• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

xRangii

Quack. I'm a Duck.
Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2021
    I found a shiny Teddiursa in the Friend Safari. Ooh I was so excited I literally screamed! My first legit catch.
    I've heard that the Friend Safari has increased shiny rates - if you and your friend are both online, you have a better chance of encountering a shiny in their safari. Can anyone confirm this or dispell the rumour? I've seen numerous of posts about this on other sites claiming this so I tried it out for myself and found my sweet little Emerald (that's his name) in about 15 minutes. Either it's true or just pure luck.

Years
  • Argh, still haven't found and shinies in the friend safari. I decided to evolve my shiny Poliwhirl into a Poliwrath, mainly because he didn't have the nature I want for a Politoed. I should take some pictures of him in Pokemon Amie because he's pretty hilarious.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    i hatched a shiny female gastly recently, my very first shiny ever lol. was wondering if anyone has a male low level shiny gastly they'd like to trade for my female shiny gastly. if interested plz pm me

Years
  • I got a shiny Scyther from breeding!!! It was the Masuda Method and it was unintentional. I was breeding using one I got from wonder trade and one I had caught. It has a horrid nature and no good IVs but hey its shiny and I'ma train it up anyway. :D Sadly it will not let me post pics due to the fact I haven't made 15 posts.

*Update* I also just caught a shiny Relicanth after a chain of about 20ish :D then nothing for the next 40 or so until I messed up my chain.

Last edited:

Pr3

Years
  • I just got a Shiny Eevee in the FS. It's Quiet natured with 31IVS in HP, SpDef, & Speed.

photo2.jpg

Can anyone tell me if Quiet nature is ok? And which I should evolve him to? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I've been searching for a shiny Trevenant for 2 days now. Somehow my Pokeradar chains get broken after 23 encounters. I'm ready to savagely kill the next Jigglypuff I see... But I will perservere!

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
  • I've caught three shiny Pokemon in X so far! A shiny Clauncher (from chain fishing obviously), a shiny Espurr (Modest) from the friend safari and just today while I was catching Noibat to breed, I was cooking dinner when a shiny Noibat (Lonely nature, oh well) came at me out of nowhere (Also in the friend safari)!

Espurr (Large Image)
    Spoiler:

Meowstic - Evolved Espurr (Large Image)
    Spoiler:

Noibat (Tiny image)
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2017
    I caught a shiny Dunsparce 2 weeks ago while searching around for other Pokemon. It was the only time I wasn't looking for a shiny :p

Pr3

Years
  • I want a Shiny Brave Honedge, what is my best option to get nature/Iv/shiny. Can I do Masuda's method and keep nature? Or do I need to breed the perfect Honedge with 2 Honedges the normal way? With everstone of the female and destiny knot on the male? Could use some advice before I undertake this huge endeavor.

Years
  • Yesterday I got two shiny skrelps, and today I got a shiny barboach after (get this) THREE ENCOUNTERS. The first skrelp was in about 6, and the second in maybe 10. o-o Wish i had this luck with goomy.

Years
  • I want a Shiny Brave Honedge, what is my best option to get nature/Iv/shiny. Can I do Masuda's method and keep nature? Or do I need to breed the perfect Honedge with 2 Honedges the normal way? With everstone of the female and destiny knot on the male? Could use some advice before I undertake this huge endeavor.

Yes, you can keep the nature you want by making one of your Pokemon hold an everstone.

It works with Ditto too. Give the destiny knot to the other Pokemon if he has good Ivs.

Good luck to you, I'm trying to have a shiny as well. :)

Pr3

Years
  • Do you guys think Sweet Scenting hordes is a viable option for finding shiny Pokemon?

Found a lot of youtube videos with horde shines. I think you have better odds in FS tbh, and they come with @ least 2 perfect Ivs. That and synchronize - perfect nature.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    Found a lot of youtube videos with horde shines. I think you have better odds in FS tbh, and they come with @ least 2 perfect Ivs. That and synchronize - perfect nature.

I just really want a shiny Trevenant, been using the Pokeradar, but to no avail and I don't have a friend with Phantump in his/her FS.

Back