• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Monster Cards

Name: Armored Core
    Attribute: Earth
    Type: Machine/Effect
    Level: 5
    ATK: 2200
    DEF: 1500
    Effect: If there is a face-up "Original Armored Core" on your side of the field, you can Special Summon this card. If this card is Special Summoned this way, you can add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. Then shuffle your Deck.

Name: Normal Armored Core
    Level: 1
    ATK: 500
    DEF: 200
    Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 monster that includes "Armored Core" in its card name from your Deck to your hand. Then shuffle your Deck.

Name: Next Armored Core
    Level: 7
    ATK: 3300
    DEF: 2400
    Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summon except by Tributing 1 "Armored Core" or "Original Armored Core" on your side of the field. If this card is Special Summoned this way, you can add 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. Then shuffle your Deck.

Name: Linx
    Type: Warrior/Union/Effect
    Level: 3
    ATK: 1000
    DEF: 0
    Effect: Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if you control this card on the field, you can equip it to your "Next Armored Core" as an Equip Card, OR unequip the Union equipment and Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. When equipped to a monster by this card's effect, increase the ATK/DEF of the equipped monster by 700 points. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster is destroyed by battle, destroy this card instead.)

Name: Original Armored Core
    Level: 3
    ATK: 1300
    DEF: 700
    Effect: If there is a face-up "Normal Armored Core" on your side of the field, you can Special Summon this card. If this card is Special Summoned this way, you can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. Then shuffle your Deck.

You have formed a OTKO right there...and you only need three of the monsters in your hand: toss out Normal Armored Core, get Next, Original, or plain (whichever one you're missing), toss out Original, grab Premature Burial, Premature a Cyber Phoenix, drop plain Armored Core, get Giant Trunade, play it to get Premature back and wipe out your opponent's backfield, get rid of Original Armored core for Next, get whatever spell you need to wipe out your opponent's monsters (Lightning Vortex or Nobleman, depending on what they did), use the retrieved Premature to revive practically whatever monster you want, GG.

The amount of ease with which I was able to form an OTKO with those cards should tell you just how broken they are.

Spell Cards

Name: Primal Armor
    Type: Equip
    Effect: This card can only be equipped to a Machine-type monster. When a monster equipped with this card is attacked, decrease the ATK of the attacking monster by an amount equal to the DEF of the equipped monster.

Hmm...useful for an Equip, especially on a high-stat machine like Machine King...

Name: Overboost
    Type: Normal
    Effect: Select 1 face-up Machine-type monster on your side of the field. The selected monster can attack your opponent directly this turn. During the End Phase, destroy the selected monster.

...More OTKO material?? Boy, you really like to do that, huh? This kind of card is just begging for Cyber Twin.

Name: Anatolia
    Type: Field
    Effect: As long as this card remains face-up on the field, monsters that include "Armored Core" in its card name gain 500 ATK. In addition, make the Battle Damage to the controller of an "Armored Core" monster 0.

...Okay, forget what I said about replaying Premature: this card will take you over the top all on its own.

Name: EN Gauge
    Type: Continuous
    Effect: Once per turn, you can pay your Life Points (in multiples of 100 points) to increase 1 of your Machine-type monster's ATK and DEF by the same amount of points until the End Phase of that turn.

O_O You can't be serious!! GEAR GOLEM!!!!!! stick this and Overboost on ANYONE and that's the end of the game!

Trap Cards

Name: Kojima Particles
    Type: Counter
    Effect: Negate the effect of a Trap Card that targets a Machine-type monster on your side of the field and destroy it.

Name: Quick Boost
    Effect: You can only activate this card when your opponent declares a Machine-type monster on your side of the field as an attack target. Negate the attack of your opponent's monster and end the Battle Phase.

Name: Kojima Shield
    Effect: This card can only be activated during your opponent's Battle Step. If a monster that includes "Armored Core" in its card name would be destroyed by battle this turn, it is not destroyed. (Damage calculation is applied normally.)

I'm going to assume for the responses that some of these cards are overpowered, so I was thinking that some of them should be semi-limited or limited.

...YES, those cards are VERY overpowered. You need to add major costs to those effects...

Alter Ego said:
    Noblesse Oblige
    Normal Spell

This card can only be activated by selecting one face-up 'Pikeru' or 'Curran' monster on your Field. If you selected a 'Pikeru' monster, add one 'Royal' monster from your Deck to your Hand. If you selected a 'Curran' monster, Special Summon one 'Royal' monster from your Hand to the Field.

Better, better...but the connection still seems wanting...

Also, to add some bulk:

Royal Bombardment Cannon
    Warrior/Effect
    2200 Atk / 1000 Def
    5 Star/Fire

Whenever this monster attacks a Defense Position monster, destroy the monster with this card's effect without applying Damage Calculation. Whenever this card attacks, unless 'Court of Nobles' is face-up on your Field, it is switched into Defense Position at the end of turn and may not change its Battle Position until the end of your next turn.

