• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Pr3

Years
  • Yeah, then hordes is your best option. Add people though.. I have plenty of Phantumps in my friend list. Not an uncommon FS.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    Update: After scenting 100 hordes I decided to try the Pokeradar again, stepped into the first shaking patch and up pops a shiny Jigglypuff. The irony is giving me gall.

Years
  • So, is it easier to find shiny Pokemon in X&Y? I want a shiny Eevee and I hatched ~ 500+ eggs in Black 2 (before X&Y were released) and I wasn't lucky. Should I try again in X? :\

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • So, is it easier to find shiny Pokemon in X&Y? I want a shiny Eevee and I hatched ~ 500+ eggs in Black 2 (before X&Y were released) and I wasn't lucky. Should I try again in X? :\

well I got my Eevee after 6 eggs, but the way I do it is if I dont see any shinies for the whole day I make a box full at night to see if I get lucky

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    So far I only have two and they were from fishing training 3 if you count evoloutions,but i have a remoraide/octillery and a Skrelp.

Pr3

Years
  • I didn't mean any offense The Leafeon, I didn't see the comment but I assume it was bad :P. I was just saying I didn't know synchronize existed when I got my first shiny. I didn't mean to implicated or degrading your shiny in any way.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
    Years
  • I got my first shiny in XY last night :D
    Shiny Skorupi!

Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

I was using pokeradar, but not seriously hunting anything, just messing around. I didn't even use repels X_X

But poke radar'd my first Skorupi, then the second which I didn't even see where the grass shook, I just walked to a random spot, and then the third one was sparkle grass!
    This is after three days of trying to chain for several other things and nothing.

Not a huge fan of Skorupi, but her color is really cool, so I think she may be sticking around :)

she's my second wild shiny (my only other being a magnamite in soulsilver that I didn't even know what it was when I caught it)
    I have a handful of others, but they've all been trades (umbreon, vaporeon, quagsire, and gligar) or in game (dragonaire)

My friend who sits next to me at work has obtained 3 shinies - all random encounters.
    first was Smeargle, then Octillary and Vanillite (spelling on those?)
    Someone's lucky :|

Years
  • You people got So many shinies. I have never encountered any shiny so far and ive been playing since Blue. I'm trying to chain a shiny eevee or scyther with pokeradar but so far I suck with it:(

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • I didn't mean any offense The Leafeon, I didn't see the comment but I assume it was bad :P. I was just saying I didn't know synchronize existed when I got my first shiny. I didn't mean to implicated or degrading your shiny in any way.

HAHA my message got deleted all cos I said that I'm learning not to care in reference to the fact that I shouldn't worry about their nature, but more important is the fact that they are indeed shiny. well done Artemis.

ssj5goku5

Heard you like dem MUDKIPS!!!
    Years
  • Regular Mega Gardevoir or Shiny Mega Gardevoir?

So I obtained a Shiny Ralts from a friend and evolved it into Gardevoir and I'm thoroughly impressed by Shiny Mega Gardevoir. I just thought i would make a thread to discuss what people like about the shiny version and if they think it looks better than the regular version. Oh and any discussion on Gardevoir and its Mega Evolution too.

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
  • As far as I can tell, Mega Gardevoir falls just as easily as its former. While Dark isn't effective, I've always had my Hydreigon use Crunch for some good STAB damages. I've yet to see one put up a good fight. Don't know what a Shiny looks like, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    By mega-evolving Gardevoir gets some nice statboosts but unfortunatly its defence stays the same. Anyway, if it ever gets a moonblast on Hydreigon it should be toast due to its heavy weakness against fairies.

Unfortunatly I've never run into a shiny version.

ssj5goku5

Heard you like dem MUDKIPS!!!
    Years
  • I rather like how they incorperated Fairy type into Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir, it to me makes them even better. Had them in my Black 2 and Gallade, some of my favorites to use in the Black Tower

Years
  • I didn't know there was a Mega Gardevoir until I beat the League. I really like Mega Gardevoir! I have a Gardevoir in my team as my Fairy type. I really want a shiny one tho :( But I hate Masuda Method. ugh.

Back