• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • Hmm... Let me try.

Mistform Ultimus
    6*/Fire/Beast
    This card's attribute is treated as Wind, Fire, Earth, Water, Light and Dark. This card is treated to have all types. This card is unaffected by field cards.
    2300/2300

I think the english YGO cards goofed while I'm trying to look up the texts of similar effects... While DNA Surgery and Homunculus the Alchemic Being both states attributes mean the 6 elements, and type means the 20 different categories... However, E-Hero Electrum switched the two words around XD; (calling the 6 elements "type").

Yeah, no YGO card so far has any monsters that have multiple types o_o; attributes certainly, but not types... and thus, the funny 2nd sentence.

The field card thing is just so hard to go... just screw them all XD;;;

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Mistform Ultimus 3U
    Creature - Illusion
    Mistform Ultimus is all other types.
    3/3

So in conversion it would be something more similar to:

Mistform Ultimus
    5*/Water/Aqua
    Mistform Ultimus has all other types and attributes.
    2100/2100

XD

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Unforgiving Maiden
    5*/Dark/Fairy
    You may tribute this card to destroy a face-up monster on the field.
    2000/800

Essentially, this is just an opposite version of Forgiving Maiden, like how Mystical Elf has Dark Elf. The only difference is that Unforgiving Maiden is 5 stars, unlike Forgiving Maiden.

Fiery Tiger
    4*/Fire/Beast
    When this card is destroyed, you may treat this as an equip spell card. Equip it to a Fire attribute monster or a Pyro type monster. The equipped monster gains 400 ATK points.
    1700/1000

This one is pretty good for when you have a decent fire-type monster, however you're lacking the extra firepower in order to finish off your opponent (Ala Legendary Flame Lord when the opponent has something like 2800 life points left and you use LFL's effect).

Parasitic Machine
    4*/Dark/Machine
    When this card is flip summoned successfully, equip it to one of your opponent's monsters. The equipped monster loses 400 ATK and DEF points and is then switched to your control. The equipped monster then becomes a Machine type.
    1000/1000

This card is basically a Paracide Parasite, except that this doesn't destroy all summoned monsters that aren't Insect type (or was it that it made them weaker?). However since the controlled monster is weakened, it does has it's disadvantages.

Sharpened Mind
    Equip Spell
    Equip this card to a Spellcaster type monster. The equipped monster gains 400 ATK and DEF points. By paying 500 life points, you may place this card at the top of your deck.

All I have to say for this one is that it's pretty decent for a Spellcaster deck.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Instakill for a common? o.o and can't be negated? wow XD

The fact that it can't be negated stops people who'll try to abuse this with Second Coin Toss

And Unforgiving Maiden is simply a worse version of Exiled Force...

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Yesh about Unforgiving Maiden. Forgiving Maiden already has a polar opposite anyway, though it isn't obvious by looking at her: Marie the Fallen One. After all, she and Marie do become St. Joan together. (One of my favorite cards, btw... I'm almost tempted to throw them all into a deck, even though the only deck I can think of that would make any use of them, period, is Chaos, and that all got banned as we well know.

Eon-Rider

Years
  • Backfire Assassin
    [4/Warrior/Earth]
    This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. This card cannot attack if there are two or more set cards on your opponent's side of the field. If this card is returned to the owner's hand, it cannot be summoned until your 2nd turn (starting from your next turn) and cannot be discarded by any of your own cards.
    ATK/3000 DEF/1500
    Ultra Rare

If you haven't realised, this is a Spirit monster. Someone help me make the text shorter. :P

Spirit Harmony
    Normal Spell
    Pay 800 Life Points. No Spirit Monsters on your side of the field can be returned to your hand.
    Common

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Backfire Assassin- problem is not only abusable with giant trunade for a lv4 (after trunade, your attack is almost guaranteed to go through as most ppl won't ever set that many monsters.) Also, after it's returned to the hand, you really can't keep count of how many turns it's been for backfire assassin. What if you got two of these buggers in the hand >>; How about...