Was making a monster like that really necessary? You've already got enough to get rid of Attack-Position monsters, but now you're getting rid of defenders as well? ...I think I'd rather go with Mystic Swordsman if it weren't for the "Royal" card effects...

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Was making a monster like that really necessary? You've already got enough to get rid of Attack-Position monsters, but now you're getting rid of defenders as well? ...I think I'd rather go with Mystic Swordsman if it weren't for the "Royal" card effects...

Of course, there should be no quarter for lowborn knaves who oppose royalty. >O Anyways, I did that because I realized that all royals are walled by Gear Golem, even with a Field boost. Couldn't have that now, could we? :3

Oh, and since I have this sudden urge to return to this old theme:

Toon Hero Avian
    Warrior/Toon/Effect
    3 Star/Wind
    1000 Atk/1000 Def

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned while "Toon World" is on your side the field. You can Special Summon this monster from your hand, but Tributes are required for monsters Level 5 or more. When "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, this card is also destroyed. If your opponent doesn't control a Toon Monster, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If a face-up Toon Monster is on your opponent's side of the field, you must select the Toon Monster as an attack target. Battle Damage to this card's controller from battles involving this card becomes zero.

Toon Hero Burstinatrix
    Warrior/Toon/Effect
    3 Star/Fire
    1200 Atk/ 800 Def

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned while "Toon World" is on your side the field. You can Special Summon this monster from your hand, but Tributes are required for monsters Level 5 or more. When "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, this card is also destroyed. If your opponent doesn't control a Toon Monster, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If a face-up Toon Monster is on your opponent's side of the field, you must select the Toon Monster as an attack target. Whenever this card attacks your opponent directly, increase the Atk of this card by 500 until the end of the Damage Step.

Toon Hero Flame Wingman
    Warrior/Toon/Effect
    6 Star/Wind
    2100 Atk / 1200 Def

Toon Hero Avian + Toon Hero Burstinatrix

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play the above cards on your side of the field while Toon World is face-up on your field; then you can Special Summon this card from your Fusion Deck (You do not use "Polymerization"). When "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, this card is also destroyed. If your opponent doesn't control a Toon Monster, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If a face-up Toon Monster is on your opponent's side of the field, you must select the Toon Monster as an attack target. When this card is destroyed by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Atk of this card.

Last edited:

TheGreatMothim

The Moth/Bug Trainer
    Years
  • The Ravenous Raven
    Winged-Beast/Lv5/Wind/2100/1100
    During your Standby Phase, Roll 2 Six sided die. If The number is Even double draw 2 cards. If the Number is Odd destroy 1 monster on the field.

The Pure Peacock
    Winged-Beast/Lv4/Wind/1700/1300
    During your Standby Phase, Increase your Life Points by 200 for each Spell and Trap card on the field.

The Brave Seagull
    Winged-Beast/Lv3/Wind/1400/1200
    If your Opponent has no monster in defense position on their side of the field, this Monster can attack your Opponents Life Points Directly.

The Sad Bluejay
    Winged-Beast/Lv2/Wind/1000/1000
    If this card is destroyed in Battle return the monster which destroyed it to the Bottom of your Opponents deck.

The Dumb Duck
    Winged-Beast/Lv4/Wind/1650/1550
    You can send this card to the graveyard from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "The Dumb Duck" from your Hand or Deck.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Toon Hero Avian
    Warrior/Toon/Effect
    3 Star/Wind
    1000 Atk/1000 Def

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned while "Toon World" is on your side the field. You can Special Summon this monster from your hand, but Tributes are required for monsters Level 5 or more. When "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, this card is also destroyed. If your opponent doesn't control a Toon Monster, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If a face-up Toon Monster is on your opponent's side of the field, you must select the Toon Monster as an attack target. Battle Damage to this card's controller from battles involving this card becomes zero.

Toon Hero Burstinatrix
    Warrior/Toon/Effect
    3 Star/Fire
    1200 Atk/ 800 Def

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned while "Toon World" is on your side the field. You can Special Summon this monster from your hand, but Tributes are required for monsters Level 5 or more. When "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, this card is also destroyed. If your opponent doesn't control a Toon Monster, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If a face-up Toon Monster is on your opponent's side of the field, you must select the Toon Monster as an attack target. Whenever this card attacks your opponent directly, increase the Atk of this card by 500 until the end of the Damage Step.

Toon Hero Flame Wingman
    Warrior/Toon/Effect
    6 Star/Wind
    2100 Atk / 1200 Def

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play the above cards on your side of the field while Toon World is face-up on your field; then you can Special Summon this card from your Fusion Deck (You do not use "Polymerization"). When "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, this card is also destroyed. If your opponent doesn't control a Toon Monster, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If a face-up Toon Monster is on your opponent's side of the field, you must select the Toon Monster as an attack target. When this card is destroyed by battle, the Battle Damage is inflicted to your opponent instead of you.

