• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Yet Another) Writer's/Artist's Club

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    One question before we continue...how far away is viridian city from Oak's mansion?

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Not very according to the show. About three days, tops. For someone like Gary, I'd saw closer to a couple hours.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Alright then...

Meanwhile, in Proffessor Oaks guest house, Ash sat on the bed in quiet reflection, oblivious to the fact that Team Rocket were asleep in the closet.

"Ash? What are you doing in here?" Ash jumped as he looked up to see Brock, who had just walked in.

"You have a house here. Why would you come to Proffessor Oak's guest house?"

"I don't know. I guess...I just didn't really want to see my mom right now."

"Oh. Well, that's understandable." Brocks voice had always reminded him of a kindly kindergarden teacher's, and it had always made him feel as if Brock was belittling him by talking to him like a child. But now, it felt appropriate.

"It's just, Proffessor Oak? And my mom? I just can't believe...I mean, no one ever said anything..."

~Ozy~

Years
    Brock sat down on Ash's bed and gripped his friend's shoulder, saying "I'm not sure they knew, Ash. Everyone seemed so shocked." The boy nodded, eyes locked on the floor.

In the not-so-distant closet, Jessie was near to jumping with glee. James, as usual was bit lost and Meowth was still unconcious. "Don't you get it?" Jessie began malevolently. "If what the twerp said is true we can ruin Professor Oak!" "So?" James replied confusedly. "So..." she began again "If he loses his land or anything because of this who'll protect all the Pokemon he has here?" Jamse's eyes lit up at this pronouncement.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    "And then..."Jessie began, waiting for James to finish her sentence as always.

"I won't have to sell my bottlecap collection!" Jessie slapped him with her paper fan."Oww.." he said, rubbing his head.

"No you idiot! The boss'll finally respect us. We might even get a promotion for turning in all those pokemon!"

James laughed his characteristicly flamboyant laugh."Finally! Some recognition!"

"Just think of it, James, someday..." they slipped off into one of their fantasies as they held hands, bouncing with joy as they squeeled like school girls. Meowth, now awake, stared at them like they were aliens. Those two sure are actin' loopier than usual. He thought.

Just then, the closet door began to open.

Alright, no one has been posting here for quite a while, so here's a new question; what kind of writing do you like to do best? Fanfiction, or something entirely of your own creation? (feel free to post either here btw)

Also, be looking for stories by Oni Flygon and The Adamant Dodger here. I had though about posting them on the other thread, but I think they would fit better here.

~Ozy~

Years
    Hmmm...I really love any kind of writing. Fanfiction, original fiction, essaying. The only thing I don't really like is script-writing. For some reason I just don't like it all that much. As far as genres go, I'll give anything a shot. If it turns out to not be my thing, then so be it. My current favorites are political satire, drama, horror/Gothic, and romance.

Years
    I have a thing for Romances and Dark Romances...no clue but sometimes, when I jog outside, I get inspiration...hmm...I'm thinking of writing a break-up fanfic...has anyone done that before? It would be called "Rest Stop" ...and if you listen to Matchbox Twenty, you know what's going to happen... *snickers*

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    That's a pretty wide variety. No action, eh? Me neither. I like Romance, and Horror mostly. I like writing fiction the best, but my teachers do complement me on my essays (except for my English AP teacher I had first semester last year. She hated my style of writing so much that she gave me 13's and 20's on my writing assignments). I write fanfiction because I think it's a good way to exercise one's skills.

~Ozy~

Years
    Eh, I used to write Dark Romance. Then I discoverd Gothic and everything became so much more...erotic, I suppose. It seemed to suit me a lot better. Breakup fics can be interesting, if written well. I've also noticed that they seem to be better if you're coming out of an actual breakup.

Years
    Ah...that sucks...
    I've read your style of writing before and it's pretty good. My Honors English teacher seems to like the style I write. She said that I have vivid descriptions and very eccentric and colorful characters. (I wrote a story about my RolePlay characters for a project).

