• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Opinion: What do you think life would be like is Pokemon were real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    If Pokémon were real our world would have adapted to them. Kids wouldn't go to school, they would become Pokémon trainers, much like in the games. What the Pokémon Universe is really, is an alternate universe. Everything is to do with Pokémon in the anime/games. Our world would then be the same. It would be no more normal to send your child off on a Pokémon adventure then it would be to send them to the 5th grade. I have a feeling that people wouldn`t send their children off at age 10...that I don`t think would go over, but at age 18 for sure. You`d become a Pokémon trainer and not a college student. It would be epic!

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    If Pokemon were introduced today, in the 21st century, we'd all be effing screwed.

But if they were here since the dawn of time,or at lest a few centuries or so, then...

If Pokémon were real our world would have adapted to them. Kids wouldn't go to school, they would become Pokémon trainers, much like in the games. What the Pokémon Universe is really, is an alternate universe. Everything is to do with Pokémon in the anime/games. Our world would then be the same. It would be no more normal to send your child off on a Pokémon adventure then it would be to send them to the 5th grade. I have a feeling that people wouldn`t send their children off at age 10...that I don`t think would go over, but at age 18 for sure. You`d become a Pokémon trainer and not a college student. It would be epic!

^ Something like that. We would have adapted to all their power and such, technology would be much more advanced, people would likely be more healthy from running around training all day... Sounds like fun. :D

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Ahh man college :( What about 10, really 18 is a weird sort of age. You would probably have a son who would want to go at 10 by that way. :D

Years
    It would be good if they were since the beginning of times, but we would be screwed if they came on a meteorite or something on present times. We would probably have much fun if they were since the beginning, though. We'd be like on anime/manga/games. If it was today or so, we'd destroy eachother using them until someone conquers the world, then they rebel and destroy the whole planet. We're pretty much going to die either way, but we wouldn't if they were here since the beginning. We'd have technology enough to prevent the sun's explosion that'll happen someday.
    We'd not have global warming. We'd always have Team Rocket to defeat when things are boring. Well not always but if there were Jesse and James then we'd have them on the world for a lotta time. So we would train to defeat them whenever.

I'd have chosen a Charmander then got it to become Charizard and win every battle, then win a Pokémon Global Cup, like Fifa cup but based on pokémon battles, like on Martial arts tournaments that have something like this:
    Winner
    _____|_____
    __|__ __| __
    | | | | | | | |
    A B C D E G H I

Then I'd play on PokéKanto, which would be like panamerican tournament, held 1 time a year, with only the best from kanto, then I'd do same on all other regions.

I'm saying PokéKanto as example, since we don't know what would our world look like if we had pokémons since the beginning.

But I'd love it if they were exactly like Anime/manga/games(the map and the way things work out)

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
    More violent and dangerous, I would assume. Hell, I'm not entire sure how humans could coexist with fire spitting, poison spewing, lightening throwing beasts.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
    I think the world would be terrible. In the pokemon world when you beat a trainer you get money. Going on a jouney I doubt you'd get paid, let alone get free health care for your pokes :P Secondly pokemon would be abused as weapons against others. Just between gangs even. No more evidence of us being here guys I have a Charizard to do the job! Thirdly, people are already against dog fighting, now add cute little pink puff balls and mice into the picture. It would be considered animal cruelty by a large majority even if said pokemon wanted to fight :I The actual cost of keeping and training pokemon would become a hassel. Also 10 year old children going on a journey would be awful. I mean look at how gullible Ash is. He gets fooled by Team Rocket all the time. They'd end up getting themselves and their pokes kidnapped. D8 I can see how people would consider it fun but in reality they would probably cause more grief and conflict than happiness in our already unstable nations. :c

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
    Years
    Be amazing if they wer ekept under control etc and the world wasn't in danger like how the op said "Chairzard would burn everything."

