• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I wouldn't say "everyone" has one. We have Alan with Mega Lizardon X, and that's really it (Red doesn't count since The Origin isn't canon to the XY anime). It's definitely possible that Satoshi ends up with Mega Lizardon Y and I'm certainly not ruling that out, but I will also note that the new opening has Trova with a Hitokage. In the XY games the point of getting one of those Pokemon was that you'd eventually Mega Evolve them, so there's also a good chance that's what the anime is going for. Trova could debut Mega Lizardon Y, freeing up Satoshi to advertise Mega Jukain and the brand new Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire games, which I imagine is going to be more relevant to the writers. Because when you think about it, Lizardon and its two Mega Evolutions have already been out for a while now and the anime is all about promoting whatever the newest thing is.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • "like everyone" is pretty casual terminology lmao. they hella common for something supposedly rare and powerful, whatever. Origins may not be canon but he's still an Ash counterpart and still had CharX in an animated Pokémon production.

It all really depends on how integral Trevor is to the story, really. If we're meeting him with Charmander, it's going to be a damn while before he gets a MegaZard. And are we going to watch him do the whole "journey to MegaEvolution" thing? That'd just be a rehash of what Korrina's arc is, would it not? idk man. Also Ash would have to bring back Sceptile and like, do work on their ~bond~ and that. And would bringing Sceptile in give him like way too much of an advantage over the gyms he's currently hitting up? idk man it's just like. If any of that is going to happen it's not going to be for a long while. I suppose the point where he could feasibly bring in Sceptile without causing a huge imbalance would be around the point of when ORAS is coming out, so it might work... who knows man. im rambling lol

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    With the biggest Mega Evolution plot not focusing on Ash, I think its safe to saw Ash won't be using Mega Evolution anytime in the near future.

I mean 4 to 5 episodes dedicated to mega Evolution and its for a gym leader that Ash will probably beat without her using it against him. (Hawlucha FTW)

The side series and another sub character focusing on Mega Evolution as their entire shtick seems to point to Mega Evolution not being a central focus for the Anime outside of side character.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I don't think anyone expects Satoshi to get a Mega Evolution right now when he still has six more badges to get, I'm just speculating on the future. But you do touch on a good point: there's no guarantee Satoshi even gets a Mega Evolution at all. It could be that the Mega Evolution side arc and the current storyline in the anime are the show's way of advertising that part of the game without having to give one to any of the main characters - and if he does get one it won't come until either right around the Kalos League, or safely after he inevitably loses it. Of course that would personally annoy me (do we always have to wait 100+ episodes for Satoshi to start getting strong Pokemon?), but that is the way the series works.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't think anyone expects Satoshi to get a Mega Evolution right now when he still has six more badges to get, I'm just speculating on the future. But you do touch on a good point: there's no guarantee Satoshi even gets a Mega Evolution at all. It could be that the Mega Evolution side arc and the current storyline in the anime are the show's way of advertising that part of the game without having to give one to any of the main characters - and if he does get one it won't come until either right around the Kalos League, or safely after he inevitably loses it. Of course that would personally annoy me (do we always have to wait 100+ episodes for Satoshi to start getting strong Pokemon?), but that is the way the series works.

That would depend on your definition of Strong.

If you view it as Pokemon like Charizard, Sceptile, or other fully evolved, then yes cause that takes time.

I view strong as Pokemon capable of holding their own well enough. Like Ash's Snivy from BW or Gible from DP.

Hawlucha seems to be a pretty good powerhouse for Ash and actually fits in with his fast and acrobatic battle theme. So I would say we're going to get Ash with a fairly strong Pokemon in less than 100 Episodes~

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My reasoning for bringing Sceptile up was because Ash does not yet have a grass type and it would be out of character for him to catch a Treverent, but he has done it in the past. And to be honest, I don't think the season would be complete without Ash having at least one or two Mega battles. But who knows? Not even the makers of the anime I don't think.

He could catch a Skiddo or Gogoat, but that would leave him with yet another pokemon that a gym leader has. If Ash doesn't catch a Skiddo after the third gym, I don't think he will.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I think it is still pointless for Ash to catch Hawlchua . Its like having 2 froakie in One team
    It will only make point if Ash catch more then 5 pokemon Or he will trade Hawlchua in future
    If Hawlchua moved like a Gust of wing then it would be worth catching.

My reasoning for bringing Sceptile up was because Ash does not yet have a grass type and it would be out of character for him to catch a Treverent, but he has done it in the past. And to be honest, I don't think the season would be complete without Ash having at least one or two Mega battles. But who knows? Not even the makers of the anime I don't think.

