• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Favorite Pokémon

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, specifically, many new Pokémon seemed to have been introduced to us, such as Roserade, Munchlax, Giratina, Arceus, Rotom, Budew, and so forth.

Of all these new Pokémon, which do we find ourselves preferring in terms of appearance? Battle-wise? Why do we like them more than others? Which would be our least favorites, and why? If we were to change anything about any of them, what would it be?

Me—I like Togekiss a lot. Its design is rather cute; it's tough to pull of cute-looking appearances and whatnot on fully-evolved Pokémon, I would imagine, but they seemed to have done the job rather well here! Not only this, but it's also great in terms of battling; it could wreak some decent havoc with combination of Serene Grace ability and the move Air Slash.

Years
Oh man, Giratina.
I never understood the entire Creation trio until I started playing Platinum earlier this year. Giratina grew on me and now is one of my favorite legendaries. His design, his background story, Distortion world, it's almost perfect. (his only imperfection is that he's not Rayquaza,sorry lol)
Also Dialga and Palkia look absolutely badass, and so does Arceus.

Empoleon really got a lot of my attention after playing Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia and Platinum, its a freakin' tank that can handle anything, and it looks like a penguin, yet like a beast. Summed up, he is just so cool.

Buizel, Pachirisu and Combee are pretty cute.

Honchkrow would be so perfect if its design didnt lack some reality. I wish they didnt make it's head look so hat-like.

I love Bronzor's klinging sound.

Magnezone and Luxray are awesome.
Mamoswine lol, I just want to sleep on a real one. Cant wait to ride one in X/Y.

Garchomp is alright, but im kinda disappointed with this generation's dragons.

Other Pokemon worth remembering: Yanmega, Togekiss, Dusknroi, Rotom, all the legendaries. While fifth generation didnt really amaze me with legendaries altogether, this one blew me away :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2018
It's got too be either Roserade or Pachirisu.
I didn't care for Roselia in the slightest, but along comes generation four and Roserade gave me a reason to actually work with it. Roserade not only looks great, but is also actually pretty decent in battle.

Pachirisu is absolutely adorable and, given the right conditions, can also be pretty useful.

People really seem to dislike the Pokémon introduced in this generation, and I genuinely can't see why. I personally feel that generation four had some of the best new introductions to the series.

Reactions: Sun

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
I like Shinx and his entire line. It's so cute and proved himself very useful back on my team in Diamond. Pity I forgot about him because I would have used him in ORAS.
Only two pokemon I really don't like in this generation are Dusknoir and Giratina. They both freak me out and it's even worse because Giratina looks like a giant millipede/centipede flying in the air. Disgusting. I also don't like Dusknoir because of its role in Mystery Dungeon >_> and the fact it looks like its about to snatch me up at any moment.

Years
Gosh the decision is tough!

I really like Pachirisu. Naturally as a fan of cute Pokemon it would make its way high onto my list, especially being part electric given that it's my favorite type.. plus it is also a squirrel. Eeee. I was upset with its low offenses though so I never did use it fully yet.

There's also Mothim. <3 I've always liked the butterfly and moth Pokemon bar Dustox but for some reason something really clicked with this one. It's very nicely-designed and the cry is pretty cool (especially in D/P/Pt themselves).

And goodness the Shinx line. Goes from cute to cool enough even for Sheep's tastes (baha) and it was so reliable in-game.

Years
I love battling with Weavile, Togekiss and Mamoswine. All 3 are great fun to use and easy to obtain. Weavile espesialy cause I have a really strong one thats a permanent fixture on my Ss Battle Frontier team. I wish I could import it to my Pokemon Black, but I don't have a normal ds to do that.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Luxray, Togekiss, Porygon-Z, Leafeon, Glaceon, Darkrai, Uxie, Spiritomb, Empoleon, Cherrim, and Buneary are some of my favorites for the generation. Togekiss is definitely my all time favorite for gen IV though. It's super adorable and at first, I thought it was ridiculous. But it grew on my as more artwork and such was made. My dad even bought me a Togekiss plushie. :) Named it Happy.

Years
I like Fire starters, so I'd say Infernape is my favorite Gen IV Pokemon. It's got a great design, gets some great moves, and can sweep if you overlook it. I picked Chimchar the first time I played a Gen IV game, so that also contributes. Other Pokemon I really like from Gen IV would be Luxray, Lucario, Garchomp, Magmortar, Electivire, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus.

Years
As usual, I decide my favorites by their appearance/designs.