I don't see anything outright wrong about them, and their effects are kept well in familiarity with their original counterparts. The direct attack gives them a powerful edge, only available to Toons, and since most of the recent versions have dropped the attacking cost, these can invariably do a lot of damage in one turn, since they're Special Summoned. I really can't find anything to criticize, other than the fact that I despise Elemental Heroes.

The Ravenous Raven
    Winged-Beast/Lv5/Wind/2100/1100
    During your Standby Phase, Roll 2 Six sided die. If The number is Even double draw 2 cards. If the Number is Odd destroy 1 monster on the field.

The Pure Peacock
    Winged-Beast/Lv4/Wind/1700/1300
    During your Standby Phase, Increase your Life Points by 200 for each Spell and Trap card on the field.

The Brave Seagull
    Winged-Beast/Lv3/Wind/1400/1200
    If your Opponent has no monster in defense position on their side of the field, this Monster can attack your Opponents Life Points Directly.

The Sad Bluejay
    Winged-Beast/Lv2/Wind/1000/1000
    If this card is destroyed in Battle return the monster which destroyed it to the Bottom of your Opponents deck.

The Dumb Duck
    Winged-Beast/Lv4/Wind/1650/1550
    You can send this card to the graveyard from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "The Dumb Duck" from your Hand or Deck.

The spelling errors and bad wording kind of put me off, but I admit it is kind of hard to come up with original descriptions while sticking to the specific Yu-Gi-Oh! wording.

The Ravenous Raven: If you're rolling two die then you should state that if the sum of the die is even or odd, add this effect and so forth. Otherwise, one dice is enough for the effect. The effect itself is broken. There's no downside, leaving it unbalanced. It's true that it requires a Tribute, but Special Summoning monsters have become much easier, thus using its effect is in respect, quite easy to do. Double draw two cards? Four cards! I'm going to assume you meant draw two cards. Limit it to one card and change the second effect. Destroying one monster is a very good ability, but it's unsuiting in this case. Maybe have "discard 1 card" or "your opponent draws 1 card" will be more suitable.

The Pure Peacock: Most life regenerating monsters are dealt with low attacks or defenses and have some form of handicap that can leave it vulnerable for your opponent. Lower the DEF a bit and have it have to stay in Defense Position to gain the LP, or reduce it's ATK. Even though the gain is a small amount and limited to just your side it affects both Spell and Trap Cards and isn't restricted by them being face-up or face-down.

The Brave Seagull: There's nothing overly wrong I can see in this, except for it's stats and level. The stats are okay, but should really be lowered for the effect.

The Sad Bluejay: Strange effect but effective nonetheless. Reduce the ATK and DEF and maybe have the condition of it having to be in face-down Defense Position or something. It's effect can be exploited easily against 5+ monsters so there should be some payback for it.

The Dumb Duck: I like the name. To the Graveyard from your hand to the Graveyard? Fix the wording. It's too beneficial in my opinion. Maybe have it Tributed from your side of the field and then add another from your Deck to your hand.

EDIT: Thank Ichaste Pekoni, I'll take those into consideration.

EDIT: I've altered many of the cards to comply to the "overpowered-ness" of their nature, but since most didn't require a lot of rewording, I've left some of them out. However, I've added a few more cards to the arsenal of core monsters and the like for criticism. The spoiler contains the cards.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Lul, that makes two of us on the e-heroes (Heck, does anyone like e-heroes?), I just did those because most main cast members have a toon version of one or more of their signature cards. :3 Anyways, on the retouched cards and whatnot:

Armored Core: Fine. You don't need the 'shuffle your deck' bit, though; shuffling is assumed to be done whenever you add a card from your deck to your hand so you don't have to specify that it's done.

Next Armored Core: Still seems a bit strongish on the Atk; maybe drop that to 2800? Heck, possibly even a bit lower since 2800 is Dark Magician of Chaos (One Spell card from your graveyard). Either way, I'd still stamp this as limited. :3

Linx: Dunno how often I'd use that protection effect, but it's better than nothing.

Linx 2: Meh, just go with an equip spell instead; a lot of them give far more than 800 and don't need to be summoned first.

Muscle Tracer: Fine.

Linx 3: The standard thing for that kind of effect is to tribute rather than destroy. Either way; fair enough, it's a one-shot protection from card effect or battle destruction. :3

Quick Boost: This is actually better; don't see any balance issues here and the Limiter Removal exploit is questionable at best.

