• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Yet Another) Writer's/Artist's Club

Years
    Oh I see!

Since you know what Green looks like, here's Yellow:

And Here's Green:

Though a lot of people want Yellow with Red...(not a lot actually...:P)

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Feh, who cares about Red. From what I've seen of Pokemon Special, he's as much of an idiot as Ash is on the show. He doesn't deserve Yellow.

Years
    Actually, Red's more smarter that Ash since he becomes older in the G/S/C volumes and in the FR/LG volumes. I favor Red over Ash but I favor Green over Red.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Please Read Before Submitting Any More Fanworks!!

Hey Takai (or The Adamant Dodger if you prefer),
    I just finished reading the first chapter of your fic, "From One Vampire to Another", and I like where it's going. I'm writing one very similiar to it called "Never Say Die", and continued in "Sleeping Beauty", "Yesterday's Years", and "Fallen Angel". But one major difference in mine is that its more centered on Team Rocket than yours is. Your story's pretty good; I don't see any reason why it wouldn't get published. I like to judge whether a story makes it in based mainly on the characterizarions, and yours seem pretty good.

Okay, I probably should have posted this way earlier, but here are the rules and the format for sending in fanworks;
    -No graphic sexual scenes (or hentai for artists)
    -No over PG13 violence or language
    -Any cursing or swearing must be used in good taste and moderation

And when you send in your works, please include,
    Your penname
    Name of your story
    chapter of your story
    Genre of the ANIME OR MANGA it is based on
    Genre of the story itself (i.e SF-science fiction, DD-RPG type, R-romance, H-horror,P-historical,SH-ninja, martial arts, C-comedy, M-Crime/Thriller,N-soap/everyday life,T-based on true story, V-ultra-violent,W-war, A-adventure, U-suitable for kids) PLEASE NOTE:you may use more than one of these genre to describe your story)

Stories are sorted into sections based on the anime/manga they are based on, NOT the genre of the story. This is very important, because if you send your story to the wrong editor, they will immediatly delete it from their mailbox.

I know this is a long post, but bear with me guys.
    These are the divisions of the fanworks sections

Horror
    -Witch Hunter Robin(A)
    -Petshop of Horrors(M)
    -Vampire Princess Miyu(A)

Comedy/Drama
    -Ranma 1/2(A)
    -Heat Guy J(A)
    -Kaleido Star(A)
    -Rave Master(A/M)
    -Gundam Wing(A)

Sci Fi/Fantasy
    -Escaflowne(A)
    -Last Exile(A)
    -Angel Sanctuary(A/M)
    -Wolf's Rain(A)

Romance
    -Wedding Peach(A)
    -Shutterbox(M)
    -DNAngel(M)
    -Kill me, Kiss me(M)
    -Sea Prince and the Fire Child(A)

Action/Adventure
    -Fullmetal Alchemist(A/M)
    -Fullmetal Panic(A)
    -Big O(A)
    -Inuyasha(A)
    -Escaflowne(A)

Children's/Multigenre/Other
    -Teen Titans(A)
    -Pokemon(A/M)
    -Dragonball/Z/GT(A)
    -Saiyuki(A/M)
    -Cowboy Bebop(A/M)

Video Game based works (see later post)

Now, Here are the editors of each section

ChunkyHunkeyMunkey
    Sean
    Firefly- [email protected]
    Fairy
    Oni Flygon- [email protected]
    Rose Flame- [email protected]
    Takai(The Adamant Dodger)- [email protected]

Since not all of the editors have given me permision to post their e-mail address' here, for the time being, just send me the works inteneded to go to editors who so not have their adresses here. Just make sure to put "Animelee:to <editor's name> <genre of anime/manga work is based on>"
    Got it? Otherwise, just send your work to the appropriate editor. If you have any questions, feel free to ask ^_^

One more thing; since everything is color coded, I'll do all my posts in red from now on, just to avoid any confusion. ;)

EDIT;
    I have a lot of errands to run tomarro, so I may not get a chance to post; that's why I'm adding a second post onto this already very long one. Well, anyway, here are some subjects we could use for today's posts (if you want to ^_^);

Do you have any online friends who are writers or artists? If so, why not invite them to join our club?

