• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
  • I was breeding for shiny goomy (Masuda method) then took a break to make my team and bred shiny skorupi first egg non masuda method. Took another break today from goomies and got shiny Froakie on the 30th egg or so with masuda method.

What....... I'm around 400 eggs and no shiny Froakie yet!

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
    Years
  • traded the raquaza to someone who didn't care about the hacked-ness for a Greninja :D
    Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

*squees and dies in a corner*

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I encountered THREE Shinies today:
    Bulbasaur, 54th egg
    Arron, in a hoard during EV training
    Froakie, after 1,000 plus eggs I gave up. Tried again this morning and it was MY SECOND EGG!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2015
    Shiny Pokémon are a fun part of any Pokémon game and Gen VI will be no exception to this - with the shinies being prettier and more colourful than ever we'll need to start showing them off and showcasing them to the world as we catch them. If you catch a shiny Pokémon during your Kalos adventures, or if you want to comment on someone else's lucky catch, here's the place to post it!

I'll start with mine; I got lucky in the first route and ran into this little cutie:

Spoiler:

It's a shame I hate Beedrill or I'd be using this right now, but I was thrilled to have found it haha. Let's hope this luck continues through the rest of the game!

I'll trade my shiny blaziken with pokerus for your beedrill?

Years
  • So, I took a break from MM'ing for a shiny Charmander and tried out the chain fishing. Within an hour, I got a shiny Luvdisc and shiny Magikarp. I'm pretty happy about that. Time to go back to MM'ing for a shiny Charmander, at 280 eggs. Wish me luck!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 12, 2014
    I got a shiny Magnezone in a trade for a Mudkip. Last shiny I got myself was my shiny Charmander that I got after 7 eggs.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • Got a shiny Shuckle yesterday while wandering through friend safari :) Now attempting to breed a shiny metagross!

EDIT: Caught a shiny Aipom in friend safari while trying to catch more ditto :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • I found shiny Gligar yesterday while trying to EV train, shame that her nature sucks. That was the third hoard shiny I found.

Years
  • I just ran into a Shiny Jigglypuff in a friend safari! Took one step and encountered it, tossed a Quick Ball and immediately captured it. :D

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I've played 100hrs+ from Red/Blue (I know they don't count but still...) up to Diamond and only ever got the red Gyarados (other than Action Replay....)

I hate you all! :P

I assume there's a method to getting a shiney?

And I also assume that the Shiny Groudon's on GTS are hacked?

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
    Years
  • Eh.... I got a Luvdisc via chain fishing. Nothing much else to say besides, "DUDE. THIS LUVDISC IS YELLOW."

Back