He could catch a Skiddo or Gogoat, but that would leave him with yet another pokemon that a gym leader has. If Ash doesn't catch a Skiddo after the third gym, I don't think he will.

Ash could just catch Gourgeist because Jessie's Pumpkaboo won't evolve without a trade .
    There are people who think Ash might catch a Snover or Abomasnow for Megevolution.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    Ash's Future Kalos Team (Opinion Based) (Spoilers Contained)

> = Evolves
    X = Replaced

#1:
    Pikachu
    Opinion Changes:
    May re-learn Volt Tackle
    May re-learn Thunder

#2:
    Fletchling > Fletchinder > ??????
    Opinion and Fact Changes:
    Fletchling has evolved into Fletchinder in CoroCoro
    May be released later in the season when I get to the next pokemon.

#3:
    (Spoiler and Opinion) Hawluncha (Spoiler)
    Will be obtained
    Might replace Fletchinder so Ash gets his first Fighting type (STARAPTOR IS NOT A FIGHTING TYPE!!)

#4:
    (Opinion)
    Froakie > Frogadier > Greninja X Charizard; Obtains Charizardite X
    Opinion Changes:
    Froakie gets to final evolution
    Gave to Professor Oak
    Syncamore sees Ash introducing him Lysandre, Tireno, Trevor and Shauna
    Syncamore gives him Mega Ring & Charizardite X

#5:
    (Opinion)
    Sceptile
    Opinion Changes:
    Professor Syncamore discovers Sceptilite.
    Ash tells Syncamore he has a Sceptile.
    Retrieves Sceptile from Oak.
    Retrieves Sceptilite.

#6:
    (Opinion)
    Amoura > Aurorus
    Opinion Changes:
    Enters a fossil Contest named "Battle of the Fossils."
    Victory Prize is Sail Fossil A.K.A Amoura
    Finals
    He almost loses to Serena
    Serena's Fennekin evolves
    Ash sees fossil falling
    Ash saves it
    Finishes battle
    Loses
    Gaven by Serena
    Revived when returns to Stonehenge after hearing about Team Flare
    Stops by Couramine
    Fossil revives.

Hope You Agree!!!
    1 Potato for dis post poke-fanatics!!!
    :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    #3:
    (Spoiler and Opinion) Hawluncha (Spoiler)
    Will be obtained
    Might replace Fletchinder so Ash gets his first Fighting type (STARAPTOR IS NOT A FIGHTING TYPE!!)

You just made Primeape, Heracross, Infernape, Pignite, and Scraggy cry. Ash has caught and owned 5 Fighting types and is moving onto his sixth.

#4:
    (Opinion)
    Froakie > Frogadier > Greninja X Charizard; Obtains Charizardite X
    Opinion Changes:
    Froakie gets to final evolution
    Gave to Professor Oak
    Syncamore sees Ash introducing him Lysandre, Tireno, Trevor and Shauna
    Syncamore gives him Mega Ring & Charizardite X

Ongoing history of Ash never evolving his Water starter. Doubtful Froakie is an exception. Probably won't be seeing Charizard again this season since he already played a part in B/W. Ash isn't getting any involvement in mega stones anime wise. They are being given to minor characters as the main focus. With how the anime is currently treating Megas, Ash won't be getting one.

Ash has already passed up his chance of the Fossil Pokemon Amura. I don't think the writers will ever willing give Ash a Fossil. At this point its also a safe assumption that none of Ash's previous Pokemon will be returning until the major part of the region is done. So similar to Charizard's reappearence in B/W series, none of Ash's oldies will return until the sub arc after the main tournament.

I can see Ash catching some older Pokemon that exist in Kalos, but the writers tend to focus on the new Pokemon each region and only bring Ash's old Pokemon back as memory lane trips after the main story is over for filler.

Hawlucha was one I was hoping Ash would catch and he is so I'm very happy with this. I will keep saying it cause Hawlucha is ♥. Carbink, Bergmite, and Noibat are the only other ones I hope Ash catches. Serena...at this point I don't know if she'll bother to catch anything. Would love to see the Fairies move away from their poster child Bonnie. Maybe a Klefki would be good for her.

They'll eventually have to bring in some older Pokemon for them to catch since they've already gone through a large chunk of what's available through the Kalos only Pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Looks like Noibat is being passed up since they're debuting and he normally (not saying always) getsPokemon on the episode they debut in particularly new region Pokemon. However, I can definitely see him with a Bergmite and that's one that I am really hoping he'll get. a Carbink would be cute too and I can see him with one. But other than that I won't be surprised if they bring old-gen Pokemon back at this rate. That or he makes some surprise catch with a Pokemon we've already seen or one I don't see him getting.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Looks like Noibat is being passed up since they're debuting and he normally (not saying always) getsPokemon on the episode they debut in particularly new region Pokemon. However, I can definitely see him with a Bergmite and that's one that I am really hoping he'll get. a Carbink would be cute too and I can see him with one. But other than that I won't be surprised if they bring old-gen Pokemon back at this rate. That or he makes some surprise catch with a Pokemon we've already seen or one I don't see him getting.