Hangar Unit: I'd like to say 'okay'...but it actually borders on broken simply because it's a free card each turn as long as you have equips in your deck. Meh, maybe make it so that you can search for an equip instead of drawing a card? A free Snatch Steal or Premature Burial a turn is sort of overkill. :3

Kojima Shield: Ehh...it would be better if you could do it outside the battle phases since that's when stuff gets hit with Brain Control or Smashing Ground. Also, you could just go with "Until the end of the turn this card is activated, negate all card effects that target 'Armored Core' monsters on the Field.".

Amidas: Too weak, even with the adult form you need three monsters on your field for these things to pay off, and that's not very easily achieved (not to mention upheld). Plus, the larger forms constitute a lot of dead draws unless you get the baby first.

Raven's Nest: Fine, although once again "You may add one 'Linx' monster from your Deck to your Hand." would have been sufficient.

Aaanyhow, some cards from the anime revamped:

Berserker Soul
    Equip Spell

If the monster equipped with this card has more than 1500 Atk, this card is destroyed. When this card is activated, discard a number of cards from the top of your Deck equal to the number of monsters on your opponent's Field. For each monster card discarded by this effect, the monster equiped with this card may perform an additional attack this turn. On the End Phase of the turn this card was activated, destroy the monster equipped with this card. When this card is sent to your Graveyard, you may discard one monster card from your Hand to return this card to the top of your Deck.

Card of Demise
    Normal Spell

Discard a number of cards from the top of your Deck equal to the number of monsters on your Field to activate this card. After a number of turns equal to the number of cards you discarded from your Deck, discard your Hand then draw the number of cards you discarded to activate this card.

Mischief of the Time Goddess
    Quick-Play Spell

When this card is activated, declare one phase of a turn other than Draw Phase. Until the end of your next turn, both players skip the declared phase.

And finally, some cards that aren't anime rip-offs:

Power Stream
    Continuous Spell

During each Draw Phase, before drawing a card, the turn player must pay 500 Life Points, otherwise this card is destroyed. While this card is face-up on the Field, both players draw two cards instead of one on their respective Draw Phases.

Star Lancer
    Warrior/Effect
    3 Star/Light
    600 Atk / 1400 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by 300 x the level stars of the monster that battles with this card until the end of the Damage Step. When this monster attacks with a higher Atk than the Def of your opponent's Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.

Star Sniper
    Fiend/Effect
    3 Star/Light
    1300 Atk / 800 Def

Once per turn, you may select a face-up monster on the Field then roll a six-sided die. If the number you rolled is greater than or equal to the level stars of the selected monster, the selected monster is destroyed.

Star Devourer
    Fiend/Effect
    5 Star/Light
    1800 Atk / 1200 Def

Once per turn, you may remove one monster in your Graveyard from play. If you do, increase the Atk of this card by 200 x the level stars of the monster removed by this effect until the end of the turn.

Last edited:

TheGreatMothim

The Moth/Bug Trainer
    Years
  • Mecha Head Type A
    Machine/Union - Lv 3 - Earth - 1300/1200
    This card can be equipped to "Mecha Torso Style A". As long as this card is Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style A", increase the Attack and Defense of "Mecha Torso Style A" by 500.

Robo Gun R. Arm - A
    Machine/Union - Lv 4 - Earth - 1800/1000
    This card can be equipped to "Mecha Torso Style A". As long as this card is Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style A", negate the effects of Quick Play Spell cards.

Robo Fist L. Arm - A
    Machine/Union - Lv 4 - Earth - 1700/1200
    This card can be equipped to "Mecha Torso Style A". As long as this card is Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style A", negate the effects of Normal Spell Cards.

Mecha Torso Style A
    Machine - Lv 5 - Earth - 2000/1100
    A Robotic Torso that was left in the Junkyard by a wicked scientist who decieded not to finish the robot after all his hard work.

Robotic R. Leg - A
    Machine/Union - Lv 4 - Earth - 1600/1600
    This card can be equipped to "Mecha Torso Style A". As long as this card is Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style A", negate the effects of Counter Trap Cards.

Robotic L. Leg - A
    Machine/Union - Lv 4 - Earth - 1600/1600
    This card can be equipped to "Mecha Torso Style A". As long as this card is Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style A", negate the effects of Normal Trap Cards.

The Great Mecha Bot
    Machine - Lv 8 - Earth - 2800/2250
    This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Removing from the field and/or Graveyard the following Monsters: "Mecha Head Type A, Robo Gun R. Arm - A, Robo Fist L. Arm - A, Mecha Torso Style A, Robotic R. Leg - A, and Robotic L. Leg - A."
    While this card is face-up on the Field, This card is uneffected by Spell and Trap cards.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • I guess if Neo-spacians don't count, I hate E-Heroes too. But enough of that. Moving on...

