• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Opinion: What do you think life would be like is Pokemon were real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Hello, everyone(and alien)
    I haven't made this thread in a while now :D
    So I've decided to revive it for the third and final time.
    What would you think it would be like for Pokemon to live in our world?
    I personally think World War 3 would break out, then 4, then 5.....6, 7, 8, 9 until all humanity is wiped out...
    Tyranitar would be used as war machines, Charizard would burn everything, Electivire would be used to make nuclear energy, and Igglybuff, Pichu, Magby and many more would be tested on...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    There would be battles out in the streets every single day, and there would be issues when it comes to property payments. Kids would also drop out of school at the age of 10 to start their own Pokemon journeys.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    Hello, everyone(and alien)
    I haven't made this thread in a while now :D
    So I've decided to revive it for the third and final time.
    What would you think it would be like for Pokemon to live in our world?
    I personally think World War 3 would break out, then 4, then 5.....6, 7, 8, 9 until all humanity is wiped out...
    Tyranitar would be used as war machines, Charizard would burn everything, Electivire would be used to make nuclear energy, and Igglybuff, Pichu, Magby and many more would be tested on...

They obviousley haven't taught u about world war cuz ur still 11 right? And why would a war happen???

If pokemon would be real, no one would catch legends cause they're in their nests. (except heatran)

Life would be easy fun and awesome.

No poverty, global warming and other stuff.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    First things first, Nuzlocke, Nuzlocke every where. There will be more tears then enjoyment, watching your best freind dying to a critical move that has no way to recover from.

Pokemon IRL would be awesome, but I wish it will never happen. Don't take me personality though, because I would much rather have my Pokemon alive, then risking their lives in this cold world.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    hey, if it would work out as nicely as it does in the game and shows, that'd be awesome, BUT I can see things turning really ugly

Years
    Firstly, I'm suprised that this thread is unprecedented. Anyhow, here comes a tl;dr.

Spoiler:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    They obviousley haven't taught u about world war cuz ur still 11 right? And why would a war happen???

If pokemon would be real, no one would catch legends cause they're in their nests. (except heatran)

I learned about WWI and WWII when I was, like, 10 or something. Anyway I'm pretty sure Wars would break out if Pokemon was real. The worlds not as nice as the chirpy Pokemon world where you can walk into a random persons house and start a conversation with them.

There'd be Country's leaders taking over other country's with Charizards and then you'd get some guy that catches a Dialga and all hell will break loose. It wouldn't be nice.

TL;DR: The Worlds bad, Charizards would be used for Human Slaughter.

Kelp

<3
    Years
    If pokemon were real, only the billionaires would be able to afford the pokeballs to catch pokemon in. Isn't that the way with all new technology?

But in the end, the technology would get old and trickle down to the masses. It'd be like having a pet though. They wouldn't really make an impact on politics or war or anything.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

Poverty would be inevitable. There is money in Pokemon remember, which means there will always be poverty.

Anyway, real life would be odd. I cant imagine Pokemon not being cartoon. Unless the world is made up of cartoon looking/coloured Pokemon and us. or we were all cartoon... Might take some getting used to if you ask me ;)

ChariChu

~ take a drink from my hands
    Years
    Well, I personally would most likely be a Pokemon Breeder, and very against battling. It would just seem like animal cruelty to me. Then again, Pokemon seem to willingly battle for their trainers in most cases, so maybe not. Either way, I would feel guilty for putting my Pokemon in pain if I was a trainer.

TheMightyMrPlow

Pokemon N00B!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    As sad as it is. People would probably catch them and preform expiraments pushing them to their limits until there done with them, and move on. And enslave them and use them for things like Power sources, or Flying pokemon as vehicles.

What I would LIKE to happen is that everything happened like the games / show.

