• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite video game quote(s)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Often, there are great games with memorable quotes. Or maybe not so great games with memorable quotes. Either way, what is/are your favourite video game quote/quotes?

I like these two, they're really cool when you hear them the first time. Try and guess where they're from! (they're from two different games)

"Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman."

"Okay. Look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster."

Years
    "Shugi shugi shugi." -Gnar from LoL

idk there is just something that i really like about how he says it

This is my all time favorite though, especially when Clement voices over it:
    "I never cared about justice, and i don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always fought only for the people i believe in. If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" -Zero from Megaman Zero 4

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    "Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair. You know that."

- John Marston, Red Dead Redemption

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2014
    "Humans fear what they don't understand, and they despise what they fear." - Janos, Legacy of Kain series

"Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember... nothing is true. Where other men are limited, remember... everything is permitted. We work in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins." - Ezio, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    "I am Wario-Man! I'm gonna save the world...FROM ALL ITS MONEY!"

Simple and effective.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Here are some of my favorite quotes from the Mass Effect series:

Tali'Zorah nar Rayya: How can you fight your own people?
    Urdnott Wrex: Anyone who fights us is either stupid or on Saren's payroll. Killing the latter is business. Killing the former is a favor to the universe.

Krogan Mercenary: [to a Virtual Intelligence hologram] Tell me what I want to know, or I'll blast your virtual *** into actual dust!

Captain Kirrahe: You all know the mission, and what is at stake. I have come to trust each of you with my life. But I have also heard murmurs of discontent. I share your concerns. We are trained for espionage. We would be legends, but the records are sealed. Glory in battle is not our way. Think of our heroes: the Silent Step, who defeated a nation with a single shot, or the Ever Alert, who kept armies at bay with hidden facts. These giants do not seem to give us solace here, but they are not all that we are. Before the network, there was the Fleet! Before diplomacy, there were SOLDIERS! Our influence stopped the Rachni, but before that, we held the line! Our influence stopped the Krogan, but before that, we held the line! Our influence will stop Saren! In the battle today, we will hold the line!

Gunnery Chief: This, recruits, is a 20-kilo ferrous slug. Feel the weight. Every five seconds, the main gun of an Everest-class dreadnought accelerates one to 1.3 percent of light speed. It impacts with the force of a 38-kilotomb bomb. That is three times the yield of the city buster dropped on Hiroshima back on Earth. That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-***** in space. Now! Serviceman Burnside! What is Newton's First Law?
    First Recruit: Sir! A object in motion stays in motion, sir!
    Gunnery Chief: No credit for partial answers, maggot!
    First Recruit: Sir! Unless acted on by an outside force, sir!
    Gunnery Chief: Damn straight! I dare to assume you ignorant jack***** know that space is empty. Once you fire this husk of metal, it keeps going till it hits something. That can be a ship, or the planet behind that ship. It might go off into deep space and hit somebody else in ten thousand years. If you pull the trigger on this, you're ruining someone's day, somewhere and sometime. That is why you check your **** targets! That is why you wait for the computer to give you a **** firing solution! That is why, Serviceman Chung, we do not "eyeball it!" This is a weapon of mass destruction. You are not a cowboy shooting from the hip!
    Second Recruit: Sir, yes sir!

Grunt: [upon seeing the Geth colossus on Tali's recruitment mission] Why I follow you, Shepard, big things!

Admiral Steven Hackett: Shepard, let me tell you something that I've learned the hard way. You can pay a soldier to fire a gun. You can pay him to charge the enemy and take a hill. But you can't pay him to believe.
    Commander Shepard - Male: I don't follow, Sir.
    Admiral Steven Hackett: When you went up against Sovereign, there was no good reason to believe you'd win. But your crew didn't seem to care. They went along anyway. Your trip through the Omega-4 relay? That was a suicide mission if there ever was one. Yet there your crew was, standing beside you, proud to serve. Why? Because they believed in YOU, their leader! That's what I need now. Where we're taking them is likely to get pretty hairy, and I know you're the one who will get us to the other side.

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy: So you're a real living prothean?
    Javik: As opposed to a fake dead one?
    [silence]
    Tali'Zorah vas Normandy: Uh... okay.

Javik: Your "Joker" pilot insists I call myself "Prothy the Prothean." I insisted he allow me to throw him out the airlock.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    "Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair. You know that."

- John Marston, Red Dead Redemption

THIS. That quote hit home, but that entire game was pretty much perfect. Some other really memorable one-liners that I felt he had included:

"People don't forget. Nothing gets forgiven."
    "My side ain't chosen. My side was given."
    "If you win power remember why you wanted it."

Of course this is the same guy that threatened to put bullets in people's head on a regular basis. I loved Marston's character and most of his quotes.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The best Wario quotes are from the manuals, anyway.

Really, google any Ace Attorney, Kid Icarus Uprising and Hotel Dusk quotes, and you got my answer. The dialog in those games are beyond anything else in the medium.

Observe what memorable quotes can come from this lovable douchebag who is called Kyle Hyde.

