• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "You don't have to press the B button anymore!"

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
  • I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Obviously they want you to run so your pokemon follows you. I rarely use the bike unless I'm in a hurry, and never when training.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I loved it, personally. Not least because the general focus on the use of the touch-screen in Hg/Ss led to me developing my ability to hold a stylus in my right-hand, which then led to a much more enjoyable gaming experience (not having to swap between D-Pad and Stylus with my left hand all the time).

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I quite liked this feature, mainly because I feel like holding down the B button all the time is bad for my DS. :<

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I loved the feature but only discovered it after the fourth gym cause I'm retarded.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love this feature so much, although my muscles had already memorized holding down B while pushing whichever arrow I needed to push. It really facilitated things for the player, imo. Another great installment similar to this was being able to press "A" via the touch screen, which is great if I have something in one of my hands and can't get to the A button. And yeah, I use this feature a lot.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Lol, I remember D/P so fondly, I forget about the feature, my finger is ALWAYS on the B button.

It didn't help much because of that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    So, who else idolizes this grand innovation as much as I do?
    I love it, love it, love it. Extremely useful.

Do you even use this feature?
    All the time! I hardly use the bike because of it, and only walk if I want to get to a precise location, as it's easier then. :)

Flashmeteor

Awkward silences are the best.
    Years
  • Even though I love the feature and turn it on, I press the B button anyways. It just natural that way.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • So, who else idolizes this grand innovation as much as I do?
    I really love this. It was a good touch, as it gets annoying to hold B all the time, since you can't bike everywhere.

Do you even use this feature?
    Yeah, I always keep it on, but sometimes, even when it's on, I tend to press B a little. It's just an old habit.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Being still kinda stuck in the past while playing HGSS, I still held the B button automatically. It's become pretty much a habit which worked out perfectly in the end when playing B/W. :3

Years
  • It was a nice feature. That, coupled with the Pokémon following you around feature, meant I never used the Bicycle that I got in-game.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'm so used to pressing B that I didn't use the feature at all. Plus sometimes I want to walk instead of run (like in tall grass).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Though it's a really nifty/neat feature, even when I had running set automatically, I held down the B button. It's just a habit of mine for each game, so it really made no huge difference for me. u_u

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I do like this feature for added convenience, especially when you are playing it one-handed or with the touchscreen. However, it does feel weird when you're playing it with standard controls. You feel as if you were expecting a Run button, and, well... I end up holding it whenever not necessary. No wonder I disabled it in the end!

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
    Years
  • I am so used to pressing the B button in previous versions I still do it. It is a habit I have to break sooner or later.

Years
  • I loved this, same with not having to press the actual A button to get someone to stop talking or to progress in an event. I was used to holding down B, but eventually I came to love this feature, another reason why HGSS was amazing.

Back