcanine & Rapidash .
    I actually waited the whole season to see Ash catching Arcanine.
    But Ash didn't caught one !
    Furthermore , He lose his chance of catching another Arcanine-like Pokemon . Is this a new Taboo??
    Also , Ash never caught 2 fire type at the same region !!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think the Trevanent will probably just be a random encounter. He could catch it, but as you said, I don't count on him catching it in such a short period of time, although it has happened in the past.

As for Fletchling never evolving, it is already confirmed that it will, at least once. Also, just because he already has a fire type going to be on his team, does not cancel out that he will not catch a Pyroar. Pyroar and Litleo have yet to show up, so it is very possible he will catch it still.

If he does catch Trevenent, which I doubt he will now, then I can see us going beyond 6 pokemon again. Which I would love, I just hope they all get a good show time.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Bulbapedia also says that Arcanine is a Legendary Pokemon from China !
    But Arcanine isn't Legendary .
    Honestly , I used to believe Ash going to catch an Arcanine''
    Since , In the Opening Ash run with Arcanine & Rapidash .
    I actually waited the whole season to see Ash catching Arcanine.
    But Ash didn't caught one !
    Furthermore , He lose his chance of catching another Arcanine-like Pokemon . Is this a new Taboo??
    Also , Ash never caught 2 fire type at the same region !!

Arcanine and Growlithe are both dogs.

Canine is part of Arcanine's name and Cats don't growl. Both are heavily based on canine looks and act like dogs in the anime. Arcanine was labeld Legendary as a Species name because of its outsanding speed if you've ever paid any attention to the Pokedex. He was never an actual Legendary Pokemon, it was a title given to it because it was said to be super fast in the first 150. They just never changed the name.

Ash has caught 2 Water types before. Ash has also caught multiple flying types before. As well as Normal types and a variety of other types. He's not limited to one per type.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    Arcanine is a Tiger that act like Dog !
    Also , Ash caught more then 6 pokemon before , There is no problem in catching more then 6 !

Since his design looks like a dog, he acts like a dog and growlths like a dog, I think I can assume it is a dog Pokémon. I don't think black stripes make it a tiger.

If Ash catches more than six Pokémon, than I believe to be only one or two more, releasing some to make space, don't believe he will store anyo Pokémon on Sycamore. But I doubt he will catch more than six since there are to few new Pokémon in Kalos.

I think the Trevanent will probably just be a random encounter. He could catch it, but as you said, I don't count on him catching it in such a short period of time, although it has happened in the past.

As for Fletchling never evolving, it is already confirmed that it will, at least once. Also, just because he already has a fire type going to be on his team, does not cancel out that he will not catch a Pyroar. Pyroar and Litleo have yet to show up, so it is very possible he will catch it still.

If he does catch Trevenent, which I doubt he will now, then I can see us going beyond 6 pokemon again. Which I would love, I just hope they all get a good show time.

I believe more in Phantump, the only reason I can see Ash catching one is to trade with Jessie's Pumpkaboo as staded before, Skiddo's cuteness and more friendly design suits Ash more.

And yes, Ash will get a Fletchlinder, and it will probably evolve into Talonflame. Also if Team Flare appears in the main anime against Ash, Lysandre probably will have a Pyroar as his signature Pokémon, which could be a reason why Ash didn't get one.

Also Ash having more than six Pokémon it is explained above as an answer to Famon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't see Team Flare appearing unless they have an Arc like they did with Team Plasma. Then again, Team Rocket isn't taking their spot by they way they act this season, so they might still pop up. I just think they would have made a cameo or at least mentioned by now.

Also, did the evil leader ever battle in the anime? Other than the doctors and co-leaders? I can't remember.

The reason I say he may catch a Trevenent is because you can catch one in the wild. If Ash's catches a Phantump, it will probably never evolve, but regardless I would be happy because he finally got a ghost type.

