• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Latest Purchases and Stuff!

Years
  • Another merch alert inbound!

I really should stop buying so much merch, though. Not good for my wallet.

This time it's a PVC keychain featuring the 5th best* character in Negima!, Evangeline Athanasia Katherine McDowell. The 500 some year old vampire.
    Spoiler:

*Actually, she might be 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, or even 10th best; there's a lot of great characters in the series.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • Got Naruto Unleashed: Complete Series One the other day...I have never seen it before, but while I was browsing anime dvds on Amazon, from the description and reviews, it looks quite good :) Look forward to watching it!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Natsuiro Kiseki manga vol. 1 and vol. 2 (vol. 3 is incredibly rare). Both are in Japanese, since neither the manga nor the anime have been licensed here. And that makes me sad.

But at least I can admire the art in the manga :P

Years
  • Japanese volumes can get pretty pricey stateside, I've found, at least when looking for series I'm interested in. Those must have been pretty expensive!

Mostly copy/pasting from my post in /r/anime's merch thread for this post because too lazy to write out a proper post for PC:

So, I went to Barnes & Noble's Manga Mania this morning and got some free posters. Not really a whole lot that I'm seriously interested in aside from the Hatsune Mix one, but they were free, so I happily amassed some. Album: http://imgur.com/a/wt6l6

I also picked up 28 volumes of manga, 3 light novels, and the 2 freebie manga samplers from Viz and Kodansha that they were handing out. Album here: http://imgur.com/a/qOflL

Bonus pic of where about half my manga is: https://i.imgur.com/djuT1RF.jpg

Also, an album with some non-anime/non-manga merch pics mixed in that might amount to what I'm pretty sure is about half of my A&M collectibles/volumes: http://imgur.com/a/fQATi

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I know the feeling - My japanese sucks, but I want to purchase all Utsuro no Hako to zero no Maria light novels because these weren't licensed.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Japanese volumes can get pretty pricey stateside, I've found, at least when looking for series I'm interested in. Those must have been pretty expensive!
    Actually, I ordered from CDJapan and they were really inexpensive, only 533 yen each. With shipping, it came out to just under 2000 yen, which ended up being about $16 and some change in US dollars.

I was at a local anime convention this past weekend but didn't buy anything because they didn't have a really good dealer's room. There was one figurine that I would have gotten except I already have the same one, and paid half the price it was going for from the vendor. Other than that, nothing caught my interest.

I did get a free Hello Kitty sticker that a con-goer placed on my con badge though :P

Years
  • Actually, I ordered from CDJapan and they were really inexpensive, only 533 yen each. With shipping, it came out to just under 2000 yen, which ended up being about $16 and some change in US dollars.

I was at a local anime convention this past weekend but didn't buy anything because they didn't have a really good dealer's room. There was one figurine that I would have gotten except I already have the same one, and paid half the price it was going for from the vendor. Other than that, nothing caught my interest.

I did get a free Hello Kitty sticker that a con-goer placed on my con badge though :P

That's actually cheaper than I expected.

Was it a small or a new con? Their dealer rooms have tended to be lackluster in my area, too. The big cons in my area have huge dealer areas, though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • That's actually cheaper than I expected.

Was it a small or a new con? Their dealer rooms have tended to be lackluster in my area, too. The big cons in my area have huge dealer areas, though.
    I was surprised too.

It was their fourth year, fifth if you count a small on-campus con under a different name as year 1, since it was basically the same people running it. This year, it was probably bordering on being medium-size. There were about 1700 people last year, but this year (same location) there were major overcrowding and parking issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if attendance was at least 2500-3000 this past weekend. The dealer's room shared space with the artist's alley (the "marketplace"), and about 2/3 of that space was artists.

Years
  • I was surprised too.

It was their fourth year, fifth if you count a small on-campus con under a different name as year 1, since it was basically the same people running it. This year, it was probably bordering on being medium-size. There were about 1700 people last year, but this year (same location) there were major overcrowding and parking issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if attendance was at least 2500-3000 this past weekend. The dealer's room shared space with the artist's alley (the "marketplace"), and about 2/3 of that space was artists.

Maybe next year there will be more dealers to match the larger attendance.

Anyway, bought 4 books off of my brother last night:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    just got this cute babay who quickly became my favourite

Spoiler:

and because Moomin is an anime and I love this too much not to share it
    Spoiler:

a sarcy little my

many more on the way too aaaaaah

Last edited:
    Years
  • just got this cute babay who quickly became my favourite

Spoiler:

and because Moomin is an anime and I love this too much not to share it
    Spoiler:

a sarcy little my

many more on the way too aaaaaah

What anime is that figure from?

Also, more merch.

Ordered a hardcover copy of The Isolator off of Amazon:
    Spoiler:

Bought a bunch of anime from someone on Reddit who happens to be in my area:
    http://imgur.com/a/z2sOP

And then I popped over to Barnes & Noble and bought 10 manga voluems and the first volume of the Durarara!! LN:
    http://imgur.com/a/owNnd

I totally do not have a spending problem. Nope.Not at all.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What anime is that figure from?

It's from Stein's Gate, it's really good you have to check it out!!!

What's the NGE thing in your pics? I can't tell what it is

I got two new things
    Spoiler:

Nausicaa soundtrack on vinyl

Satsukkkiiiiii
    Spoiler:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I brought these two cuties from Amazon, sorry if the photos aren't that good

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They are Luka from Vocaloid and Ayase from an Anime called Oreimo.

Back