What's your favorite perspective to use when writing; first person, second person, or third person (and if third person, do you prefer Omniscience or Limited Omniscience)?

Also, I was thinking;why don't we do one of those chain stories for practice? You know, where one person starts it and we all add a little bit; they're really good practice. Any volunteers to start?
    (oh, and to keep it from getting confused with regular posts, why don't we do it in a different color, say
    Lime Green ?

Last edited:

~Ozy~

Years
    Quite clear, that. One suggestion, though. Might I suggest adding game-based fanfics. I'm working on an EV: Nova one that's turning out surprisingly well. I could compile a fairly good genre list or that if you wanted me to.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    I hadn't thought about a game-based section, but it is a good idea; unfortunately, we're running out of colors and editors. I don't think anyone who's an editor on staff right now plays games enough to be able to edit a section based entirely on games. Oni was going to be our only online editor, but, I suppose, if you want to do a gamebased section, you could have those stories sent to you for editting before they are sent to us for publication. What do you think; are you up for it? If you're not, you could still send the genre list you spoke of, though I doubt I'll recognize many of the titles. But I'll forward it to CHUNKEYHUNKEYMUNKEY; she dabbles in video games a bit.

~Ozy~

Years
    I'm a huge gamer, I'll gladly do the editing thereof. I definately wouldn'y mind doing it, I'm as much an editor as a writer. Which leads one to wonder if I hate myself. Anyway, if you still want a genre list (and for anyone who might be thinking along the lines of a VG fic), here's a prelim (but this is by no means exclusive, just use it as a general guide):

Horror:
    Resident Evil
    Manhunt
    Eternal Darkness

S-F/RPG:
    Final Fantasy series (Excepting Tactics and Tactic Advance)
    Grandia series
    Any Star Wars game
    Symphonia series
    Escape Velocity series
    Starfox series
    Zone of the Enders series
    Pokemon
    Any MMORPG's *sigh*

Action/Adventure:
    Legend of Zelda series
    Mario series
    Sonic series
    Metroid series

War:
    Halo
    Splinter Cell
    Metal Gear
    Ace Combat series
    Air Force Delta series
    C&C and RA series
    Advance Wars series
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    Tactics Ogre series
    Fire Emblem series

Simulation:
    The Sims
    Sim City
    Harvest Moon
    Animal Crossing

Other:
    Stadium and Colleseum games
    Pokemon Channel
    Anything that doesn't seem to fit into the above catagories

Last edited:

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Great! That's quite a list you've compiled; the only left to do for that, then, is to give it a color, since everything is color coded and all. Let's see...which would you prefer; Black or Orange? (those are really the only distinct colors left; if you can think of a different color that we haven't used, that's fine too ^_^)
    So, how will you be recieving fanworks? You could post your e-mail here, or I could just forward any works that I recieve that belong in your genre to you. (some of the other editors are considering this because they don't want spam). It's your choice.

And here's a list of all members so far (there are an additional fifty who pre-regstered at school before the summer started, but they have yet to choose usernames/pennames, so they're not listed here)

Rose Flame........................President/Editor of Red section
    CHUNKEYHUNKEYMUNKEY.....Vice President/Editor of Blue section
    Fairy................................Secretary/Editor of Pink section
    Sk8terboi..........................Treasurer
    Sean................................Librarian/Editor of Yellow section
    Firefly...............................Webmistress/Editor of Green section
    003..................................Webmaster
    Oni Flygon.........................Editor of Purple section
    The Adamant Dodger(Takai)..Editor of Black section
    Mew13..............................Author
    Cabbage(formerly jellie)........member
    blue..................................member

If the member's info is in navy, they are other members of the pokecommunity, if their info is in dark green, you can contact them through me.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

Years
    I'll take a simple black. I don't like using colors all that much. Anyway, I'll just have authors e-mail them to me. My adress is [email protected].

Additionally, I should have chapter 1 of a crossover romance in by the end of next week. Just a heads-up. Beginning on the 22nd I'll be gone for two weeks, although I might be able to have occasional internet access, although I don't know how much or for how long.

One last thing, I might be able to collect some intrested people at my school, so tell me if you would like a follow-through on that.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Ok, I'll also put your e-mail address with the others on that really long post that has the instructions for submitting fanworks.

