• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Most Unexpected Pokemon Power House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Im sure everyone has raised a pokemon that they didnt think was worth it at first, then had their mind blown, so which one turned out to be your unexpected power house?

for me it was Gorebyss, a pure water pokemon that learns psychic attacks, has amazing speed, and is completely focused on Special Attack, not to mention how fast it levels up, it just blew my mind :surprised:

Years
  • My Espeon. I've never used one before, but now that I did, I got really surprised and amazed by it's great sp. attack and speed. =O I put choice specs on her, and she defeated all who crossed her path with her psychic. It's now one of my favorite pokemon. =)

LukerØath

Somewhat Cool Guy
    Years
  • Mine was definitely an old Primape I had on Pokemon Fire Red. I had no idea he would be so useful in the game. He beat Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Blaine, and Giovanni all by himself without me having to use any other Pokemon. He's also MEGA easy to level up and is very useful down victory road. He wasn't terribly used in the E4 but he did take care od a few of Bruno's Pokemon for me and handled A lot of my rivals at the end. He was just a beast for me the entire game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • My Arbok it's so fast and elimanate opponent's in one poison jab and oftens poisens it was the weakest in my SS team level wise but later, well it grew by alot, it also has good SD and defense.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    wow! ive never used arbok, espeon, or primape
    i so gotta try them (im usually a umbreon user lol)

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
  • Farfetch. Everyone is so hard on the little guy due to his awful stats, but with his stick and lots of crit boosted moves I used a pure luck farfetch to tear through in-game trainers.

Dunsparce as a para-flincher was something I never expected, because this little guy could stall elite four teams solo.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    My Rampardos is really unique and people underestimate him...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • In my experience, it was Tentacruel. I first really used one as part of my RBY poison monotype challenge and I was totally impressed with how much of a special tank he could be, plus he used the broken Toxic+Wrap combo quite nicely XD

Years
  • Ive had a few that Ive given a go and been really impressed with when I thought they wouldnt be that great.
    At the moment its Swalot for me. Easy to level up, for a poison type its a bit of a powerhouse, Ive had a high critical hit / paralysis ratio using body slam. It has mass amounts of HP.
    In my opinion, way better than its first gen counterpart, Muk.
    Ariados (again a poison type) was another surprise pack for me.
    The other was Steelix. It seems like it would be cool enough, but Onix never appealed to me to begin with, I gave it a go though and ended up loving Steelix.

DeadYorick

The Keeper of Peace
    Years
  • Sandshrew.

It became the main tank of my team. Adored the hell out of using dig to one hit KO enemies

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    A Furret I had back on Silver.
    Although, it was probably just over-leveled, as I seem to do that a lot. ;/

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I caught a Wingull at the beginning of Ruby and ended up raising it more as my starter than my Torchic (which ended up sitting in the PC after it became Blaziken). I've never really cared about stats, but it is one epic Pokemon, now a Pelipper obviously. It's level 80-something in my game and I just love it. xD

Last edited:
    Years
  • I beat the first 5 gyms in Heart Gold using only my Hoothoot/Noctowl. I tried for six, but that was pushing it.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • Tauros is a beast beyond belief, but I didn't KNOW that.. until I used him in my team in HG. It's just ridiculous how well he handles any situation with Payback, Zen Hedbutt, Return and Surf.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • sandslash was really good for me on several occasions, good overall stats, great attack. just make sure it learns earthquake and it's untouchable

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back