• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first Pok?mon Game Ever!

Years
  • My first games were Red and Yellow,I got 'em both on Christmas of '99 (The year Yellow came out.) I didn't know which one to play first,so I played 'em both little bits at a time. To this day I still haven't erased my Red Version...I can't say the same for Yellow though...

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Pinball. (Don't laugth). I got it for my birthday because my mom didn't know anything I guess. I use to think that it was Ash playing a pinball machine. haha. It was cool. I still play it too. Even thouth I have mostly all the pokemon RPGs. (Next after pinball, i got Red. Got love that CHarizard.)

Sylver

Peacekeeper.
    Years
  • My first game was Gold, ahhh those old times. I got it when I was 8 years old, I remember when I was searching surf it took me 1 month, lol, I also remember the bug catcher contest, you know it was every tuesday and thursday so I was always geting up at 0:00 just to participate at the contest, coudn't wait and coudn't sleep all the night becouse of it! XD

Years
    • Age 33
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    my first game?Sliver.My father bought for me and what was funny was that on that same day,in the morning,my cousin came over and i got to see a pokemon game for the first time.He had Sliver too.My father then bought and made me wait till my mom got home to play it.....I dont think I slept that night :rambo:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • My first game was Silver. For a long time it was my only game, and I always played it. I played it so much that I would waste entire days on it. Now I have Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, and FireRed.

Years
  • Pkmn Blue -- I bought it one winter after gettin' fired up by Red which was installed on all tha comps in IT class. ^_^
    I wanted Red but they were all sold out...
    Blue wouldn't save an' it took me 'til summer ta try an' open it an' switch its battery myself so that I could save, yesh not bein' able ta save on a pkmn game sux big time but in the end it was worth it. ^_^
    ...I borrowed it an' never got it back 2 years later... T_T
    But FR/LG make up for that nowadays. ^_^
    ...though not entirely as fun since they're less glitchy. XD

Draik

Hi.
    Years
  • I hardly remember this but when I was 3 years old, my sister and I rented a GBC and Pokemon Red. I remember my sister and my cousin Eva having a poisined Squrtle saying, " Go Squrtle, Go Squrtle, Go Squrtle, Go go!"
    I remember the good days.

Years
  • My first game was Blue, and I got it not too long after the games originally came out in the US in '98...maybe like a week or two afterwards. I remember I kept checking the nearby store to see if they finally had it in... :P Ahh, I was happy to finally be able to get a copy of the game. I had really wanted to get it since reading about the games, and seeing the anime back then, had gotten me interested in them.

Blue, then Yellow, Gold, Silver, Red, and then Leaf Green, is the rough order in which I've gotten the gameboy games. I'd add in Fire Red as well, after Leaf Green, but...that's more my sister's game. I have all my old versions still (though I'm not sure where Red is at the moment), and they all still work, as far as I know.

Uber_Flame

I'm Driving This Boat!Gah
    Years
  • my first game was red,i ot it when it first came out,i totaly owned my freinds on red,my charizard owned,i got them in the following order XD.

red,yellow,silver,crystal,ruby,emerald

i don't have any of those except emerald now...and i'm saving up for a ds so i can get D/P.

Chaos

Started with Blue... Was a fun game. Racked up around 24 hours the first time through, then I restarted... I restart PKMN games a fair bit. ;) I have fun playing them, and get bored when there's no more story to work through...

One of each "generation" for me, so far. And I plan to keep it that way.

Blue, Crystal, Sapphire, FireRed. Next up, Diamond or Pearl!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2005
    My first Pokemon game was a Red...Remember I got it for my birthday, and I was so happy...I played this for LONG time, training Pokemons to level 100, me and my friend switched on who trained which Pokemons sometimes etc (Still have those Pokemons :D) :)
    That is also my favorite, though I'm gonna move on to LG now...Wanna have full colors :P

Skarmorylugia

The Skarmory-Obsessed Girl
    Years
  • My first Pokemon game was Blue version...I remember when I first got it....I got both a GBC and Blue at the same time....my dad got it for me....like....either 2 or 3 weeks after it came out in the US....I don't remember how old I was then, but I tell you, when he gave it to me, I tore the box open(no, literally tore it to pieces) and put it in the GBC, not even bothering to read the manual. It was hilarious, I was stuck in Pallet Town for an hour because I couldn't figure out where Oak was. Then I finally got frustrated and walked into the grass. Well, whaddya know, there was Oak walking up to me. I'm all, "Why didn't I do this earlier?" A few days later I got to Cinnabar Island, and then I ran into Missingno. by accident. I was terrified that I shut it off and didn't play it for 2 days. Then I played it again, and I found that I had to beat Blaine again, because I didn't save the game before I encountered Missingno., and that was right after I beat Blaine! It was funny.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Game Boy Pocket was out and I think Red/Blue were out maybe early, not sure around the time I got mine. I got blue version. It was a day when I was well next year let's say i'd be double of what I was then in years and a lot more stupider. It was on an Island in the Azores called Tecerria. My Dad brought home my sister's gameboy game that came in the mail for her and told me they didn't have it for me yet and that it was gonna be a couple more weeks. But then when my Dad came back later that day he had checked the post office again and there it was =P wooo!!!! I made so many mistakes and stuff in that game but yeah, ultimately I beat the whole thing.

Dooley

Trainer
    Years
  • man this makes me think of better times... well the first one i played was pokemon blue and when i put it in i was like WTF is going on what is the little blue thing called Squirtle and that is what got me to start playing pokemon

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • My first game was Yellow, got it as my first ever Game Boy game, as well as my first Game Boy, a Color one, very rare on my school those days!! (I still miss you my beloved Pikachu lv 81), then I got my Silver version (the prettiest Feraligatr I've ever known, she was hot, not just in battle!). This was when my best friend got his first too, Gold. Then, I got my Ruby (I love you my Big Muddy) and my FireRed (Big Muddy and Charizard, a team of desperate losers! But I still hug them once in a while!)!

My friend got Sapphire and LeafGreen to oppose me (and to get some linkability), but he has also got a Swampert! *Kills it!*

Ever since 2000 I'm a full-time Pok?mon addict!

Back