• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 18, 2014
I got a random shiny Liepard while playing through, and then later a shiny Stunky in a horde. I also got shiny Munna in a friend safari, but that's the extent of it as of now.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
I just caught a Shiny Heracross the other day. Did I feel lucky? Yes, I did.

The only other shinies I've ever encountered were the Red Gyarados in HeartGold, and then a shiny Lairon that used Roar on me in Emerald. But I also caught a shiny Slugma in that game.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
My shinies so far

- Shiny Poliwag
- Shiny Poliwhirl --> Shiny Poliwrath
- Shiny Dragalge
- Shiny Relicanth
- Shiny Luvdisc
- Shiny Remoraid --> Shiny Octillery
- Shiny Alomomola
- Shiny Seadra
- Shiny Clampearl
- Shiny Magneton --> Shiny Magnezone
- Shiny Mawile

Years
Today was just like, the worst ever for me but I did get something good in the end:

195.png

Quagsire ♂ | Lv30
Adamant nature
Damp
Impetuous and silly

He's my sixth shiny in X and the first to not be from the Coastal Dex area, which I always wanted for ages. Although that means I now have three Water-type shinies in the game, he's still a pretty boy to me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 27, 2017
I caught 3 Skrelps, 2 Relicanths, a Horsea and a Seadra so far with chain fishing. Also caught a Hardy-natured male Nosepass from a random Horde Battle (first shiny in the game). I plan to try shiny hunting with hordes and through the Masuda method once I beat the E4.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Today, I've managed to find shiny Pidgey on Route 3; caught it immediately. Most shinies I've ran into so far seems to be Adamant, and so is this. Adamant is a good nature for it, though, so I have no complaints. :]

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
So far I have a collection of 3 shinies, all of which were obtained unexpectedly.

The first was a Shiny Aron which I hatched because I had Lairon and just wanted the unevolved form for my regional pokedex.

The second, I was looking for things on the GTS to complete my National Dex. I didn't realize the Tranquil I got in exchange for a Mantine was shiny until after the trade completed. I doubt its legit, though.

The last one was a gift. Months before Pokebank came out, I told a friend I'd give him a Shiny Ralts for free once Pokebank came out for me to transfer it, because I had left overs from chaining in Diamond version. After I traded it to him, he then said it was time to pay me back. I was really surprised when he then gave me a Shiny lv100 Altaria for free, Kalos-bred too. :)

Jaystar

Sinnoh Veteran
Years
I had never gotten a shiny in any Pokemon game before, but I ran into a tan, sparkly Pidgy on Route 3 completely by accident. :D But I already had a Fletchling, so I kind of left it in the PC

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
I was grinding and managed to get a shiny exeggcute, then after I beat the game I chain fished for a clauncher, and finally I got a hoothoot from a friend safari. I never had shiny before (Obviously aside from red gyrados and W2 post game dragonite.) and now I've got three of them. I don't even have the shiny charm, my luck is starting to change I think :)

Years
I think I might of mentioned this a few weeks ago in the Wondertrade thread.. I was doing some random trading, and someone sent me a shiny Patrat.. be it on accident or on purpose, I'm not totally sure. Funny enough, I didn't have that guy in my dex yet. So it works pretty well.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I found a shiny Braixen. a Shiny Braixen! A SHINY BRAIXEN! and you know what happened? I RAAAAANNN!!! And to think I spent alot of time "frolicking" in the Safari to find one only to LOSE it because I wasn't paying ATTENTION!

(I apologize for my outburst. I really do ;_; ) DX

Spry

Bird is the word
Years
I hatched myself a shiny Blitzle last night :D It hatched while i was trying to get more eggs from the day care man, and i jokingly said while it has hatching "If this is shiny i'm gonna freak out" Let's just say i'm a man of my word :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 27, 2017
Okay, I literally just caught a Shiny Lampent and a Shiny Phantump from a Friend Safari within 5 minutes of each other, then I found another Lampent just a few minutes ago. Do Friend Safari's up the ratio or am I just incredibly lucky? Either way, these are shinies I love, so I'm very happy about it!

Years
I have so many shinies I lost track... like... 160? dunno.

My latest acquisition was a 31/x/31/31/31/31 timid Gengar in a moon ball.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've gotten a hold of shiny Togepi tonight while Wonder Trading. Gave it away to my friend for Beldum, though, as I already had shiny Togekiss. :P I definitely don't regret it though, haha. It didn't have good nature, anyway, and had only two perfect IVs.

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
Whoo shiny collection thread. first Horde with geodude i had a shiny one. had a few scraggy shiny when i was EV training for ATK and 1 vanillite in frost cavern horde. Friend safari i had a shiny gourgeist.Another horde had me a shiny trevenant i also MM'd a shiny phantump for competitive stuff the horde one was so bad. MMing i have hatched shiny ralts/Carbink/Eevee/Swirlix i am working on klefki right now. chain fishing i have skrelp and remoraid.

edit shiny Klefki hatched but its missing def iv's into my shiny trade box it goes.the egg hatching continues. After using an IV calc it turns out My shiny Klefki has 28-29 def iv so i am now happy.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I deposited my extra caught Dittos on the GTS and wrote in the description the 3IVs that it only had. Then, I asked my bro a PKMN I would want in return. He suggested a Lucario.

A few minutes later, I checked the GTS status, and yeah, someone traded my Ditto for their...shiny Lucario. ^^

Back