I already have a bunch of fanfics going on in my mind. Right now, I'm almost finished with my major fanfiction. I'm finishing off Chapter 71 of Ties of Love and Friendship...

edit: An actual break up? I've felt the pains of that...I might be able to express the pain and anger and sorrow at the same time in prose writing...

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    I'm trying to write a dark romance, though I can't say that I'm very proud of it. It's just so hard to write about something you have no experiance in sometimes. I've never broken-up with anyone, or been dumped, never even had a boyfriend, though I can't say I've never been asked out. My friends sometimes call me "the innocent one" because of that, and because I don't get a lot of their raunchy jokes. But, when I try to write romance, I just watch a romantic movie, read a romance novel, something like that. I take bits and pieces of each to form a story.

I've never read a break-up fic, btw oni. It might be intersting. If you'd like to send me one, I'll be glad to read it.

~Ozy~

Years
    God, breakups do suck...But back on topic, yes, RP characters can make for good story characters as well. God, I still remember when Seth met Damian. Nasty clash, that one.

On a similar note, are your characters real to you? I mean not just like they seem to flow onto paper, but they actually live in your mind and interact with each other? It happens with me and it can be somewhat disturbing, particularly when you have Andris (Half-Drow archer-mage, and quite a fox) flirting with you during Science.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    I'm a bit slow with my typing I guess. ^_^ But, I know what you're talking about with the characters being real. When I'm working on a story, I can't stop thinking about every possible way it could go until it's finished and I'm satisfied with the ending.

~Ozy~

Years
    Well, that's not quite what I'm talking about, but it's close. I mean iof they're constantly living in your mind, not just as characters iin a story and you're trying to work out how they'd interact with each other, but as full-fledged entities, crossing over to meet characters from your other works and seemingly concious of the wider world outside your mind.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Well, I don't quite think of them like that. I can never think of the characters existing outside of the world I put them in, nor crossing into other's worlds. But I do, much of the time, get lost in their worlds. I really don't like watching, reading, or writing crossovers either, though I don't know if you're making any reference to those.

~Ozy~

Years
    Well, let me illustrate. I mentioned Andris a while ago. Shortly after I finished the first Menzoberranzan chapter of her story, she wandered into my fanfiction section and wound up meeting Shadow, from SA2. The two really hit it off and well...Now I have an evil half-hedgehog, quarter-drow, quarter-human magic user running around in my head wreaking havoc.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Wow, you really get into your writing, don't you? I mean, sometimes I space off, but nothing like that's happening in my head.

~Ozy~

Years
    Yeah, it's quite odd at times. On the other hand, it helps when none of my friends are around, either online or in the real world. I just pop into my mind and talk with them.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    That's handy. Do you have anyone to talk to about your writing in RL? I don't. I really have to watch what I say, and since my writing is kind of dark, I have to keep it a secret from my family. They're already trying to push me into counseling, and they even had me on prozac for awhile. Of course, they took me off of it once I found out I was allergic. It's not really because I did anything...It's just this whole big thing about my mom emotionally abusing me...not a pleasant situation. I can really get out my feelings with my writing, but if any of my relatives ever saw any off my stuff, I think I'd be back on St. John's Wort or something...sorry if I'm getting too personal. :embarrass

~Ozy~

Years
    No, I don't mind at all. I'm sort of a psych for my group, so I'm used to hearing problems. I can't really talk about my writing to my family, similar reasons. I used to have anger problems, and if they found out about any of the stuff in my darker stories, well, I'd be in a ward in a trice in all likelihood. I think, though, that my writing helps me keep my anger in check. I can pour it all into a character instead of keeping it bottled up and eventually assaulting some freshman. But I'm lucky, I can talk to one of my friends about my writing, ask him for advice an opinions, even borrow a few character if I need them.

Back