• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
  • My shinies so far:
    -Charmander
    -Squirtle
    -Bulbasuar
    -Gyarados
    -Magikarp

and I'm still hunting for a shiny Squirtle.

EDIT (12-22-13): Got my shiny Squirtle after 185 hatching eggs!!!!! Just hatched.
    EDIT (12-23-13): Bulbasuar hatched after the 24th eggs. :D Seems like my chance for a shiny is getting bigger and bigger. XP

Now onto a shiny Froakie.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Earlier today in Route 5, I randomly stumbled into a shiny Skiddo. Of course, I immediately captured it. (: Unfortunately though, it's got a bad nature, so I'm not going to use it in my team. The nature is Bold, which apparently takes away some of your Attack to give boost to your Defense... and most of Skiddo's moves are physical-based, so having a watered-down Attack stat just doesn't work out. :( I'll probably give this away to one of my friends, if they want it.
    You can still use it for PVE. Sword's Dance once or twice and the negative to your Attack is negligible.

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I posted under the wonder trade about my awsome trade i got but i thought i would update my list under the right thread. As of right now i have a shiny:

-Charizard
    -Haxorus
    -Greninja
    -Gardevoir
    -Alomomola
    -Psyduck
    -Pikachu

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I somehow- Arceus only knows how- managed to chain fish up a shiny Seaking, much to my astonishment- in 2 reels, early this morning I don't even know if that could be called chain fishing, or just crazy stupid luck. O_O
    I would've liked (another) shiny Eevee or a Zigzagoon out of one of those eggs I've been mass breeding, but a shiny's a shiny, so I can't complain too much.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I got a shiny Poliwag in a horde encounter. It was right in the center.

Good thing I took note of which one of them was shiny, it was almost the same color as the rest.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    8| just got a shiny piplup from the gts.... for a regular treecko. I put it up for a piplup just to get it on my pokedex.... Wasnt expecting to get a shiny one o___O.... Even has an egg move...

Years
  • I guess that i am the only one with bad luck ahaha. I hatched more than 150 Charmander eggs and still no shiny, but a bunch of 5 iv Pokemon, so i got that thing that is working out for me.

Sorry for my bad English.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Two days ago I managed to finally hatch a shiny Scyther! :D It's now a shiny Scizor and a part of my competitive team (which atm stands at Greninja, [Mega] Charizard [Y], Rhyperior and Scizor, all shiny.)

I also evolved my shiny Meditite finally which is always nice. :D It has meh EVs and nature so I won't use it, but I checked out its mega evolution and shiny Mega Medicham does look very nice. *_*

I'd like a shiny Espeon with Magic Bounce (I have a regular shiny Espeon but no magic bounce =[) or shiny Aegislash next to match my Showdown team, but I've always wanted a shiny Meganium so I'm thinking of aiming for that too. :)

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Today I hatched a shiny Froakie, in 390 eggs using the Masuda Method
    Unfortunately it's IVs are wrong, so is the nature and the ability (should've equipped that Everstone)
    But I don't really do competitive, I just like shinies. :3 So it's fine, but in the future I think I will try harder to get a better Pokemon, even if I don't do competitive

During my main run of the game, I fished up a shiny Clauncher (intentionally.) Also today I also fished up a shiny Octillery, not intentional (I was fishing for a Huntail for a friend)

Another shiny includes a shiny Fennekin that said friend gave to me.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • So like... I was out hunting for a dratini/dragonair on route 21. Was enjoying the fine day... Found a dragonair but it slapped me in the face with a Dragon Tail... bad feelings started to well up but it didn't keep me down. Next thing I know I fish up a Shiny red Basculin... I was feeling giddy now... got it to red but to my surprise.... Final Gambit... ... ... faints. What... I shut off my game for the whole day. I'm never going there again.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    So like... I was out hunting for a dratini/dragonair on route 21. Was enjoying the fine day... Found a dragonair but it slapped me in the face with a Dragon Tail... bad feelings started to well up but it didn't keep me down. Next thing I know I fish up a Shiny red Basculin... I was feeling giddy now... got it to red but to my surprise.... Final Gambit... ... ... faints. What... I shut off my game for the whole day. I'm never going there again.
    I know the pain of losing a shiny. Tough loss. I recently accidentally K.O'ed a shiny Buizel in a hoarde battle.
    Cheer up, though. At least you can still get another shiny Basculin fairly easy through chain fishing or Masuda methoding.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I got a shiny Tangela, now I'm back to two shinys since I've traded away my shiny Crustle for a Kyogre. ^^"

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    GUYS. I just got a shiny mudkip via MM! It's my first shiny :3
    1513264_749517875075879_1537645884_n.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2017
    I was breeding for shiny goomy (Masuda method) then took a break to make my team and bred shiny skorupi first egg non masuda method. Took another break today from goomies and got shiny Froakie on the 30th egg or so with masuda method.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I only have a shiny Haunter I caught on the 21st or so in Victory Road. I've tried chain-fishing and my chain always breaks.
    Do you have a Pokemon with Suction Cups (there's another ability that does the same thing but I forget what it is) in the front of your party (first slot)? It helps immensely with chain fishing.

Years
  • I guess that i am the only one with bad luck ahaha. I hatched more than 150 Charmander eggs and still no shiny, but a bunch of 5 iv Pokemon, so i got that thing that is working out for me.

Sorry for my bad English.

It's ok. I am right there with you. I'm trying for a shiny Charmander as my first shiny via MM..no luck yet.

Back