Mecha Torso, Head, Etc.: Meh. With their current wording the equips negate all traps and spells, not just ones targeting this specific monster. With neither player able to use their spell or trap cards, you've essentially got a deadlocked battle of both people attempting to draw a monster stronger then the opponent's card. The other major problem is that you've got to give up a summon every turn to attach these equips, and you can't turn them back into monsters. Plus, a few of them have pretty massive stats for an equip monster. Mecha Bot is alright, but he's probably going to be pulled from the graveyard more often then not.

Toon Heroes: I'll stick with the original Flame Wingman, actually. Compared to other toons these heroes are failing. (Come on, what's up with that? E-Heroes fail even when they aren't heroes!) Plus, Toon Wingman's ability isn't really as powerful as the original Wingman's. Maybe this would work?

Toon Hero Flame Wingman
    Wind/Warrior/Effect/6*
    2100 Atk/ 1200 Def

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play the above cards on your side of the field while Toon World is face-up on your field; then you can Special Summon this card from your Fusion Deck (You do not use "Polymerization"). When "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, this card is also destroyed. If your opponent doesn't control a Toon Monster, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. If a face-up Toon Monster is on your opponent's side of the field, you must select the Toon Monster as an attack target. When this card is destroyed by battle, inflict damage on your opponent equal to this monster's attack points.

Since that's essentially what the original Wingman does when he attacks an attack mode monster, I think it's pretty fair.

And on top of that, you forgot Wingman's British and slightly creepier-looking cousin Phoenix Enforcer, who makes a much more useful fusion in many circumstances. I don't think Toons and E-heroes combine well. Toons attack directly, and they've already got powerful abilities, which is the only thing E-Hero fusion have going for them.

New Armored Core monsters: I see no reason why they can't show up in the RP... and I'd like to point out to Icha that setting up an OTKO with your monsters doesn't mean that they're broken. I mean, we've got Demise OTK already, for the love of Pete.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Actually, the Toon heroes have a big thing going for them; direct attacks, and since they don't have the 'can't attack on the turn they're summoned' thing, that means you can special summon a handful of the little buggers and rush for your opponent's life points. (Lul, it's the uberly situational Toon Dark Magician Girl OTKO (Toon DMG + Inferno Reckless Summon + Megamorph) all over again. xD) Plus, Avian gets that attack for free (since battle damage against him becomes zero) while Burstinatrix direct attacks for 1700 damage, making both better than the originals. But yeah, that works fine for the ability, I guess; I was just a bit worried about ovepowering something that can already direct attack for a quarter of your opponent's Life Points. Anyways, the wingmen are actually better than enforcers, imo, since bigger monsters always get nuked anyway, effectively turning the protection ability moot, while Shining Flare Wingman remains a game-ender because he can deal his full Atk's worth of damage against anything weaker that happens to be in attack position. Plus, the Phoenix Enforcers aren't anyone's signature cards; Flame Wingman is. ;D

Anyway...no comments on the newer cards? *Pokes last post* Aww...

Regardless, ACC pretty much summed up the issues with the robot wordings. One point, though: not all union monsters have to be completely sissy. I mean, the XYZs do come in the 1500 range, with X-Head at 1800 (Yes, I know it's not a union but it can be equipped with one); these don't seem that overpowered.

Now, finally:

Manga World

Continuous Spell

The name of this card is considered to be 'Toon World'. This card is activated by paying 2000 of your Life Points. While this card is face-up on the Field, all 'Toon' monsters can attack on the turn they're summoned (Including Flip Summon).

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Whoops. Must have missed the wording addition/omission on the E-toons. Anyway, I've got to say that...

Anime "Fixed" Cards: Um... I can't see anything wrong with them, other then they're really more for thematic purposes and don't do much that other cards do already. I mean, I'd just as soon use Card Destruction on my hand then use Card of Demise, and Berserker Soul requires a huge discard cost that I'd rather not be paying. Mischief of Time Goddess is insanely useful, though.

Star Monsters: I like Power Stream, and the others don't have anything wrong with them, so....

Manga World: Ooh! Me want, me want!

XYZ isn't union, it's fusion. And what do you equip it with anyway, besides Heavy Mech Support Cannon? I wasn't saying that Union needs low attack, I was just pointing out that low attack made it unusual.

TheGreatMothim

The Moth/Bug Trainer
    Years
  • Mecha Head Type B
    Machine/Union - Lv 3 - Fire- 1400/1000
    This card can only be Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B". Once per turn you can Equip this card to "Mecha Torso Style B" or Unequip it from "Mecha Torso Style B". While equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B" draw one card from your deck during your Standby Phase.

Robo Sword R. Arm - B
    Machine/Union - Lv 4 - Fire - 1900/800
    This card can only be Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B". Once per turn you can Equip this card to "Mecha Torso Style B" or Unequip it from "Mecha Torso Style B". While equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B" Discard 1 card from your hand to destroy 1 Face-up Attack monster on the field, this effect can only be used once per turn.