Years
    I think the world would be terrible. In the pokemon world when you beat a trainer you get money. Going on a jouney I doubt you'd get paid, let alone get free health care for your pokes :P Secondly pokemon would be abused as weapons against others. Just between gangs even. No more evidence of us being here guys I have a Charizard to do the job! Thirdly, people are already against dog fighting, now add cute little pink puff balls and mice into the picture. It would be considered animal cruelty by a large majority even if said pokemon wanted to fight :I The actual cost of keeping and training pokemon would become a hassel. Also 10 year old children going on a journey would be awful. I mean look at how gullible Ash is. He gets fooled by Team Rocket all the time. They'd end up getting themselves and their pokes kidnapped. D8 I can see how people would consider it fun but in reality they would probably cause more grief and conflict than happiness in our already unstable nations. :c

You're right, except that you didn't think what would happen if they were here since the beginning, because it's also a possibility. You said: "In our already unstable nations", true they are unstable but there weren't pokes since the beginning were they? If they were I bet we would have a world similar to the pokémon world in many ways.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
    Even so I doubt it would be as sunshiney and funfilled as the actual poke world. We are not characters pre-made by artists. We are real humans who are capable of cruelty and evil. Even more than those you see in the animes/manga. I doubt pokemon being there would change human nature as it is. I think the fact having pets such as dogs and cats proves this fact. Having them doesn't really change who we are. The same goes for technology, we just abuse what we have and want more than we need.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Even so I doubt it would be as sunshiney and funfilled as the actual poke world. We are not characters pre-made by artists. We are real humans who are capable of cruelty and evil. Even more than those you see in the animes/manga. I doubt pokemon being there would change human nature as it is. I think the fact having pets such as dogs and cats proves this fact. Having them doesn't really change who we are. The same goes for technology, we just abuse what we have and want more than we need.

I'm sure that everybody can agree on that! We're not pre-made, Two Dimensional beings who live in Japan!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    honestly, I don't think i'd be as happy as the anime makes it..... but I can garuntee that'd I'd left with a bulbasuar a loooong time ago!!

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Wars would break out, and armies would use Pokemon as slaves, for example:
    "Russia sent out Blastoise!"
    "China sent out Dialga!"
    "Blastoise used HydroPump!"
    "Dialga used Roar of Time!"
    It would truly be the end of the world. And there are some sick people out there, who could possibly torture/harm a Pokemon; much like people torture animals today. <3

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I think the world would be a pretty cool place is there was Pokemon, but it would also be a much more dangerous place. I'd no doubt go through real life with Pokemon like I do in the games - me and my Starter battling other Trainers and traveling around. Not everyone would be as nice about it though. Without a doubt you'd have people Fire Blasting bank vaults and Teleporting after they found a whole bunch of stuff they wanted but couldn't afford. It would be a give & take kinda thing to have Pokemon. You'd have more Pokemon based crimes, but a more Pokemon based offense to combat the crime. As sad as it is to say, I totally think people would organize into teams like Rocket and Galactic. Plenty of scientists would love to get there hands on "evolution" energy like Galactic, and plenty of people would love to be rich and be able to do what they want like the Rockets. For some reason though I don't really think we'd have to worry about a real Team Magma or Aqua?

Man, can you imagine how cool it would be though, how unbelievably satisfied and accomplished you'd feel for actual catching a Legendary O:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have been daydreaming of what would life would be like if PKMN were real for a few years now. :P
    Damn, I'm such a PokeAddict x,x

Anyway, the good things...
    Pollution would be lessen, as there are PKMN who helps nature become clean again.
    People can travel freely now, for we can ride/take flight with our PKMN.
    People can then truly understand unity and teamwork.
    Tournaments/contests/etc would be a new highlight/sport for everyone to look up to.
    No more going to school (lol well, I do think it's a good thing xD )
    Saves electricity and water bills...?

And the bad things...
    People with evil intentions would use and capture powerful PKMN for their evil goals.
    Less work/job for people?
    PKMN would be sold in blackmarkets...
    Rampaging PKMN might destroy human civilization.
    Legendaries might stand up to humans one day o.0

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back