• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your opinion of Team Galactic

Years
  • With avant garde uniforms, intentions more grandiose than the previous evil teams we'd been exposed to, and a powerful arsenal of various Pokemon, Team Galactic certainly entered the Pokemon world with a bang.

So, what was your opinion on the schemes of Team Galactic, as well as how they carried them out? From what I've seen, Team Galactic is quite loved among the Pokemon fanbase, but a good number also thought them to be a bit over the top. So, how do you view Team Galactic and everything they're about?

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i think that team galatic is one of the better teams or groups in the anime im not a fan of the uniforms they have but i like the pokemon they used i would say that they need to bring back the commanders but as trainers id think they would be good opponets for ash and other trainers other than trying to start a new world

katmanic

PokéManiac
    Years
  • I personally prefer Team Rocket. Team Galactic's choice in wardrobe irritates me a little... makes me think of astronauts... and I'm afraid to death of astronauts. x.x Their pokémon usage is better, though. I had a pain in the neck trying to beat them as compared to the old Team Rocket.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • My favorite has always been Team Rocket but they are too silly and dumb for my liking and they're "big plans" were always just to steal pokemon which is a problem but compared to the other evil forces it seems juvenile. Magma and Aqua had terrible plans but again were kind of dumb (the whole Rustboro package theft for instance) but thier leaders were kind of cool and evil. I liked Galactic in terms of "evil organization" because they were rather evil and had terrible goals.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I liked Team Galactic... they had more of a "cult" feeling to them, with the charismatic leader who convinced his underlings to pursue goals that even his direct subordinates (Saturn in particular) didn't know the full extent of. It's absolutely scary how many people Cyrus was able to charm into helping him achieve his misguided goals, as over-the-top as they might have been.

They certainly don't win in terms of fashion sense, though.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • I like their high tech, machines buildings and technology (yeah and also the uniform). However, the plans and stuff were kind of a joke and they failed them in the end. (like all the bad guys do)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • My favorite has always been Team Rocket but they are too silly and dumb for my liking and they're "big plans" were always just to steal pokemon which is a problem but compared to the other evil forces it seems juvenile. Magma and Aqua had terrible plans but again were kind of dumb (the whole Rustboro package theft for instance) but thier leaders were kind of cool and evil. I liked Galactic in terms of "evil organization" because they were rather evil and had terrible goals.

Well about Team Rocket, in GSC HGSS they planned to use the Radio Tower to possibly control pokemon. Like how they forced the Red Gyarados to evolve. That's pretty evil and sinster if you ask me. But yeah in RBY FRLG they were pretty much just thieves.

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • Aw, I loved Team Galactic, they were so weird XD

I liked their uniforms, they stood out a lot.

Okay, so their goal was kinda insane but it was mostly Cyrus' goal... I mean, I got the feel that the grunts were kind of left in the dark about the whole entire plan. I mean, they knew what it was but didn't understand the whole of it?

I really liked some of the commanders, though. Commander Saturn was really cool, and I liked how he took over the team after the whole incident with Cyrus at Spear Pillar. Though I don't think that he knew about the whole crazy plan, did he? See, didn't Cyrus leave some guys in the dark about this? I found that because Cyrus did that, he gave off this really evil and creepy feeling.

And Charon was pretty neat, too. I felt a little bad for him about the Rotom story, though.

And I was going off the Platinum version of Team Galactic. ^^ I don't really play Diamond Version anymore.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I always that they look silly in their outfits. I would hate wearing one of those :p

I think Team Rocket will always be the best and my favorite.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I liked Team Galatic better than any of the past teams. way better than Team Rocket I didn't like their outfits, but there was something about them that I just liked. Their goals were crazy, sure, but in an odd way, they made sense. Cyrus wanted a better world, he just had an insane way of trying to achieve it.

Last edited:

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Even though they're not as cool as Team Rocket(imo), I think they're way cooler than Team Magma and Team Aqua in ADV games.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I think they were tied with Team Rocket i coolness. This team was really serious and stuck to their goal. I think what makes them so interesting is that they are deep and mysterious and you still learn stuff about them at the end of the game.

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
    Years
  • Team rocket = cartoon evil
    Team Galactic = evil, but think they're 'making the world better' á la doomsday cult or something.

Team rocket = cartoon evil
    Team Galactic = evil, but think they're 'making the world better' á la doomsday cult or something.

Last edited:

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • I LOVE them! And when I say it, I mean I really love them, their so funny and cute.
    Especially the commanders.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I personally dislike Team Galatic's choice of outfit. The Galatic Grunts' hairstyle and choice of clothing are odd. If I'm not concentrating much on my game, I might mistake a male grunt for a female one. At least in other games, in my opinion, the male and female physical appearance contrasted enough so that gamers can tell the difference.

Cyrus is a maniac. His goal is far more darker than the any of the other teams in the past. He didn't even care for any of his grunts or officers, only himself. I mean, to most people, that is the characteristic of an evil leader. However, I'd prefer Giovanni over Cyrus anyday.

Years
  • I liked Team Galactic more than any other.
    Team Rocket's goal was a bit lame.
    Team Aqua/Magma. All I can say is... Why do they want to create a world without water/land?? WHY??

Team Galactic's goal: To create a new (, better) world. It made me think about stuff like world's situation and nature and people, even real world ones. Should a new world be created?? Would everyone be happier?? Would everything actually be better?? I love the fact that unlike previous villainous teams, Team Galactic (and also Plasma) may not actually be a bad team. Maybe they're just misunderstood?? Maybe they wanted everyone to be happy and stuff. But maybe the fact that everyone would have everything okay would make them sad: If there wasn't sadness and fear there wouldn't be happiness either and vice versa.

BTW, I saw Team Plasma as a Team Galactic rip-off. Their goals are quite alike... Creating new worlds.

Back