• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
  • I encountered a shiny Snover last night when I was looking for said Pokemon with a Brave nature and Snow Warning. Too bad it didn't have the latter. Then again, I prefer the normal color (I think), so everything's cool. :p

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    I currently have three shinies.
    The first was a Shuppet I caught randomly in the Friend Safari. The next two were a Skrelp and a Corphish that I caught chain fishing (but both have horrible natures/IVs).

Years
  • I caught my first shiny today EVER. I had never even seen one in any of the previous games, and today I caught a Poliwhirl!!!! Yay me! :) now I need advice, should it evolve it into Poliwrath or Politoed?

Crady

It ain't even bright in here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    I know the game's been out for like 2-3 months but I just caught my first shiny today :D
    I was just randomly walking around the place where you have to ride Mamoswine to pass the dense snow when suddenl-OAPSIDOSAPID omg a shiny Delibird

Spoiler:

You Might or might not notice but the Gengar's shiny but I got it through a trade so I don't count it as my "first" shiny... They look nearly the same as normal Gengars this generation :c

*Edit: I had no idea that the pictures would be that big... Placed them under Spoilers.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I got a ralts first shiny, then i killed a shiny psyduck cause damn horde encounter lied to me, then i killed a shiny ledyba by accident on a berry tree. It looked insignificantly different. So much pain. Then I found a shiny diggersby and traded it for a shiny skiddo, them golden horns. Then I fished up a shiny gyarados, went berserk with glee, lol. YUP I GOT A RED GYARADOS!

I feel so lonely on a new page to the thread, somebody post something soon.

Last edited:

e_k

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    I've gotten a shiny Gourgeist and Greninja, both from Masuda.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • I caught this little girl 11:30pm this past Saturday, while exploring the Glittering Cave. I had just caught the last of the Pokemon in the cave, and decided to do one last random encounter on the way out when all of a sudden... surprise! Her special defense is pretty awesome: a 30 IV plus a beneficial Gentle nature. So to max it out I Super Trained 252 EV into special defense, because, why not? I also taught her Thief and went back into the cave on Sunday to farm for a Thick Club, which I found without too much difficulty. Did more Super Training to buff up her attack and defense as well until she was fully trained. I plan on having her as my partner Pokemon for the rest of my journey through Pokemon Y.

Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I got a ralts first shiny, then i killed a shiny psyduck cause damn horde encounter lied to me, then i killed a shiny ledyba by accident on a berry tree. It looked insignificantly different. So much pain. Then I found a shiny diggersby and traded it for a shiny skiddo, them golden horns. Then I fished up a shiny gyarados, went berserk with glee, lol. YUP I GOT A RED GYARADOS!

I feel so lonely on a new page to the thread, somebody post something soon.

Did it not sparkle when it was in the horde encounter? I thought it was just me. I almost KO'ed my Floatzel because of that (shiny Floatzel unfortunately doesn't particularly stand out much as a shiny, it's just paler).

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    When i was playing today i got a chain of 89 in Chain fishing for shinies. I lost the chain then i got to 5 and i got a Shiny Clauncher :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

310 eggs and it has 5ivs with egg move Hypnosis. Unfortunately it didnt have Drought like i wanted so im still hatching eggs.

domichan

Domi-chan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    Holy cow guys! yesterday, minding my own buisness. I was in beginning/middle area of the mountain regions looking for super large pumkaboos. I just got back into it and thats where i left off.
    well, i decided to stop and all i said was "i'm gonna breed pumkaboos until i get the super large one" to just test it out right? i was walking through the tall grass and suddenly i run into a pokemon, of course i sighed cuz it probably wasn't what i was looking for right? well i was wrong. SHINY PUMKABOO JUST APPEARED OUT OF NO WHERE! i wasn't doing anything. soooooo i caught it, luckily i looooooove pumkaboo so i was super happy.
    thats not all though. After i was done trading with my friend, sheldon, who also helped me catch the shiny. I decided to go through all my Friend Safaris, even if theres no 3rd slot. Weeeeellllllllllllllllll. I was minding my own business in my best con buddie's safari which was bug. after running into the 2 she had, i was leaving. Only to run into a SHINY BUTTERFREE!!!!! ALL IN THE SAME FREAKIN DAY!!!!!!! i didn't know what to do with myself. i caught it now i have my first two shinies EVER!!! and i looooove iiiiiiiiiit <3 <3 <3

what's chain fishing? I've suddenly become interested...
    Chain fishing is really when you stay in one spot and keep constantly catching the same pokemon over and over. we all kinda do it naturally really. i think you have to do an extra thing in it but yeaaah.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Not that chain fishing is anything to be proud of, but I got two Dragalge in the space of an hour earlier this year. Those were my first two shinies. The one I'm most proud of however, is a shiny, Timid, Charmander. This little guy took a loooot of eggs, and his IV's are pretty sweet too.

Spoiler:

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • 852 eggs, still no shiny Froakie. GAHHHHH!!

Felt like giving up but other side of me tells me that I might be under the next 100 eggs before I get one, so don't give up.

Back