I don't see any episode details about a Noibat. When is it supposed to debut? Last episode reveal I saw showed Hawlucha.

Oh in the last Korrina arch episode. Wouldn't really call that a major debut since it doesn't revolve around Noibat. But I see what you are saying.

Kinda bummed Neither Ash nor Serena caught a Skrelp.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah. It's not a major debut but it's the pokemon debut for that episode, I believe. Personally though I would love to see him get a Noibat too so I guess we'll just see.

Same. Though I guess in hindsight it's a good thing they didn't plan that since the episode was canceled.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honestly , I think its a waste to give Ash a Hawlucha if Ash can only afford 5 pokemon in this region .
    To me , Hawlucha is just a bad attempt to combined A bird head & wing with a Wrestler chest and Babies feet .
    Even this look more like a real Flying/Fighting Bird Pokemon-
    cawmodore_by_quanyails-d6y2cnh.gif

Ash always catchs a Flying Fire , Grass , Water and a random type in even region.
    However Since Fletchling evolve into a fire type , It along took the slot for Flying & fire type .
    So Ash has 2 slot for 2 random Pokemon So Ash could have caught 2 brand type he doesn't have . But Hawlucha ruined it.
    Unless Ash catch's an Aegislash that part Steel & Ghost type.

Off Course , I would gave Ash a talking Aegislash who curious about Human. It explained various thing about Pokemon while learning about Human from Ash. I would made its character more like Whisper (Youkai Watch).

Imagine Ash & Aegislash arguing with one another . Ash hardly ever had ''Love & Hate'' relationship with a Pokemon since it would need higher communication.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Upon viewing the newly announced titles, it's safe to say that my predictions are going to be right...

Other than the obvious Pikachu, and the soon capture of Hawlucha, his team will be set in stone.

Froakie will evolve into Frogadier sometime before the premier of the 18th movie, and there doesn't seem to be enough episodes to have a 19th Season in America, making it appear that Greninja won't appear until Gen 7...

Fletchling won't evolve at all. I don't care about there being a Fletchinder in the Opening Animation instead of a Fletchling. Fletchling can't evolve. The evolution conditions for Fletchling to evolve into a Fletchinder, is if the Fletchling in question is hatched from an egg.

Ash could capture a Litleo to make up for this, and evolve it all the way up to a Pyroar. It's the only other Fire-type in the Kalos dex that would suit Ash well enough that he doesn't already have.

Last, the capture of a Snover/Abomasnow will bridge the gap, since Abomasnow is the only grass-type Pokémon other than Venusaur that is capale of Mega Evolution, and Ash doesn't have ANY Pokémon capable of this...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Upon viewing the newly announced titles, it's safe to say that my predictions are going to be right...

Other than the obvious Pikachu, and the soon capture of Hawlucha, his team will be set in stone.

Froakie will evolve into Frogadier sometime before the premier of the 18th movie, and there doesn't seem to be enough episodes to have a 19th Season in America, making it appear that Greninja won't appear until Gen 7...

Fletchling won't evolve at all. I don't care about there being a Fletchinder in the Opening Animation instead of a Fletchling. Fletchling can't evolve. The evolution conditions for Fletchling to evolve into a Fletchinder, is if the Fletchling in question is hatched from an egg.

Ash could capture a Litleo to make up for this, and evolve it all the way up to a Pyroar. It's the only other Fire-type in the Kalos dex that would suit Ash well enough that he doesn't already have.

Last, the capture of a Snover/Abomasnow will bridge the gap, since Abomasnow is the only grass-type Pokémon other than Venusaur that is capale of Mega Evolution, and Ash doesn't have ANY Pokémon capable of this...