Robo Shield L. Arm - B
    Machine/Union - Lv 4 - Fire - 0/2200
    This card can only be Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B". Once per turn you can Equip this card to "Mecha Torso Style B" or Unequip it from "Mecha Torso Style B". While equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B" discard one card from your hand to destroy one Monster in defense Position on the Field, you can only use this effect once per turn.

Mecha Torso Style B
    Machine - Lv 5 - Fire - 2000/1100
    This card can be Equipped with 5 Union Monsters. For each Union monster equipped to this card Decrease the Attack of your Opponents Monsters by 100.

R. Tank Wheel - B
    Machine/Union - Lv 4 - Fire - 1700/1200
    This card can only be Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B". Once per turn you can Equip this card to "Mecha Torso Style B" or Unequip it from "Mecha Torso Style B". While equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B" increase the defense of the equipped monster by 700.

L. Tank Wheel - B
    Machine/Union - Lv 4 - Fire - 1700/1200
    This card can only be Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B". Once per turn you can Equip this card to "Mecha Torso Style B" or Unequip it from "Mecha Torso Style B". While equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B" increase the attack of the Equipped monster by 700.

The Mega Mecha Tank
    Machine - Lv 8 - Fire - 3100/2450
    This card cannot be Normal Summoned, Set or Special Summoned except by Removing from the field and/or Graveyard the following Monsters: "Mecha Head Type B, Robo Sword R. Arm - B, Robo Shield L. Arm - B Mecha Torso Style B, R. Tank Wheel, and L. Tank Wheel."
    While this card is face-up on the Field, Machine Type monsters are uneffected by Your Opponents Spell and Trap cards.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Whoops. Must have missed the wording addition/omission on the E-toons. Anyway, I've got to say that...

Anime "Fixed" Cards: Um... I can't see anything wrong with them, other then they're really more for thematic purposes and don't do much that other cards do already. I mean, I'd just as soon use Card Destruction on my hand then use Card of Demise, and Berserker Soul requires a huge discard cost that I'd rather not be paying. Mischief of Time Goddess is insanely useful, though.

Star Monsters: I like Power Stream, and the others don't have anything wrong with them, so....

Manga World: Ooh! Me want, me want!

XYZ isn't union, it's fusion. And what do you equip it with anyway, besides Heavy Mech Support Cannon? I wasn't saying that Union needs low attack, I was just pointing out that low attack made it unusual.

Maybe you need to rehash on your cards, my friend. I said 'the XYZs', not 'XYZ Dragon Cannon'. All of the alphabet monsters except for X-Head Cannon are union monsters (Hence why Frontline Base and Roll Out! are standard cards in XYZ decks) and they can indeed equip to each other. Y-Dragon equips to X-Head and Z-Metal equips to either of the two others, both granting an Atk boost and the protection thingamajigger. I'm also pretty sure tha W-Wing and V-Tiger can equip to each other, but I don't know those so well and they're the suckiest of the lot anyway. xP

Also, on Card of Demise; it does do something that Card Destruction doesn't. If, for instance, you have just played Scapegoat (meaning full to near-full field) when you activate it and then wait it out, it might well replace a hand of one card with a hand of four, meaning that you incur a -1 for a +3 later on. Card Destruction, on the other hand, always leaves you with a -1. Plus, most decks these days thrive on dumping cards from the deck (I mean, just look at that Card Trooper abuse) to get to key monsters or get certain card combinations in the graveyard as fast as possible, so what you see as a drawback is actually often considered an advantage. (Zombies would absolutely <3 getting more monsters into the graveyard) Same thing for Berserker Soul; I agree that it's a gamble, but imagine summoning something in that range (Say...Don Zaloog?), dropping that down and then playing Lightning Vortex. Pretty brutal, I'd say, as is spamming multiple hits with a direct attacker of suitable size. Heck, stick it on Ben Kai and it's a free attack regardless of what you discard. :3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Alright then...

In that case, Demise's wording is off. Because of the secondary "discard your hand" cost, it makes it sound like you discard your hand and then draw the same number of cards as were in it.

XYZ's: Oops. I only have X-Head and the actual Dragon Cannon, so I'm always forgetting the others. (I told you I was a noob.)

Berserker: 3vil Zaloog? Wow, I didn't know you could do that. *shot'ed*

TheGreatMothim

The Moth/Bug Trainer
    Years
  • Mecha Head Type C
    Machine/Union - Light - Lv 3 - 200/1700
    This card can only be Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style C". Once per turn you can Equip this card to "Mecha Torso Style C" or Unequip it from "Mecha Torso Style C". While equipped to "Mecha Torso Style B" increase the Attack of the equipped monster by 400.

Mecha R. Arm - C
    Machine - Light - Lv 4 - 1650/1550
    This card can only be Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style C". Once per turn you can Equip this card to "Mecha Torso Style C" or Unequip it from "Mecha Torso Style C". While equipped to "Mecha Torso Style C" destroy 1 Set Spell or Trap card on the Field Duing your Battle Phase.