Backfire Assassin
    [4/Warrior/Earth]
    This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. This card cannot attack if there are two or more set cards on your opponent's side of the field. You cannot summon "Backfire Assassin" until the end of your next turn. This card cannot be discarded for a cost.
    ATK/2700 DEF/1800

Just have to lower the attack... did I mention how this thing rocks with skill drain if it's still 3000?

Spirit Harmony- which spirit monsters... the ones on your side of the field now, you mean? either way, not bad cards... not bad. Still, spirit monster deck fails =/ (as in the deck itself of spirit monsters, not a few spirits teched into a deck)

Fool's Gold
    Normal Spell
    Look at the top card on your deck and declare the name of 1 card. Your opponent must guess if the name of the card is the same as the declared name. Reveal the card. If your opponent guesses right, send that card to the graveyard. If your opponent guesses wrong, draw 2 cards from the deck and send that card to the bottom of your deck.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Coolmaster: the easiest way is to keyword parts of it, but it's pretty hard to do that in YGO, I would think.

Pendulum of Mystery
    Continuous Trap
    During your standby phase, an opponent names a card type. Reveal the top card of your deck. Put it into your hand if your opponent names it right. If not, put it back on top of your deck. (card types are monster, magic, and trap)

Certainly looking like a breakable card, but not sure how breakable.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Pendulum of Mystery
    Continuous Trap
    During your standby phase, an opponent names a card type. Reveal the top card of your deck. Put it into your hand if your opponent names it right. If not, put it back on top of your deck. (card types are monster, magic, and trap)

Certainly looking like a breakable card, but not sure how breakable.

Pretty realistic card if you ask me. You may get a card for basically free of charge, but your opponent will know what's coming. Continuous trap means that it's sucky, but free draws help in every way, thus balancing it out.

Don't even need the brackets. *Gasp* Kenny made a card that got texts longer than it should for YGO!! run for your lives the world is crumbling apart because of a children's card game

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Children's card game. I just love how they parody that all over the abridged series.

Speaking of that....

Voice of Strength
    Ritual Spell
    You may use this card to ritual summon one "Strange-Voice Fighter" from your hand or deck. You must sacrifice monsters whose level stars equal six or more from your hand or field to activate this card.

Strange Voice Fighter
    Monster:Ritual/Warrior/Effect/6*
    This monster cannot be normal summoned or set. This monster can only be summon through the effect of "Voice of Strength". When this card destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, send all other cards on your opponent's field to the graveyard.
    Atk:1600/Def:1000

Yay for weird monsters and obscure references. (BTW, I know this is totally pwned by Demise in terms of ritual power, but I'm going to pull a Yami Bakura and say that I don't care. XD)

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Pretty realistic card if you ask me. You may get a card for basically free of charge, but your opponent will know what's coming. Continuous trap means that it's sucky, but free draws help in every way, thus balancing it out.

Don't even need the brackets. *Gasp* Kenny made a card that got texts longer than it should for YGO!! run for your lives the world is crumbling apart because of a children's card game

Well, reminder text is always good if you have the room. ;)
    I am clearly BSing my way out of this, because that was an mtg habit. I didn't say anything else. XD

Why Not?
    Spell
    Destroy target face up monster. You lose LP equal to that monster's ATK and DEF together.

Don't ask. The name came from "inspiration".

Gravitational Limitation
    Quick Spell
    Target player ends his or her attack phase immediately without combat. All monsters that was declared attackers this turn cannot be declared as attackers next turn.

Quick and relatively simple. This does mean you can respond to attack with it and stop the attack (I don't see how all of a sudden you weigh down a monster that they'd still be able to attack).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Gravitational Limitation = Negate Attack except how the attacking monsters cannot attack next turn, which really doesn't do a thing since the extra turn that you buy usually ends up giving you just the amount of time that you need to bulldoze over those attackers, unless it's a Jinzo or something with protective abilities like that.

Why Not? is actually pretty interesting... certainly tempts me to run 3 of this together with ring of destruction, and just tech those Barrel behind the door =x

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Reality Shift
    Field Card
    All monsters lose their effects during main phase 1 of any player's turn.

