• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Opinion: What do you think life would be like is Pokemon were real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    Well if humanity was reponsible enough to handle something like this....Also one must note that moves there is always the one person who will reak havoc with when he stumbles across Spear Pillar and next thing you know Spacial Ren is causing the upset of the natural universe. What happens when a terroist gets their hands on a Larvitar....

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I was actually thinking about this earlier today... I would assume certain parents would be hypocrites: before, they would lavish Pokemon games and merchandise on their children, as it's all just a fictional affair. The minute Pokemon are actually real, Pokemon of any sort would likely be the first thing that the children would be banned from coming in contact with. :\

As for me, life would be a bit more awesome. I'd gather my Pokemon to challenge all of the wrongdoers of the world, while using them to assist other people who are afflicted. And I'd engage in freaking awesome Pokemon battles daily. :rambo:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Ten years would be way too young for me to go out on a training journey. At least wait until 16 when I have driver's license and used Buick handy so I don't have to do all that walking.

I have a problem with being attacked by dogs IRL. That problem would be worse if Pokemon were real as now dog Pokemon like Growlithe and Houndour would breathe fire at me in addition to barking loudly and pouncing and biting.

I'd be stocking up on D-Con rat and mouse poison to deal with all the Rattata and Pikachu lurking about.

In short, unless in this alternate Pokemon universe I was also rich and powerful and had strong Pokemon, I'd have a rough time.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
    All I'm reading is "Pokemon would be used for wars and destroy humanity" first off only the legendary pokemon can do that and good luck capturing them. Second off our current weapons > pokemon. A hydrogen bomb could take out any non legendary pokes and even some legendary pokemon, if pokemon were real they would just be more powerful animals.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    All I'm reading is "Pokemon would be used for wars and destroy humanity" first off only the legendary pokemon can do that and good luck capturing them. Second off our current weapons > pokemon. A hydrogen bomb could take out any non legendary pokes and even some legendary pokemon, if pokemon were real they would just be more powerful animals.

Eh-heh...I think you're really underestimating the power of non-legendary Pokemon such as Charizard, Blastoise, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Metagross, Salamence, Alakazam, Garchomp, Infernape, Torterra, Absol, and a bunch of other examples. Some non-legends have even been noted for surviving Explosion, so an H-bomb probably won't do much either.
    Furthermore, Ghost Pokemon won't even be affected by our bombs (Explosion is Normal-type, which doesn't affect Ghost-types), and Psychic-types will just use Psychic to telekinetically move the bombs away or implode them or something.
    Not to mention that we could detonate an H-bomb, and any Pokemon knowing Protect would instantly negate any and all damage - even a Sunkern is capable of completely avoiding damage with Protect. Any Pokemon with the Sturdy ability or wearing a Focus Sash would take even more attempts, as well as Pokemon that can learn Recover, Fly, and Dive.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
    Eh-heh...I think you're really underestimating the power of non-legendary Pokemon such as Charizard, Blastoise, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Metagross, Salamence, Alakazam, Garchomp, Infernape, Torterra, Absol, and a bunch of other examples. Some non-legends have even been noted for surviving Explosion, so an H-bomb probably won't do much either.
    Furthermore, Ghost Pokemon won't even be affected by our bombs (Explosion is Normal-type, which doesn't affect Ghost-types), and Psychic-types will just use Psychic to telekinetically move the bombs away or implode them or something.
    Not to mention that we could detonate an H-bomb, and any Pokemon knowing Protect would instantly negate any and all damage - even a Sunkern is capable of completely avoiding damage with Protect. Any Pokemon with the Sturdy ability or wearing a Focus Sash would take even more attempts, as well as Pokemon that can learn Recover, Fly, and Dive.
    Okay and I think you are seriously underestimating the H bomb, it's not a pokemon move it's alot freaken bigger than a pokemon move, it destroys cities, Charizard, Blastoise, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Metagross, Salamence, Alakazam, Garchomp, Infernape, Torterra, and Absol would die just like everything else, and ghost types aren't hit by normal type moves but an H bomb is not a pokemon move and the extreme heat of the H bomb alone could get rid of ghost types. And protect does not = God it may protect pokemon from pokemon moves but not something as devestating as an H bomb, and again your overestimateing pokemon with the whole psychics can move the bomb away thing, they could only move the bombs away so far they are limited, and their limit to how far they can move it would probably still be in range of the H Bomb.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Okay and I think you are seriously underestimating the H bomb, it's not a pokemon move it's alot freaken bigger than a pokemon move, it destroys cities, Charizard, Blastoise, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Metagross, Salamence, Alakazam, Garchomp, Infernape, Torterra, and Absol would die just like everything else, and ghost types aren't hit by normal type moves but an H bomb is not a pokemon move and the extreme heat of the H bomb alone could get rid of ghost types. And protect does not = God it may protect pokemon from pokemon moves but not something as devestating as an H bomb, and again your overestimateing pokemon with the whole psychics can move the bomb away thing, they could only move the bombs away so far they are limited, and their limit to how far they can move it would probably still be in range of the H Bomb.

Going by Pokemon terms, the H-bomb would just be the move Explosion of a much wider radius. It still retains the Normal-type properties of the move Explosion. Absol would likely be able to escape as it can sense and detect disasters in advance, and I'd assume that a nuclear explosion would be classified as some sort of disaster.