As for the 6 pokemon thing, for the most part, I agree, but remember there are a ton of pokemon that he hasn't caught still there, but he may not catch any old pokemon.

I would say he might catch 7 or 8 total, two or three being old pokemon, if he catches that many. He caught 7 total, counting Pika in Sinnoh, and there was about the same amount if you take all evolutions of older pokemon out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    I don't see Team Flare appearing unless they have an Arc like they did with Team Plasma. Then again, Team Rocket isn't taking their spot by they way they act this season, so they might still pop up. I just think they would have made a cameo or at least mentioned by now.

Also, did the evil leader ever battle in the anime? Other than the doctors and co-leaders? I can't remember.

The reason I say he may catch a Trevenent is because you can catch one in the wild. If Ash's catches a Phantump, it will probably never evolve, but regardless I would be happy because he finally got a ghost type.

As for the 6 pokemon thing, for the most part, I agree, but remember there are a ton of pokemon that he hasn't caught still there, but he may not catch any old pokemon.

I would say he might catch 7 or 8 total, two or three being old pokemon, if he catches that many. He caught 7 total, counting Pika in Sinnoh, and there was about the same amount if you take all evolutions of older pokemon out.
    Team Flare don't need to appear so soon, Team Galactic did only appear in episode 36 in the Diamond and Pearl series, Flare can appear later.

Also Team Plasma only got an own Arc because of an terrible Earthquake in Japan, witch cancelled the episode where the Team should have debuted in the Anime with their Black and White design. Instead they got an own season with their Black 2 and White 2 design.

Only Giovanni has showed his Pokémon but still Pyroar looks like a Pokémon designed for Lysandre.

And with Ash catching old Pokémon the only reason I can see for it is for Mega-evolution, and the only ones I can see for it are Riolu or Lucario. For Mega-evolution he has already Charizard, Heracross, Sceptile, and can even evolve Gible for it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Since his design looks like a dog, he acts like a dog and growlths like a dog, I think I can assume it is a dog Pokémon. I don't think black stripes make it a tiger.

If Ash catches more than six Pokémon, than I believe to be only one or two more, releasing some to make space, don't believe he will store anyo Pokémon on Sycamore. But I doubt he will catch more than six since there are to few new Pokémon in Kalos.

Dog doesn't have red & black stripes with them. Just like I said , Arcanine is a Tiger with personality of a Dog .Luxrey act like Dog as well but are you call them Dog ?
    Also , Paul's main Pokemon was Torterra but it didn't stop Ash's Turtwig to evolve all the way to Torterra .And there were a lot people like you believe Turtwig will not evolve .
    So There no point in stopping Ash for getting a Pyroar just because Lysendre has one.
    Furthermore , No other villainous boss accept Giovanni & J reveal their Pokemon ! All they did was giving order !
    Believe me , I have waiting for a simple villainous ark where Ash save the world by beating the Boss of the Evil team .
    Plus , Lysandre's main pokemon is obviously his Mega Gyarados ! Just because his hair is like Pyroar's mane doesn't mean Pyroar going to be his main Pokemon.
    Also , 2 bird in the main team make Ash's kalo team boring ! I believe a team with 6 Totally different Pokemon is more creative & Interesting .
    Plus its unfair is Prof Sycamore doesn't get any Pokemon from Ash.
    Dawn got Cydaquill during HGSS release But the Anime can't do that will Serena & Clemont since May & Brock got Torchic & Mudkip so it become a little boring.
    But the Anime can give Ash a Gen III Pokemon for megevolution . He didn't caught a 6th pokemon during Hoenn.
    Off course , People interest will die out after Ash catchs his 5th Pokemon in Kalo & rating will drop ever more.
    By the way , None of us ever discuss about the Move Ash & Other's pokemon will have .
    Evolution/Capture/Release thread are for discussing Move at Bulbagarden & Serebii.
    I think
    Hawlucha should have-
    -Stone Edge
    -Acrobatic
    -Power up punch/Steel Wing
    -High jump Kick.

Back