• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Favorite Pokémon

Years
My favorites are Garchomp, Luxray, Floatzel, Infernape, Torterra, Cranidos, Lucario, and Leafeon. Flygon used to be my favorite non legendary Dragon Type, but Garchomp easily took its place. I fell in love with it after catching my first one and still add it to nearly all my teams. There's not much I can complain about Garchomp really. Not to mention Cynthia uses one and she's my favorite Champion. The same applies for Luxray, it's one of my most reliable battle partners with a cool design and everything. Not only is it my favorite Electric Type, but it's become my #1 favorite Pokémon overall.

As for Floatzel, the design and personality it seems to exude is what caused me to try training one back in D/P/Pt and there's no regrets. It's one of my favorite Water Types, although when making RP characters I do like making its personality into the more villainous types. Buizel was also rather cute, so that's another plus in my book. Infernape was the starter I chose when I first played Diamond and later Platinum. Besides Lucario, Infernape is one of my favorite Fighting types because of its ability in battle and design. With Torterra, it was the first Grass type starter I trained before the fifth gen. Like Infernape, I like it because of how well it does in battle and design. In Pokémon Battle Revolution, it was on one of my first teams.

Cranidos and Leafeon were both firsts for me, since Diamond was my first handheld game. Also, Leafeon was the first ever Grass type I trained, which I've also come to love. Cranidos was the first Rock type. Both of them have great designs and I definitely like Leafeon's battle ability. It was surprising to see how well it did in battle, especially considering Grass types are not very high on my list of preferred types. Teaching it Leaf Blade was definitely a highlight, considering that's one of my favorite Grass type moves. As for Lucario, well what can I say besides it's just an awesome Pokémon lol.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
From 4th gen my favorite is Infernape because he was a reference to Sun Wukong

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
Design-wise, my favorite Pokemon of this generation are MISMAGIUS, Roserade, Toxicroak, Weavile, Magnezone, Electivire, Tangrowth, and Heat Rotom.
Out of that list, I prefer Roserade, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Heat Rotom, and Weavile battle-wise... ESPECIALLY WEAVILE. I'd say Weavile is the Pokemon I have the most fun using. I just love Weavile to bits, honestly.

On the other hand, my least favorite 4th generation Pokemon is undoubtedly Garchomp. I hate it.
I dislike Dragon-types in general, but Garchomp takes the cake. Imo, it's weird-looking (with an even worse Mega Evolution), and I just hate seeing its ugly mug in battle. I don't know exactly when Garchomp started pissing me off, because I actually used to be fine with it, but I suspect my opinion of it gradually declined once I realized how much of an annoying ass Garchomp is in battles.
Yeah, you're definitely not gonna get any love for Chomp from me :-/

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Gliscor has got to be my favorite. Its cool design and great strategy make it a force to be reckoned with. This thing also got a huge buff in Gen V- Poison Heal.

One way or another, it's my favorite gliding scorpion.

I also love the designs of the Pokémon right after Mantyke. I do like all the Pokémon, but these Pokémon just appeal to me a lot more than others, especially Rhyperior and Tangrowth.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Ooooh! my favorite gen! So many great memories! So many great Pokemon! which ones do i choose... Well my favorite is pretty obvious I think...Buizel! Buizel is my favorite all-time and that is not gonna change. Only water type I'm really willing to use anymore if its available :)

As for the others, Chimchar's entire line is my favorite starter line ever, Gible (just Gible), is so adorable and I love training it. Like to think mine are a bit like Ash's when I train it lol

Let's see, there is also Gliscor, Lopunny, Lucario and Torterra. All just fabulous Pokemon!

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Piplup and Empoleon are my favorite. Piplup because it's adorable and I always chose a water type as my starter and Empoleon because of its design and it's a water/steel type.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2016
^ if trump were a pokemon he'd be a swalot XD.

No seriously though when it comes to 4th gen it's all about Bastiodon for me. It's one of the only fossil pokemon that I really liked, and it stood out to me when I saw it for the first time playin through pearl. Also Toxicroak is a close second because...I mean come on that grin says it all.

kougyoku

Cherrim used Sunny Day!
Years
My fave from this Gen was definitely Garchomp, I always had one on my team whenever I started a new save aha. I also loved Togekiss because it was cute and pretty but also could learn some interesting and useful moves! And I really like Shaymin and Cherrim too just because they're absolutely adorable <3

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Aesthetically, my favorite Pokemon was Darkrai. I just thought that the whole concept of him was col, and that he looked like a really cool ghost. He's like the king of the Dark Pokemon and just oozed evil which I liked. Battling wise, I really liked Electivire. The first time I saw him was in the anime when Paul was fighting Ash, and I thought Electivire was one of the coolest Pokemon ever! He's not that good of a Pokemon now, but in the Gen. 4 metagame he was an offensive game machine. I could put choice specs on him and he could sweep entire teams with his powerful attacks. My favorite Gen. 4 Pokemon from the anime was probably Infernape. Ash's battle with Paul is probably them sot intense battle in the anime to date!

Back