• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years

• in all of my years of playing pokemon, and i've played since blue,
    i have never once encountered a shiny in the wild
    and i have also tried for years with masuda methods and never had any luck
    and i'm /still/ trying masuda method for an espurr in this gen [800 eggs so far, haha... ha...]
    and i have been very patient. u vu

so i don't know, i was kind of happy that they gave us a way to get some shinies.
    i caught my first ever shiny a few days ago--a shiny gyrados
    and i was so excited!!!

so yeah while it's a little easier to find them now,
    it's nice for people like me who never got to own one before.
    besides, it's all fish pokemon. :p
    other types are much harder to find.

that being said i've been in the friend safari for hours now
    no luck for me.

Yeah, but it really hurts to the people that have spent a lot of time with the intention of getting shinies. I had to hatch almost 4000 eggs for one shiny; and I've never encountered a completely random shiny in the wild either. x3

Years
  • My first shiny was in the FS and was a skarmory.. unfortunately it killed itself (on my furfrous rocky helmet- I admit, I should have switched out!) but within 10 minutes another one popped up so promptly caught it! I then left and went into another field, and within 2 minutes a shiny combee became mine (male, but still cute!) And my third is a shiny cacturne, again, in a FS but this was after looking for a shiny absol for 3 and a half hours -_-. I NEVER get shinies so am glad the FS keeps giving out some to people like me who were beginning to lose hope!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Just got a modest shiny Octillery through chain fishing, was hoping it would be an Octillery.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    I received a Shiny Klefki with Impish nature last night from a trade. I finished EV training it a few minutes ago.

And I also got a Shiny Vivillon from a trade last night. I am very happy. I want more Vivillons lol.

Years
  • I received a Shiny Klefki with Impish nature last night from a trade. I finished EV training it a few minutes ago.

Lucky you! I want one! :o

While I was searching for a shiny ditto with imposter, a shiny Loudred showed up.

Not my kind of Pokemon, but can't say no to a shiny...

And I got a few shiny Pokemon from trades, so I'm quite happy.

However, the Pokeradar is awful... I managed once, to get a shiny, (a Furfrou) and I've tried chaining several times since then but even though I'm following the rules, my chains tend to get broken eventually, by a random Pokemon, or the music stops just like that.

It's like I'm being trolled or something. >.<

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I've spent a total of 10 hours in the Friend Safari, tried chain fishing with two 60+ chains, given pokéradar a go (got to 40 a few times) and still no shinies for me.

I think y'all might be lying and shinies are just one big lie ;D

Years
  • As it stands I have three a Poliwhirl (now a Poliwrath), an Octillery and a Clauncher (which I will evolve) all from chain fishing (Ive been very luck in the fact that ive only had to fish about 40 chains to get each of them). Am hoping one day an awesome shiny will randomly pop up for me.

Years
  • However, the Pokeradar is awful... I managed once, to get a shiny, (a Furfrou) and I've tried chaining several times since then but even though I'm following the rules, my chains tend to get broken eventually, by a random Pokemon, or the music stops just like that.

It's like I'm being trolled or something. >.<

I know the feel :S, I still have yet to get a shiny patch of grass and my longest chain has been of 33;_; but it always breaks.

Anyway, I got a shiny today while looking for an abra... I really wasnt expecting a shiny espurr(ette) of awesomeness, I think I'll call her Lady Chaos XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    My shiny is kecleon, aipom, and magikarp which has perfect attack ivs. lol i guess i was lucky with magikarp

fireflystorm

shsl loser
    Years
  • My first shiny was Clawitzer; my second was Poliwhirl (which is now a beautiful blue Politoed!). Obviously I've been hitting the fishing chains pretty hard. I also have a shiny Ditto, and I've been searching for a shiny Magikarp and basically anything shiny from the Friend Safari but it takes time I don't always have, haha.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Got my first chain-fished shiny!

I stayed up till 4 am, got me a shiny Relicanth, and named it Impurity.

fireflystorm

shsl loser
    Years
  • Chain-fishing for shinies is a lot of fun. I've gotten two that way! My first was shiny Clawitzer, and I didn't even recognize it at first.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Powerstars, since there was an existing thread to share your shiny hunting triumphs, I merged the two threads.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I cought a shiny Dragalge the other night while chain fishing. It looks sooo freaking cool with is purple self. First shiny in this Gen!

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • Context:
    220+ hours on Pearl, probably a good 100 on RB, 100 on SC, 100 on Sapphire and a few hours on White, so maybe 500+ hours of playtime before X and I found ONE shiny.

40 hours on X, I have; Staryu, Pancham and Clauncher.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I found 3 yesterday, all in the Friend Safari. :) A shiny Ninetales for my brother, a shiny Floette and a shiny Meditite while searching for a shiny Breloom. Sadly the latter two have bad IVs & abilities, but I love them none-the-less. :)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I finally Masuda Method-Ed my way to a shiny Eevee, today! I've always wanted one since The dark type introduced Umbreon, and now I have one! So friggin happy!

Back