• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
I've heard that X and Y has revised the chances of finding shinies, and they're now more common (obviously still ridiculously rare)... don't know if it's true, but I haven't found one shiny so far. Then again, I've never had good luck with shinies; I've found one total in Crystal years ago, a Golbat. Wish I could transfer it over...
i havent read anywhere about them changing the formula but they did bring back the poke radar so if they did mention it being easier then they could have been referring to that

Years
I'm wondering if Mega Evolution also have a shiny form. Like, a shiny charizard would have different mega evolution colors. Would be awkward to see a shiny charizard using charizatite Y or however you call it, into a red charizard.

yea they do, my friend got a shiney Gengar and the mega evo form is pure white...

Last edited:

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I really feel like curling into a ball and crying. I ran into a shiny hoarde gulpin and killed it cause I was confused by the order and 1HKO'D it :'(

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
Years
:(, I went to the Shop... I looked to the games and... NO POKEMON X OR Y!!
I walked to the Guy-Who-Sells-All-That-Stuff-Cause-I-Don´t-Know-How-To-Say-It-In-English and I asked...Then he said: Nee, die zijn uitverkocht. (That means:''No,they're sold out.'' Cause I'm from The Netherlands).. So then I walked to the other shop.. I looked again and didn't see them AGAIN.. Aaaaaaaan they also were sold out in that shop... Then I walked AGAIN to the next and last shop... I didn't see them AGAIN.. They were sold out AGAIN.. So i reserved one..

IT WAS F#"$ing !" OCTOBER, 13:00 AND IN A CITY WITH A POPULATION OF 18,518 ITS NOT COOL THAT IT WAS SOLD OUT SO QUICK!!

But I'll get Pokemon Y tomorrow so.. I'LL GO LOOK FOR SOME SHINY'S :)!

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I don't have the game yet. *cries in corner*

But somone posted a picture of their shiny Miltank on Reddit~; it looked so cute!

Years
I found a shiny Skiddo while hunting for an Adamant Pancham on my first night playing the game.

cVpKISk.png

1RJvSNC.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 2, 2021
Guess I may as well join the club. Less than 3 hours into the game caught a shiny plusle with a quick ball I got like 10 minutes before I found it. Though I guess I have better luck with shinies than most people since it is like the 5th non-hacked shiny I have found since 3rd generation.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
I caught a shiny Pikachu after constantly running from other pikachu's because I was trying to find a weedle.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Almost to the 7th Gym. I keep going back to look for a Shiny Honedge or Espurr....still no luck. I really don't think they made it easier at all and it was just a wishful rumor.

i havent read anywhere about them changing the formula but they did bring back the poke radar so if they did mention it being easier then they could have been referring to that
A friend of mine got it and says you can't even use the Radar as it used to be used. I dunno. It may have a different use unless someone here has it and it does like it used to. My Friend keeps getting the "Time and place to use this" message while standing near grass.

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
I find it so weird that people haven't found more shinies. I have played the games since gen 1 so that's a big part of it but not counting the shiny gyarados in gold/silver I have found without cheating or hacking:

Wooper (GSC)
Grimer (GSC hack)
Caterpie (Fire Red)
Natu (Leaf Green)
Taillow (Fire Red hack)
Koffing (Leaf Green)
Poochyena (Emerald)
Nidoran (m) (Leaf Green) - Raised him all the way to level 100
Staravia (Diamond)

Honestly it's to the point where I have probably forgot one or two because I have been so lucky in finding them. It is so exciting and I wish you all the best in finding your own.

I wouldn't be opposed to them slightly altering the ratios because it is so much fun finding them and I think they should make it so you get about 1 per play through. But I heard it got knocked all the way to 1/250 which would be a little ridiculous.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I just found a shiny Mawile in the friend Safari and nearly didn't realise! xD Here he is. :) Gonna try and get pics of Mega Mawile soon once I get the stone.

Spoiler:

Years
I just managed to find a shiny in the friend safari, a new pokemon as well

Spoiler:

I'd been wondering what the shiny colour would be for it. glad it's so different than the normal.

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
Years
Does it still increases the chances to get a shiny if you breed two Pokémon form different regions? Let's say a Japanese Ditto and a European Charmander?

Naoto

Detective Kouhai
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 20, 2014
Caught a shiny snover. It was purely accidental; I was only going thru route 17 when I accidentally encountered the thing, managed to catch it tho ;;. I found this hilarious since I found another shiny two weeks ago on my black 2 game (maybe I have really dumb luck? a good deal of pokemon I caught have good natures as well ahah)

That aside, I might try to use it in a competitive battle team too, since I found out I can work around with its nature (adamant)

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
SOOO while looking for a llitwick to make eggs hatch faster i ran into a shiny liepars by random luck. My second shiny. What happens? IT DIES FROM A FU**ING CRITICAL WING ATTACK. THAT MAKES TWO SHINIES I'VE KILLED. I think god hates me :/

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2014
Is there a trick to get shiny pokemon or is it just luck? Never found one

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I don't think the Poke-gods look fondly upon me.

I've been playing the games since they first came out, and I've yet to even encounter a shiny in the wild in any of the games.

:( One day!

Back