Blazesaga

Even heroes can lie in shadows
    Years
    While ten year olds think: AWESOME!. I'd be one of the people to burst their bubbles. If pokemon were in real life there would be problems with religious views (considering arceus) therr would also be problems with the bad guys (pokemon makes it seem like the bad guys are completely stupid while in real life you'd be outwitted with a mere word) Also there would be many problems with property damage (the anime shows some of this when one of pikachus electric attacks go's on the fritz and hits someones bike but trust me it would be much worse than that, MUCH WORSE) Then comes the problem with the intelligant pokemon. I have seen a few people wanting to keep a real life pokemon as a pet (Think of it this way an alakazam has an IQ higher than any human possible. We might just be considered the animals with how high the pokemon's iq is!) Then comes the power houses (larger pokemon could be used as slaughter machines) then comes science experiments. these things have amazing powers, and i'm pretty sure a lot of scinetists would want to disect a poor pikachu to figure out how it works.
    Then we got legandaries. According to the pokemon games they can ko a regular pokemon in a single hit. Then we have some legandaries such as mewtwo who dispize humans and would kill them all if they could.
    So in summary, the world would be... quite a place if pokemon existed
    (don't get me wrong, i'd like to have a pichu in my lap or a charmander as a pet, but there is too much logic in the pokemon world that just wouldn't make sense in our world)

Last edited:
    Years
    It'd be really cool if they were real.
    Only the good and funny things then. ^^

But there are so many things that our heroes don't do in those tv-series...
    They hardly take a shower, change underwear,... :p

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I wouldn't be taking the bus to school, I can tell you that! ^^

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I'm going to reply to this again:

I just thought about this, probably every human in the world will be afraid of the Pokemon, now that I think about it. Here's a question that I want you guys to answer truthfully, one seems more treatining a Shark or a Caterpie?

Sure most of you are probably laughing your butts out thinking "How does this guy think Caterpie are threatining?" Caterpie are bugs. Bugs breed easily and swarm. Their String Shot attack can immobilize us then slowly eat eat us with Bug Bite. Yeah scary huh? Any Pokemon In Real Life, even a Magikarp, is a threat to us. Any single one of them has ways to kill us. I mean they come into this world. They're going to be hungry. By the time we invent a Pokeball most of our population will be devoured.Then they will breed. Breed will out current animals, and the babys will breed with other animals and so on. They will have the clear advantage.

And you thought Sharks were scary.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I don't see how it would work out. Our world is nothing like the Pokemon world. In the Pokemon world, the biggest threats (other than wild Pokemon, who aren't much of a threat themselves for the most part) are crime organizations like Team Rocket and Team Galatic. Which, in the real world, would be the laughing stock of the police station. (Losing to a kid over and over again. Really? Amirite?) But in the real world, we have people who would get greedy. I don't think it would just be like living with other animals... only these animals can do powerful things. Because even now, people exploit animals for money. Imagine if those animals could shoot thunder from their cheeks, or send psychic waves from their mind. It would be like Team Rocket... but much, much, worse. And with legendaries, war would be plausible. After all, aren't legendaries some of the most desired Pokemon there are? What if one country had a legendary that another country wanted? Also, what would become of our pets? Sorry, but I'll take a dog over a Growlithe any day. I don't think there would be any way it could work out. The controversy (people calling cruelty, people calling demons, people worried about the children, etc.) would only be the beginning.

Years
    Well if pokemon were real in our world, I would have to assume that the rules and logic of pokeworld work in our world like in the shows/games, so I would totally want pokemon to exist. I would love having some of them as pets, and I would have been 10 years into my pokemon adventure and more likely gone into breeding some time ago.

Years
    There would be soooo many more terrorist groups. We wouldnt use nuclear weapons anymore. Im sure a lot more bad than good would come from it. But it would be cool to own an Onix or something like that. ;)

nm legend

Years
    it would be such a magical place........!!!!!! there wouldnt be pokemon battles tho becuase of politics......and i woundlnt wanna go into a forest without a pistol either.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back