• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
    I've been playing since yellow and have only gotten 2 shiny Pokemon, this is excluding all of the event shiny Pokemon I have. I caught a shiny Pidove female while hatching eggs on Black and in X I hatched a Shiny Squirtle on accident {D:}

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I got a Shiny Togepi yesterday after MM'ing for one and it's a Togetic now. It's my first and only shiny this generation, but here's hoping for more in the future!

Years
    finally got my first shiny

After hours of hatching kangaskhan eggs and getting no luck i decided to just carry on the game
    went into the lost hotel and run into a shiny pawniard

any1else jus had luck and randomly run into a shiny

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    wait, you're given a shiny lapras? why have I not heard of this?! D: Better question, why have I not found the place, yet?!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    wait, you're given a shiny lapras? why have I not heard of this?! D: Better question, why have I not found the place, yet?!

it was just by chance that it was shiny. it was on route 12 where they guy give you a Lapras

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    All I've gotten was a shiny Seviper in a horde trying to chain a shiny Absol. Alas, I didn't get the Absol ( ._.). First ever shiny though! Been playing since Red and Blue and I've never had one.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
    I've sadly only gotten a Luvdisc through consecutive fishing... my chain went up to 69 before it appeared. Coincidentally, before I captured a normal Luvdisc to get its Pokedex page and named it 69 cuz I was bored and immature. I think I know what my lucky number is.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    Thanks to Masuda's Method(and I hatch A LOT), got these so far:

4iv 25Speed Mawile, purple and cute
    4iv 29Spt.Def Magikarp, probably the best Pokemon to start hatching
    5iv 28Def Axew, black Haxorus my favorite

and those caught in safari or by chaining:
    2iv Sawk, purple, wasn't paying attention almost missed it
    3iv Ditto, blue, caught in a 90+ chaining
    2iv Masquerain, was a surprise

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    This is insane! I just caught a shiny Sandslash, and then a shiny Gible within a few hours of each other! I'm freaking out! I've NEVER had such luck with wild shiny encounters!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2015
    Figured I'd try chaining for the first time, as I've only ever caught one shiny before (not inc. red gyarados, a tentacool in gen 3, I think :/). Literally the first patch I walked into after using the pokéradar for the first time was a shiny pancham. Woop :D

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
    Years
    I have played since pokemon sapphire, and found a total of over 50 shinies. It is about.. 54 now? yes, 54. I also hard rumours that tipping people in pokemon x and y will increase the odds of finding shinies. well, with my new Japanese charmander, I will have more soon. Bye now.

Years
    I found a shiny Trevenant while I was EV training my Talonflame in that weird scary forest. And yesterday I hatched a shiny Froakie who is now my main Greninja, he looks so cool!

Kai Hirogame

The Mechanic
    Years
    I caught a Shiny Skiddo during my playthrough and found a Shiny Braixen in a Friend Safari.

Bad memories linked to that last one though, seeing as the Pokémon Group I was with at the time started to rip on it because I named her "Hermione"... What, she's a female magician with dark robes! I wanted to call her Morgan Le Fey but that didn't fit...

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
    I caught a shiny Poliwhirl and Clawitzer through consecutive fishing this morning. Poliwhirl took 51 encounters while Clawitzer took only 5!

Back