• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Creature Swap is most advantageous when your opponent has only one monster on their field (and it's powerful, i.e. BLS) and you have a pathetic monster on your side of the field (Sheep Token, Sinister). You could also possibly give your opponent a searcher (Sangan, Tomato). Destroying it would give you the effect, which is awesome. It is more useful in Advanced because of less mass removal and that many decks in Advanced run about two Scapegoat.

However, you need a monster on your side of the field to play it. Therefore it's a horrible topdeck.

Overall:
    7/10 Traditional
    9/10 Advanced

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    I'll summon Sinster, or play Goats and switch one to attack, and kill it, and if you kill your Sinster it comes back next turn, so it's no loss to you. Also you can do a mean Mataza the Zapper combo with Swap, select Mataza, but his contol can't switch, so you get their monster, but they don't get you Mataza.

Do you play Adanced, or Traditional Format?
    :\

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I'm definitely not an expert, but I do know much about the game.
    My tourney store alternates between Advanced and Traditional every week (even though I can only go about once a month due to parental whim).

You cannot select Mataza the Zapper for the effect of Creature Swap, assuming Mataza is face-up on the field (Source)

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    PrimeCupEevee said:
    I'm definitely not an expert, but I do know much about the game.
    My tourney store alternates between Advanced and Traditional every week (even though I can only go about once a month due to parental whim).

You cannot select Mataza the Zapper for the effect of Creature Swap, assuming Mataza is face-up on the field (Source)

Which one do you play the most.

Every one plays it like that, was that an offical judge that wrote that. I kind of thought you might no be able to because on the UDE site it says the monster must select an eligable monster.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I probably play more advanced; I change my deck frequently though.

The link I provided was a link from the UDE Judge List. All of the judges can get each thread update in their email (I'm a level one judge). Questions not answered anywhere else are asked there and the head judges for the entire game provide the answers. Anything that is said there is official. Also, the judge list is used for assorted purposes (like Sneak Preview info, feedback on the game, TCG accomplishments, etc.)

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    You can take the level one judge test online (for higher levels, you have to take the test at a UDE certified event like Regionals). Go to ude.com/judge and get an official UDE number on the site (if you do not have one yet). Then you'll find a list of all tests. I remember that the Yu-Gi-Oh! judge test was taken down, but I think they put it back up.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    You get mailed an official card from UDE. The cards are sent out at a certain point of the year (a few times). I know the last time they did it was on February 1, so it might be a while to get your card if you pass the test.

Yes, I'll say it is hard to find a place to register. I know you need a UDE number. If you attended a sanctioned event like Regionals then you have a number. (If you got a number there, but don't have a password, just use the "Forgot your password?" button (assuming you gave a correct E-Mail address when you gave the info to UDE))If you don't have one, you E-Mail [email protected] and ask for an ID number. They might ask a few questions, but eventually they'll give you a number and password. Then log on to the site www.ude.com/test (I know I changed the link, but it turns out that the link I previously posted does not have the Yu-Gi-Oh! judge test. That link does.) When I passed the test in January of last year, you could just get a number right before taking the test.

The test itself is easy. It's also open book and untimed. Here's a sample question:
    True/False On the very first turn, the Draw Phase is skipped.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    That means that anyone with half a brain and that plays only a little but knows the rules could pass the test, and become a judge.

I have a number I just can't find it it was in my wallet, and I accidently lost it in my room, so give me a link to register on the site.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    There is no link to register. You have to e-mail [email protected] for an account at this time. That system is definitely ridiculous. It'll probably be easier looking through your wallet, I'm afraid.

The reason why they closed the link to the general public is to stop all the half-wits from becoming judges (or get the true judges up to level two or three (in order to do that you have to take the test during the main event of Regionals, so if you want to become a Level 2 or 3 judge you have to forfeit a possible Nationals invite))

BobTheBlob

Banned
    Years
    Mullet!? You said it didn't register your Fissure post!! It did! I guess I'll rate both. o.0
    Fissure: 9/10 Bad news: I believe there are cards that your opponent could play to force you to play Fissure from your hand when your opponent has no monsters, therefore forcing one of your monsters to die. >< Good news: Those cards are very rare. ^^
    Compulsory Evacuation Device: 4/10 It basically clogs your Magic/Trap Zone while having the same effect as SotD's common card, Hade-Hane, divided by either 2 or 3 (things escape me <_<).
    I'm leaving now.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    I ment it didn't register it on the last post made by thing, Fissure cannont destroy your own monsters, and they really can't make you force activate it from your hand, Hade-Hane is eww, it really sucks, don't even start me on how much better Compulse is than that horrid Hade-Hane card. I'll post the next card when I get the time or feel like it.

Last edited:

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    I'm double posting because, no one else has posted, and I need to post the card. New card.

Snatch Steal
    Magic Card
    Take control of one monster on your opponets side of the field, as long as this card is equiped to that monster your opponet gains 1000 Life Points during each of his or her Standby Phases.

This card is beast mode, no questions asked, even if they gain 1000 points on their Standby Phase, this card is still very powerful, it gets a 10/10.
    :D

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Snatch Steal can be powerful. With the banning of Change of Heart it could possibly be considered in almost every deck. Since it was released both of the Structure Decks (and will be in the ones that comes out May), everybody owns one. I don't automatically give it a 10/10, though.

Snatch Steal can, of course, be used to take an opponent's monster and Tribute it away. It is just evil when you use it against your opponent's powerful monster, preferably Jinzo. Target their Spirit Reaper and it goes. It's a great table turner when you're on the defense.

However, on the offense is a different story. The first bad part is that it only works on face-up monsters. That means Mind Control (like Change of Heart except you can't attack or Tribute the monster you take) may have an edge over it when you're trying to just take away your opponent's life points right then and there. Sometimes that 1000LP gain means something. It could give your opponent that extra turn needed to draw that game-breaking card. It has some weaknesses, but it still is great.

New Advanced: 9/10
    Traditional: 8/10 (Change of Heart works better)

However, I would like to take note of a card coming out in The Lost Millenium called (in Japan) called Brainwash - Mind Control. For 800 of your LP you can take control of an opponent's face-up monster for that turn. May I ask if this is as good as Snatch Steal? I say it has potential, but Snatch Steal is a bit better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back