MELISSA: Um...Mr. Hyde? Can you help me?
    KYLE: With what?
    MELISSA: One of my wings came off.
    KYLE: You have wings?
    MELISSA: No, my doll. I ripped one of the wings on my doll.
    KYLE: C'mon, kid. Get your old man to fix it.
    MELISSA: He can't sew. He's a man.
    KYLE: He's a surgeon. He sews up people all the ti... HEY! I'M a man!

MARTIN: You claimed to know nothing of Osterzone or his work. And yet you seem
    quite well informed on this matter. How is that? You are also employed as a
    salesman, but lack even the most basic of people skills. So what can we deduce
    from this, hmm?
    KYLE: (Maybe I can deduce my fist to your face. Bet that would shut you up.)
    KYLE: It's an empty glass. Saddest thing I've seen all day.
    ROSA: ...Yes, Mr. Hyde, it's true. Every word.
    KYLE: That's interesting.
    ROSA: ...HA! Oh, Rosa fooled you but good! Ha ha ha ha ha! Oh, I'm sorry,
    Mr. Hyde!
    KYLE: What?
    ROSA: Oh, you should have seen your face... Whew! No, I'm afraid it's just
    a rumor. But when I started here? I thought it was true, too, and for a fact!
    KYLE: Rosa... You made a joke. Did it hurt?
    JEFF: What're you doing in here? This is my room! You'd better get out of
    here now.
    KYLE: Yeah? I thought it was the kitchen. Ain't Rosa around here somewhere?
    ROSA: Mr. Smith! Am I ever happy to see you!
    DUNNING: Huh? What's goin' on, Rosa? Somethin' broke?
    ROSA: It's Mr. Hyde! He's got the key to Room 217!
    DUNNING: ...What?
    KYLE: Oh, crap.
    DUNNING: What're ya doin' with the key t'Room 217?!
    KYLE: It came with dinner. It was a prize.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    THIS. That quote hit home, but that entire game was pretty much perfect. Some other really memorable one-liners that I felt he had included:

"People don't forget. Nothing gets forgiven."
    "My side ain't chosen. My side was given."
    "If you win power remember why you wanted it."

Of course this is the same guy that threatened to put bullets in people's head on a regular basis. I loved Marston's character and most of his quotes.

That game had a very well developed story (John in particular) that just made it feel emotionally alive. Shame it's not on PC though, but Rockstar said the code was a mess so porting it would be difficult and probably result in a badly optimized game if anything. They should have coded it better.

Also:
    "Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Now, I have a terrible memory, so I can't think of a lotta stuff, but I did remember these two:

"It says 'press any key'. Well, which one's the any key?!" -Marine, Starcraft: Brood War

"Who am I? Only the most hardcore asskicker to ever walk the planet is all! The destroyer of everything! The commander of the World Eaters! But hell, you can just call me Gig." -Gig, Soul Nomad and the World Eaters

You'll get more if I remember.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One of my all-time favorite video game quotes would have to be by Ezio from Assassin's Creed series. "When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. Now, the twilight of my life, this understanding has passed into contentment. Love, liberty, and time: once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. Love, most especially, mio caro. For you, our children, our brothers and sisters. For the vast and wonderful world that gave us life, and keeps us guessing. Endless affection, mia Sofia. Forever yours, Ezio Auditore." If you ask me, it's very heart-warming, and helps us learn a lot about his character. Not only that, but it could also be applied to life in general, which makes me like it even more. Whenever you're feeling down or uninspired, just think of this, and hopefully, your feelings would start brightening up.

"Thank you, Mario, but the princess is in another." This one's another of my favorites, and will always be; it's a classic!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    "What is bravery, without a dash of recklessness" - Hawkeye Gough, Dark Souls

And then of course, anything by the announcer from the N64 game of Pokemon Stadium. If you've played that installment of the series, then you can probably recall a lot of these in that awesome voice he has.
    Spoiler:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    "In you, we saw a wound in the force. In you, we saw the end of the force." -Masters Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell, Star Wars: KoToR II

Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong. - Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 3

" You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." - Sovereign, Mass Effect

"To give the Covenant back their bomb." - Spartan 117, Halo 2

Years
    ''War. War never changes.
    Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage.
    In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of nuclear fire and radiation.
    But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of human history. For man had succeeded in destroying the world - but war, war never changes.
    In the early days, thousands were spared the horrors of the holocaust by taking refuge in enormous underground shelters, known as vaults. But when they emerged, they had only the hell of the wastes to greet them - all except those in Vault 101. For on that fateful day, when fire rained from the sky, the giant steel door of Vault 101 slid closed... and never reopened. It was here you were born. It is here you will die.
    Because, in Vault 101: no one ever enters, and no one ever leaves.''
    fallout 3

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
    I could copy/paste the entirety of The Boss' monologue(s) at the end of Metal Gear Solid 3, but I think this line sums it up nicely:

"Politics, economics, the arms race... They're all just arenas for meaningless competition." - The Boss, MGS3

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    From one of my favorite Wii games:

"Everybody deals with grief differently right? Some people **** at funerals. I cut off heads." - Travis Touchdown, No More Heroes 2

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Whenever you die in Prince of Persia Sands of Time and he says "No no no that's not how it happened."

Whenever I hear that I feel like what he really wants to say is, "No, I didn't die there, I'm not that big of a *****."

Back