Sorry , But it already reveal in the opening that Ash's Fletchling with evolve into Fletchinder !
    I would like If Ash catch a Carbink that mutated into a Diancle later.
    Ash should have atleast one super rare of Pokemon .
    Starter aren't that Super rare because every trainer get to receive one starter .
    But I want Ash to have super rare Pokemon Like Lucario which only few people has .
    Because Pokemon is about collecting .
    Satoshi Tejij created Pokemon So Kids could experience the fun of Collecting Bug .
    Pokemon main point isn't adventure , Its main point is Collecting Pokemon.
    And when you collecting something , You want the most super rare one in your collection.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Well I think the evolution thing is a fraud, seeing as Ash will battle another Trainer's Talonflame is an upcoming Episode. Besides, Ash's Fletchling wasn't an egg before capture, wasn't it?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • @^ ok sir please pause if you are not trolling I would like to inform you that all Pokémon hatch from eggs and there is no Pokémon in existence has the evolution requirement of having been in your possession as an egg. If you are trolling imma ask you to please not because that's not conducive to any kind of discussion thx

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Honestly , I think its a waste to give Ash a Hawlucha if Ash can only afford 5 pokemon in this region .
    To me , Hawlucha is just a bad attempt to combined A bird head & wing with a Wrestler chest and Babies feet .
    Even this look more like a real Flying/Fighting Bird Pokemon-
    cawmodore_by_quanyails-d6y2cnh.gif

Ash always catchs a Flying Fire , Grass , Water and a random type in even region.
    However Since Fletchling evolve into a fire type , It along took the slot for Flying & fire type .
    So Ash has 2 slot for 2 random Pokemon So Ash could have caught 2 brand type he doesn't have . But Hawlucha ruined it.
    Unless Ash catch's an Aegislash that part Steel & Ghost type.

Off Course , I would gave Ash a talking Aegislash who curious about Human. It explained various thing about Pokemon while learning about Human from Ash. I would made its character more like Whisper (Youkai Watch).

Imagine Ash & Aegislash arguing with one another . Ash hardly ever had ''Love & Hate'' relationship with a Pokemon since it would need higher communication.

Hawlucha is not a wasted capture. If you don't like Hawlucha then leave it at that and stop using horrible logic to complain about something so idiotic. Hawlucha fits Ash's Persona perfectly. Its a Hard hitting speedy Pokemon which is the type Ash usually prefers using. Its the perfect Pokemon for Ash. You don't like Hawlucha. That is all you need to say and leave it at that point. Not drag it up ever few days like scratching a festering wound like you always do with B/W.

As for type correlation he has caught MULTIPLE Pokemon of the same types in other regions. He had 2 Flying Types in Kanto, 3 if you count Butterfree. He used two Grass types in Johto, Bulbasaur and Chikorita until Bulbasaur was sent to Professor Oak. He had 2 Poison types in Kanto as well as 2 Water types.

He had 2 Flying types in Sinnoh, 2 ground types in Sinnoh. 2 Water Types, 2 Grass Types, 2 Fighting types, 2 Dark types in Unova. He can do with two Flying types in Kalos since Hawlucha and Fletchling have two greatly different strategies they can do. He can catch other Water, Fire, and Fighting types later on as well.

If memory serves your last prediction was wrong. Why would this one be right?

Little known fact about the Anime that still holds true to today. Ash has not evolved any of his Water Starter Pokemon. So under what basis can you make a prediction that Froakie will evolve when Squirtle, Totodile, and Oshawott haven't evolved?

I'm wondering if you've ever watched the Anime before today or have played the game? Fletchling evolves at level 16. There are no other requirements. If Ash has an evolved form in the Opening of the Anime, then that means that while that opening is valid, Ash's Fletchling will evolve. This is how we found out Tepig would only evolve into Pignite and that Ash would get a Krookodile. The Opening contains spoilers for the Anime. Always has always will.

I will argue that no Pyroar doesn't really fit in with Ash's persona. Its a great Pokemon, but its a Majestic, Noble Pokemon that relies of brute force and power, while Ash's usual strategies revolve around extremely quick Pokemon that can hit hard. He can adapt to other type of Pokemon that aren't up to his speed, but they don't match his usual style of battle and tend to not last as long as his quick hitters or do as much in the key moments of a battle. while it would be a pretty cool choice for Ash, it doesn't complement him as a trainer.

While it also doesn't fit, I agree with Famon on Aegislash, however I feel it was a missed opportunity to be found wild unless they bring in an anime only area. I don't know if Ash would get it all the way to Aegislash though. Doublade may be as far as Ash can take it. He's never evolved a Stone evolving Pokemon.

I don't see Ash getting a Snover. I don't see Ash getting Mega Evolutions either. They tend to stay away from giving Ash things like these. I can see Ash with a Panthump and Skiddo. I'd go out on a limb and say an old Grass type that he hasn't caught yet makes sense, though he doesn't have to catch a Grass type if the writers deem it so for this region. Grass is a staple type so I'm sure he will when the time comes for it, like maybe when he goes into the swamp area or when he fights against the Grass Gym leader.

Back