• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • For anyone looking for a random first shiny, I highly recommend the consecutive fishing method. I've caught three shiny Pokemon within one sitting already, and still going. Of course your shiny options are only limited to fish, but who cares!

What exactly is the consecutive fishing method? :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    shinys are so easy to find in the friend safari im waiting on my 5th one..

breeders get them a lot easier this gen also.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • @Aurorabeam Consecutive fishing is when you pick a good spot and fish. Lure, run from battle, lure again. If this goes uninterrupted for long enough you'll most definitely find a shiny.

It's how I found this beauty. <3
    Spoiler:

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    MM'in for this shiny ralts is making me physically ill. TWELVE BOXES ARE FULL OF THOS LITTLE GREEN BASTARDS. WHY CAN'T ONE OF THEM JUST BE BLUE. I just wanna play the game but I can't give up now :(

-Slick-

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    So far in my Y I found a shiny Fraxure with Jolly nature and 30 attack ivs and a shiny Slugma. Will update if I find more shinies.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • just got my 8 shiny... a skrelp from my Y game

Edit: got a Remoraid at 5.20. my 9th so far. I need to move away from fish chaining

Last edited:

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Yes!!!! Chain fishing totally works!!! I got a beautiful orange Shellder after under 30 encounters :D Gave up on shiny ralts after a ludicrous 400 eggs so this makes up for it <3 now to find a shiny skrelp and a water stone :P

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • Yes!!!! Chain fishing totally works!!! I got a beautiful orange Shellder after under 30 encounters :D Gave up on shiny ralts after a ludicrous 400 eggs so this makes up for it <3 now to find a shiny skrelp and a water stone :P

I'm stuck in a chain I dont wanna break ha ive found my 10th shiny, a Alomomola. its actually 11 but im not counting the second Remoraid. Fish chaining is too easy.luckily theres only a limited amount

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I just tried chain fishing today and got to a chain of 21 and found a shiny relicanth! I named it ancient relic.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    After all the consecutive streaks:
    Spoiler:

I finally got it.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Finally got rewarded for all the fish chaining. Just caught a shiny corsola.

I'll post a picture later, I'm still chaining on the spot.

Years
  • Got 3 more today, total of 4. Already had my emolga from friend safari, caught two water types that I dont like and bred a shiny gastly :D so pleased, Im going to have a shiny mega gengar

-Slick-

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    So far in my Y I found a shiny Fraxure with Jolly nature and 30 attack ivs and a shiny Slugma. Will update if I find more shinies.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So after catching that shiny Fraxure this morning, I just got a shiny Growlithe this afternoon. It has "alert to sounds" characteristic meaning it should have good speed.
    Spoiler:

So far things are looking good. Will update if I find anymore.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    currently working on fish chaining and nothing is working. i got my suction cup malamar in front and i keep fishing in the same spot and noting. i have no patience whatsoever for this kind of stuff.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i got a shiny relicanth. i screamed and my dad got me in trouble...

Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

i got him with the chain fishing and i named him rellish

Back