Favorites:
1. Vespiquen
2. Gastrodon
3. Roserade
4. Luxray
5. Cresselia
6. Froslass
7. Lopunny
8. Garchomp
9. Infernape
10. Mismagius/Shaymin

Least favorites:
10. Magnezone
9. Baby Pokemon (Mime Jr, Bonsly, Happiny)
8. Heatmor
7. Bibarel
6. Magmortar
5. Probopass
4. Spiritomb
3. Tangrowth
2. Lickilicki
1. Regigigas

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
My favorite has to be Pachirisu. It's so cute, fun to use in battle, and despite its stats ended up being one of my strongest back in Diamond.
I also love Togekiss, it's design is sweet :3 It's also annoying in battle to go against but if you have one you're more than likely to flinch and paralyze the heck out of your opponents until they rage quit hehe.

I also love Cherrim's design and plan on shiny hunting it soon.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite Gen 4 Pokemon are Infernape, Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Rampardos, Gastrodon, Drifblim, Skuntank, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Spiritomb, Garchomp, Lucario, Drapion, Carnivine, Abomasnow, Weavile, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Leafeon, Gliscor, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, and Manaphy.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
My favourites are Luxray, Empoleon, Staraptor, Rotom, Abomasnow and Honchkrow.

The first three have always been a staple on my Platinum teams. They were alongside me the first and fiftieth time I stepped into the Hall of Fame. I treasure them above most pokemon even though I'd probably feel differently if Platinum wasn't my first game, first team, first everything of the series.

Out of all of them, I'd have to say that Staraptor would be my favourite. The rest are all cool but most I haven't even had experience using.

I loved Staraptor. Being the twisted eight year old I was, I found my creative nickname of Dinner absolutely hilarious. Dinner used Fly! Dinner used Brave Bird! And believe me, I'm still laughing at my own joke now. Which is really sad but I'll stop laughing about it soon. Maybe. Really, Staraptor was the coolest bird I had seen in my life. Easy to train, intimidating design and a matching ability. There's a lot to love. :]

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Weavile, because of how cool it looks and how useful it is in-game, since it outspeeds everything, hits pretty hard (weak stabs though) and helps you beat Cynthia's Garchomp. I also like Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Infernape, Torterra, Empoleon, Staraptor and Dusknoir.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Hard Question!
Id have to say my all time favorites are....

14sjtdc.jpg

Glaceon I love eevee evolutions and its one of my favorites so elegant beautiful and powerful!

2cftlab.png

Shinx Its so cute! I love electric types and that line is Definitely one of my favorite electric types as long as competitive goes!

1zel4ly.jpg

Pacharisu Im a fan of the Pikachu copiers! Its so cute and its actually powerful! Blue electricity people! Blue! Its so powerful and cute i just love it!

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Gen 4 Pokemon were kinda mediocre to me, but there are still some I enjoyed!!

Empoleon and Honchkrow are my top two favorites. Empoleon became my staple starter to use in that generation. Honchkrow on the other hand I used once and I couldn't believe how good it was. I think I ended up dropping most of my team towards the end of the game and just going with Honchkrow and one or two others lol.

I really disliked Pachirisu for being another pikachu cop out, but more annoying and creepy looking lol. Ambipom also brings the creepy factor in... I thought Lickilicky and Rhyperior were poorly designed additions. Lastly I found Heatran to be the most pointless legendary addition in this gen.

Years
Gen IV's Pokémon were mostly not very strong entries except for the added evolutions, but i'll try to keep from mentioning them here. So if we don't count them, it would probably be Staraptor, as it's easily the best first route bird for its usability, and its cry pre-Gen VI. Too bad they butchered it there =(

And least favorite? Combee and Vespiquen can just go away.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I love both Leafeon and Glaceon. They're adorable and are great eeveelutions. I wish people used them more! I used them in my playthroughs and they're pretty awesome.

I also like the creation trio (Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf) as well as Dialga and Palkia. Pretty cool looking legendaries if you ask me.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Love Infernape, Purugly, Mismagius, Garchomp, Infernape and Torterra.

Staraptor's pretty good as well especially as the main flying type.

I wish I could get Frosglass, but everytime I get to that point in the game all the Snorunts are male.

Years
Froslass and Torterra, both in terms of battling and appearance. I adore both these Pokemon, they're probably my two favourite designs in the world of Pokemon and both are amazing for battling. Torterra's Ground-type addition lets it counter Fire-type Pokemon which is beautiful, and the added immunity from Electric-type moves is a nice bonus. Again with Froslass, the Ghost type removes the Fighting-type weakness from it as it becomes immune. But the main reason for my adoration is the design, I can't stress enough how much I love how they look.

Spr_5b_478.png
Spr_5b_389.png

<3

Back