• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Episode?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Im pretty sure it was the second episode ever because that image of the Spearow coming at Ash and Pikachu jumping up to thunderbolt em will live inside of me forever.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    It was either the episode where Ash catches his Caterpie or the Squirtle Squad one; I really only remember watching those as a kid, and I don't remember which I saw first, but I know we had the Squirtle Squad one on VHS.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
    Pokemon I Choose you
    I'm thirteen so I didn't grow up fully with the original season, more like johto adventures
    But my sister use to watch it and we had tapes of most of the episodes, and I watched the first episode for the first time and I fell in love with pokemon, I still like the anime, I love the manga, but now I'm more into the games. Anyway, my first episode I watched was the first episode

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    The first episode that I saw was probably something from the Johto saga. I remember watching reruns on Cartoon Network, then going onto the official Pokemon site and becoming really confused when their upcoming episodes (which were already about ten episodes into the Hoenn saga) didn't match what I was watching.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    The earliest episode I can remember was "Challenge of the Samurai" with that swordsboy and the Beedrill and Ash's Metapod evolving into a Butterfree.
    Yeah, I remember it well.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Pokemon - I Choose You

The first ever airing

Being the Poke-veteran that I am, I can say that Pokemon - I Choose You, was the first episode I saw, in the first aired version. I fell in love. I stopped once Haruka and Hikari were brought in, as I hate them with a passion.

Years
    The first episode I ever saw was Pokemon - I Choose You! the very first time it aired in Canada.

I remember just tuning to YTV one day in 1998 and ended up watching "Battle Aboard the St. Anne". I think it was the "preview version" of the episode in North America, because I actually remember the narrator saying at the end, something like, "Next time, you'll see how Ash's Pokémon adventure began!" Next Pokémon episode was indeed "Pokémon! I Choose You!".

I remember when that preview came on, and a couple of my friends were excited to watch it, but I refused to because I wanted to see the show from the very start of the series, rather than see a preview part way through the series (I was a stubborn kid). I also remember my friend trying to convince me that Ho-Oh in the first episode was actually Moltres, and we argued about for nearly 3 days :P

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I can't exactly remember the first episode I watched but I believe it was the time when he was to get his very first Pokemon..that episode was hilarious, Gary got so much girls around him. xD

Years
    Mine was ep 56 from Indigo League: The Ultimate Test.
    I was very young at that time. I remember watching TV and suddenly finding out this episode. It was fun. After watching all the episodes, this one is in my favorites list.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
    I got into the pokemon games then heard about the anime (wikipedia) and watch the first episdoe on youtube :)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    When I first moved here when I was 5, I went to a daycare nearby. All they had was pokemon VHS (taking it back old school now lol) And the very first episode I saw was "The Problem with Paras". That is basically how I got so into pokemon, a daycare brainwashed me xD

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    I remember my first episode very well. It was way back in the first season. It was the episode Ash'n co. had came across a School for Pokemon Trianers. The school had some weird method of teaching (or at least the older students had a weird way of "helping" the younger classmen) To the point Misty wanted to put them in there place (only to get put in her's) and Ash wanted to show them the best way to learn was through actual battle.
    I hadn't actually willing watched the episode, you see when Pokemon was on back then it was also on at the same time as Power Rangers on another channel, and that was something I was in to at the time. My brother came into the room with someone of his friends and said I had to to check out this cool new show where little monster beat on each other. I wasn't really for having something I was already watching get interrupting, but being that he was older he eventually won, channel got switched and it was right at the Park Ash's Pikachu was facing the School girl's Cubone. I was instantly hooked XD

Its kinda funny though, it was my brother who introduced me to Pokemon, and yet he would always make fun of me for liking it in the years to come lol

I don't watch the show anymore, and haven't for years(aside form the odd occasion I see it on and curiosity get me to see how its changed which generally ends up with me being disappointed). I just stick to the games now.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Pokémon I Choose You... not the first airing of course, I didn't have a game system until 2008.

I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned Battle Aboard the St. Anne yet. It actually aired before EP001.

Back