Whether the H-bomb affects Ghost-types is whether you classify it as a "Fire-type move" (due to the "extreme heat" you mentioned) or a Normal-type move (due to its extreme likeness to the move Explosion), in which the H-bomb wouldn't do a lick of damage with the latter classification. Since the H-bomb is essentially the equivalent of Explosion with a tremendous amount of base power, I still maintain that Ghost-types wouldn't be affected by the nuclear explosion. Technically, Ghost-types shouldn't be affected by anything at all by virtue of being ghosts, but such an immunity to all types would essentially make them broken by Pokemon mechanics. Thus, they are inexplicably weak to Fire-type moves in the games.

Earthquakes and Hurricanes can level and destroy cities, yet many Pokemon defend against those events as part of their daily training regimen..

I never said that Protect "equals" God; I'm just pointing out the potency and benefit of the move Protect. Not only can it protect against damage from regular offensive moves, it provides protection from one-hit knockout moves. OHKO moves essentially cause infinite HP damage, because no matter what a Pokemon's HP stat is, if the opponent successfully connects with an OHKO move, the defending Pokemon will get KO'd period. As powerful as an H-bomb is, the amount of damage it could do is finite, so Protect can and will still serve its purpose of negating all damage. If Protect can ward off infinite-HP-damaging attacks, it sure as heck can provide protection against an H-bomb.

As for the use of Psychic...I'll admit that it does depend on the strength and limits of the individual Pokemon. But who's to say that a bunch of Alakazam (with a 5000-point IQ that could come in handy) couldn't combine their Psychic abilities to move the H-bomb a far distance? Heck, they could probably find a way to render the H-bomb a dud and somehow prevent it from exploding in the first place.

Additionally, Aura-using Pokemon (which aren't all legendary, btw) can employ this technique as another counteracting measure against the H-bomb:

Finally, Golduck (and several other Pokemon) with Damp ability says hi.

But yeah, seeing as pretty much every Pokemon withstand intense burns, electrical shock, sheer cold, explosions, crippling poison, earthquakes, and the like on a daily basis (things that us humans can't even do on a regular basis), I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of them could handle and/or nullify a "freaking bigger" Explosion...

Last edited:

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
    Going by Pokemon terms, the H-bomb would just be the move Explosion of a much wider radius. It still retains the Normal-type properties of the move Explosion. Absol would likely be able to escape as it can sense and detect disasters in advance, and I'd assume that a nuclear explosion would be classified as some sort of disaster.

Whether the H-bomb affects Ghost-types is whether you classify it as a "Fire-type move" (due to the "extreme heat" you mentioned) or a Normal-type move (due to its extreme likeness to the move Explosion), in which the H-bomb wouldn't do a lick of damage with the latter classification. Since the H-bomb is essentially the equivalent of Explosion with a tremendous amount of base power, I still maintain that Ghost-types wouldn't be affected by the nuclear explosion. Technically, Ghost-types shouldn't be affected by anything at all by virtue of being ghosts, but such an immunity to all types would essentially make them broken by Pokemon mechanics. Thus, they are inexplicably weak to Fire-type moves in the games.

Earthquakes and Hurricanes can level and destroy cities, yet many Pokemon defend against those events as part of their daily training regimen..

I never said that Protect "equals" God; I'm just pointing out the potency and benefit of the move Protect. Not only can it protect against damage from regular offensive moves, it provides protection from one-hit knockout moves. OHKO moves essentially cause infinite HP damage, because no matter what a Pokemon's HP stat is, if the opponent successfully connects with an OHKO move, the defending Pokemon will get KO'd period. As powerful as an H-bomb is, the amount of damage it could do is finite, so Protect can and will still serve its purpose of negating all damage. If Protect can ward off infinite-HP-damaging attacks, it sure as heck can provide protection against an H-bomb.

As for the use of Psychic...I'll admit that it does depend on the strength and limits of the individual Pokemon. But who's to say that a bunch of Alakazam (with a 5000-point IQ that could come in handy) couldn't combine their Psychic abilities to move the H-bomb a far distance? Heck, they could probably find a way to render the H-bomb a dud and somehow prevent it from exploding in the first place.

Additionally, Aura-using Pokemon (which aren't all legendary, btw) can employ this technique as another counteracting measure against the H-bomb:

Finally, Golduck (and several other Pokemon) with Damp ability says hi.

But yeah, seeing as pretty much every Pokemon withstand intense burns, electrical shock, sheer cold, explosions, crippling poison, earthquakes, and the like on a daily basis (things that us humans can't even do on a regular basis), I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of them could handle and/or nullify a "freaking bigger" Explosion...

An H bomb is not a bigger form of explosion, explosion KO's the target, an H bomb kills everything, it isn't like an earthquake where things survive afterword, the intense heat and force kills everything, and if there by an act of God does happen to be any survivors, the radiation kills them slowly, that includes Ghosts, plus an H bomb is not a type of pokemon move it will affect the ghosts, and yes protect does stop moves that KO them like Guillotine and Sheer Cold but anybody with an form of logic (this is not to be disrespectful by the way just making a point) can tell an H bomb>Guillotine and sheer cold in terms of force and Radius, and yes a bunch of Alakazam could do that but that is alot of Alakazam, and finally the damp ability can stop scentient life forms like pokemon from using the pokemon move explosion but that doesn't mean it can stop a real explosin like an H bomb.

Years
    Well let's just say governments would be tighter to say the least.

Also Pokemon are pretty damn dangerous, and since they PHYSICALLY hurt you if you don't comply to their needs, they're like pets but much, much more sophisticated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back