• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2013
    On my X version game I came across a shiny Bidoof before even getting my first badge. I caught it since, well, shiny. But I wound up trading it on the GTS for a Togepi because... well, Bidoof.

On my Y version I encountered a Shiny Nosepass in a hoard encounter, but it wound up being beaten while I was trying to thin the crowd. It must have been friendly fire, because while I wasn't watching the attacks, I was making very sure I didn't target the shiny...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Adding Basculin and Alomomola to my list of shinies. Basculin was a pain to catch and if I didn't notice the sparkles from the corner of my eyes I would've missed it. Alomomola was kind of random because I wanted Lanturn and the first Alomomola I found was shiny hahah.

Currently trying t get a shiny Corsola or a shiny Clampearl because why not.

Years
    Adding Basculin and Alomomola to my list of shinies. Basculin was a pain to catch and if I didn't notice the sparkles from the corner of my eyes I would've missed it. Alomomola was kind of random because I wanted Lanturn and the first Alomomola I found was shiny hahah.

I have a little advice for you if you want a Lanturn, I caught two Chinchous using this method.

Normally, you put a Pokemon like Inkay with Suction Cups first in your party right?

Well, I found that my chains didn't get broken when I put my Raichu with static (I even got a 189 chain, shiny Chinchou was reeeally shy...) first and thanks to that I mostly saw Chinchou and managed to catch a second one because I wanted volt absorb.

Hope that helps. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    YAY SHINY MEGA PINSIR||| POKEMON X

/watch?v=myaD3ofSlDc « youtube

Got a pinsir on a 13 chain, Mega shiny Pinsir look so beast!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    lol...a shiny Relicanth which felt pretty underwhelming compared to my previous encounters with a shiny pokemon. Colors looks nice and all, but chaining 55 times in a row took the fun out of it for me.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I just caught a shiny Growlithe in a Friend Safari. It's a boy with the Hidden Ability Justified. I'm so happy because Growlithe is my favorite Pokemon!

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
    I've never gotten a shiny, and I've been playing Pokemon for at least 8 years at this point ;-;

On another note, does anyone else think shiny Heliolisk look kinda dumb?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    I caught a shiny Combee at random while trying to catch a good Ralts (not even looking for shiny) about 2 badges in to the game. Only problem is that it's male >.< Oh well, I use it for sweet scent just to make him feel wanted.

I tried out the chain fishing method and got a shiny Horsea! And it's Jolly! And it came with its own Dragon Scale! I literally could not have asked for a better Horsea.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I chained a shiny skiddo today, I love the colors on it.

Years
    Now clocking 100 hours without a shiny in this game. Maybe I should just forget about it.

I can't wait for Pokemon Bank.

Scwib

His Scwibliness
    Years
    I just hatched and trained a female shiny Mawile. Shiny Mega Mawile is pink and purple - a great color scheme for female Mawile. I couldn't be happier :)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I was trying to catch a Dratini/Dragonair, and came across a shiny Basculin. It ended up using Double Edge and killing itself. I've came across shinies before, and Basculin being a Pokemon I just don't care about, coupled with its shiny version looking dull, I just really did not care.

Years
    My shiny goomy evolved today. I'm kinda sad but sligoo is so cute too! Not sure if I want to evolve it into a goodra though...

Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Last night at 11:30 i caught a shiny furfrou. I had been chaining for an hour and it took around 90 resets with the radar to find it. I named him heartless dog since it reminds me of heartless from kingdom hearts. He is quite tanky, his best stats are hp and attack. His ability halves physical damage to!

Edit: just found a shiny abra at a chain of 38! It's for my older bro though.

Last edited:
    Back