• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    The other day I was searching for some Luvdics with heart scales and on my 5th attempt, I got a Shiny One!!! It's my first this Generation!! Despite its unusability.....

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Wow, koff~

What luck. Lucking, lucking, luck-luck. What a lucker. Okay, enough of whatever that was. I hatched a shiny Heracross, female on my first egg. Wow. Unfortunately it has a Modest nature, but that won't keep me from using it! Love the look of the thing. It looks like a cute little pill! Named it Abel and going to feed it nothing but sweet puffs. Great job guys. Way to go, koffi~

Pr3

Years
  • I just got a Shiny Heracross for a random trade. Only down side is she's Jap and that she's pink with a mega evolution that'll make you uncomfortable. She has a few Max IVs. Considering trading her away for another shiny. Still cool tho for a random trade :D. *cough* PM me if you're interested xD.
    Spoiler:

*example only*

Last edited:

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
  • I managed to breed this xD Correct nature and everything :D
    Spoiler:

of course now its a Starmie and a vital part of my squad xD

Pr3

Years
  • Very nice Starmie. Congrats on your success :).

*update* traded for an American shiny Trapinch. Haha! I guess selling it as a joke paid off :D.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thought I'd show off Wally! I evolved him into a Poliwrath since his nature and ability weren't ideal for a Politoed (and I can buy water stones whenever I want). I wish I had better pictures of Akiko, but that'll have to wait for another day.

Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

The odd thing is that I sometimes have dreams about shiny Pokemon, and in my most recent dreams I caught a wild shiny Vaporeon and Jolteon. Apparently my subconscious mind is telling me to get lots of shiny Eevees. :P

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    none yet... hoping to get one soon though, i've read a guide online on a method of finding shinies on grass though i dunno if its true

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I've caught a shiny Spheal in Friend Safari. So my shiny counter for this gen already reached 2.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Bergmite and a shiny Charmeleon yesterday. Thankfully, my sync worked (I was hunting for parents to breed with) both times and I got really good IVs.

That brings my total up to 6. My first being a chained Skiddo two weeks ago, and the other three were fish chained (2 Clawitzers and a Relicanth). The Skiddo has really nice stats, but the fish are awful lol.

Years
  • Just snagged my second Shinny, its a Gulpin. I haven't done anything special to get either of my two shinnies they have just randomly appeared. It's cool to see them hanging around in the games more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2013
    I just hatched a shiny Eevee today and evolved it into a Sylveon! This is my first shiny on the X/Y gen so far, looking to have more as I go along, mostly through the Masuda Method and chaining.

Years
  • And sure enough shinies do follow the saying, it's another Octillery, but I don't really care. Ten years of no shinies, then two in ten minutes.

Spoiler:

In what is becoming a bizarre series of luck, I now have a third shiny Octillery after running around in the same safari for another ten minutes. I wish I'd run into a Floatzel or Frogadier that were shiny instead though. :P

Feel free to PM me any shinies you would like to swap for an Octillery, I certainly don't need three after all.

Back