Dancing Blade Works
    Spell
    You may have any number of copies of Dancing Blade Works in your deck.
    You may play Dancing Blade Works only once a turn.
    Dancing Blade Works deals 500 damage to target opponent. Search your deck for a Dancing Blade Works and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

I contemplated limiting Dancing Blade Works to only when Reality Shift is in play (word count), but I decided not to. Dunno about power level, but certainly interesting as a card.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Reality Shift
    Field Card
    All monsters lose their effects during main phase 1 of any player's turn.

Dancing Blade Works
    Spell
    You may have any number of copies of Dancing Blade Works in your deck.
    You may play Dancing Blade Works only once a turn.
    Dancing Blade Works deals 500 damage to target opponent. Search your deck for a Dancing Blade Works and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

I contemplated limiting Dancing Blade Works to only when Reality Shift is in play (word count), but I decided not to. Dunno about power level, but certainly interesting as a card.

......Oh geez...That first line of Un...er, Dancing Blade Works just makes it sheerly broken.

Darkness Soul
    Normal Spell
    Pay half your Life Points. Special Summon 1 "Soul Token" (DARK/Fiend/9 Stars) to your side of the field. The summoned Soul Token's ATK & DEF are equal to half the Life Points you paid to activate this card (rounded to the nearest hundred). "Soul Token" cannot attack.

Useful for a quick wall (or big wall if you're using LP gain), but also makes you lose more LP than you gain in power, creating a balance (I hope).

Last edited:

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • The question is then how would the dynamic between using this broken card and building around this limitation would be. i contemplated dropping to 400 damage (20 turns kill) as opposed to the now 16 turn kill. Now obviously the main cards that would supplement it (whatever is there in chain burn) would obviously speed the clock up, but how would one actually make it work? I have no idea on the dynamic of this card other than it looks interesting. XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • It's just the deck thinning ability that makes it strong, but far from broken. I mean, Card Trooper mills way faster than this card can >>; Plus, you need some pretty precise statistical calculation to see how many of this card do you really want in the deck to ensure that you'll always draw two or so, and not 5 in a hand. The only "really broken" deck is trooper magic explosion. Using this card will suffice as a small burn on top of further increasing the spell card count, but that's a mega-rogue deck that can use the boost and still go unnoticed by almost everyone.

Darkness Soul is... another stein. Clear the back field, summon exiled, nuke the monster, use Darkness Soul, drop LP to crap level, bring out metamorphosis, Cyber Twin Dragon, and megamorph/limiter, ggkthxnorm. Stein can be searched, this cannot and needs metamorphosis as well, but this thing got no LP restriction to balance out the inability to be searched. Oh wait, Magical Stone Excavation can get out both metamorphosis and darkness soul after card trooper dumps half of the deck... nevermind.

Eon-Rider

Years
  • Sinister Serpent #2
    [3/Water/Reptile]
    During your Standby Phase, if this card exists in your Graveyard, you can return it to your hand. You can only use this effect once per Duel.
    ATK/1000 DEF/750
    Rare

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Darkness Soul is... another stein. Clear the back field, summon exiled, nuke the monster, use Darkness Soul, drop LP to crap level, bring out metamorphosis, Cyber Twin Dragon, and megamorph/limiter, ggkthxnorm. Stein can be searched, this cannot and needs metamorphosis as well, but this thing got no LP restriction to balance out the inability to be searched. Oh wait, Magical Stone Excavation can get out both metamorphosis and darkness soul after card trooper dumps half of the deck... nevermind.

By that theory, then, ANY 8-Star quick-summonable monster becomes a Stein...

And that there requires 5 cards AT LEAST (Storm/Trunade, Exiled, Darkness Soul, Metamorphosis, & Megamorph/Limiter). You're probably at least as likely to get Exodia as you are to get that setup. At least Stein only required 2-4 cards, most of which (Stein himself included) could be dragged out from the deck. But, if it'll make you feel better, I'll throw out that possibility.

*makes Soul Token 9 Stars*

Happy?

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Remove Soul
    Quick Spell
    Discard a card. Negate the summon or special summon of target monster. Put it into its owner's graveyard.

Quick spell makes it good. -.-

Back