Mecha L. Arm - C
    Machine/Union - Light - Lv 4 - 1650/1550
    This card can only be Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style C". Once per turn you can Equip this card to "Mecha Torso Style C" or Unequip it from "Mecha Torso Style C". While equipped to "Mecha Torso Style C" destroy 1 Monster on the Field Duing your Battle Phase.

Mecha Torso Style C
    Machine - Light - Lv 5 - 2100/1900
    This card can be Equipped with 5 Union Monsters. For each Union monster equipped to this card Increase your Life Points by 300 during your Standby Phase.

Mecha R. Leg - C
    Machine/Union - Light - Lv 4 - 1700/1500
    This card can only be Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style C". Once per turn you can Equip this card to "Mecha Torso Style C" or Unequip it from "Mecha Torso Style C". While equipped to "Mecha Torso Style C" Discard 1 card from your Hand to draw to Cards during your Standby Phase, you can only use this effect once per turn.

Mecha L. Leg - C
    Machine/Union - light - Lv 4 - 1700/1500
    This card can only be Equipped to "Mecha Torso Style C". Once per turn you can Equip this card to "Mecha Torso Style C" or Unequip it from "Mecha Torso Style C". While equipped to "Mecha Torso Style C" Discard 1 card to the graveyard and Randomly discard 1 card from your Opponents Hand, you can only use this effect once Per Turn.

Omega Mecha King
    Machine - light - Lv 10 - 4100/3100
    This card can only be Summoned, Special Summoned or Set by Removing the following Monsters from your Side of the Field and/or Graveyard: Mecha Head Type C. Mecha R. Arm - C. Mecha L. Arm - C. Mecha Torso Style C. Mecha R. Leg - C. and Mecha L. Leg - C. Machine type Monsters on the Field are Uneffected by your Opponents Spell, Trap and Monster cards Effects. Once per turn Remove from Play 1 Machine type monster from your graveyard, if you can not This card is Destroyed.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Alright then...

In that case, Demise's wording is off. Because of the secondary "discard your hand" cost, it makes it sound like you discard your hand and then draw the same number of cards as were in it.

XYZ's: Oops. I only have X-Head and the actual Dragon Cannon, so I'm always forgetting the others. (I told you I was a noob.)

Berserker: 3vil Zaloog? Wow, I didn't know you could do that. *shot'ed*

Well, actually it did say 'the number of cards you discarded from your Deck', but yeah...I see how it could be confused. Changed it, even though it's now open for shameless dark world abuse. =O

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • All those mecha monster is still overly situational for most part... at least XYZ have its fusion in the fusion deck where Omega Mecha King is a dead draw in the deck itself x.x; not to mention, unlike true union monsters, it doesn't have union protection effect... at least if cyber dragon comes out to run over x head cannon, the cannon's union monster dies instead to protect it i think.

Playing with star level is always fun... i love those KA-scissor thingies ehehe :x;

Star Gladiator
    Warrior/Effect
    12 Star/Light
    2600 Atk / 2800 Def

During your main phase, Special Summon this card from your hand if the total amount of star level on all of your opponent's monster equals to 12 or more. When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, declare a star level. Remove from play all monsters of the declared star level on the field.

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Name: Berserkergang
    Card Type: Ritual Magic Card
    Effects: Summons a Berserk Axeman with Tributes. You must offer two Warrior-type monsters as a Tribute to summon this one.
    Rarity: Ultra-Rare

Name: Berserk Axeman
    Card Type: Effect Monster
    Level/Type/Attribute: 7 Stars/Warrior/Dark
    Effects: If there is any monster in both sides of the field with higher ATK than this one, that monster is immediately removed from play and the owner of the monster loses 750 Life Points. No monsters with higher ATK than this one can be summoned as long as this card remains face-up on the field.
    ATK/DEF: 2500/2500

Name: Annulator Dragon
    Level/Type/Attribute: 7 Stars/Dragon/Light
    Effects: "Exodia the Forbidden One" and "Relinquished" can't be played and their effects are annulated, including "Exodia the Forbidden One"'s auto-win effect. If the opponent has a "Lord of D." card on the field, it is removed from play. Whenever one of this cards above goes to the Graveyard or is removed from play, this monster gains 500 ATK points and 1000 DEF points.
    ATK/DEF: 3000/500
    Rarity: Rare

Do you like them?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    All those mecha monster is still overly situational for most part... at least XYZ have its fusion in the fusion deck where Omega Mecha King is a dead draw in the deck itself x.x; not to mention, unlike true union monsters, it doesn't have union protection effect... at least if cyber dragon comes out to run over x head cannon, the cannon's union monster dies instead to protect it i think.