That'd be great if you could get some more members from your school. We're really short on authors and artists, but we have a lot of people (at least here) that just love fan fiction and fan art. Of course, people who want to join for the sake of reading (or looking at, in the case of art) other's works are always welcome :)

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Alright, I'll put it in the same thread with the other's so that people know where to send their work. Everything seems to be moving along nicely, huh? :)

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I write PKMN fanfiction and original. My current fanfic is "Ditching Janet", and I get the inspiration from reading fgood fanfics, like Oni Flygon's. My inspiration for my original writings are television, movies, music, especially music. Usually when I don't write in a long time, I put on a good album, and start writing, even if it doens't always have to do with a certain song.

Sometimes my writing does reflect the meaning of a song. Like if the song is talking about an abused child, I'll write about a character that gets abused, and use the title of the song for the title of my chapter. Sometimes I get ideas from my favorite television show, Degrassi. Then I try to do the same situation, but it unfolding in a different way, and I say, what if that happened this way.

I am writing an original story called "Westside Stories". I posted it on FictionPress.net, and my name on there is xYouWannaWhatx.

EDIT: Is there a twist to this thread, besides just telling your inspirations to writing/drawing? It's confusing...

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Hi Nick;welcome! Yeah, there is sort of a twist to this thread. We don't just talk about writing; you can also submit your stories to me for publication in our magazine and website (still under construction). If you've read any of the previous posts, then you know that we also talk a bit about the technical stuff too. Anyway, if you want to submit your story, find out which genre it would be under and mail it to the apropriate editor (you'll find all of this on page one, in that post titled "Please read before submitting any more fanworks")

And, no Oni, I haven't quite finished reading your story yet, but I'm close! I think I might have a few questions, but I want to wait until I finish your story to ask them, since they may be answered later in your story.

~Ozy~

Years
    Wilkommen, Nick. Enjoy thineself here. I can't think of much else to say, Rose covered most everything. So have a good time and write well, ne?

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Hey, Oni! I just finished reading your story "Friday". It was really good. There should be no problem getting it published in our website/magazine. There's only one thing; you seem to get your personal pronouns mixed up (i.e He, She, Him, Her) so what I need to know is, what is the intended gender of each of your characters? (I know that Green is male and Yellow is female)

Also guys, I'm visiting Oklahoma this weekend for my great uncle's funeral. I may not be able to access the internet, but I will try. I'll take my laptop with me, but I don't know as I'll be able to dial up. It may prove as nothing more than a paperweight for this trip.(Ughh.. I just hate flying; I get air sick.-_-)

Anyway, I suppose I should be getting back on topic. Feel free to send me stories over the weekend despite the fact that I may not be able to check them till monday or tuesday; And don't forget about the other thread ("General Anime and Manga fan club"). That's the thread where we talk alot about the design of the website, the layout of the magazine, etc.

Years
    OH...having English as a third language just confuses me on all this personal pronouns stuff... (they don't have them in my other languages...so...I get a habbit of having "he" on everything even if it's a girl...)

Yellow = Girl
    Green = Boy
    Red = Boy
    Blue = Girl
    Silver = Boy
    Gold = Boy
    Crystal = Girl
    Misty = Girl
    Daisy (Green's sister) = Girl

I hope that helps...

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Alright, thanks Oni! Now I'll be able to edit out your mistakes there. That was really the only problem I ran accross; other than that, it was quite a good story. But I have to admit, my favorite type of fanfiction to read is Rocketshipper fanfiction. And I don't mean the kind that totally messes up Jessie's Domineering personality and James' Affeminite personality, I mean one that keeps them in character and still makes it a great romance. One of My favorites is Anna Sartin's "The Dark Side of Innocence". You can find her story at www.thepokemontower.com , along with mine . I strongly recomend reading it. Its simply wonderful ^_^

Years
    Okay! When I have time for refuge from summer school, I will! I like Feelingshipping since Yellow has that shy, innocent demeanor and Green has the smart, arrogant nautre. It makes a good chemistry between the two. Green would simply fall in love with Yellow, slowly and quietly... ;)

Back