Playing with star level is always fun... i love those KA-scissor thingies ehehe :x;

Star Gladiator
    Warrior/Effect
    12 Star/Light
    2600 Atk / 2800 Def

During your main phase, Special Summon this card from your hand if the total amount of star level on all of your opponent's monster equals to 12 or more. When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, declare a star level. Remove from play all monsters of the declared star level on the field.

(...for my own sake I'll skip over the XYZ debate...oh, and I have WC07 now, Forstweaver & AE...)

Hmm...so basically three general beatsticks equals this thing...honestly, it doesn't seem worth it when Cyber Dragon is so much easier to toss out with only 500 less ATK, unless you're defending....even then, though, there's the 3000 defenders. I could see this card being side-decked, though, just because its "situation" could come up easily.

MysticManyula said:
    Name: Berserkergang
    Card Type: Ritual Magic Card
    Effects: Summons a Berserk Axeman with Tributes. You must offer two Warrior-type monsters as a Tribute to summon this one.

...No. Exiled Force + Mystic Swordsman = ritual? No way.

Name: Berserk Axeman
    Level/Type/Attribute: 7 Stars/Warrior/Dark
    Effects: If there is any monster in both sides of the field with higher ATK than this one, that monster is immediately removed from play and the owner of the monster loses 750 Life Points. No monsters with higher ATK than this one can be summoned as long as this card remains face-up on the field.
    ATK/DEF: 2500/2500

Absolute beatstick-control? I don't think so. On the other hand, it'll become the sole target of your opponent's destruction effects, so it won't be around that long...

Name: Annulator Dragon
    Level/Type/Attribute: 7 Stars/Dragon/Light
    Effects: "Exodia the Forbidden One" and "Relinquished" can't be played and their effects are annulated, including "Exodia the Forbidden One"'s auto-win effect. If the opponent has a "Lord of D." card on the field, it is removed from play. Whenever one of this cards above goes to the Graveyard or is removed from play, this monster gains 500 ATK points and 1000 DEF points.
    ATK/DEF: 3000/500
    Rarity: Rare

This card makes no sense at all. For one thing, "annulated" isn't a YGO term (you're looking for "negated"). On top of that...why in the world should this card get a power boost from three cards that aren't even played competitively anymore?

Do you like them?

Not really, no.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Yeah, I was looking for "negated", but my English isn't very good.

And... Here´s another, hope you all like.

Name: Rain-bow Archer
    Level/Type/Attribute: 5 Stars/Warrior/Light
    Effects: Negates all face-up continous Spell/Trap Cards and Effect Monsters on the field (except this card itself or each other "Rain-bow Archer" on the field).
    ATK/DEF: 2100/2000
    Rarity: Normal

Yeah, I know, it's super bad.
    (And I know, too, that "Rain-bow" is written without that "-", but I'm trying to get that "bow" related to the Archer and to remain together with "Rain", so it is called "Rain-bow Archer". Report, please, any grammar errors here, but I already told my English isn't good)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Free skill drain in a monster's body... continuous spell/trap doesn't really hurt anyone except for Crystal Beasts right now, but the effect monster is quite a killer. However, with only 2100 to be tied with cyber dragon, it should not be hard to get rid of, but a decent boost to skill drain deck not to be so easily screwed by Heavy Storm, Dust Tornado and Twister.

(prepare for endless grinding of DP points, lol... I'm only on lv 3 duelists though cause i don't have enough ST removal against skill drain deck -_-)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    And... Here´s another, hope you all like.

Name: Rain-bow Archer
    Level/Type/Attribute: 5 Stars/Warrior/Light
    Effect: Negate the effect of all face-up continous Spell/Trap Cards and Effect Monsters on the field (except this card itself or each other "Rain-bow Archer" on the field).
    ATK/DEF: 2100/2000
    Rarity: Normal

Yeah, I know, it's super bad.
    (And I know, too, that "Rain-bow" is written without that "-", but I'm trying to get that "bow" related to the Archer and to remain together with "Rain", so it is called "Rain-bow Archer". Report, please, any grammar errors here, but I already told my English isn't good)

Actually, that wasn't too bad. As for the card itself...I think that free negation of Monsters for a monster that ties with Cyber Dragon is a bit too much. The Continuous Spell/Trap part isn't too bad, since there aren't too many that are played (kills your precious WMC, though, Frostweaver), but the free negation of Monsters, well...there goes Gadget, Exiled, and a bunch of other Effect Monsters. At least it doesn't negate the recruiters as-is, though...

Frostweaver said:
    (prepare for endless grinding of DP points, lol... I'm only on lv 3 duelists though cause i don't have enough ST removal against skill drain deck -_-)

I'm guessing this was addressed towards me...? ...Heh, I already got through those...actually, I already got my deck finished (Spirit Caller & Nightmare Troubadour connection effects FTW). I'd like to duel you and/or AE sometime...

Back